Non-Key Tweets | Page 498 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Personally, I'm sure Delaney is going cave in. I'm thinking we're all in by the 2017 season.
I like your enthusiasm/optimism but IMHO it's a pipe dream at best.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like your enthusiasm/optimism but IMHO it's a pipe dream at best.
First Dooley, and now FDNY?? My god what's happened to you people? They've finally broken you. Well not me, by god! I intend to remain blissfully delusional. Your lack of staying power in the face of reality sickens me. Sure things are looking bleak, but I remain...
photo-30.jpg

Reaction Score
First Dooley, and now FDNY?? My god what's happened to you people? They've finally broken you. Well not me, by god! I intend to remain blissfully delusional. Your lack of staying power in the face of reality sickens me. Sure things are looking bleak, but I remain...
photo-30.jpg
I hope you get to say "I told you so" to Dooley and I.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Technically it was 4 words. But let's not embarrass sportsart further.
No, conjunctions do not count toward the official total.

Reaction Score
What about all those B1g alumni in Arizona? Before this, people were screaming it made perfect sense. Won't they feel left out?
Nah, it's a bad hockey market to begin with, the B1G is having issues right now with a few blue blood teams going through some serious downswings, they don't want to add a new team just for the extra body, they want a competitive program. ASU won't be competitive for years to come. That plus the enormous travel (NCHC and WCHA already travel west as it is) makes adding them to the B1G not a good fit. If they're taking non-football hockey-only schools, adding Miami and passing over North Dakota would be monumentally stupid on their end.

Reaction Score
Nah, it's a bad hockey market to begin with, the B1G is having issues right now with a few blue blood teams going through some serious downswings, they don't want to add a new team just for the extra body, they want a competitive program. ASU won't be competitive for years to come. That plus the enormous travel (NCHC and WCHA already travel west as it is) makes adding them to the B1G not a good fit. If they're taking non-football hockey-only schools, adding Miami and passing over North Dakota would be monumentally stupid on their end.
I agree 100%. I was kidding and have been laughing at that argument from its inception. It made no sense. It makes no sense.

Reaction Score
photo-30.jpg
From your picture, are you trying to tell us that UConn can expect good news re: CR on Christmas Day?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
photo-30.jpg

You'd be better off with a Say Anything poster. Maybe Delany has a soft spot for Peter Gabriel.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You'd be better off with a Say Anything poster. Maybe Delany has a soft spot for Peter Gabriel.
See now you were always a Negative Nelly on realignment. It's the loss of the true believers that is disappointing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Jim... we've been left out so many times

Years pass and Renschlers' emptiness hurts my heart

When I want to run away
I turn on Temple and Tulane

But as our RPI slides away,
We come back to the place you are.

All/the/slash/posts/they/return.

And the Big 12 so soon will burn.

Without Calhoun, Without Warde M

So many claim to be on the inside!

In your league
the cash, the network
In your league
We can compete
In your league
The resolution of all this fruitless posting
In your league
Oh we just want to compete
In your league
We want to grab that cash and ditch Tulsa
In your league.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 Apr 25
Looking like NBC and CBS currently high bidder for 2nd half of B10 content at $170m total.

Omega Supreme ‏@OmegaSupreme914 20h20 hours ago
@MH ver3 combined or $170m each

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@OmegaSupreme914 combined.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 @OmegaSupreme914 considering CBS was paying 75 million just for a handful of basketball games, your off, by 100 million or so

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
@NebGradDubDub @OmegaSupreme914 that $75m was over 6 years.the $170m offer is per year for 6 years.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 2h2 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub @MH ver3 @OmegaSupreme914 but yet ESPN continues to under bid....

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 40m40 minutes ago
@MurrDCU @MH ver3 @OmegaSupreme914 ESPN is screwed if they let the B10 getaway. Again. look what the BTN decision has done to them

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 39m39 minutes ago
@MurrDCU @MH ver3 @OmegaSupreme914 Delaney can sell OTA networks to AD and coaches. OTA is the NFL model. Delaney is following it

@MurrDCU @NebGradDubDub @OmegaSupreme914 I told you guys months ago that ESPN told B12 they probably wouldn't win B10 bidding

Rumor is NBC,CBS, and TBS will make B10 an offer of $200m per year for the other half of rights.

ESPN could be totally without B10 content. Except for what they buy from BTN a la carte

I'm hearing CBS at $50m per year, NBC at $100m and TBS at $50m.tbs and CBS want mostly bball NBC would net most of football.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 30m30 minutes ago
@MH ver3 yup. And what they buy ala cart is Indiana vs Purdue football type games

Genetics56 ‏@Genetics56 16m16 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub @MH ver3 B1G should go for OTA all day long, not ESPN. OTA gets the viewers. Viewers = more interest.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 and if B1G rejects offer, it could all go back to the BTN?

@MurrDCU no. There's more money in selling a large chunk as a package.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 Apr 25
Looking like NBC and CBS currently high bidder for 2nd half of B10 content at $170m total.

@MH ver3 @OmegaSupreme914 considering CBS was paying 75 million just for a handful of basketball games, your off, by 100 million or so

@NebGradDubDub @OmegaSupreme914 that $75m was over 6 years.the $170m offer is per year for 6 years.

@NebGradDubDub @MH ver3 @OmegaSupreme914 but yet ESPN continues to under bid....

@MurrDCU @MH ver3 @OmegaSupreme914 ESPN is screwed if they let the B10 getaway. Again. look what the BTN decision has done to them

@MurrDCU @MH ver3 @OmegaSupreme914 Delaney can sell OTA networks to AD and coaches. OTA is the NFL model. Delaney is following it

@MurrDCU @NebGradDubDub @OmegaSupreme914 I told you guys months ago that ESPN told B12 they probably wouldn't win B10 bidding

Rumor is NBC,CBS, and TBS will make B10 an offer of $200m per year for the other half of rights.

ESPN could be totally without B10 content. Except for what they buy from BTN a la carte

I'm hearing CBS at $50m per year, NBC at $100m and TBS at $50m.tbs and CBS want mostly bball NBC would net most of football.

@MH ver3 yup. And what they buy ala cart is Indiana vs Purdue football type games

@NebGradDubDub @MH ver3 B1G should go for OTA all day long, not ESPN. OTA gets the viewers. Viewers = more interest.

Could ESPN and the Big Ten part ways? - FootballScoop

Reaction Score
No, conjunctions do not count toward the official total.

You guys never heard that joke before? PJ..... There is no possible way I could embarrass myself any worse than I did during my HFD type madness days.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 Apr 25

These twitter people like flugempire, Mhver3 and Thedudeofwv simply don't have a clue what they are taking about. Delany's goal for the B1G is to maximize games on OTA. CBS will get some basketball content to go with Turner, but at a higher price than he is guessing. NBC has already placed a bid for football content and will pay good money.

The question is, does NBC get most of the football content and FOX gets more content, or does ESPN get a few games to go along with NBC?

The experts are saying it is unlikely ESPN will be able to put up a bid to get content and could very well be left out of the B1G rights.

CBS game. NBC game. FOX game. That gives 6 B1G tems that can play on OTA for just one game a week on each channel.

What will be interesting is what the B1G does with the digital rights? Do they sell to Yahoo for millions of dollars?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
These twitter people like flugempire, and Thedudeofwv simply don't have a clue what they are taking about. Delany's goal for the B1G is to maximize games on OTA. CBS will get some basketball content to go with Turner, but at a higher price than he is guessing. NBC has already placed a bid for football content and will pay good money.

The question is, does NBC get most of the football content and FOX gets more content, or does ESPN get a few games to go along with NBC?

The experts are saying it is unlikely ESPN will be able to put up a bid to get content and could very well be left out of the B1G rights.

CBS game. NBC game. FOX game. That gives 6 B1G tems that can play on OTA for just one game a week on each channel.

What will be interesting is what the B1G does with the digital rights? Do they sell to Yahoo for millions of dollars?
Uh, flug is as key as the non-key tweets get. The dood and others just babble nonsense because for science.

pj

Reaction Score
If Susan uses Hockey as a way to get into the B1G That's literally the equivalent of us putting out last $100 on 15 and having it hit.

You're right, putting in our last $100 is too risky. Susan should offer women's field hockey instead.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 48m48 minutes ago
The Big 12 will not expand without a network. Profit aside a 12 member Big 12 severely undermines the conf GoR.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 47m47 minutes ago
Why? Because the damages to the Big 12 - the TV contract being voided with less than 10 - are much less.

If the Big 12 has 12 members then the TV contract remains intact if 2 leave & likely eliminate specific performance as a cure.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 45m45 minutes ago
So without the network the Big 12 actually has a disincentive to expand.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 18h18 hours ago

Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste 5h5 hours agoIrmo, SC
@MH ver3 Isn't it this half the better of the two? If so, FOX must be kicking themselves for over paying

@Mountaineer_Ste this half has the CCG but the first half had better game selection.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 Apr 22
Swofford is discussing with Bowlsby the possibility of a pooling of resources if the ACC loses schools.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 Apr 22
On the plus side it would be a conference that commands the largest TV share in the country and have several historical power schools

UTDrew6 ‏@UTDrew6 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 THAT'S what I'm talking about. Joining forces makes the most sense for lots of reasons. Keep us up to date on this B12/ACC talks.

@UTDrew6 it's not really talks per se, just phone conversations at this point.

Andy smith ‏@Doctor_alesmith 3h3 hours agoShaker Heights, OH
@Expansion_Crush @flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 I told u b1g is over rated http://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2016/04/ridiculous-b1g-propaganda.html…

Omega Supreme ‏@OmegaSupreme914 3h3 hours ago
@Doctor_alesmith @Expansion_Crush @flugempire sounds like the Dude wrote this

Andy smith ‏@Doctor_alesmith 3h3 hours agoCleveland, OH
@OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush @flugempire yup

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago
@Doctor_alesmith @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush "Big 10 fanboys" have stated the total deal will be in low 400 mil range..BTM says 440

@Doctor_alesmith @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush There is nobody I know who is stating 500 mil will be the total deal.

@Doctor_alesmith @OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush Again...these guys build straw men to help them sleep at night. Very Dude like...

@OmegaSupreme914 @Doctor_alesmith @Expansion_Crush He should first learn what a 15% raise is from 10 year / 1 Bil contract is...good grief

@OmegaSupreme914 @Doctor_alesmith @Expansion_Crush B1G universities are going to be very happy with the money part of deal...however...

@OmegaSupreme914 @Doctor_alesmith @Expansion_Crush Let's hope B1G schools be happy with Exposure part of deal when it's all said & done

Expansion_crush ‏@Expansion_Crush 3h3 hours agoAtlanta, IN
@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 @Doctor_alesmith it's only 6 years. I think it'll change the way we watch our teams in the Midwest

pj

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 48m48 minutes ago
Profit aside a 12 member Big 12 severely undermines the conf GoR.

Why? Because the damages to the Big 12 - the TV contract being voided with less than 10 - are much less.

If the Big 12 has 12 members then the TV contract remains intact if 2 leave & likely eliminate specific performance as a cure.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 45m45 minutes ago
So without the network the Big 12 actually has a disincentive to expand.

In other words, the B12 is best served by Cleavon Little's strategy in Blazing Saddles:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom