Non-Key Tweets | Page 461 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
unknown2015122222 ‏@12dcvffffffff 31m31 minutes ago
@flugempire U said previous there was no clause for an ACC Network. The reason ESPN has to pay is because THERE IS a clause 7/1/16 deadline

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 27m27 minutes ago
@12dcvffffffff There was consideration given to the ACC when they signed the GOR. The creation of the ACCN was not tied to the GOR

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 26m26 minutes ago
@12dcvffffffff When did I ever mention "clause"? The ACC GOR is real...so is Big 12 GOR.

[URL='https://twitter.com/flugempire']Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 26m26 minutes ago
@12dcvffffffff There have been many spewing the ACC GOR was not valid without ACCN...but it's not true. Sorry to disappoint by using facts.

unknown2015122222 ‏@12dcvffffffff 22m22 minutes ago
@flugempire There IS a clause....7/1/2016. The clause demands ESPN pay out because there is no ACC Network by the deadline.

J ‏@UCONNfan14 10m10 minutes ago
@12dcvffffffff @flugempire yes but it doesn't say the GoR is void with no network it says it owes money... http://www.scacchoops.com/acc-due-45-million-if-espn-does-not-offer-the-conference-a-network-by-july-1st…

unknown2015122222 ‏@12dcvffffffff 21m21 minutes ago
@flugempire say no to the ESPN payout and you know what will happen even if you deny it.

unknown2015122222 ‏@12dcvffffffff 21m21 minutes ago
@flugempire and there will be no future ACC Network in the form of the Big Ten Network. Therefore, schools will weight their options

Brad Weiss ‏@UConnPittDad 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 UConn still in play? TV market no brainer.[/URL]

MH ver3 ‏@MHver3 2h2 hours ago
@UConnPittDad Uconn and UC are the two I keep hearing.

Jim Clayton ‏@UHJDC 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 @UConnPittDad Sorry, but TX and OK schools want nothing to do with winter travel to UCONN. Ver, your sources are no good outside WV.

BrewDog ‏@BrewDog44 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 Have you heard networks want UC, UCONN for brands and are insisting UCF, USF for markets/potential? Also add Memphis and UH if 16?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@BrewDog44 I've heard B12 wants BYU and Uconn for brand/market but Sunday play and ESPN blocking BYU

John Enright ‏@johnenright43 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 @BrewDog44 what is Sunday play?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
@johnenright43 @BrewDog44 BYU doesn't play any sports on Sunday. Not a big issue with football but it is with other sports.

John Enright ‏@johnenright43 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 @BrewDog44 are you a reporter? just curious.....

@BrewDog44 UCF/USF/Memphis will be considered as future targets if no ACC teams join.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
Giving AAC bowl slot vs P5 helping to negotiate early exit for expansion teams.

Chris Reid ‏@Creid85 3h3 hours ago
Chris Reid Retweeted MH ver3

The whole reason they're leaving is BECAUSE they don't have a bowl slot...this is dumb

@Creid85 the bowl wouldn't be a first tier bowl. And they would leave for $$

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Is there a credible news story citing the actual ACC contract language? The links on some of these tweets don't seem to go anywhere.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
I believe the ACC and the Big 12 will attempt to form a heavily digital based Conf Network...Subscription based much like WWE.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 59m59 minutes ago
It won't totally be digital platform Conf Network...but most it will become so...and BTN will continue to move in BTN2GO direction.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 58m58 minutes ago
Basically...Big 12 needs to expand exposure and increase branding of Conf to go from RC COLA to Coke in Cola Wars.
Big 12 needs to expand.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 56m56 minutes ago
Boren and Gee trying to save B12 by my increasing its leverage in 2025 by expanding now with new Eastern Content.
UC/UCONN.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 55m55 minutes ago
Metrics will show there is enough $...+...demand + large enough markets in Cincy/Dayton & CT + NYC to invest in increase future leverage.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 54m54 minutes ago
The future will be won by the bold.

Andrew Rediger ‏@AndrewRediger · 55m55 minutes ago
@flugempire do UConn/Cinci help with a OTT Network? Neither drive ratings so population of their states seems less important going fwd

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@AndrewRediger
The disposable income of CT & Cincy is an important check mark..in their favor.

Matt Necci ‏@MattNecci · 41m41 minutes ago
@flugempire @AndrewRediger people in Connecticut jumped at chances to buy similar bundles when YES, NESN, and SNY were launched. No-brainer

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 34m34 minutes ago
@MattNecci @AndrewRediger
Yep. And this history will be in the report.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Is there a credible news story citing the actual ACC contract language? The links on some of these tweets don't seem to go anywhere.
From tweet/article I posted above:

http://gridironnow.com/the-conference-tv-network-as-we-know-it-is-dead/#

What I've heard from sports TV executives, college athletics administrators, media accounts, my own research and intuition on the subject essentially was confirmed by ACC play-by-play man Wes Durham during a March 9 interview with Louisville Sports Live. http://louisvillesportslive.net/

"ESPN has a clause in their contract that if they do not offer a network by July 1 of 2016, they owe the ACC - reportedly I should say - a clause in the contract that requires ESPN to pay the ACC $45 million a year to be divided among its schools," Durham told Louisville Sports Live.

I try to follow these developments as closely as anyone in the media and I had not heard or read that anywhere previously.

Then I received this tweet from Tom Block of the Seminole IMG Sports Network:

Reaction Score
Movietime Blues ‏@Movietime_Blues · 2h2 hours ago
The conference TV network as we know it is dead - Gridiron Now http://gridironnow.com/the-conference-tv-network-as-we-know-it-is-dead/ … @flugempire @MHver3

MH3‏@MH3
@Movietime_Blues @flugempire except the author doesnt nite that B12N will be a rebranding of an existing network.

MH3‏@MH3
@Movietime_Blues @flugempire and I've always said B12N needs to be multi platform and the plan is just that.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 58m58 minutes ago
I believe the ACC and the Big 12 will attempt to form a heavily digital based Conf Network...Subscription based much like WWE.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 56m56 minutes ago
It won't totally be digital platform Conf Network...but most it will become so...and BTN will continue to move in BTN2GO direction.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 56m56 minutes ago
Basically...Big 12 needs to expand exposure and increase branding of Conf to go from RC COLA to Coke in Cola Wars. Big 12 needs to expand.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 53m53 minutes ago
Boren and Gee trying to save B12 by my increasing its leverage in 2025 by expanding now with new Eastern Content. UC/UCONN.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 52m52 minutes ago
Metrics will show there is enough $...+...demand + large enough markets in Cincy/Dayton & CT + NYC to invest in increase future leverage.

The future will be won by the bold.

Andrew Rediger ‏@AndrewRediger 55m55 minutes ago
@flugempire do UConn/Cinci help with a OTT Network? Neither drive ratings so population of their states seems less important going fwd

@AndrewRediger The disposable income of CT & Cincy is an important check mark..in their favor.

Matt Necci ‏@MattNecci 42m42 minutes ago
@flugempire @AndrewRediger people in Connecticut jumped at chances to buy similar bundles when YES, NESN, and SNY were launched. No-brainer

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 34m34 minutes ago
@MattNecci @AndrewRediger Yep. And this history will be in the report.

Movietime Blues ‏@Movietime_Blues 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV conference TV network as we know it is dead - Gridiron Now http://gridironnow.com/the-conference-tv-network-as-we-know-it-is-dead/

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@Movietime_Blues Seen that... don't agree wholeheartedly.

Jay ‏@uconn24_7 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @Movietime_Blues but this is what is all over the Internet 45 million split and acc GoR won't be void like you have said?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@uconn24_7 @Movietime_Blues What I said is that FSU might have an easy out.

@theDudeofWV @Movietime_Blues but wouldn't that be hard to prove in court if it was verbal and not recorded on a device?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@uconn24_7 @Movietime_Blues I've said ESPN will pass on ACCN. I've never said the ACC GoR would be void - that was others.

@theDudeofWV @Movietime_Blues I think the b12 and acc both don't get traditional networks I think it will end up with Internet subs

J ‏@UCONNfan14 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 here some help to stop dude of wvu... http://www.scacchoops.com/acc-due-45-million-if-espn-does-not-offer-the-conference-a-network-by-july-1st… ACC GoR real no voiding GoR extra$ by july 1st possible muli platform

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3m3 minutes ago
@UCONNfan14 the clause never stated an amount. And it will require a new GOR to be signed. The current one is real enough until July

J ‏@UCONNfan14 1m1 minute ago
@MH ver3 I don't think a new one would need to be signed as they have rights til 2025 or whenever. Only if the 3 networks need to do it!

Movietime Blues ‏@Movietime_Blues 2h2 hours ago
The conference TV network as we know it is dead - Gridiron Now http://gridironnow.com/the-conference-tv-network-as-we-know-it-is-dead/… @flugempire @MH ver3

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 6m6 minutes ago
@Movietime_Blues @flugempire except the author doesnt nite that B12N will be a rebranding of an existing network.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 6m6 minutes ago
@Movietime_Blues @flugempire and I've always said B12N needs to be multi platform and the plan is just that.

ME: Extra-strength moonshine being imbibed now. :D

Reaction Score

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV
2h2 hours ago
@GregGregoryKJ @letsgomtnrs WVU is one of the most valuable properties in the Big 12. Either 3rd or 4th. WVU will be P5.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
@Odharris1 The ACC power has shifted to FSU and Clemson. Both are very pro WVU.

Damn it, I had to read this while drinking. Just spit-up water on my desk laughing that WVU is the 3rd or 4th most valuable college in the XII. The Dude must had found a crazy batch of moonshine before typing that. More like WVU is in the bottom 3 or 4 in the XII in terms of value. yes, they have good football and their basketball team, like this year, does have good seasons from time-to-time; but, they are not AAU, can't claim any top 100 TV markets as there own and are not located in a talent rich state. The top 4 in the XII without question is Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and OK St. I would then have Iowa St and Texas Tech as the last two. WVU would be lumped together with K State, TCU and Baylor and would be sorted based on what specific metric is given more value.

And, by the way, even in the middle of the ACC power play a few years back between the football and tobacco road schools, the football schools backed Louisville joining, not West Virginia, which was also available.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 30m30 minutes ago
Dude of WV "I've said ESPN will pass on ACCN. I've never said the ACC GoR would be void - that was others." Absolute fraud. 100% Liar.

Henry Hill ‏@jgent15 32m32 minutes ago
@flugempire does the dude ever say anything that is true?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 25m25 minutes ago
@jgent15 He either can't remember what he has said in past...or thinks we all do...but in reality the guy makes it all up on the fly..

Henry Hill ‏@jgent15 26m26 minutes ago
@flugempire no idea why anyone would give credence to what he says

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 27m27 minutes ago
@jgent15 But worst he makes up what others have said in the past. Dude has told everyone ACC GOR is invalid if ACCN is not created.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@jgent15 Dude is nothing but a BS Artist....continual BS Artist.

Henry Hill ‏@jgent15 26m26 minutes ago
@flugempire as a UC fan I'm glad because I haven't liked his outlook on the LHN/Texas lately

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 25m25 minutes ago
@jgent15 Stick around long enough and Dude will change his outlook 10 times before May/June meetings.

Henry Hill ‏@jgent15 25m25 minutes ago
@flugempire rollercoasters make me sick

Reaction Score
And, by the way, even in the middle of the ACC power play a few years back between the football and tobacco road schools, the football schools backed Louisville joining, not West Virginia, which was also available.

West Virginia had already gone to the Big 12 at that point.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Right. WVU was rebuffed right after Cuse and Pitt jumped. They saw the writing on the Big East wall and tried to get out ASAP.

pj

Reaction Score
Sounds like Flug has jumped on an idea I've written many times -- neither ACC nor B12 has the juice for a network on their own, but together they do. They should team up, both contribute content, and share revenue.

pj

Reaction Score
I don't get that statistic. Since teams with zero likes get an engagement score of infinity, shouldn't BC be at the top?

(PS - joking, I think they just mis-stated the statistic, and Engagement is Total Page Likes divided by Post Interactions.)

Reaction Score
I think total page likes grows slowly while post interactions represent the actual activity over the course of say a week. So by engaged, it means a lot of activity compared to the number of likes, or followers. I think.
Regarding BC, I'm sure it has at least a couple dozen likes, but probably close to 0 engagement.

Reaction Score
I don't get that statistic. Since teams with zero likes get an engagement score of infinity, shouldn't BC be at the top?

(PS - joking, I think they just mis-stated the statistic, and Engagement is Total Page Likes divided by Post Interactions.)

No, it's gauging the number of interactions that users who already like the page are having with the content of the page. So if UConn's fan page has 20,000 likes (I have no idea what the real number is), an engagement rate of 50% would be 10,000 engagements (people liking or sharing individual posts).

Reaction Score
No, it's gauging the number of interactions that users who already like the page are having with the content of the page. So if UConn's fan page has 20,000 likes (I have no idea what the real number is), an engagement rate of 50% would be 10,000 engagements (people liking or sharing individual posts).

I know I do my part. I like every gd video of that dog that they post.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Damn it, I had to read this while drinking. Just spit-up water on my desk laughing that WVU is the 3rd or 4th most valuable college in the XII. The Dude must had found a crazy batch of moonshine before typing that. More like WVU is in the bottom 3 or 4 in the XII in terms of value. yes, they have good football and their basketball team, like this year, does have good seasons from time-to-time; but, they are not AAU, can't claim any top 100 TV markets as there own and are not located in a talent rich state. The top 4 in the XII without question is Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and OK St. I would then have Iowa St and Texas Tech as the last two. WVU would be lumped together with K State, TCU and Baylor and would be sorted based on what specific metric is given more value.

I disagree with you on WVU. They are clearly lightyears behind Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas. I'd put them behind Oklahoma State but well ahead of almost everyone else.

Reaction Score
Well Flug's guy Rubio got KOed tonight so here's hoping for more CR stuff from him going forward

Reaction Score
Some misinformation going around regarding ACC and B12 revenues...again.

First of all even if ACC gets the $3mil more per team that will not put them ahead of B12 schools TV revenues.

ACC may distribute more $$ for TV contracts only. But theirs is all 3 tiers.

B12 only distributed tier 1 and 2 revenue. Tier 3 is independently owned by each member.

So while ACC will be giving schools about $23.5 m apiece compared to B12 $23.3 it's still apples to oranges.

Lowest B12 school tier3 yearly payments are $4.7 million.

UT gets $15m

Conference avg for T3 with UT taken out is $7.2 million.

With UT the avg is $8m

mikelong ‏@yungboy00 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 not yet, but run with it.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@yungboy00 ok fine it will be $15m

@MH ver3 IMG takes no cut?

@yungboy00 I'm talking strictly TV. Radio is different. ACC schools have control of their radio as well.

@MH ver3 3rd parties take substantial cut from most all of the third deal you're describing. Apples to apples, right?

@MH ver3 so you're saying no entity gets cut from LHN besides UT? You're an expert, right?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
@yungboy00 no I think img gets a little more than $2mil per year

mikelong ‏@yungboy00 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 seems relevant. I assume you've researched this. What about other tier 3 deals?

That's why a B12N will work jjust like SECN and BTN.

Reaction Score
So Boren says B12 (earning $23.3MM/yr) will "soon" be behind the B1G by $20MM/yr. ESPN is moving quickly to bring the ACC up to $23.5MM/yr, to solidify its GOR and keep those schools in its stable.

If B12 at $23.3MM/yr will be $20MM/yr behind B1G, that means ACC, at $23.5MM/yr will also be $20MM/yr behind B1G.

If that extra $3MM/yr from ESPN requires ACC schools to resign/extend the GOR, I can't see how schools like FSU and Clemson (and even Miami, Virginia, and Virginia Tech) can afford to agree to that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom