Non-Key Tweets | Page 458 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda · 2h2 hours ago
1. Interesting piece of realignment info from my guy in Austin. TV Networks want 4 teams added, and they are insisting on both USF and UCF.

2. TV networks want 14 teams for larger volume of inventory. Want both Florida schools due to expected population growth in Florida.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1. Interesting piece of realignment info from my guy in Austin. TV Networks want 4 teams added, and they are insisting on both USF and UCF.

2. TV networks want 14 teams for larger volume of inventory. Want both Florida schools due to expected population growth in Florida.
upload_2016-3-11_15-14-52.png

"What's that you say? Both Florida directional schools? Population growth you say?
Oh, I gotta tweet this."

Reaction Score

In another thread, it was recently noted that ESPN could cancel AAC contract if any of 4-schools (UConn, CINCY, Temple or HOU) were to leave. None are FLA schools. Contradiction? Difference of opinion?

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV now13 seconds ago
@a_ratfink I've said only 2 schools would be interested in leaving the ACC. FSU & NCST. But if FSU leaves then the ACC has big trouble.

Ratfink ‏@a_ratfink 1m1 minute ago
@theDudeofWV Not if Notre Dame joins in football. They are the key and I don't think they will let it fail.

Absolutely agree. ND has a great reputation for being selfless and would never pursue its own interests and leave the smoldering remnants of its former conference without so much as a glance over its shoulder!

[Poor, deluded child]

I agree that he is deluded. I obviously don't think that ND is going to join the ACC for football.

However, I don't know of any "selfless" school in CR and don't know of any that would fail to "pursue its own interests".

UConn will soon be in a P5 conference and I doubt it will "glance over its shoulder" at its former AAC conference mates.

CL82

Reaction Score
I agree that he is deluded. I obviously don't think that ND is going to join the ACC for football.

However, I don't know of any "selfless" school in CR and don't know of any that would fail to "pursue its own interests".

UConn will soon be in a P5 conference and I doubt it will "glance over its shoulder" at its former AAC conference mates.
What took you so long? You're slipping.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · Mar 8
I shall return!

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 40m40 minutes ago
Have to share this(it's not about the conference up north) Boren is telling other presidents he will retire after expansion and B12N launch

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 39m39 minutes ago
I can't understand why a university prez is so concerned with his legacy in regards to athletics.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 39m39 minutes ago
And yes, as long as I don't mention those guys up north I am good to share again while that is being hammered out.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 36m36 minutes ago
Interesting fact: before AAC was formed, Ucon's tier 3 rights were valued at $10 million because of their vast TV reach into northeast

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

Absolutely. Any school that wouldn't is only hurting themselves.

Reaction Score
I have a theory/question. Is it possible that the Big 12 is looking to get a network wihtout using any schools from any P-5 conference. My thoughts on this is that if the Big 12 say raided the ACC and got Clemson or FSU to come and then got their Big 12 network, would the ACC sue and sue for a heck of a lot more money because the ACC does not have a network and is now likely not going to get a network - and they can lay blame this lack of a network squarely on those schools that left. So if the Big 12 gets a network without any P-5 schools being invited, then in the future when those schools are invited they would not have nearly the pay-out and would it not give those schools probable cause to sue their P-5 conference for holding them back from going to a conference that has a media network deal? Just a thought - and maybe one best explained by our conspiracy kitty!

Reaction Score
If Big 12 is expanding in the near future, it will be with G5 programs. The fantasy talk about adding P5 programs is just that....Boren has acknowledged that fact.

There are only a handful of G5 programs that will make the consideration....and the data is being compiled.

Boren did a pretty good job of laying out what was important to them in an expansion acquisition...fan base, size of program, academics, what is brought to the table for a network, and, "to a certain extent", geography.

And they are probably some of the parameters that the consultants are metering. And the best fits will be voted.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda‏@TuxedoYoda
@BrewDog44 @MattB4VT UCONN will be announced as a Big 12 member before summer ends

Did Yoda go away on a jail bid and just get out? Haven't seen his stuff around much.

CL82

Reaction Score

Agree Terry, and bite me you stupid Domer.

(Not that I'm still a little bitter about the break up of the Big East. I'm loving it here in G5 purgatory.):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Nice find and on the NCAA website. How the heck did that happen?

I thought to myself "where's a good place to find articles on UConn basketball?" I started at ESPN, but the articles there were meh. That led me to promhub. After 30 minutes of research there, I went to CBS Sports. That led me back to promhub, but very few of the videos there actually related to UConn.

Eventually (hands cramping up) I made my way to the NCAA site, where I found that article, posted it here and collapsed from exhaustion.

I'm not saying that it was as tiring as playing a 4OT game, but I'm not saying it wasn't either.

Reaction Score
I thought to myself "where's a good place to find articles on UConn basketball?" I started at ESPN, but the articles there were meh. That led me to promhub. After 30 minutes of research there, I went to CBS Sports. That led me back to promhub, but very few of the videos there actually related to UConn.

Eventually (hands cramping up) I made my way to the NCAA site, where I found that article, posted it here and collapsed from exhaustion.

I'm not saying that it was as tiring as playing a 4OT game, but I'm not saying it wasn't either.

My keyboard is separated form yours by miles of wires and wireless connections, and I still want to wash my hands after reading that :confused: That said, good find.

Reaction Score

images%2Farticle%2F2014%2F07%2F21%2FhJ9bNO7.gif

Reaction Score

Now whoever draws your name in the Boneyard Secret Santa knows what to get you.
image.jpeg

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Putting this in the non-key tweet thread. From the Huskerboard.com forums:

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:05 PM

I know I don't post much, and rarely contribute to rumors, BUT:

As some of you may recall, or notice from searching my post history, I work in media, specifically geared toward broadcast radio and television. I worked in the Omaha market for most of the 90's and still have many friends in Omaha and scattered in media around the country. I am currently in the Tampa Bay area.

One of those old media friends is a fellow in Chicago. I'll be short on details, as I was warned to keep him anonymous, but here's what little I got:

The B1G and OU are in fact talking about OU moving to our conference. I know that isn't much of a surprise. I don't have any actually surprising info. But this was a confirmation of something we all suspected and I thought it was worthwhile to verify it, inasmuch as I can. My friend is also a longtime media veteran in the sports broadcast world. He's not a guy anyone would know, more of a behind the scenes person in the executive area of broadcast.

He does not know anything more, really. No dates, no prophecies, no legal crap. Just that they are talking about moving to the B1G.

Take it for what it's worth.

Link

pj

Reaction Score
He does not know anything more, really. No dates, no prophecies, no legal crap. Just that they are talking about moving to the B1G.

Link

The surprise would be if they weren't talking. No one makes a huge, long-term, $30-50 million per year decision without investigating alternatives. If they are looking at B12 with and without a network, they are looking at opportunities outside the B12 as well. They are surely talking to SEC and Pac as well.

Things that it would be good to know:
  • How do Oklahoma and the B1G perceive timing? Is the GoR solid, is 2025 close enough that they can wait out an unsatisfactory B12 situation and don't need to challenge it?
  • Is OU negotiating B12 expansion to improve their own conference, or just to leave their kid brother institutions better situated when they exit? An Oklahoma exit, reducing the conference below 10 and letting the networks terminate the contract, would be disastrous for Ok State, K State, Iowa State, etc.
  • Who would be their partner to the B1G? OU would be a bit of a geographical outlier without Kansas. On the other hand UConn would be a more valuable partner.
  • Would UConn to the B12 prevent UConn to the B1G. If OU can leave B12 for B1G then UConn could too, but it would be costlier than moving from the AAC, unless the B12 is being voluntarily dissolved with many simultaneous departures. If the B1G is seriously interested in UConn, they would probably look for some kind of temporary arrangement (full sports in all but football, scheduling program in football, football entry when OU is available).
  • Can they get OSU to the SEC, improving the position of both schools if OU goes B1G? Would SEC be willing to take two Oklahoma schools? Probably not.
  • What are the options Texas is exploring? As Texas is tied to ESPN via LHN, they would presumably look at SEC or ACC. Presumably a ND-like deal with ACC, keeping LHN but adding Tier 1 football to LHN to make it profitable, would be the most attractive model.
  • Is the talk of a B12 network substantial or just a smokescreen? It's hard to see how a B12 network could possibly be competitive with SEC or B1G membership, the conference footprint is just too small. Is failed network negotiations going to be the cover for moves to B1G and SEC?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom