Non-Key Tweets | Page 233 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 9h9 hours ago
Mark my words. If ESPN passes on the ACCN you'll see FSU & Clemson in the Big 12 to kick off the 2018 season.

KilroyFSU ‏@KilroyFSU · 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV How do they get around the GoR?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 34m34 minutes ago
@KilroyFSU That I do not know for sure but go back and carefully read the story on how Swofford convinced FSU to sign the GoR.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 34m34 minutes ago
@KilroyFSU Maybe promises were made to FSU about an ACCN that the ACC denies now.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 42m42 minutes ago
But let me focus on his statement of UT s****** $$$. Yes, Chris, UT has money and will continue to generate big money. However...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 41m41 minutes ago
...however, UT had big money when SWC collapsed. UT had big money when MIzzou,NEB, CO, TAMU left. Texas having money is not the issue.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 40m40 minutes ago
The issue for the Big 12 is lack of exposure and lack of branding/marketing..and lack of growth in $ for the bottom half of the conference

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 39m39 minutes ago
I could go on for the next 100 tweets on how and why lack of Big 12 branding is crushing the conference long term stability..but I won't....

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 38m38 minutes ago
Because my last point on the Dudes rant needs to be made. Dude has stated UT is leading the charge for the creation of the B12 network...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 37m37 minutes ago
The dude mocked others who don't know if this secret plan of the B12...BS. Complete BS. Texas will have nothing to do with. B12 network.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 35m35 minutes ago
Is ESPN/Disney going to allow UT to share content with others such as TCU & Texas Tech, in which FOX holds their 3rd tier rights? BS.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 35m35 minutes ago
For the B12 to build a Conference Network at this particular time they would need to convinced FOX or ESPN to buy back all the rights..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 33m33 minutes ago
...to buy back all the rights of the others. It's not happening. ESPN built the LHN for the specific reason that this would not happen.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 33m33 minutes ago
One of the issues ACCN is having is that ESPN needs to buy back 3rd tier rights from Raycomb and FOX..and do it in a way which still...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 32m32 minutes ago
...which can still lead to profits so the ACCN can dispense money to ACC schools. B12N is not happening. LHN makes it impossible.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 19m19 minutes ago
So the dude finally finds out netflix has no interest in doing live sports..and then ask "why are they speaking to the B12"?.
Geez

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 16m16 minutes ago
Because NETFLIX IS NOT TALKING WITH THE B12!
@theDudeofWV you were told by many peole on twitter Netfix had no interest,but you ignored them

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 15m15 minutes ago
Maybe @thedudeofwv would take a timeout from making things up he could sit down a read a newspaper. Netflix is not talking with the B12.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 10m10 minutes ago
Dude says this:"Funny how a story on Netflix not bidding on live sports comes out now. So why are they talking to the Big 12 then?"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 8m8 minutes ago
Ahhhhhhhh...I get it...Netflix wants everybody to think their not interested in B12n...to keep the price/bidding down
#conspiracy
Delusional

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7h7 hours ago
Let the Dude clue you in to a universal truth.... TV $ is important but it's only icing. Texas poops $. They have 0 need.

.....and the Dude poops total bullsh!t

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
@azescobar1 Current thoughts on UCONN have remained the same. All info point ms to 2019 as their B1G window. Longshot...but conditions...

@azescobar1 ...conditions that UCONN needs to happen for a 2019-20 invite are occurring. Again, longshot....but not real...real...real long

@azescobar1 UCONN needed "live sport content" value to continue to rise ✔️
Needed UMD/RUT additions to be successful ✔️

@azescobar1 UCONN needed to have public backing plan to increase Research ✔️
UCONN needed GORs to be real..yep...this helps UCONN ✔️

@azescobar1 Something's still need to bounce correctly for UCONN..but there chances are much better today..much much better than Nov 2011

@azescobar1 The new B1G Tier 1/2 TV contract will tell us a lot. I do not expect any B1G expansion until 2019/20. But new TV contract..

@azescobar1 ...will give us clues on what-where-who-when on B1G expansion 3 years after start of new contract.

Reaction Score
I love how the dude throws wv in with texas, ou and kansas in terms of value. How many homes in wv do you think get high quality internet that they scan stream netflix?

Does UT even know that WVU is in their conference?

Reaction Score
In regards to the probably b.s. rumor about Big12 expansion, I found this quote from the WVU AD regarding expansion,

“I'm in favor of expansion if it's the right two teams to bring in,” he continued. “Obviously for us, it would be nice to have more of an eastern partner, but at the same time, I want to make sure it's the right partner and from a revenue standpoint it doesn't impact us negatively as well by bringing additional partners in.”

http://www.wvillustrated.com/story/29180649/wvu-ad-lyons-talks-key-big-12-issues

Three things that stick out:
1) Big12 is at least discussing the possibility of expansion.
2) WVU prefers an eastern presence (not sure how UT, OU feel about that).
3) Two teams - not four most likely if expansion did happen.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“There's a presidential committee that's kind of looking at that as well, but as athletic directors, we try to look at the bigger picture of what actual teams and partners we could bring in that would add value to the conference and that's still being explored,” Lyons said.

“I'm in favor of expansion if it's the right two teams to bring in,” he continued. “Obviously for us, it would be nice to have more of an eastern partner, but at the same time, I want to make sure it's the right partner and from a revenue standpoint it doesn't impact us negatively as well by bringing additional partners in.”

Hate to parse off the cuff comments too much, but it does look like they are looking into bring in two teams, perhaps only one of them in the east.

"So you are telling me we have a chance? I guess we'll know in twenty minutes."

Reaction Score
Any conference in the cartel could invite any non-cartel program and state it only gets a 20% share of revenue for a stated number of years and it would be accepted. So why don't they do it?

Reaction Score
Just a ho-hum thought on a rainy Monday A.M. I thought that I read a while back (regarding Rutgers to B1G) that potential targets have to apply for membership before even being considered. That said, I wonder how many applications the UConn hierarchy have sent out & to whom? Point to ponder.

Reaction Score
Russ Sprague ‏@russsprague · 3h3 hours ago
US Map of Nielsen Media Markets

Denver Media market 1,500,000+ bigger then most #B1G markets #CSUFootball #BIG12 http://bl.ocks.org/simzou/6459889

@russsprague @Expansion_Crush Take a look Daniel, Denver has 750,000 Cable Owners (48-49%)...UCONN another 840,000 cable owners (84%)...

@russsprague @Expansion_Crush..throw in other areas of Colorado and New England you get a bit over 2 million cable owners..not bad.

Seanbo Sengo ‏@SeanboSengo · 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire @russsprague @Expansion_Crush How much is CSU's brand worth?
Not much currently in MW, how much more in B1G is the question?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
@SeanboSengo @russsprague @Expansion_Crush As Delany has asked the rhetorical question before with the addition of "Rutgers"..

@SeanboSengo @russsprague @Expansion_Crush ..."how much is Rutgers worth with the Big Ten Brand backing it up"?
Plenty

@SeanboSengo @russsprague @Expansion_Crush Both long shots...but Market Size won't keep them out...

pj

Reaction Score
But, CSU is #2 in Denver and isn't in Denver metro area, unlike CU-Boulder ... UConn dominates Connecticut and he wasn't even counting Fairfield County in comparing UConn's and CSU's markets ... add in proximity to NYC and Boston and it is really very lopsided, UConn >>> CSU.

Another consideration is that raising CSU up hurts the Pac12 by diminishing the value of CU. The B1G-Pac alliance has significant value to them and I doubt they'd cross the Pac12.

I still think we lack a partner but are too valuable to leave out of the B1G. They should seriously consider being at 15 for 5-6 years while they wait for the next TV contract reshuffling to free up schools.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
But, CSU is #2 in Denver and isn't in Denver metro area, unlike CU-Boulder ... UConn dominates Connecticut and he wasn't even counting Fairfield County in comparing UConn's and CSU's markets ... add in proximity to NYC and Boston and it is really very lopsided, UConn >>> CSU.

Another consideration is that raising CSU up hurts the Pac12 by diminishing the value of CU. The B1G-Pac alliance has significant value to them and I doubt they'd cross the Pac12.

I still think we lack a partner but are too valuable to leave out of the B1G. They should seriously consider being at 15 for 5-6 years while they wait for the next TV contract reshuffling to free up schools.

It's not about CSU vs UConn, it's about whether CSU is a suitable partner for UConn. I think that if CU were available, the B1G would certainly have interest. I don't think they are so friendly with the Pac12 that they'd be unwilling to compete in Denver.

I can't shake the sense that wheels are in motion again, which is good for UConn.

Reaction Score
It's not about CSU vs UConn, it's about whether CSU is a suitable partner for UConn. I think that if CU were available, the B1G would certainly have interest. I don't think they are so friendly with the Pac12 that they'd be unwilling to compete in Denver.

I think Delany would have a chat with Larry Scott before bringing CSU on board. CSU isn't worth a rift with the Pac.

Reaction Score
Jeff Cobb ‏@Jeffery_Cobb · 33m33 minutes ago
@mattsarz Matt are you hearing Netflix is in talks with the Big12 to broadcast sports? Netflix denies it but I'm hearing otherwise.

Matt Sarzyniak ‏@mattsarz · 31m31 minutes ago
@Jeffery_Cobb Have not heard it. Can I ask where you heard it? Re/code published something re: Netflix not interested in live events.

Jeff Cobb ‏@Jeffery_Cobb · 27m27 minutes ago
@mattsarz Heard it from @theDudeofWV he might be able to shed some light on source.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@Jeffery_Cobb @mattsarz Just email me. I'll fill you in. Came out after I found out B12 was inquiring about ending T3 deals with 3rd parties

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 26m26 minutes ago
@SeanboSengo @Don_304 The sugar bowl deal added $ to the B12 coffers whereas exp would have not. The deal is for 3 years with 2 option years

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 25m25 minutes ago
@SeanboSengo @Don_304 When the B12 made that deal they had no plans for a network. They would lose $ by expanding.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 25m25 minutes ago
@SeanboSengo @Don_304 And they believed the lack of a CCG would not hurt them.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 24m24 minutes ago
@SeanboSengo @Don_304 So now what's changed. The talk of a B12N makes expansion profitable. The lack of a CCG hurt - at least this year.

@SeanboSengo @Don_304 And the SEC doesn't care anymore because of The SECN. Adding FSU or Clemson doesn't add $.

@SeanboSengo @Don_304 So the landscape has changed.

@SeanboSengo @Don_304 Now FSU still has $ issues. While everyone says there is no link to the ACC GoR & ACCN the denials are not believable

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 23m23 minutes ago
@SeanboSengo @Don_304 Why? Because the ACC cannot or will not say what schools received in return for signing it. It's a mystery.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 22m22 minutes ago
@SeanboSengo @Don_304 But every source in the ACC believes that if the ACCN is not running by 2017 then FSU is gone.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 22m22 minutes ago
@SeanboSengo @Don_304 Plus there is evidence to suggest that the B12 resumed talking to FSU last oct.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 20m20 minutes ago
@SeanboSengo @Don_304 What don't you understand about the ACCN thing? ESPN knows it must bite or FSU walks.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 18m18 minutes ago
@SeanboSengo @Don_304 The SEC will not add FSU. Why? Duplication of market. Pie / 16 < pie /14 (FSU 0 SECN value)

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 17m17 minutes ago
@SeanboSengo @Don_304 Its that simple. My real point in telling about FSU was that UT & OU were the B12 pitchmen.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12m12 minutes ago
@SeanboSengo my opinion but I don't think ESPN can let FSU walk by passing on ACCN. Without FSU they are way overpaying for ACC football.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 10m10 minutes ago
@SeanboSengo because of you drill down on the ACC metrics you'll see that 3 or 4 ACC schools account for 90% of value.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

1) Colorado State is never going to the Big Ten. It's ridiculous to even consider it as a possibility.

2) The Big Ten/Pac 12 alliance that has such significant value to them doesn't exist. If the Big 10 wanted Colorado, they would take Colorado.

Reaction Score
2) The Big Ten/Pac 12 alliance that has such significant value to them doesn't exist. If the Big 10 wanted Colorado, they would take Colorado.

Gotta disagree with you there Fishy. As co-owners of the Rose Bowl, the Big Ten / Pac 12 alliance is huge. Tradition wins in that case, even if it doesn't matter much anywhere else.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Gotta disagree with you there Fishy. As co-owners of the Rose Bowl, the Big Ten / Pac 12 alliance is huge. Tradition wins in that case, even if it doesn't matter much anywhere else.

Absolutely meaningless.

Completely, positively meaningless.

They don't own the Rose Bowl and when they tried an actual alliance it fell apart in ten months.

And tradition is gone - Florida State played in this year's Rose Bowl.

Reaction Score
Absolutely meaningless.

They don't own the Rose Bowl and when they tried an actual alliance it fell apart in ten months.

Pasadena owns the stadium, Big/PAC effectively own the event.

The alliance fell apart because of PAC's need to pad their home schedule with cupcakes that will actually put some butts in seats and draw some viewership. The keys being: they will not give up a home game and they want to win all out-of-conference games. Collectively they have to have the out-of-conference wins to counter the SEC's head start every year in the rankings. And coaches want their bonuses for bowl games...

The tradition is not gone. It's been mangled a bit, but still remains the most significant right of passage for a conference champion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Absolutely meaningless.

Just hearing FSU was in the Rose Bowl this year makes me wince...ughh.

pj

Reaction Score
1) Colorado State is never going to the Big Ten. It's ridiculous to even consider it as a possibility.

1) If the population of Colorado were 11 million instead of 5.4 million, CSU would be a highly attractive candidate for the B1G. I agree they're not going to the B1G, my post gave the reasons why. But the school itself is strong academically and the market is large enough that the #1 school would be attractive. Unfortunately for CSU Colorado is not big enough to make 2 schools P5 moneymakers.

2) Apart from historic relationships, with the new P5 autonomy leagues want to have friends in other leagues so they can be in the 60% voting group and not have their interests obstructed by a coalition of other leagues. This could have the effect of tamping down realignment that damages another league.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Pasadena owns the stadium, Big/PAC effectively own the event.

The alliance fell apart because of PAC's need to pad their home schedule with cupcakes that will actually put some butts in seats and draw some viewership. The keys being: they will not give up a home game and they want to win all out-of-conference games. Collectively they have to have the out-of-conference wins to counter the SEC's head start every year in the rankings. And coaches want their bonuses for bowl games...

The tradition is not gone. It's been mangled a bit, but still remains the most significant right of passage for a conference champion.

There's no alliance between the Big 10 and Pac 12 and they do not own the Rose Bowl by any accepted definition of ownership.

When an ACC team gets to play in the Rose Bowl and a Big Ten team doesn't, that should have been enough of a clue right there. (Over the past decade or so, Miami, Texas and TCU have all won the Rose Bowl.)

Reaction Score
1) If the population of Colorado were 11 million instead of 5.4 million, CSU would be a highly attractive candidate for the B1G. I agree they're not going to the B1G, my post gave the reasons why. But the school itself is strong academically and the market is large enough that the #1 school would be attractive. Unfortunately for CSU Colorado is not big enough to make 2 schools P5 moneymakers.

2) Apart from historic relationships, with the new P5 autonomy leagues want to have friends in other leagues so they can be in the 60% voting group and not have their interests obstructed by a coalition of other leagues. This could have the effect of tamping down realignment that damages another league.
Colorado is two small.
But Alabama, Kansas,Washington,Oregon,Iowa ,Miss,Kentucky,Oklahoma, South Carolina ,are big enough to support two P5 teams ,and Indiana three.

pj

Reaction Score
Colorado is two small.
But Alabama, Kansas,Washington,Oregon,Iowa ,Miss,Kentucky,Oklahoma, South Carolina ,are big enough to support two P5 teams ,and Indiana three.

Yeah, a lot of teams lucked into top conferences based on history, that wouldn't get invites today if they were starting from the AAC or MWC.

Indiana is a good comparable for us though ... 6.6 million people among two state schools is not as good as 3.6 million among one ... and Notre Dame is a "Chicago" metro area school + national brand ... UConn is arguably a NYC/Boston school + national basketball brand ... so we're probably worth more to the B1G than Purdue (#2 state school in Indiana) and rival Indiana in value.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom