Non-Key Tweets | Page 572 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Compared with Uconn in the B1g - I think the UConn, MSU , Indiana tOSU at the Garden would show Uconn's draw.

Yes Duke, UNC, and Cuse is somewhat strong, but a BIG 12 with UConn, Kansas , UT, and the Oklahomas' would be almost competitive 60/40 ACC. So we are an important pawn in the game.

We are talking about TV networks.

If you'd like to ignore how popular Duke and Carolina are in the Northeast that's fine.

People killed Wing today - but for such an important pawn we are stuck hoping to massage a path to the worst P5 league - so a lot of powerful people see it differently.

Reaction Score
whaler - yes UNC and Duke are strong in NYC but for the general sports fan in greater NY that could have the chance to choose which conference network (and only one) that they pay for I think a BIG 10 with UConn would trump accn and I think a BIG 12 with UConn would lose 60/40 to the new ACCn. The B!G as it is , in bb, would not exist in NYC. But lets talk fb.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
whaler - yes UNC and Duke are strong in NYC but for the general sports fan in greater NY that could have the chance to choose which conference network (and only one) that they pay for I think a BIG 10 with UConn would trump accn and I think a BIG 12 with UConn would lose 60/40 to the new ACCn. The B!G as it is , in bb, would not exist in NYC. But lets talk fb.

I'm sorry I thought we were talking about realistic things.

Reaction Score
W
We are talking about TV networks.

If you'd like to ignore how popular Duke and Carolina are in the Northeast that's fine.

People killed Wing today - but for such an important pawn we are stuck hoping to massage a path to the worst P5 league - so a lot of powerful people see it differently.
shhhh. Stop trolling the board with silly things like reality.

Reaction Score
Lets talk cable subscribers in NE, and then NY,C that have a choice of 1 college network to pay for and the current choice of ACCn, B1G and the "possibility of a Big12n with UConn:

Rank NE under those critiaia
Rank the NYC market (yes its a pro-town but colleges like to want it) under those critiia. You go.

Reaction Score
Does the fact that networks are moving toward digital content and away from the traditional carrier matter in this hypothetical world, or is that too real? ;)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lets talk cable subscribers in NE, and then NY,C that have a choice of 1 college network to pay for and the current choice of ACCn, B1G and the "possibility of a Big12n with UConn:

Rank NE under those critiaia
Rank the NYC market (yes its a pro-town but colleges like to want it) under those critiia. You go.

I guess people have talked themselves into 'New England' - but it's Hartford/New Haven/Middlesex/Windham a little bit of Springfield, some Rhode Island and a small percentage of big populations in Ffld, Boston and NYC. Western Mass/Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine... sports may as well not exist there outside of the Red Sox, Giants and Patriots.

Reaction Score
Who knew Waterbury even had an airport, not to be confused with Waterbury-Oxford Airport? Small charters, and private planes? Waterbury Airport (Connecticut) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oxford has some pretty substantial planes
When I'm back in Ct I like to go to the 121? Restaurant.
The foods not bad and it's pretty neat watching planes
It a pretty busy place.
Some of those planes have a 2000 mile range

. I went up in a glider in a small airport in Plymouth north of Waterbury ,it's up on Plymouth mountain
But that was tiny
The map shows Waterbury airport up near rte 262 that might be the same place

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lear jets.fly out of there, it's plausible.

It was an executive charter fromWaterbury to Austin. There was also a charter from a small airport in Providence the small airport near the B12 offices.

Reaction Score
It was an executive charter fromWaterbury to Austin. There was also a charter from a small airport in Providence the small airport near the B12 offices.
What is this chatter in regards to?

Reaction Score
What is this chatter in regards to?

Flug tweeted yesterday that his source said that Herbst was "taking a trip." I checked the incoming flights for KADS (the small airport nearest the B12 offices), and while most flights are reasonably local, there was one coming from Providence. That's plausible, given that the AAC offices are in Providence.

But, just because I'm curious, I checked all other small airports in CT, and there's one in Waterbury that had a flight to a small airport in Austin, where UT is located. Could be nothing, but it's worth noting that of the 11 flights out of that airport yesterday, 10 were less than an hour, some even staying in-state. Then one random flight to Austin? Seems curious, but I've gone so far around the bend on this stuff that I have no idea what's sane anymore.

Reaction Score
Flug tweeted yesterday that his source said that Herbst was "taking a trip." I checked the incoming flights for KADS (the small airport nearest the B12 offices), and while most flights are reasonably local, there was one coming from Providence. That's plausible, given that the AAC offices are in Providence.

But, just because I'm curious, I checked all other small airports in CT, and there's one in Waterbury that had a flight to a small airport in Austin, where UT is located. Could be nothing, but it's worth noting that of the 11 flights out of that airport yesterday, 10 were less than an hour, some even staying in-state. Then one random flight to Austin? Seems curious, but I've gone so far around the bend on this stuff that I have no idea what's sane anymore.
Worth noting that so far, everything Flug has said has pretty much been consistent with what has happened. "Horse trading" as he's been putting it.

Also pretty sure he started saying UH/BYU/UC/UConn before a lot of the writers did.

Reaction Score
Worth noting that so far, everything Flug has said has pretty much been consistent with what has happened. "Horse trading" as he's been putting it.

Also pretty sure he started saying UH/BYU/UC/UConn before a lot of the writers did.

He started talking about "horse trading" before the sports writers got on to it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Solid morning for the Dood.

Says he has to stop tweeting to go riding and then tweets for another hour+.

He also sold his business and an apartment building. This is great stuff.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Solid morning for the Dood.

Says he has to stop tweeting to go riding and then tweets for another hour+.

He also sold his business and an apartment building. This is great stuff.
The dude is certifiable. I just don't understand the addiction to dump out your life story on twitter and expose your WV OCD. Where is dignity?

Reaction Score
David ‏@dave_n_lala · 17h17 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Really appreciate your takes on all of this. So, odds on Cincy right now? They have been very quiet locally. Strange.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@dave_n_lala Odds on UH, UC & BYU the same. In like Flynn

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 17h17 hours ago
@srfreeman25 @Briuconn @DooleyMcStitch Talking about #14

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@srfreeman25 @Briuconn @DooleyMcStitch UCONN or CSU.

Thunder Dome ‏@Stormy0891 · 15h15 hours ago  Provo, UT
@theDudeofWV chip brown is saying currently byu has moved from 11 to 13 with UH and CIN ahead

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@Stormy0891 Does it matter? 14 is the number.

Reaction Score
shawn Hartley‏@GOLFER7474
@MHver3 Chip Brown says that it looks like 14 teams due to the fact the original 10 can make heck of a lot $$, the first 4 years

shawn Hartley‏@GOLFER7474
@HornsDigest @ChipBrownHD However Gordon Gee was a Professor at BYU

shawn Hartley ‏@GOLFER7474 · 15h15 hours ago
@HornsDigest @ChipBrownHD he is of the Mormon Faith

Chip Brown ‏@ChipBrownHD · 15h15 hours ago
Yep - Gee raised in Utah/Mormon. But now he's on opposite coast, looking for a neighbor in #WVU's same time zone.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is posted somewhere else but it uses "objective" criteria to look at the candidates.

Ranking 8 candidates for Big 12 expansion by what the conference says it wants

IMHO the bottom line is when metrics are applied objectively, UConn is a very, very strong candidate. In order to "disqualify" UConn, posters and haters need to change the narrative to justify their conclusions. (see the comments on the above article.)

If there is one positive to this painful process it is UConn's objective value is finally being recognized. The old argument that "if UConn had value the ACC would have taken them" is not supported by the metrics. It also assumes the ACC expanded purely on "value" whereas all UConn fans know there were a compilation of personality and power struggles which lead to not entirely value based ACC decisions.

If the Big12 goes to 14 its seems difficult to justify not taking UConn. UConn is likely in the top 2 and is certainly in the top 4 in almost every category. UConn is the top academic school, most decorated overall athletic program (BYU has an argument as well), the solitary state flagship of the likely candidates, and probably has the most potential room for growth (at least in football.)

It is truly amazing to watch the pundits try to contort the data to justify their teams. The "total value of the program is football with 75% based on the football record last year" just seems ridiculous. Couple that with the "UConn is too far away" but Utah and Florida are commuter distance and "no one cares about about college sports in Connecticut" and we have a trifecta of the ridiculous.

At the end of the day UConn may not be the perfect fit for the Big12 but we are arguably the top available brand and we are a program which will get looks from the ACC and BIG if they ever expand. No, I am not saying the BIG or ACC is taking UConn now but instead the market drives the value of the program. UConn is arguably the most market demanded G5 team so the Big12 would be making a financial mistake to not grab "the best player at the position" even if it is not the perfect position.

UConn just needs the Big12 expansion evaluation criteria to stay objective and defined. If that happens UConn will be invited if B12 expansion occurs. B12 emotions and politics should be UConn's biggest fears. There is a reason all the B12 sports writers suddenly changing their tunes once metrics came out....UConn is a much better program than its outside of Connecticut public perception.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 59m59 minutes ago
Heads up:
Later this afternoon through BTM/OU contacts we will be given a simple explanation on "on the ground" & "in the air" data.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 58m58 minutes ago
This simple explanation supposedly will lead us to one of the reasons why OU contacts believe UC/UCONN/UH/BYU is where B12 is heading.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 57m57 minutes ago
I personally have never heard of those terms before..."on the ground"..."in the air".
But was told it will be simple explanation.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 56m56 minutes ago
If you have heard of those 2 terms before feel free to chime in...
It may be interesting...it may turnout to be dull info.
IDK

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom