Non-Key Tweets | Page 463 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No, those people talking about "ACC teams" have this fantasy that Florida State can get out of the ACC grant of rights (and soon) if there is no ACC Network by 7/1/16.

Of course, there is no evidence at all that the GOR is tied to a network or that FSU, Clemson, Georgia Tech and/or Miami (the WVU guys hoped for schools) have any interest or ability at all to jump to the Big 12.

Indeed. The Big XII wouldn't want Wake (or BC) and knows it can't ever get UNC, UVA. It has its sights set on FSU, Clemson, Miami and maybe NC State.

The crackpot theory of the moment is along these lines. The B1G may raid the ACC despite the GOR and take some combination of UVA, UNC and GT. The SEC would dive in and grab VT and somebody else, maybe NC State. The Big XII could then pick up the leftovers.

Here are my reasons why this is a fantasy:
  1. ACC GOR
  2. UNC, Duke and UVA pride. These are proud schools and prefer to anchor their own conference. Add FSU if you like.
  3. The B1G wants into this region because it is rapidly growing and has money. It's a potential gold mine. UNC and UVA (and the other schools) know this. The ACC has a bad contract in the current landscape, but they have great potential as they are (more if they hadn't screwed up with Pitt and Louisville).

Reaction Score
The only way for schools like FSU and Texas to join ranks is to create a new conference.

If you're FSU, you may be looking at schools like Wake Forest, BC, etc., and thinking, WTF?!?! But then you look at the B12 and see schools like Iowa St., Kansas St., and even to a certain extent, TCU and Baylor, and you might be thinking, WTF!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How ironic would be if UConn, FSU, Clemson and Miami joined he Big 12 leading to a B1G/SEC feeding frenzy on the best of the rest?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The pro for FSU in the ACC: FSU has by far the easiest path to the National Championship. They only have Clemson to deal with and the rest of the league is a warm up for the main act. Move to a Big 12 - you have Oklahoma, Baylor, TCU, Texas, etc as more than potential landmines. SEC- Alabama, etc. The ACC is perfect for them - as long as they money is in the ball park conference wise.

The con for FSU - other than the 100s of athletes who have been arrested(couldn't help myself here) - the rest of the league outside of Clemson football wise has major issues and do not warrant (another pun) a bigger contract.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Indeed. The Big XII wouldn't want Wake (or BC) and knows it can't ever get UNC, UVA. It has its sights set on FSU, Clemson, Miami and maybe NC State.

The crackpot theory of the moment is along these lines. The B1G may raid the ACC despite the GOR and take some combination of UVA, UNC and GT. The SEC would dive in and grab VT and somebody else, maybe NC State. The Big XII could then pick up the leftovers.

Here are my reasons why this is a fantasy:
  1. ACC GOR
  2. UNC, Duke and UVA pride. These are proud schools and prefer to anchor their own conference. Add FSU if you like.
  3. The B1G wants into this region because it is rapidly growing and has money. It's a potential gold mine. UNC and UVA (and the other schools) know this. The ACC has a bad contract in the current landscape, but they have great potential as they are (more if they hadn't screwed up with Pitt and Louisville).

The whole thing seems like such utter nonsense, that it becomes impossible to believe anything Dude or MH say. When someone is claiming to have "sources", you can't just believe the stuff you like and ignore the stuff you don't. When they claim their sources are giving them "tips" that contain so many revenge fantasies, why listen to them at all?

Until ANYONE semi credible signs onto the ACC Apocalypse story, we must assume that everything coming out of those two is fiction.

Reaction Score
The whole thing seems like such utter nonsense, that it becomes impossible to believe anything Dude or MH say. When someone is claiming to have "sources", you can't just believe the stuff you like and ignore the stuff you don't. When they claim their sources are giving them "tips" that contain so many revenge fantasies, why listen to them at all?

Until ANYONE semi credible signs onto the ACC Apocalypse story, we must assume that everything coming out of those two is fiction.
Nelson, you are a knowledgeable guy. It doesn't take a dude from WV to figure out that the ACCs long term sustainability looks bleak. Besides anyone you deem credible will be instructed to keep the impending demise close to their vest. You won't see many articles until after the fact.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
the P5 dinner table has five legs, three are stable, two are wobbly. The easiest fix is to use one of the wobbly legs to fix the other. It's a matter of which wobbly leg convinces pieces from the other wobbly leg that its the leg that's going to remain.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I don't buy the ACC collapse. It's a superior academic conference in a prime, growing region, and has several prominent schools. FSU was on record turning down the Big XII before, and there were indications that academic associations with UNC, UVA, GT, Duke, BC, Miami and WF were important to them.

In fact, the only "new" news we've seen lately is that the ACC is set to get $3M more per school from ESPN. I don't think the league is going anywhere. I think the Big XII is likely to act to save itself too, as it did once before.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nelson, you are a knowledgeable guy. It doesn't take a dude from WV to figure out that the ACCs long term sustainability looks bleak. Besides anyone you deem credible will be instructed to keep the impending demise close to their vest. You won't see many articles until after the fact.

This is what we know. The ACC has a GOR extending through 2025. The ACC has had opportunities to split up and chose to stick together. ESPN renegotiated the ACC contract up hundreds of millions of dollars when they helped the ACC raid the Big East. Have we seen any signs that the ACC is in any jeopardy at all other than some crazy revenge fantasies from a handful of message board posters and twitter freaks?

The ACC doesn't need to do anything before 2025 to survive. I think they would be a lot stronger long-term if they added UConn and solidified the northeast, but people can disagree. In 2025, the world could be completely different with streaming and a la carte content, and the ACC has plenty of time to make decisions about what happens then.

Reaction Score
I don't buy the ACC collapse. It's a superior academic conference in a prime, growing region, and has several prominent schools. FSU was on record turning down the Big XII before, and there were indications that academic associations with UNC, UVA, GT, Duke, BC, Miami and WF were important to them.

In fact, the only "new" news we've seen lately is that the ACC is set to get $3M more per school from ESPN. I don't think the league is going anywhere. I think the Big XII is likely to act to save itself too, as it did once before.

The football schools, and some of the others, have shown that academics are not important here. North Carolina, FSU, Miami, Clemson. I would not be surprised at all if these schools ever started out on their own.

The question here is, how do Syracuse and Pitt fit? I think Wake Forest and Boston College are practically forgone conclusions as being unfit.

I can't see these conferences ever breaking up because of the mass entanglements and shivving it would require, but if these schools were free agents, I could easily imagine them grouping like so:

FSU, Miami, Clemson, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, NC State, Duke, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and maybe Texas Tech and even Kansas.

Baylor, TCU, Syracuse, Pitt, West Virginia, Louisville would be huge question marks.

Kansas State and Iowa State would be probably left out to dry.

Reaction Score
This is what we know. The ACC has a GOR extending through 2025. The ACC has had opportunities to split up and chose to stick together. ESPN renegotiated the ACC contract up hundreds of millions of dollars when they helped the ACC raid the Big East. Have we seen any signs that the ACC is in any jeopardy at all other than some crazy revenge fantasies from a handful of message board posters and twitter freaks?

The ACC doesn't need to do anything before 2025 to survive. I think they would be a lot stronger long-term if they added UConn and solidified the northeast, but people can disagree. In 2025, the world could be completely different with streaming and a la carte content, and the ACC has plenty of time to make decisions about what happens then.
Its my understanding that anyone sensible who is predicting the ACC demise is thinking in those terms. No one thinks the ACC will implode tomorrow or next year. When the GOR ends is a whole different story.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 5h5 hours ago
LHN has better carriage than Pac12N already so please stop comparing B12N launch with theirs. It will be similar to SECN if anything

Adding teams in the right markets critical to boosting income from existing carriage.

A block of 3 ACC schools will come to B12 if UVA/UNC/Duke/GT leave. Sec has gotten similar commit from VT/NCST

Waiting until after The other conference up north finalizes it's TV contract is in the best interest for B12.

Hawkeye ‏@hawkeyeND 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 sorry, but if you think the smallest, most regional conference in the country would be as profitable as SECN or BTN, you're nuts

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 48m48 minutes ago
@MH ver3 your understanding of these networks and their equity shows how little you know about the finances of conference networks. Read up.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 37m37 minutes ago
@MH ver3 B10 Net is owned by FOX and B10. B10 can dictate what games are sold to other networks. B10 could sell their "half" for billions.

Dave Ackermann ‏@ack4wvu 40m40 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub @MH ver3 Prove him wrong or stop with the talking down to him. Zhe has it more correct than you do.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 37m37 minutes ago
@ack4wvu @MH ver3 SEC network is wholly owned by ESPN. no equity to be sold.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 36m36 minutes ago
@ack4wvu @MH ver3 P12 network is wholly owned by P12. They could sell off any percentage or all of it for millions anytime they want.

Dave Ackermann ‏@ack4wvu 34m34 minutes agoWheeling, WV
@NebGradDubDub @MH ver3 in order to get Millions you have to have s buyer that values same....pac12 will never get nstional network success

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 31m31 minutes ago
@ack4wvu @MH ver3 P12 networks would be bought for 30 million or more per team tomorrow if ESPN or FOX could.

Dave Ackermann ‏@ack4wvu 29m29 minutes agoWheeling, WV
@NebGradDubDub @MH ver3 talk about overstating your claims.....that is a laugher on your value of PAC12 network

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 24m24 minutes ago
@ack4wvu @MH ver3 no, it's not.

Dave Ackermann ‏@ack4wvu 19m19 minutes agoWheeling, WV
@NebGradDubDub @MH ver3 Does not Fox Own a portion of the BTN?

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 35m35 minutes ago
@ack4wvu @MH ver3 LHN is similar to SEC network. B10 and P12 can use networks to actually sell inventory to bidders. SEC can not. Got it

Dave Ackermann ‏@ack4wvu 32m32 minutes agoWheeling, WV
@NebGradDubDub @MH ver3 Sec can dictate.....are uou for real? ESPN WILL KISS THEIR ARSE EVERYTIME

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 30m30 minutes ago
@ack4wvu @MH ver3 SEC doesn't dictate to ESPN. they lost that leverage when they gave ESPN all of their "network eligible" content

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 29m29 minutes ago
@ack4wvu @MH ver3 SEC only leverage with ESPN is the tier 1, 2 deal. If B10 drops ESPN than ESPN will lose all leverage to the SEC.

Dave Ackermann ‏@ack4wvu 24m24 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub @MH ver3 ESPN will give leverage to SEC whatever they want and your stating otherwise is equivical to a wet dream

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 28m28 minutes ago
@ack4wvu @MH ver3 that's why ESPN will break the bank for the B10. If they don't, than the SEC will own ESPN in future negotiations

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 27m27 minutes ago
@ack4wvu @MH ver3 if you don't have the B10 or the SEC than your ratings are pure . ESPN is certain of this. As is FOX.

ME: The "argument" between "Doug" and "Dave" is pure comedy gold. :D

Reaction Score
No, those people talking about "ACC teams" have this fantasy that Florida State can get out of the ACC grant of rights (and soon) if there is no ACC Network by 7/1/16.

Of course, there is no evidence at all that the GOR is tied to a network or that FSU, Clemson, Georgia Tech and/or Miami (the WVU guys hoped for schools) have any interest or ability at all to jump to the Big 12.

According to MH3, a new GOR will have to be signed in order for schools to get the $3,000,000. That is the opening for schools to leave, according to MH3.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · Mar 15
@UCONNfan14 the clause never stated an amount. And it will require a new GOR to be signed. The current one is real enough until July

pj

Reaction Score

It defies reason that the ACC could get BOTH (a) a $3 mn bump in payouts per team from ESPN and (b) the right to leave the league with their TV rights intact, in exchange for the simple failure of ESPN to set up a network, which is not entirely in ESPN's control.

Since the possibility of $3 mn bump has been widely reported and publicly stated by ACC leaders, I think it's clear they got something like (a). Ergo, they did not get (b).

However, the MH scenario where the GoR had a limited term and the $3 mn is not compensation for the failure to create a network, but compensation for a new/extended GoR, is plausible. In fact more plausible than compensation for failing to set up a network.

But even if the GoR goes away, there is still the 3-year exit fee, which would be up to $60 mn after a $3 mn bump. It's hard to see the B12 being $60 mn superior to the ACC.

Reaction Score
LAT ‏@letsgomtnrs 9h9 hours ago
@MH ver3 So what about the report that Texas is refusing to give up the LHN?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@letsgomtnrs they are not refusing. They are negotiating

BrewDog ‏@BrewDog44 7h7 hours ago
@MH ver3 Where does BC, Cuse, Pitt, Wake land, AAC?

@BrewDog44 more likely the leftovers retain the ACC name and credits and simply refill with AAC

Hawkeye ‏@hawkeyeND 7h7 hours ago
@MH ver3 sorry, but if you think the smallest, most regional conference in the country would be as profitable as SECN or BTN, you're nuts

@hawkeyeND I never said as profitable as. Just that Pac12N disaster is not going to happen with B12N

@hawkeyeND and with additions it will not be the smallest or most regional-that will be the Pac12.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 5h5 hours ago
@MH ver3 your understanding of these networks and their equity shows how little you know about the finances of conference networks. Read up.

@NebGradDubDub I read up, and you are wrong.

joe‏@jessicalarson0
@flugempire @MH ver3 @theDudeofWV I work for the Big Ten Conference. OK and TX will announce they are moving to the B1G on 8/1/2016.

@jessicalarson0 sure they will

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
@jessicalarson0 @flugempire @MH ver3 Sue you do.... sure they will.... blocked.

ME: Someone gives them a taste of their own moonshine. :p

Reaction Score
Could you imagine if on 8/1 OU and UT moved to The B1G? The Dude's Face would literally melt off Raiders of The Lost Ark Style.

And then WVU was forced to join the ACC (if they are that lucky)...

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 26m26 minutes ago
There are some in the B12 that don't think Miami is worthy of an invite. I disagree. But the feeling is there.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 25m25 minutes ago
Miami/FSU is always a ratings grab.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 27m27 minutes ago
I wish I could tell you what I know about up north.

I can say that the ACC is in for a wallop if they can't get their together and sign a GOR that will be valid and binding after July.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 23m23 minutes ago
My source tells me that is one in B12 prefer UC/Uconn/FSU/Clemson and stay at 14 until Pac12 GOR is up.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 23m23 minutes ago
They think by then the gap between PAC and B12 will be so wide that an old friend and a new one may want to come play.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 22m22 minutes ago
Would be good sized markets to add to network as well. But they would have to sell their stake in Pac12N.

The profits from that sale may be enough to buy the football team a trip to the Golden Corral.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 24m24 minutes ago
@MH ver3 Colorado and Arizona?

@MurrDCU yes and yes

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 20m20 minutes ago
Also just want to add that athletic directors aren't going to be making decisions about converting networks or conference expansion

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 20m20 minutes ago
They have input but that's about it

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 18m18 minutes ago
New timeline looks like: May-B12 has meeting to discuss findings of research. July-ACC/ESPN make or break;BigNorth new TV deal/wrecks acc(?)

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 16m16 minutes ago
Late July: B12 expands by at least 2(UC/Uconn) or maybe 4(Uconn,FSU,Clemson,UC/Miami) convert LHN to B12N. Add CCG

Aaron ‏@posas13 24m24 minutes ago
@MH ver3 and talent. crazy to not want Miami. Big 8 / SWC simply afraid of Miami after the beatings they took in the Orange Bowl.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 24m24 minutes ago
@posas13 @MH ver3 Miami still looks like fools gold

Aaron ‏@posas13 21m21 minutes ago
@MurrDCU @MH ver3 Regardless whether Miami fulfills it's potential, they still own a lg market, natl interest & best talent base in the US.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@posas13 @MurrDCU but they fill a stadium like Pitt

Aaron ‏@posas13 18m18 minutes ago
@MH ver3 @MurrDCU True, but kind of sound like a fan who had their heartbroken by UM too many times...like OU & UT.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 22m22 minutes ago
@posas13 @MH ver3 FSU gets you into that market

@MurrDCU @MH ver3 Nope. Tallahassee is a loooong way from Miami.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@posas13 @MurrDCU recruiting-wise yes. Network-wise no.

Aaron ‏@posas13 18m18 minutes ago
@MH ver3 @MurrDCU The stadium is their biggest issue.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 17m17 minutes ago
@posas13 @MH ver3 Miami has regressed heavily. Stadium issues sanctions recruiting violations....

aron ‏@posas13 16m16 minutes ago
@MurrDCU @MH ver3 NCAA issues are done. They've had strong recruiting 3 consecutive years, and the stadium just went thru $300MM+ reno.

Aaron ‏@posas13 15m15 minutes ago
@MurrDCU @MH ver3 Stadium location is the biggest problem...if they can share the MLS stadium with Beckham, would solve things.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 13m13 minutes ago
@posas13 @MurrDCU they should've kept the old one.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 15m15 minutes ago
@MH ver3 @posas13 were they renting the old on?

Aaron ‏@posas13 11m11 minutes ago
@MurrDCU @MH ver3 Tallahassee is more like Alabama than Miami...different galaxy.

Aaron ‏@posas13 13m13 minutes ago
@MH ver3 @MurrDCU Yes. They tore down the Orange Bowl to build the Marlins Stadium..disaster.

Aaron ‏@posas13 13m13 minutes ago
@MH ver3 @MurrDCU Guys, FSU does not deliver Florida. See here, FSU followers #3 in Miami at 9% vs Canes at 59% http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-map.html#8,26.092,-80.105…

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 12m12 minutes ago
@posas13 @MurrDCU for ratings yes. But B12N would get the rate hike for subscribers statewide with just one.

Aaron ‏@posas13 10m10 minutes ago
@MH ver3 @MurrDCU Would be a missed opportunity to not have regular games in Dade county...WVU built much of their program due to those games

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 9m9 minutes ago
@posas13 @MurrDCU I agree and I love the U. Miss those games more than Pitt.

Aaron ‏@posas13 11m11 minutes ago
@MH ver3 @MurrDCU WVU used games vs. Miami to unlock recruiting in FL...especially South Florida.

@MH ver3 @MurrDCU Culturally Miami & Tallahassee are different planets, not to mention a 7 hour drive.

Aaron ‏@posas13 23m23 minutes ago
@MH ver3 @MurrDCU Will see what the program looks like with no NCAA over their heads, a new coach, and a refurbished stadium.

Andrew Wamugi ‏@AndrewWamugi 24m24 minutes ago
@MH ver3 that timeline would suggest teams wouldn't move until 2017 at earliest.

@AndrewWamugi I think the two AAC teams would play by fall 2017.

Andrew Wamugi ‏@AndrewWamugi 21m21 minutes ago
@MH ver3 do you know the AAC buyout fees? I believe I read about them a long time ago but can't recall.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 18m18 minutes ago
@AndrewWamugi I think for UC, Uconn, and USF it is more than the others because they received the WVU/RU/Louisville $$. $10mil I think

Andrew Wamugi ‏@AndrewWamugi 17m17 minutes ago
@MH ver3 that $10m fee seems recoupable pretty quickly even at a graduated Big 12 conference share before its equal to current members

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@AndrewWamugi I think the network $$ wouldn't be graduated. Just the ESPN/fox $$

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 17m17 minutes ago
B12 CCG with current 10 members and Having OU and UT in separate divisions is worth $50mil per year.

Andrew Wamugi ‏@AndrewWamugi 16m16 minutes ago
@MH ver3 that value would be worth double what the conference up north gets for its CCG currently. I imagine it will increase for them soon

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@AndrewWamugi theirs will more than double

DadofBoys ‏@dadofboys5 16m16 minutes ago
@MH ver3 you really need to stop tweeting such blatantly false tweets. 1- no divisions in a 10 team conference 2- ACC already has GOR

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@dadofboys5 the $$ was given to B12 before the ncaa made the ruling. Having them is separate divisions is still key with 12

DadofBoys ‏@dadofboys5 13m13 minutes ago
@MH ver3 your tweet talked about 10 team championship game and OU and UT in seperate divisions

@dadofboys5 yes it did. Those financials were given to the conference months ago. They are going to 12 though.

DadofBoys ‏@dadofboys5 13m13 minutes ago
@MH ver3 You also went off about ACC needing grant of rights which they already have for another decade. Just stop

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@dadofboys5 GOR only valid after July 1st with ACCN creation. New one will be needed after that.

DadofBoys ‏@dadofboys5 14m14 minutes ago
@MH ver3 It is valid through 2026-2027 season

@dadofboys5 you will be shocked when Tobacco Road splits for greener pastures then

DadofBoys ‏@dadofboys5 10m10 minutes ago
@MH ver3 smh

Andrew Wamugi ‏@AndrewWamugi 13m13 minutes ago
@MH ver3 OU and UT in opposite divisions is the opposite of FSU/Miami, Ohio State/Michigan USC/UCLA, Florida/Georgia

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@AndrewWamugi they'd be permanent cross rivals. The chance of getting that game twice adds huge value to the game.

Andrew Wamugi ‏@AndrewWamugi 3m3 minutes ago
@MH ver3 it will be interesting in a few years when 12/14 team Power 5 leagues look small compared to up north and SEC.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 now1 minute ago
@AndrewWamugi the breakaway will happen in the next 10 years or so. That's when CFB will change forever. Probably not for the better.

ME: Yeah, Colorado would love to be part of that mess again. Hahahahahaha! ROTFL :D

pj

Reaction Score
And then WVU was forced to join the ACC (if they are that lucky)...

And then years of tweets about how the SEC was unstable because Alabama, Florida, and Kentucky wanted into the ACC (so they could be with WVU).

Reaction Score
Mostly 'lsi M ‏@ki676love 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @JBTexasEx there's no money for a B12N. Fox and ESPN cutting costs. ESPN cutting production http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=15618293…

J.B. Texas-Ex ‏@JBTexasEx 2h2 hours ago
@ki676love @theDudeofWV Yep. Big12 ain't gonna expand or do anything until we see what the B1G's new TV contracts look like.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@JBTexasEx @ki676love The B1G's upcoming TV deal has absolutely nothing to do with the B12's issues.

Mostly 'lsi M ‏@ki676love 2h2 hours ago
@JBTexasEx @theDudeofWV expansion through selling more games is the only way they make more $.

@ki676love @JBTexasEx You misunderstand how conference networks generate money.

@ki676love @JBTexasEx Say the Big 12 expanded to 14 & had 15 games for the network. 15 x $4M is $60m. That's only $4.3m each.

@ki676love @JBTexasEx That is part of the revenue stream a conf network generates but it's the smallest portion.

@ki676love @JBTexasEx That's incorrect. LHN provides the way to have a network without startup costs & it would erase a yearly loss.

Reaction Score
There are some in the B12 that don't think Miami is worthy of an invite. I disagree. But the feeling is there.

Miami wouldn't accept an invite from the now dysfunctional B12 in a million years. The B12 is so dysfunctional now the schools are openly fighting in public with one another there. The notion then that Miami would accept an invite to such an unstable league if it even came about, is really fall down funny. Some of this twitter stuff thats posted on here has a total unreality to any future college football league realignment that might take place, imo

Reaction Score
Miami wouldn't accept an invite from the now dysfunctional B12 in a million years. The B12 is so dysfunctional now the schools are openly fighting in public with one another there. The notion then that Miami would accept an invite to such an unstable league if it even came about, is really fall down funny. Some of this twitter stuff thats posted on here has a total unreality to any future college football league realignment that might take place, imo

You are exactly right. That's why you know this is all bs. Texas is like the train wreck that no one in their right mind(other than g5 schools) anyone is going to affiliate with. The guy at oklahoma is basically telling them this in front of the world. That said, Miami has seen better days. Not sure what the mileage is, but definitely a good poke from the oil belt.

Reaction Score
Another thing, does anyone think a guy living on a broke down hill in west virginia who can't get out of his driveway when it snows has any insight or understanding of the media business which by the way is as f.......d up as it has ever been? Na bubba na. SSI

Reaction Score
Wow these Twitter Superstars are tripling down on crazy. Clearly the entire ACC is chomping at the bit to send their women's soccer teams to Ames and Waco. At least Miami won't have to worry because their 5 National Titles, decades of strong TV Ratings, and unmatched recruiting ground, don't pass Big 12 Muster. I mean they could never match what a school like West Virginia brings to the party. Sheep, moonshine, and cousin swapping.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom