Non-Key Tweets | Page 575 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Good point. Smart on their part not to throw money on a useless sport like that. But you get my point, don't have an all or nothing ultimatum for these non-revenue sports.

It would be odd to force soccer on the Big 12 since they don't have a league. Should win every year tho.

Reaction Score
Is there anyway to do Football and basketball (men's and women's)?

Hopefully UConn doesn't lose out because of an unwillingness to be creative and try and require useless sports like soccer, baseball, every other women's sport must be included
I suspect if the B12 offered us admission with FB and BB only, we'd accept that in about two seconds and worry about finding homes for olympic sports later.

Reaction Score
Republican State Central Committee Member from Wallingford

Mike Vitali@MTvitali 5 hours ago
Can we as a state come together and stop trying to make UCONN football a thing?#ctpolitics#ctgov

Taking a fair amount of flack from the UConn football faithful but holding form that football is a distraction and a waste of time...

Reaction Score
Republican State Central Committee Member from Wallingford

Mike Vitali@MTvitali 5 hours ago
Can we as a state come together and stop trying to make UCONN football a thing?#ctpolitics#ctgov

Taking a fair amount of flack from the UConn football faithful but holding form that football is a distraction and a waste of time...

what a f*&*%&$ . he just looks like a loser

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 45m45 minutes ago
BTM/OU Contacts: TCU support for BYU's entry to Big 12 is real & ongoing.Possible public statement from current TCU "leader" coming shortly

Seasileo ‏@ToddSeastrand · 16m16 minutes ago
@flugempire @zachedmonds94 surprised to see this, considering the rumor is TCU goes whichever way Texas goes.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@ToddSeastrand @zachedmonds94
We don't believe TCU is going against UT on this...
Not at all.

Seasileo ‏@ToddSeastrand · 9m9 minutes ago
@flugempire @zachedmonds94 so Texas is on board with BYU? And you think it's 2 or 4?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6m6 minutes ago
Tweets hours before public Texas public UH support surfaced

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire

BTM: UC/UCONN/UH/BYU is where B12 expansion is headed. Would satisfy FOX. Would satisfy UT donors (UT stays in B12 West with OU-TT)
6:28 AM - 21 Jul 2016

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 11m11 minutes ago
@UtahPigBus @ToddSeastrand @PortlandUte @zachedmonds94
OU/WVU/ISU/KU horse trading votes with Texas faction.
Boren/Gee = UC/UCONN

Drew Livingstone ‏@drubikscube · 9m9 minutes ago
@flugempire @UtahPigBus @ToddSeastrand @PortlandUte @zachedmonds94 "horse trading votes with Texas faction"? Please explain.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 12m12 minutes ago
@drubikscube @UtahPigBus @ToddSeastrand @PortlandUte @zachedmonds94
This is about elevating 4 schools to receive 8 votes.

UH can't get to 8 on their own.
Neither can anyone else(UC exception)

UT planted flag for UH. Others are pushing non Texas schools

Consensus is being built.
Horse trading of votes internally in B12

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3m3 minutes ago
TV partners FOX/ESPN having their voices heard through UT(ESPN)OU(FOX)

Seasileo‏@ToddSeastrand
@flugempire @drubikscube @UtahPigBus @PortlandUte @zachedmonds94 well there ya go, everyone satisfied. Gets real hard if it's only 2 !

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 48s48 seconds ago
@ToddSeastrand @drubikscube @UtahPigBus @PortlandUte @zachedmonds94
You have to get to 14...to get to 12....to get to 14.
Horse Trading

Reaction Score
@UtahPigBus @ToddSeastrand @PortlandUte @zachedmonds94
OU/WVU/ISU/KU horse trading votes with Texas faction.
Boren/Gee = UC/UCONN

Drew Livingstone ‏@drubikscube · 9m9 minutes ago
@flugempire @UtahPigBus @ToddSeastrand @PortlandUte @zachedmonds94 "horse trading votes with Texas faction"? Please explain.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 12m12 minutes ago
This is about elevating 4 schools to receive 8 votes.

UH can't get to 8 on their own.
Neither can anyone else(UC exception)

UT planted flag for UH. Others are pushing non Texas schools

Consensus is being built.
Horse trading of votes internally in B12

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3m3 minutes ago
TV partners FOX/ESPN having their voices heard through UT(ESPN)OU(FOX)

Seasileo‏@ToddSeastrand
@flugempire @drubikscube @UtahPigBus @PortlandUte @zachedmonds94 well there ya go, everyone satisfied. Gets real hard if it's only 2 !

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 48s48 seconds ago
@ToddSeastrand @drubikscube @UtahPigBus @PortlandUte @zachedmonds94
You have to get to 14...to get to 12....to get to 14.
Horse Trading

UT and Texas politics putting Houston into the mix may actually save us it seems. Without that they may only go to two, but with Houston in the mix four just makes more sense to appease everyone.

Reaction Score
unless they bag BYU and then uconn is a likely goner as well...I don't see how Uconn wins the politics game. They only win with rational decisions are made

UConn doesn't win with politics but we do win if they take 4. We win with metrics and it seems WVU and OU are fond of them.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is posted somewhere else but it uses "objective" criteria to look at the candidates.

Ranking 8 candidates for Big 12 expansion by what the conference says it wants

IMHO the bottom line is when metrics are applied objectively, UConn is a very, very strong candidate. In order to "disqualify" UConn, posters and haters need to change the narrative to justify their conclusions. (see the comments on the above article.)

If there is one positive to this painful process it is UConn's objective value is finally being recognized. The old argument that "if UConn had value the ACC would have taken them" is not supported by the metrics. It also assumes the ACC expanded purely on "value" whereas all UConn fans know there were a compilation of personality and power struggles which lead to not entirely value based ACC decisions.

If the Big12 goes to 14 its seems difficult to justify not taking UConn. UConn is likely in the top 2 and is certainly in the top 4 in almost every category. UConn is the top academic school, most decorated overall athletic program (BYU has an argument as well), the solitary state flagship of the likely candidates, and probably has the most potential room for growth (at least in football.)

It is truly amazing to watch the pundits try to contort the data to justify their teams. The "total value of the program is football with 75% based on the football record last year" just seems ridiculous. Couple that with the "UConn is too far away" but Utah and Florida are commuter distance and "no one cares about about college sports in Connecticut" and we have a trifecta of the ridiculous.

At the end of the day UConn may not be the perfect fit for the Big12 but we are arguably the top available brand and we are a program which will get looks from the ACC and BIG if they ever expand. No, I am not saying the BIG or ACC is taking UConn now but instead the market drives the value of the program. UConn is arguably the most market demanded G5 team so the Big12 would be making a financial mistake to not grab "the best player at the position" even if it is not the perfect position.

UConn just needs the Big12 expansion evaluation criteria to stay objective and defined. If that happens UConn will be invited if B12 expansion occurs. B12 emotions and politics should be UConn's biggest fears. There is a reason all the B12 sports writers suddenly changing their tunes once metrics came out....UConn is a much better program than its outside of Connecticut public perception.
Dumb, dumb, and dumber... Please tell me the world is flat or that the moon is made of cheese. These media hacks aren't worth a lick.

The article says, ranked by what the big 12 has stated are important. Never mentions geography, then the obligatory, "if uconn can overcome the distance"... Did the Big 12 mention location in their criteria?

And measuring academic strength on endowment while mocking usnwr rankings? If endowmen measures the ability of a school to spend capital, is it worth mentioning the $1B committed by the state of CT to Uconn? No because that would require effort.
The Internet has killed journalistic integrity and any sense of actual fact finding.

Reaction Score
GREG S W A I M ‏@GS wa im · 8h8 hours ago

Top four haven't changed for #Big12 expansion, but #5 moving up on #4...

1. #BYU
2. #GoCoogs
3. #UCBearcats
4. #GoTigersGo
5. #UConn

Reaction Score
Reading comments to CR article in SB Nation. They are arguing about teams wins and losses. The only thing that matters is Cable Boxes, what do they not understand? The whole objective of CR is money. Doesn't matter how many in stadium, or who is watching on tv (except for advertising $). Plus cable boxes in wealthy areas get tv more dollars for upscale viewers.

I know there is more but I'm too tired to go into it.

Reaction Score
GREG S W A I M ‏@GS wa im · 8h8 hours ago

Top four haven't changed for #Big12 expansion, but #5 moving up on #4...

1. #BYU
2. #GoCoogs
3. #UCBearcats
4. #GoTigersGo
5. #UConn
I give this a 50/50 chance of being correct
The 4th spot is between us and Memphis and they are lining pockets
and Houston was an inside job
If it was two it was always going to be Cinncy and BYU

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reading comments to CR article in SB Nation. They are arguing about teams wins and losses. The only thing that matters is Cable Boxes, what do they not understand? The whole objective of CR is money. Doesn't matter how many in stadium, or who is watching on tv (except for advertising $). Plus cable boxes in wealthy areas get tv more dollars for upscale viewers.

I know there is more but I'm too tired to go into it.
Look at you Nell, all CR experty.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UT and Texas politics putting Houston into the mix may actually save us it seems. Without that they may only go to two, but with Houston in the mix four just makes more sense to appease everyone.

I think it is unlikely Houston makes the cut if it is just 2 teams. I don't think the northern teams will go for it, and I don't see UT or the Governor laying down on the tracks over UH. I still think we are one of the Top 3 going for 2 slots, and in good shape if it goes to 4 slots.

Flugs doesn't have a great track record, but he seems more credible than the Key Tweet journalists who think this has anything to do with last year's record.

Reaction Score
I was listening to College Sports Radio this am during my commute and Swaim and some other guy were talking B12 expansion. Wow, they really don't get it at all. Swaim spent five minutes saying why Houston is the best, most logical candidate. footprint, facilities, coach, current football program, former Heisman trophy winner. Said the other Texas schools might not want competition for recruiting, but everything else makes too much sense. After that he thought BYU, then Memphis/Cincy and CSU. But said they should only go to two because it would dilute the revenues too much.

I wanted to call them and ask them why they thought the B12 was expanding? IT was dumb and dumber.

they said the twitter folk suggesting the B12 grab an ACC,, B10 or SEC school were clueless because those schools get a lot more money than B12. then went on to say that while a longshot, they should look at the Pac12 schools like Utah or the AZ schools.

They literally had everything wrong

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
From a Big 12 board thread on CR....TV ratings in millions watching

Going back and adding up rating from the past three years 2013, 2014, and 2015 (including conference championship and bowl games) yields the following:

Navy = 41M
Boise = 39M
BYU = 39M
UCF = 31M
Houston = 25M
Army = 23M
Cincy= 22M
Northern Ill = 21M
East Carolina = 21M
Temple = 21M
UConn = 20M
Fresno = 19M
San Diego St = 14M
Memphis = 14M
USF = 13M
SMU = 13M
Tulsa = 12M

Tulane = 5M

And more people watch UConn basketball than any of those football programs. I wish people would stop assuming that football is everything. It's a lot, it isn't everything.

Reaction Score

Swaim is Mr. Realignment. He's been talking about it for years. He is based on OK and is an OSU guy, I think. Listening to them was embarrassing. I listened to other CSR hosts over the weekend (admittedly for the first time) and most got the general gist

Reaction Score
I was listening to College Sports Radio this am during my commute and and some other guy were talking B12 expansion. Wow, they really don't get it at all. spent five minutes saying why Houston is the best, most logical candidate. footprint, facilities, coach, current football program, former Heisman trophy winner. Said the other Texas schools might not want competition for recruiting, but everything else makes too much sense. After that he thought BYU, then Memphis/Cincy and CSU. But said they should only go to two because it would dilute the revenues too much.

It's unbelievable how inept some of these folks are, but a good sign of why most folks are broke. If this host still does not understand the tv contract and "dilution", he should be sent back to remedial learning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom