Non-Key Tweets | Page 456 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
UMass is not as only Harvard, MIT, BU, and Brandies are AAU in Massachusets. Was thinking Stony Brook; but, they are already AAU along with Buffalo. Only big research U's in the northeast I can think of are (not in any order): UMass, UConn, Northeastern, RPI, Temple, Delaware, and Georgetown. The other New England state universities are too small, though U Vermont does at least have a medical school. RPI is likely too small. Northeastern and Delaware do not have medical schools. Temple is improving; but, not that much yet. Thus, if there is any truth to this, potential AAU northeastern additions would be UConn, UMass and Georgetown. Georgetown is about the same size as Johns Hopkins, has a medical school and consumes a lot of research dollars for the US Government.

It's going to be increasingly difficult for schools to get into the AAU given cutbacks. Especially since the AAU requires breadth of studies, disciplines, departments. This is what hinders a school like Virginia Tech. RPI doesn't come close to this requirement. The schools inside the AAU are always concerned about eliminating programs because of this requirement. The AAU schools are supposed to be world-class institutions that encompass many forms of inquiry, research, thought. You can't do it sparingly.

Reaction Score
straight and narrow, the
The honest and upright way of living, as in He led a wild life when he was young, but he's been on the straight and narrow for some years. This expression is widely though to come from confusion of straight, “not crooked,” with strait, “narrow,” owing to a misinterpretation of a passage from the New Testament: “Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life” (Matthew 7:14). The current phrase dates only from the first half of the 1800s.

The American Heritage® Idioms Dictionary

Reaction Score
Good grammar from HFD? Anyone consider that he's off the sauce and on the straightened arrow?
Absolutely NO WAY he's off the sauce. Not with the rant he put out on twitter the other day...

Reaction Score
I feel like I missed out on something spectacular with this cat.
Not really..he was funny...brought up some good points...was all about promoting UConn...then at some point he went off the reservation...late night rants that made no sense what so ever..stuff like that.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Not really..he was funny...brought up some good points...was all about promoting UConn...then at some point he went off the reservation...late night rants that made no sense what so ever..stuff like that.
I see.
Thanks

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Its hard to explain HFD. He is a HUGE UConn fan and sometimes would make reasonable posts but some of his stuff just drove me up a wall. I remember being very happy when he got banned.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You say that like it was a bad thing.

pj

Reaction Score
HuskyfanDan was great, but he was manic. Maybe depressive too, but we didn't see him then. In his manias he would devote tremendous energy to promoting UConn in realignment. But he started getting impatient with UConn for not being as energetic as he was, and soon he started ripping UConn for it. Then the hammer came down on him.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 7h7 hours ago
But... The ACC is on the hotseat... like it or not.

The initial feedback from BHV in advance of the May report is that the Big 12 network would be very, very profitable (Using Trump speak).

The funny thing is the B1G has said publicly 3 times they would target the ACC in their next round of expansion - no secret.

They want the ACC's AAU schools.

Derek Redd ‏@derekredd 7h7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV If we're going w/ Trump-speak, wouldn't the proper terminology be "YOOOOOOJ?"

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@derekredd It's going to be big, very big. It will be wonderful. The best KU- UCONN game on the planet. Trust me it will be big & wonderful

KilroyFSU ‏@KilroyFSU 7h7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV But again, are they willing to go to court to challenge the GOR? And if the school loses, will the B1G cover them?

@KilroyFSU I think the key is what Swofford told FSU BoT members. That's a little fishy how they went about it.

@KilroyFSU But I really think the B1G overestimates UVA's desire to leave the ACC for cash.

@KilroyFSU The word on the street is ESPN will pass on ACCN to do the B12N. It makes more money for them & erases the LHN losses.

Matthew D Carlson ‏@mcgoblue 7h7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV what kind of timeline do you expect? Who do you think would move to the BIG10?

@mcgoblue B1G only cares about AAU schools. So UVA, UNC, Duke, GT. Pick 2...

@mcgoblue UVA is the big prize to the B1G. But don't assume UVA would leave.

"Look at my hands! See how big my hands are? Well the B12N will be bigger than my giant.... which is bigger than my hands."

Justin A. McNabb ‏@Juddrock 7h7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV also sounds like Florida schools theory is out. (USF UCF) ESPN doesn't want to strong arm cable providers in Fl again bc of SEC

@Juddrock Unless.... ;-)

@Juddrock 380 miles.

@theDudeofWV yessir.

@gampel_2_msg Tony was accurate. BHV report is not finalized.

@gampel_2_msg The ACC stuff is real too.. although... previously expressed doubts about UVA leaving are still there.

@gampel_2_msg But if ESPN says it's going with B12N instead of ACCN then pencil FSU as a member of the Big 12.

@Juddrock Nobody is out yet. Nobody is in... but UC and UCONN should be optimistic. Remember 14 is the number.

Cincy and UCONN fans needs to listen to this: http://media.wvmetronews.com/media/03091671810-SportslineforWednesdayMarch92016.mp3…

@theDudeofWV I think 16 will be the finale. 4 super conferences of 16 will happen before 2025

hristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 7h7 hours ago
@Juddrock Maybe... never thought the Big 12 would make it. Looks like now it will.

@theDudeofWV they'd be ignorant to piss away, potentially the #2 most lucrative conference in all of NCAA. Don't see them passing sec ever

@Juddrock Looks like market duplication - both within the ACC and ACC against the SEC - is what keeps the Big 12 intact.

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 7h7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV for the lazy, skip to 8:30. Says expansion is likely. Hearing UC & UConn, also BYU but past has shown difficult to deal with

@gampel_2_msg Difficult means Sunday play.

@theDudeofWV also goes into detail about B10 looking to raid ACC

Zac Pogue ‏@Pogalo 7h7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @gampel_2_msg In that situation, could we throw Clemson in there too??

@Pogalo @gampel_2_msg One assumes yes...

@theDudeofWV @Pogalo so in that scenario 11. UC 12. UConn 13. FSU 14. Clemson? or are they 15 and 16?

@gampel_2_msg @Pogalo Network first. Then talk.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
MH VER is crazy. Does he really think the fact the B1G is after AAU schools in the ACC is news to anyone?

Daniel Mountcastle ‏@Expansion_Crush 5h5 hours agoAtlanta, IN
@theDudeofWV there's nothing out there to support him or utini, or a few others I can think of. They prey on the expansionist message boards

@Expansion_Crush UVA has rebuffed the B1G before.

@Expansion_Crush In my opinion the only schools who would leave the ACC willingly are FSU and NCSt. Neither fit the B1G profile.

Daniel Mountcastle ‏@Expansion_Crush 5h5 hours agoAtlanta, IN
@theDudeofWV and UVA and UNC would prefer the SEC to the Big Ten. Irregardless of what most think

@Expansion_Crush Not sure about UVA...but UNC does. Yet how much money would it take to get UVA?

@Expansion_Crush The other factor is that the talk in KC is ESPN will green light the Big 12 network and pass on ACCN.

@Expansion_Crush Not sure that will effect the ACC other than widening the gap between the Big 12 and ACC in terms of revenues.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
@NoelleMG66 If you don't want to believe me go back and look at @tsnmike's story prior to the 2/4-5/16 Big 12 members. Maybe he has a link.

Noelle ‏@NoelleMG66 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @tsnmike oh I agree! Thus my reaction

@NoelleMG66 That doesn't mean UCONN and Cincy aren't added. I don't see anyway UCONN gets left out if they get credit for NYC.

@NoelleMG66 In the May meetings the Big 12 presidents will sit down & hear the BHV report. Then the games begin. Who can get the votes.

@NoelleMG66 Anybody who says the Big 12 has made a decision is making it up. @flugempire is making it up. Can I be any more clear?

@NoelleMG66 But I'm certain 12 doesn't add enough content for a network.

@NoelleMG66 @flugempire claimed that UC president Ono followed him as proof his info was accurate. But couldn't prove it.

@NoelleMG66 He gave a screenshot of a message board post as proof even though I sent him a link to Twitter's help desk for him use.

@NoelleMG66 Picking expansion candidates is a process that's only just begun.

@NoelleMG66 The Big 12 can't afford to not pick the combos that add the most value to the Big 12. Thus no schools have been selected yet.

@NoelleMG66 Take the top 4 markets available and use that as a starting point.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 15m15 minutes ago
A respected expert on the ACC tells me that UVA has issues with the structure of the B1G sports mecha.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
You say that like it was a bad thing.
I would take his rants over the BC -and or Virginia crap we were subjected too. HFD at least was on our side.

Reaction Score
From Dennis Dodd's twitter, mystery 11th member banner. Strange, short white fellow
dennis dodd twitter.jpg

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV now1 minute ago
@pfac51 Compare the sports UVA offers with those required by the B1G.

You know what? Let's do that.

Of men's sports sponsored by B1G, UVA has:
Baseball
Basketball
Cross Country
Football
Golf
Lacrosse
Soccer
Swimming/Diving
Tennis
Track & Field
Wrestling

UVA doesn't have:
Gymnastics (7/14 current schools)
Ice Hockey (6/14 current schools)

Of women's sports sponsored by B1G, UVA has:
Basketball
Cross Country
Field Hockey
Golf
Lacrosse
Rowing
Soccer
Softball
Swimming & Diving
Tennis
Track & Field
Volleyball

UVA doesn't have:
Gymnastics (10/14 current schools)

Seems like they match up really well.

Reaction Score
Ratfink ‏@a_ratfink 2m2 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV love reading most of your content, but your bias of the ACC is of a world class nature. Never a positive comment seems extreme

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1m1 minute ago
@a_ratfink I have a bias against UNC & Duke. Not the ACC as a conf.

Ratfink ‏@a_ratfink 3m3 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV OK. I don't care for them either, but I don't see the ACC being the weak link. Good schools, nice footprint and competitive.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3m3 minutes ago
@a_ratfink are you talking about my claim something is shady with the ACC GoR?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 54s55 seconds ago
@a_ratfink If you look at the discovery documents from ACC versus Maryland you see some issues with the ACC contract with ESPN.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 8s9 seconds ago
@a_ratfink Read how Swofford convinced FSU to sign the GoR. You don't think something is amiss?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV now56 seconds ago
@a_ratfink FSU's BoT seem concerned with the deferral of the ACCN.

Ratfink ‏@a_ratfink 1m1 minute ago
@theDudeofWV Maybe I am missing news on FSU, but I follow their news and have never seen that mentioned anywhere.

Ratfink‏@a_ratfink
@theDudeofWV No, I'm just thinking I have seen you talk good about every other conference but the ACC. I think ND would join before

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV now13 seconds ago
@a_ratfink I've said only 2 schools would be interested in leaving the ACC. FSU & NCST. But if FSU leaves then the ACC has big trouble.

Ratfink ‏@a_ratfink 1m1 minute ago
@theDudeofWV Not if Notre Dame joins in football. They are the key and I don't think they will let it fail.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV now47 seconds ago
@a_ratfink --> http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25156475/florida-state-trustees-concerned-with-accs-place-among-power-5-conferences…

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV now14 seconds ago
@a_ratfink Would ESPN make more $ with the B1G or the ACC with ND a full member? Would ND make more $ as an Indy or a full member?

Ratfink ‏@a_ratfink 33s33 seconds ago
@theDudeofWV Depends. What would NBC offer for the full rights of the ACC? They are not going out of business.

Ratfink ‏@a_ratfink 4m4 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Thanks for responding. I really do like your information and the detail you provide. I just don't see the ACC going anywhere.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 52s52 seconds ago
@a_ratfink I don't either unless ESPN passes on ACCN. Then FSU can't afford to stay.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 11m11 minutes ago
Why has Flugar changed his story? I thought the Big Ten was raiding the Big 12 & adding Oklahoma & Kansas?

Kellis Robinett ‏@KellisRobinett 8h8 hours ago
Big 12 ADs have asked their consultants to provide data on major issues at spring meetings. Bob Bowlsby says discussion will pick up after.

@KellisRobinett @DooleyMcStitch Uh, we knew that already.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
@gampel_2_msg @Stormy0891 My take is this: UCONN & Cincy are in if the Big 12 adds 2 and stops.

Garrett Weiss ‏@StrengthOfSpear 44m44 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @gampel_2_msg @Stormy0891 wont be enough for a national relevant network

Storrs South ‏@gampel_2_msg 36m36 minutes ago
@StrengthOfSpear @theDudeofWV @Stormy0891 pretty sure it was noted earlier that early comments from BHV is that it would be very profitable

@gampel_2_msg @StrengthOfSpear @Stormy0891 Goldmine. That's how it was described.

Michael ‏@palmer4Cy 12m12 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Flugaur needs to worry more about his school's AD disarray.

@palmer4Cy Flugar was a friend. He tried to feed me info but nothing he said checked out.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 7m7 minutes ago
@palmer4Cy He first said CCG deregulation would be defeated then said the SEC would kill it. He said the B12 would expand in 2014.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6m6 minutes ago
@palmer4Cy He's ranted up & down that UH was in even though I explained why UH would never get the votes.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6m6 minutes ago
@palmer4Cy Then last month he said BYU was out.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3m3 minutes ago
@palmer4Cy Greg offended me deeply & I'm not the type who forgives or forgets.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2m2 minutes ago
@palmer4Cy He said I wasn't smart enough to realize my sources were lying to me. If only dueling was legal...

Hawkeye ‏@hawkeyeND 46m46 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2015/12/21/10636988/sec-big-10-dominate-college-football-tv-ratings… Big 12 ratings are not good compared to B1G and SEC.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 22m22 minutes ago
@hawkeyeND You have to consider penetration & clustering.

Hawkeye ‏@hawkeyeND 4m4 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV nearly 60% of all big 12 televised games were on FS1, that isn't good no matter how you slice it. Actually, that's terrible.

@hawkeyeND you have to adjust the ratings. A few B1G schools are responsible for the vast majority of their ratings too.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1m1 minute ago
@hawkeyeND Starting this year ESPN & Fox will draft games week by week. So the B12 will have more exposure on ABC/ESPN.

Mountaineer Pride ‏@WV_Bulldogs 12m12 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV I don't have it figured out but wish a B12 Network would bring FSU, Clemson, Louisville, & maybe Miami into the fold!

@WV_Bulldogs don't feel bad nobody has it figured out not even the Big 12.

Mountaineer Pride ‏@WV_Bulldogs 5m5 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV If they would focus on a league network the rest would take care of itself, doors would fly open and it would feel like Xmass

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV now1 minute ago
@palmer4Cy Not a single thing he told me ever checked out. He was saying VT to the B1G for a while.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV now19 seconds ago
@hawkeyeND Fox actually put a lot of marquee B12 games on FS1 at noon to try & build viewership. That hurt badly.

@pfac51 Compare the sports UVA offers with those required by the B1G.

Trip Manfro ‏@pfac51 7m7 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV wrestling. Crew.

Aaron ‏@posas13 6m6 minutes ago
@pfac51 @theDudeofWV required?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2m2 minutes ago
@posas13 @pfac51 That what was said to me. I assumed UVA doesn't want to travel to Minnesota for golf or whatever.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 31m31 minutes ago
So @theDudeofWV hears a WVU radio guy talk about UC/UCONN to Big 12...so today Dude says there fans should be optimistic.... huummm...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 30m30 minutes ago
But in angry emails to me this week he said I was nuts to declare through our OU contacts info that UC/UCONN will be the picks.. Huuummm...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 28m28 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV makes a good Parrot. A Blue & Gold Parrot.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 28m28 minutes ago
What Big 12 expansion "take/position" hasn't @theDudeofWV held in last 96 hours? Anybody? The kid is a mess.

C.L.H. ‏@calluke1 22m22 minutes ago
@flugempire he also blocked me when i mentioned you lol

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@calluke1 Dude has all his bases covered...has all positions covered. Slams everyone around him... Parrots everyone in due time. Con Man

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4m4 minutes ago
@calluke1 It took a local WVU radio guy to make Dude say UC/UCONN on March 10 We declared it on Feb 15th and Dude has meltdown on email

reg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 22m22 minutes ago
@Genetics56 @calluke1 So you are the doofus who is going around saying I met the Dude on a message board?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 22m22 minutes ago
@Genetics56 @calluke1 You are the clown saying I've been on a WVU message board? I get my info from a boneyard message board?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 21m21 minutes ago
@Genetics56 @calluke1 So you are the doofus. You have no idea what you speak of...you could not be more incorrect.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 19m19 minutes ago
@Genetics56 @calluke1 You call me a fraud 5 hours ago on your TL then when I laugh at the Dude for being a Parrot you say leave him alone?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 18m18 minutes ago
@Genetics56 @calluke1 So the OU guy was right...he DM me...telling me who you were. You not so smart kid. The gig is up.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 15m15 minutes ago
These Sooner guys are smart. No joke. A Sooner guy tips me off on who this nut job was who has been on one of their boards spreading ****

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 13m13 minutes ago
Sooner guy gives me screen shots of this Nebraska fanny guy comments..or whatever his name is... The kid is as messed up as the Dude.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 10m10 minutes ago
http://3rdand15.sportsblog.com/posts/13892158/alternatives-to-big-12-expansion.html… Interesting. We believe EXP is happening w UCONN/UC...but interesting take. Especially about changing the brand

Do you see that fat ugly guy on the right? That's me. The lady is my Wife of 13 years.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdOpIKMWEAAAOfc.jpg

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3m3 minutes ago
I'm not Mhver3...or some UCONN person. I don't behind some Star Wars name. I'm the ugly guy from MN who can't hit a 75 chip shot.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 18s19 seconds ago
I get that people disagree with some or all the things we state here... But I'm truly gob smacked by those who believe I'm someone else.

Paul Hornstein ‏@pfh1964 12m12 minutes ago
@flugempire Can't believe B10 is going to let B12 beat them to UCONN.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...ansion-to-be-settled-soon-20160310-story.html

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Is this the key?

[Aresco] thinks the league is in a much better situation than in years past thanks in part to the growth of members like Houston, Memphis, Navy and Temple.

Don't want to get my hopes up since last time Aresco was spouting Louisville this and that!

He was doing that and ignoring us last time because we were the pick. Until FSU and Clem's Son ruined it all. It seems to actually be a good thing when he doesn't talk about us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom