Non-Key Tweets | Page 251 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do you think the contiguous state requirement of the CIC is real?
The existence of a NYC B1G office now makes Connecticut contiguous to B1G territory.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Can we officially ban WV twitter talk going forward? He's not plugged into anything - just a WV super fan with a lot more time to scour the web. If the Boneyard didn't watch him, not sure he'd have any followers.
Take a look at the title of this thread.

This thread has nothing to do with CR news; this is a place for the often humorous observation of delusional attention seeking misanthropes.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Take a look at the title of this thread.

This thread has nothing to do with CR news; this is a place for the often humorous observation of delusional attention seeking misanthropes.
I know....but sometimes I do forget

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
He's not even humorous anymore. It's beyond pathetic. When someone posts his tweets I scroll through it without reading it. It's like making a schizophrenic your go to guy for current events.

CL82

Reaction Score
A thirsty man will drink from a muddy hoof print. The lack of readily available public information is what gives these guys a following.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A thirsty man will drink from a muddy hoof print. The lack of readily available public information is what gives these guys are following.
Cue the Cercei Lannister memes

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa 14h14 hours ago
Lots and lots of behind the scenes info today. Some repeat occurrences. Some new. Some obvious. Others not.

While the B1G is ready to give up on Mizzou, they haven't given up on Vandy. Vandy decision makers not interested but some in the org are.

BIG contacted Vandy again last week to gauge any change. Behind the scenes the SEC has all but said "go ahead, don't let the door hit you.."

B1G has more options than any other conference. All will be voted on eventually and expect calls to heat up as TV negotiations near.

B1G will add for next TV deal.

B1G has contacted many many schools and some haven't been contacted but are being vetted intensely.

OU, KU, UT, Vandy, ND, GT, UNC, Duke, UVA have all been contacted. None are even close to a lock. Many scenarios.

Also being considered by B1G due to market addition: Buffalo, UCONN, Pitt

Troy Adams‏@troybadams 10h10 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa I was with until this tweet. Not buying this. Buffalo? Really?

Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa 10h10 hours ago
@troybadams yes. Really. The State University of NY or New York State. They've been laying the groundwork.

@troybadams lot of TV sets in New York.

@troybadams lot of rich Buffalo alumnus.

Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa 9h9 hours ago
@troybadams b1g is all about TV sets. It isn't athletics success driven. See Rutgers. Maryland.

SEC working on expansion to add 2 but not in hurry and will wait until right time. OU, KU, KSU, OKSt, UNC, VaTech, NcSt,are all candidates.

If SEC adds it will be solely to increase geographic footprint. If ACC / B12 schools remain unavailable they will add programs to grow.

SEC rules fandom in every state they have teams in with exception of Texas and that will change over time.

The only way the B12 can survive is to beat the ACC to 16. The first to 16 wins in the SuperConference game.

Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa 9h9 hours ago
Being told that some reps from the B12 met with Cincy reps in Cleveland this past week to avoid being immediately seen. Still getting info
Is the Promiscuous Jawa related to Tuxedo Yoda? Same universe... although those tweets are also reminiscent of someone else...

Reaction Score
Is the Promiscuous Jawa related to Tuxedo Yoda? Same universe... although those tweets are also reminiscent of someone else...
Yes :Upstater
The only two who consider Buffalo the State University of NY

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Upstater is tweeting now? I thought we were talking about HFD...he also had/has a thing for SUNY Buffalo. I think we should all open Twitter accounts and put out random with a ridiculously pro-UConn vibe. Something akin to "UConn turned down the SEC and ACC and is waiting for Notre Dame to join the B1G, otherwise it's completely content to stay in the AAC".

CL82

Reaction Score
PJ has done the unthinkable. His posts are more worthless than the Dood.

To sum up, every team in the world is being vetted by the B1G, some so secretly that not even the subject schools themselves are aware of it.

CL82

Reaction Score
Upstater is tweeting now? I thought we were talking about HFD...he also had/has a thing for SUNY Buffalo. I think we should all open Twitter accounts and put out random with a ridiculously pro-UConn vibe. Something akin to "UConn turned down the SEC and ACC and is waiting for Notre Dame to join the B1G, otherwise it's completely content to stay in the AAC".
Agreed, although the Boneyard itself is a big enough time sponge for me.

Reaction Score
I don't remember HFD's love of Buffalo ,but he had so many. differentb scenarios who could keep track.
On second thought it's hard to imagine those Tweets being penned by Upstater unless the errors were intentional.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yes :Upstater
The only two who consider Buffalo the State University of NY
I'm actually a Buffalo grad that has been living in CT for over a decade. Grew up a Syracuse fan - but had to change my rooting interest when life brought me here. SUNY Buffalo is dreaming big - but they are 30 years too late to the show in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I don't think Buffalo is a prime candidate, but with some rebranding and real public support, I could see them becoming quite valuable. I mean, end of the day, if you're the flagship for the state of New York, that has a lot of value. Of course, that only matters if it actually happens, and even then, who knows if anyone will care enough to bring them into a real league, without which it doesn't much matter.

pj

Reaction Score
PJ has done the unthinkable. His posts are more worthless than the Dood.

To sum up, every team in the world is being vetted by the B1G, some so secretly that not even the subject schools themselves are aware of it.

Me? What did I do?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I know were not posting his tweets anymore but the dude of WV flat out lost it tonight when he heard the Chuck Long comments about Texas having real interest in the B10

Reaction Score
it's the chicken and the egg.
B1G invites Buffalo.
Buffalo is instantly rebranded.
But enough about Buffalo.
While doing some info gathering on wiki, I looked up UCONN again. I don't remember seeing a motto over there before, but now it is reading "Qui Transtulit Sustinet" which as you know is the motto on the State Seal of CT.
"UConn is one of the founding institutions of the Hartford, Connecticut/Springfield, Massachusetts regional economic and cultural partnership alliance known as New England's Knowledge Corridor. UConn is a member of Universitas 21, a global network of 24 research-intensive universities, who work together to foster global citizenship.[5] UConn is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges."
Both of these figures are now higher than I remember reading:
Enrollment: 31,119
Endowment: $436.9 million

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
it's the chicken and the egg.
B1G invites Buffalo.
Buffalo is instantly rebranded.
But enough about Buffalo.
While doing some info gathering on wiki, I looked up UCONN again. I don't remember seeing a motto over there before, but now it is reading "Qui Transtulit Sustinet" which as you know is the motto on the State Seal of CT.
"UConn is one of the founding institutions of the Hartford, Connecticut/Springfield, Massachusetts regional economic and cultural partnership alliance known as New England's Knowledge Corridor. UConn is a member of Universitas 21, a global network of 24 research-intensive universities, who work together to foster global citizenship.[5] UConn is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges."
Both of these figures are now higher than I remember reading:
Enrollment: 31,119
Endowment: $436.9 million

Endowment well over $400M now? Sweet. Fundraising efforts are really picking up. I hope that the new Alumni Association can give a quick jolt to that figure as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom