Non-Key Tweets | Page 462 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
This is similar to the same deal ESPN gave the Big East. It was good, but below everyone else and then "conference" rejected the proposal and we all know what happened next...
ACC should be careful not to have anyone from Pitt leading the negotiating committee on any ESPN TV deals. That generally works out well for Pitt, but not the rest of the league

Reaction Score
ACC should be careful not to have anyone from Pitt leading the negotiating committee on any ESPN TV deals. That generally works out well for Pitt, but not the rest of the league
Same with ND....

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Didn't we then take the lead for the Big East/AAC after ND left? Rule #1.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV Mar 15
@uconn24_7 @Movietime_Blues What I said is that FSU might have an easy out.

Seanbo Sengo ‏@SeanboSengo 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @uconn24_7 @Movietime_Blues so you are saying the ACC GOR would only be void for FSU?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
@SeanboSengo @uconn24_7 @Movietime_Blues Not saying that at all. I said FSU might have a valid court challenge.

Gregory D. M. K. ‏@GregGregoryKJ 15h15 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @letsgomtnrs I trust your opinion, but the SEC and ACC already passed on us once before. Also, it may be a P4 by that time.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@GregGregoryKJ @letsgomtnrs I'm not worried about WVU's future. Not at all.

Tim Legg ‏@MisterLegg 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @GregGregoryKJ @letsgomtnrs My fear is that by the time the Backyard Brawl comes back in 2022, it will be a conference game.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
More coming out about Texas. It doesn't thrill me to say that Big12 expansion is very likely dead.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
Personally I feel very, very bad that I didn't see this coming. I'm very, very sorry.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 22h22 hours ago
Just who is calling the shots at UT. It's not Perrin. Is it Fenves or someone else?

SethMerenbloom ‏@SethMerenbloom 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Is there a connection between this and Perrin stepping down sooner rather than later?

@SethMerenbloom Maybe... Find the @kbohls item today. Confirmation of what I've been saying the past few days.

Dun Woody ‏@dun1870gc 52m52 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @SethMerenbloom This is the very definition of a Pyrrhic victory. Congrats on being 1st to break news, but at a terrible cost

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 48m48 minutes ago
@dun1870gc @SethMerenbloom You think I'm happy about it?

Dun Woody ‏@dun1870gc 40m40 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @SethMerenbloom I think Boren forced Big 12's hand for the better. ESPN should be sending some very pointed emails to UT Pres

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 23m23 minutes ago
@dun1870gc @SethMerenbloom Texas cares not for anything ESPN does or says except for the check they get for $15M each & every year.

Dun Woody ‏@dun1870gc 37m37 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @SethMerenbloom As for WVU and its fans: You won the Big12 Golden Willy Wonka ticket and proved you deserved it. Congrats!

Dun Woody ‏@dun1870gc 41m41 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @SethMerenbloom The 11 non UT Pres & AD's have now seen the possible $, it's not over for BYU & other dreamers

Dun Woody ‏@dun1870gc 46m46 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @SethMerenbloom Absolutely not but well done in your part. As a BYU fan ... I always feel I'm marooned on Island of Misfit Toys

Dun Woody ‏@dun1870gc 45m45 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @SethMerenbloom Getting off my BYU cry in my root beer emotions: Big 12 must pursue your/Boren's path to ensure conf longevity

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 44m44 minutes ago
@dun1870gc @SethMerenbloom Boren went about it the wrong way - or maybe the right way...

Dun Woody ‏@dun1870gc 33m33 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @SethMerenbloom FWIW BYU currently ranked National #1 Mens Volleyball, #1 Rugby, 16-1 Baseball, Women in NCAA BBall tournament

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 50m50 minutes ago
@dun1870gc @SethMerenbloom I have no concerns for WVU but I love the Big 12. I like our conference mates & love the conference.

unknown2015122222 ‏@12dcvffffffff 26m26 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @dun1870gc @SethMerenbloom West Virginia will be fine. They will find a new home if the Big 12 implodes.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 25m25 minutes ago
@12dcvffffffff @dun1870gc @SethMerenbloom I know they will. I've known that for some time. I love the Big 12. I really do.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 46m46 minutes ago
I've been so upset I ate all the muffins in the break room.

Mitch Green ‏@MitchWGreen 30m30 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV carb attack! one ride and you're OK

@MitchWGreen Know I took a pepperoni roll. Big 12 angst.

Honestly. I do love the Big 12. Best fans & most exciting football & basketball there is on the planet.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 22m22 minutes ago
Big 12 football is a heart attack. It's 3rd string QBs winning bowl games & offensive explosions.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 21m21 minutes ago
I still hope Texas changes its mind. As long as they get the $15M check why should they care?

If I was the Big 12 I would just license the LHN from ESPN.... You can sublicense rights.

Be yoU ‏@brandyisme 24m24 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV incredible end to a season of disappointments.

@brandyisme Logically its in Texas's best interests to allow LHN to be converted. So once they calm down & reassert power it should be ok.

Be yoU ‏@brandyisme 21m21 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV but their ego will not take a hit. If they can put Boren back in his box it'll likely blow over.

Be yoU ‏@brandyisme 21m21 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV UT wants to do what's best for them. They will float things around and figure out their best bet $$ wise in the long run.

J. Michael Young ‏@JMichaelYoung1 24m24 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Easy. Because we love the LHN.

@JMichaelYoung1 That's not true. I've watched LHN. It sucks. Bevo pooping is not must watch TV.

J. Michael Young ‏@JMichaelYoung1 20m20 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV You aren't a Texas fan. For the first time ever, I can see a bunch of UT baseball games on TV.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 8m8 minutes ago
@JMichaelYoung1 I was a UT fan before I was a Mountaineer fan... most don't know that... I go what back with Texas and UT...

@JMichaelYoung1 ESPN gets $0.01 outside of Texas.

@JMichaelYoung1 I'm sure Texas is proud of LHN. Just getting one over ESPN is reason to be proud, but $ is $.

@JMichaelYoung1 And LHN has a lifespan only 4 years longer than the Big 12.

Mitch Green ‏@MitchWGreen 17m17 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Can't help but think this is why Nebraska left? UT only thinks of UT and, seemingly, purposely to the detriment of anyone else

@MitchWGreen When Neb. left the Big 12 didn't have equal revenue sharing.

Justin A. McNabb ‏@Juddrock 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire The dude is reporting that expansion is dead. He says more to come from Texas?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@Juddrock If B12 Expansion is dead..then B12 is walking dead waiting on internal implosion. Still have reasons to believe UC/UCONN picked

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago
B12 Pro Rata Deal with TV partners + Metrics on expanded footprint(UC/UCONN) will show pathway for B12 survival.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
No one in B12 can leave on their own...not even a couple can leave together (B12 GOR) Must be implosion of 5 or greater. ...with....

...if an implosion of 5 or 6...other 4/5 staying in B12 must be assured P5 status and league while B12 is back filled.

I know I'm going to get angry tweets sent my way...but implosion in B12 only way Texas can leave....yes, even Texas. B12 GOR is real.

If 4 B12 schools go to PAC...and 2 others go to B1G for example..yes, implosion can occur. But 1 or 2 schools challenging GOR not happening

But we have heard OU is optimistic Metrics will show expanded footprint in markets with $ will show pathway to success in digital B12N

NEB will become fully invested in B10 in 2017...with ownership slice of BTN. Looking at B12....well.. NEB should build 2nd Osborne Statue.

unknown2015122222 ‏@12dcvffffffff 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @flugempire no expansion this summer according to the article that came out today. Your info on Texas was right. They said no.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@12dcvffffffff @theDudeofWV Texas did not say no according to the article. Data will come back early Summer..decision will be later Summer

unknown2015122222 ‏@12dcvffffffff 35m35 minutes ago
@flugempire No expansion. Read between the lines of the article. Not going to waste time arguing.

ME: Somebody give the Dood a box of tissues. :D :p

Reaction Score
I disagree with you on WVU. They are clearly lightyears behind Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas. I'd put them behind Oklahoma State but well ahead of almost everyone else.

I think were actually on the same page: 1) Texas, 2) Oklahoma, 3) Kansas, 4) OK St, 6-8) Baylow/TCU/WVU, 9) Iowa St, 10) Texas Tech. 6 through 8 can be sorted based on what is valued the most, say if its football, then its WVU or Baylor, if its TV sets, then TCU for being in DFW, etc.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 41m41 minutes ago
http://www.mystatesman.com/news/sports/bohls-big-12-action-could-be-delayed-perrin-era-co/nqmC5/
Everybody needs to chill out...
This article only states B12 won't make quick decision after receiving data.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 38m38 minutes ago
http://www.mystatesman.com/news/sports/bohls-big-12-action-could-be-delayed-perrin-era-co/nqmC5/
There is not one Bowlsby statement in this piece that is noteworthy
1st: Data
2nd: Negotiations with B12N creation

Mike Thomas ‏@MikeT198 · 38m38 minutes ago
@flugempire if they aren't making a quick decision how are you so sure of UConn/UC? Kind of contradictory.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@MikeT198
OU Contacts believe UC/UCONN metrics will show just fine among others..but what's important is UC/UCONN combo has most traction.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 33m33 minutes ago
@MikeT198
But decisions won't be made at the moment data is revealed.
It doesn't work that way...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 34m34 minutes ago
@MikeT198
OU contacts are convince when option 2 (die) is delivered to all B12 Presidents that Exp/CCG/B12N tipping point will occur...

Christopher Lambert ‏@WVMule · 16m16 minutes ago
@flugempire @MikeT198 You can't say UC/UCONN is lock then say the Big 12 will wait for the data. UT's reluctance isn't about data.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@WVMule @MikeT198
It looks like Chris has come out of its hole.
The data is not for Texas...its for Kansas State..Iowa St...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6m6 minutes ago
@WVMule @MikeT198
Some Schools need to see with data by outsiders that without B12 expansion their Conf dies at the latest in 2025.
Dead

@WVMule @MikeT198
Data will show (according to OU contacts) that B12 expansion in markets willing to pay for B12N digital subscription..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5m5 minutes ago
@WVMule @MikeT198
...will show pathway to survival...
UC/UCONN have the support among those now willing to bite expansion bullet.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3m3 minutes ago
@WVMule @MikeT198
Expansion is not secondary importance..its viability of 2 new markets (data) will fuel next step..which is LHN into B12N

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2m2 minutes ago
@WVMule @MikeT198
Chris, WVU needs this to happen. There are no other doors opening up for WVU.
Thank God Gee knows this..
But you don't

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5m5 minutes ago
@HoustonCoogMan
No P5 school is coming to B12.
But dude and mh3 keep dreaming it..I can't help either.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
@MH ver3 15m15 minutes ago
Quick points about B12 delaying decision until late summer(I am very busy today so I hope to go more in depth later)

The real reason is not great news for UC fans

Everything they are saying to the media about a delay is crap

They believe they have a legit shot at FSU/Clemson/Miami and want to wait until ACC/ESPN hammer out new GOR.

Those three with Uconn could see an addition of 4 teams and make the B12N an instant success

My B12 source texted me about 15 minutes ago and I hope to speak with him tonight and will maybe have more

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 56m56 minutes ago
I'm going to turn off the protect my tweets feature for one tweet... the next one... please spread the news.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 55m55 minutes ago
A very reliable source tells me that that the Big 12 would be far better off without David Boren in charge at Oklahoma. 1/2

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 54m54 minutes ago
UT has been less than thrilled with Boren's heavy-handed attempts to guide the conference. 2/2

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 34m34 minutes ago
Please be careful who you listen to about the Big 12.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 32m32 minutes ago
I know that fans of UCONN, Cincy, BYU and the others want to hear good news. But please be careful.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 32m32 minutes ago
Good news is still possible. But there never has been any locks on who gets added because the network was an issue that could kill it.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 28m28 minutes ago
@capearson34 I think Texas wants Boren to genuflect and kiss the hoof of Bevo and ask nicely.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 25m25 minutes ago
UC, UCONN, BYU, USF, UCF, Memphis & UH fans... believe nothing anyone tells you about expansion until the network issue is resolved.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 24m24 minutes ago
The only true thing about B12 expansion is this: No network means no expansion.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 15m15 minutes ago
But one thing is certain. Texas doesn't want Boren to be able to say he made UT give up the LHN. That's why the May deadline comes & goes.

Reaction Score
I question what mhv is smoking. Fsu, Clemson, Miami to b12 would be great for Cincy and Uconn. Acc would have to replace schools and they might end up with those they are actually close to. I think these guys do not even see the stories right in front of them anymore.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 13m13 minutes ago
UT's reluctance on B12N has absolutely nothing to do with who gets added. Think about it.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 12m12 minutes ago
If the Big 12 was to have any legitimate shot at FSU then they need to accelerate the network rather than delay it.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 10m10 minutes ago
The network was always the event that made expansion feasible. The idea that the network would be delayed to wait on FSU is idiotic.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 9m9 minutes ago
I can't stress that enough. It's idiotic, foolish & dumb to think the delay is FSU related.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 8m8 minutes ago
The absolute best case is that UT is showing OU is boss.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 7m7 minutes ago
So forget the very notion of expansion until the network is a go.

Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste 6m6 minutes agoIrmo, SC
@theDudeofWV Spot on Chris, there is zero reason to expand unless the BIG12N is a go. No reason to split the current PIE more ways

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 51s52 seconds ago
@Mountaineer_Ste more importantly - the network issue needed to be resolved before expansion was even on the table.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV now1 minute ago
People who claim to have insight after the news breaks but have no clue the news is breaking don't have real sources.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
[I believe that once Boren's fake deadline comes and goes that UT will be far more receptive.]

David Pennock ‏@shepherdstown1 31m31 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Some are saying the delay is due to a chance to get the ACC connection in Fla and SC.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 25m25 minutes ago
@shepherdstown1 Who? Because whoever hasn't a clue.

David Pennock ‏@shepherdstown1 2m2 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV mhver. Due to waiting out ACC/ESPN working out GOR issues.

Steve Lambert ‏@ssteve520 4m4 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV could it be that the data coming in from b12 research teams isn't good enough to for texas?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 31s32 seconds ago
@shepherdstown1 That's 100% false.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 33s34 seconds ago
@ssteve520 It's not back yet.

Dan Gygax ‏@GygaxIsGod 3m3 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV I thought the LHN contract included a B12N clause??? That the LHN would become part of a B12N.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2m2 minutes ago
@GygaxIsGod No. That was never true.

Dude tweets: "A very reliable source tells me that that the Big 12 would be far better off without David Boren in charge at Oklahoma."

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/710204724696338434… Boren is trying to save WVU's & B12 a**..and this is what Dude of WV tweets today. Biting the hand that feeds you.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire old rule was 8 members had to agree to disband. I don't think they changed that when the B12 lost 4 members

@NebGradDubDub True..but there is strong belief if implosion consist of only 5 the remains could be brought along in current backfilled B12

@NebGradDubDub ...as long as there is assurances of old TV deal remains and P5 status remains. But if not..yes, 8 would need to go.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted

https://mobile.twitter.com/theDudeofWV/status/710197950920712192… Well...took him a few minutes...but he did successfully cover all bases with "opinions" & "sources". All angles.

I don't know why it's so difficult for many in B12 Country outside of Texas to say thank you to Boren for trying to save their Conf/Value?

It seems that many like "dude of wv" feel a need sooner or later to grovel at the feet of the Longhorns. They all do this?..why? Cultural?

Boren took the leadership in trying to reform the B12....took the arrows...Dude called him senile. Now they need to blast Boren again?

Oklahoma Sooner Faithful needed no reminders why they need to bolt in 2025...but they just received another one. Texas Timetable? BS.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
The real reason is not great news for UC fans

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 what about UConn?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@gampel_2_msg Uconn market and basketball popularity in that market are crucial to B12N

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 I hope you're right!

C Kel ‏@cjkrvc 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 @gampel_2_msg why don't they just take UCOnn right now?

giphy.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@WVMule @MikeT198

Data will show (according to OU contacts) that B12 expansion in markets willing to pay for B12N digital subscription..

This is a new position. A little hedging by the Flug?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It all comes down to whether Texas is really concerned about Oklahoma fleeing to another conference.

Reaction Score
It all comes down to whether Texas is really concerned about Oklahoma fleeing to another conference.
I am fairly certain that Texas has the ego to think it can survive on its own.

Reaction Score
This is the last I'm going go say about this issue. But every fan of BYU & every G5 program should know something about @mhver3 & Flugempire

@mhver3 & @flugempire are catfishing you. They know absolutely nothing about the Big 12, ACC or B1G.

I know both are telling you what you want to hear. Both are lying.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 20m20 minutes ago
Please be very skeptical make them explain why & hold them accountable.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 19m19 minutes ago
Both are willingly & knowingly lying to you. It's not an honest mistake. It's deceit.

Matt Nissen ‏@kmnissen 25m25 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV hopefully cooler heads will prevail. I love the big 12. And eventually add teams when right for conference to strengthen it

@kmnissen Me too. I'm certain Texas is just laying down the law.

Zach Hedges ‏@zthedges 18m18 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @kmnissen This is basically what Flugar is saying. Metrics/data will prove network/expansion is in everyone's best interest.

@zthedges @kmnissen He was/is wrong about UC & UCONN being the B12 will add.

Zach Hedges ‏@zthedges 9m9 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @kmnissen In the sense that it hadn't been decided yet?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 52s52 seconds ago
@zthedges @kmnissen So the BHV report isn't going to sway Texas.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4m4 minutes ago
@zthedges @kmnissen Flugar is on record as saying the Big 12 has picked UC & UCONN. 100% false.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 12m12 minutes ago
@zthedges @kmnissen And he claims Texas will rethink its decision to resist both the network & expansion.

Christopher W Cooper ‏@wvlawgeek 2h2 hours ago
Christopher W Cooper Retweeted Christopher Lambert

I have found that to be true in my experience. I use to attempt to bring the news but have relinquished that job!

@wvlawgeek What bothers me is they get off on lying to good people. I don't understand it.

@zthedges @kmnissen No he is not. He was certain the Big 12 had decided on additions already.

Zach Hedges ‏@zthedges 18m18 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @kmnissen Yes, but he insists not P5 additions.

@zthedges @kmnissen He knows nothing about the Big 12. He's just blabbering.

@zthedges @kmnissen We even know the five G5 schools being considered.

@zthedges @kmnissen We already know a B12N would be profitable. We know it would get distribution.

@zthedges @kmnissen So after the Dodd article comes out Flugar is certain the B12 is waiting on data that will prove exp feasible?

@zthedges @kmnissen BS. Texas was always guaranteed their $15M a year. This isn't about the data.

@zthedges @kmnissen He's wrong about why UT is resisting. He has been wrong about everything.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 17m17 minutes ago
@zthedges @kmnissen And he claims Texas will rethink its decision to resist both the network & expansion.

Zach Hedges ‏@zthedges 16m16 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @kmnissen Isn't that what you're saying? Most likely just asserting power?

@zthedges @kmnissen Asserting power has absolutely nothing to do with the BHV report.

@zthedges @kmnissen This is 100% about UT power games. The question is does Boren give in & capitulate.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6m6 minutes ago
@zthedges @kmnissen Texas doesn't care about the BHV report or the metrics. Texas gets the same $ from LHN or B12N.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5m5 minutes ago
@zthedges @kmnissen So the BHV report isn't going to sway Texas.

Matt Nissen ‏@kmnissen 3m3 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Oklahoma needs Texas as Texas needs them in conference nothing more than power trip

@kmnissen I hope.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 5h5 hours ago
They believe they have a legit shot at FSU/Clemson/Miami and want to wait until ACC/ESPN hammer out new GOR.

Michael ‏@micjame 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 If they wait until ACC/ESPN hammer out a new GOR, wouldn't that be too late? FSU/Miami/Clem would be locked into new GOR

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1m1 minute ago
@micjame I was in a hurry earlier and that is a little unclear. I meant they want to see what happens there.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 57s58 seconds ago
@micjame thinking another conference may cause mass ACC defections and they will reap as well

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5m5 minutes ago
I do this. I'll do a podcast with both @flugempire & @mh ver3. Let's see how well they can answer my questions.

Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste 6m6 minutes agoIrmo, SC
@theDudeofWV @flugempire @MH ver3 This would be a great podcast, could bring in millions of listeners. Looking forward to it

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1m1 minute ago
@Mountaineer_Ste @flugempire @MH ver3 You mean tens of listeners right?

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 7m7 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @flugempire @MH ver3 three enter the gauntlet, who knows how many come out...

King, Jeff ‏@JeffLurking 3m3 minutes ago
@gampel_2_msg @theDudeofWV @flugempire @MH ver3 Let me host it. Seriously... I'm good at moderating. I'll get it going right.

King, Jeff ‏@JeffLurking 3m3 minutes ago
@gampel_2_msg @theDudeofWV @flugempire @MH ver3 can't share my example publicly because 1 participant became NFL agent and can't have it air

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV now2 minutes ago
@JeffLurking @gampel_2_msg @flugempire @MH ver3 Sure. You make it happen. I'll come with both guns of truth loaded.

@JeffLurking @gampel_2_msg @flugempire @MH ver3 You know neither will agree right? But invite them. Let's get this settled.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5m5 minutes ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/699239997027672064… Read Chris... No one has been picked officially...but OU perception it will be UCONN/UC. Read..comprehend.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3m3 minutes ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/699239997027672064… Feb 15th. Optimistic on Expansion in OU. B12 needs it to happen. Perception it's UCONN/UC. We stand by this...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 49s50 seconds ago
So no...we have not said UC/UCONN is an official deal..but we are saying it's going to happen. If not...flame away.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 6m6 minutes ago
@flugempire IMO if 2 of KU, OU or UT left, the B12 would either implode or become the new AAC/MWC. Honestly, B12 expansion does that anyway.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 2m2 minutes ago
@flugempire I agree with that scenario provided a GOR is NOT extended past the current deal. OU/KU/UT are not wise to agree to such terms

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 28s29 seconds ago
@NebGradDubDub If B12don't expand and try to grow digital network they will limp into next TV media negotiations...limp. Expand or die

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire now1 minute ago
@NebGradDubDub Yeah...I don't believe OU would extend GOR past current deal either. Will see soon enough

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 4m4 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @JeffLurking @flugempire @MH ver3 if i may interject for moment - is it just possible that different sources give different info

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 3m3 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @JeffLurking @flugempire @MH ver3 thereby not calling for character accusations but more the contacts in question

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 3m3 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @JeffLurking @flugempire @MH ver3 or more specifically reflecting the perceptions of different parties e.g. WVU, UT, OU, B10?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire now2 minutes ago
@gampel_2_msg @theDudeofWV @JeffLurking @MH ver3 You are correct...I talk certain perceptions from a certain source.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV now6 seconds ago
@gampel_2_msg @JeffLurking @flugempire @MH ver3 No. It's not.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV now54 seconds ago
@gampel_2_msg @JeffLurking @flugempire @MH ver3 Both have a long history of pandering. Of going with the known & pretending insider info.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3m3 minutes ago
@JeffLurking @gampel_2_msg @flugempire @MH ver3 I want accountability. That's all. I don't care if anyone listens.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 5h5 hours ago

Michael ‏@micjame · 4h4 hours ago
@MH3 If they wait until ACC/ESPN hammer out a new GOR, wouldn't that be too late? FSU/Miami/Clem would be locked into new GOR

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 32m32 minutes ago
@micjame thinking another conference may cause mass ACC defections and they will reap as well

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg · 24m24 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @JeffLurking @flugempire @MH3 if i may interject for moment - is it just possible that different sources give different info

MH3‏@MH3
@JeffLurking @gampel_2_msg please stop tagging me in posts associated with that psycho. Not Fluge-He's cool.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There are 50 tweets this afternoon of ACC Apocalypse. It is impossible to believe anything they tweet.

GG

Reaction Score
Not a tweet, but found this on a WVM Scout board http://www.scout.com/college/west-v...14636168-bohls-big-12-action-could-be-delayed

Mesaclone

Re: Bohls: Big 12 action could be delayed
Yesterday at 6:55 PMLast edited Yesterday at 6:56 PMby Mesaclone
As always, the truth here is somewhere in between Buck and Winchester.

1. It is true that early info on the G5 teams being looked at is underwhelming outside of Uconn (surprisingly)

2. It is also true that UT is slow walking things a bit on LHN transition, but this is fairly normal negotiating process involving new leadership and a complex plan for shifting to a conference network. UT is sure to gain a few more concessions by going slow, but ultimately the LHN is almost certain to morph into a Big 12 network with some aspects of the LHN being retained (for example, for viewers within the state of Texas it may still appear as the LHN in partnership with the Big 12). Yes, its complicated.

3. There is some "positive" communication with certain schools in the ACC...more than just 2 schools FYI.

4. Yes, there is a sense that it is wise to see what the B1G does with its new contract, and to see if it will make any moves towards ACC teams.

5. OU is playing good cop right now in a lot of ways, and the northern schools are quietly supportive...OU is NOT going to walk away from the conference, and IS willing to be patient in seeing what the B1G will do vis-a-vis the ACC. This does not mean OU has unlimited patience, but Boren is not unappreciative of the potential for adding ACC teams if possible...what he will not be flexible on is the morphing of the LHN into a league network. That must and will happen from the OU perspective.

6. Things will be clearer by the end of the summer, but that does not mean any action will have taken place as regards choosing who to expand with...in fact, no action may indicate that ACC teams of interest have become VERY interested. If it becomes clear no ACC teams are coming, the league WILL move forward with at least two G5's...probably UCONN and Cinci but studies are still incomplete on which teams bring the most to the table.

7. If G5's are added, they will not be getting equal shares for an extended period...perhaps as long as 10 years.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Is there anyone out there, either reporters or insiders at ACC or Big 10 schools, pushing the ACC Apocalypse stories, or are they coming entirely from West Virginia "insiders"? That story is 10x bigger and effects a lot more schools than the Big12 adding UConn, so if there was a shred of truth to it, someone else would be running with it.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
What I don't get is people trying to make the case that the B12 would approach ACC teams before UConn just because they are ACC teams. There is not a chance in hell that Wake Forest, for instance, is going to get the opportunity to turn down the B12 before the B12 talks to UConn. No chance.

Reaction Score
What I don't get is people trying to make the case that the B12 would approach ACC teams before UConn just because they are ACC teams. There is not a chance in hell that Wake Forest, for instance, is going to get the opportunity to turn down the B12 before the B12 talks to UConn. No chance.

No, those people talking about "ACC teams" have this fantasy that Florida State can get out of the ACC grant of rights (and soon) if there is no ACC Network by 7/1/16.

Of course, there is no evidence at all that the GOR is tied to a network or that FSU, Clemson, Georgia Tech and/or Miami (the WVU guys hoped for schools) have any interest or ability at all to jump to the Big 12.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom