Non-Key Tweets | Page 232 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
First I pray there is some truth in Uconn going somewhere. Anywhere other than American would be a plus. The fact Susan just took the AAC job is making me doubt this B12 story. Why would she do that if she knows we are leaving the American?

Reaction Score
First I pray there is some truth in Uconn going somewhere. Anywhere other than American would be a plus. The fact Susan just took the AAC job is making me doubt this B12 story. Why would she do that if she knows we are leaving the American?
Possibly to keep UConn in good favor with the AAC. It's only a board position, they don't really do much and it's a fairly replacable position. If she rejects it, it only serves to piss off the conference and other members. Honestly, I wouldn't read a whole lot into it.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Because until we are out, she's playing the model citizen.

GG

Reaction Score
My guess, if there's any truth to this (I'm highly doubtful), there'll be smoke coming from the B1G and/or ACC as this would close the window on all of their realistic non-p5 options. Both know they have UConn, UC, and UCF in their back pockets as acceptable options if they get raided, (ACC only really) need an extra partner to keep numbers even, or to scoop up an eastern TV market. The drop off below these three on the east coast is enormous. So unless Swofford thinks he can restock with other P5 teams if Jim comes calling for UVA, or UNC, or Va Tech, etc., he needs these three in his corner. Or, if the B1G can't get any of the current P5 teams to make a move for whatever reason, and he wants to continue his push east, he needs these three in his corner.

Unfortunately, I do not believe that Tuxedo Yoda has been correct with any of his realignment predictions. That being said, I do recall the dude indicating that an assessment was done of the value of all of the schools and UCONN was top dog. Perhaps I am mistaken on that, but that is my recollection.

Reaction Score
So, Oliver Luck, in his role as NCAA vice president of regulatory affairs, addresses the AAC honchos at their spring meeting yesterday. Could he have been on a super secret "for your eyes only" scouting mission for the B12 checking out potential members? Conspiracy Kitty needs to weigh in on this development.

Reaction Score
These twitter guys are spontaneous ejaculators of CR effluvia.

Could something really be up with the Big 12? Sure....

Could they have a clue about it? Nope.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
See Miami and Pitt guide to conference realignment.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry. Just as in every other aspect of life and business, keep forging ahead and when opportunity knocks, answer, because tomorrow is unknown.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Anyone remember this tweet from April? Maybe we are talking to big east about parking our men's soccer there since the big 12 doesn't have men's soccer league?

Sammy Albano
@SammyAlbano
Former Editor for CBS News,former Executive Producer of Inside The BIG EAST+Principal Maven Media Group. College FB+ Hoop fanatic .I always tell it like it is!

Reaction Score
Assuming this could be true, would they configure pods? I could see a possible group of wvu, uc, ucf, uconn and possibly isu. Not sure anyone else in the b12 would be thrilled about being 6-7. From a pure geo perspective this seems like a show stopper. They can go also 14 deep in a single structure, but how do you schedule football.

Does LHN broadcast for all schools?

Reaction Score
I'm skeptical to believe any of this, but these are the four teams that would provide the most value immediately to the Big XII. While UConn's football program is in worse shape than BYU, Cincy and UCF, UConn's other sports programs would help deliver the type of value that both the conference and the TV networks would desire. Timing makes sense after seeing the huge revenue differential between the Big XII and the SEC, it is time for the XII to make moves

Out football program, as well some other sports, would receive an instant uptick in recruiting options. Bob would be thrilled, as would KO.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Anyone remember this tweet from April? Maybe we are talking to big east about parking our men's soccer there since the big 12 doesn't have men's soccer league?

Sammy Albano
@SammyAlbano
Former Editor for CBS News,former Executive Producer of Inside The BIG EAST+Principal Maven Media Group. College FB+ Hoop fanatic .I always tell it like it is!

Don't get overly excited about that tweet. UConn & the BE were having cursory discussions on UConn potentially finding a home for an upgraded men's lacrosse program. The 'former editor for CBS' heard UConn & BE and jumped to the conclusion (as he is one who still believes that the BE is only a men's hoops conference) that UConn as returning to that conference.

I imagine that if we do receive an invitation to the B-12 (not sure that the possibility really exists outside of moonshine induced hallucination's in the mountains of West Virginia) we could easily park any sports the B-12 doesn't sponsor in the BE (as we would immediately add some visibility and credibility).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, Oliver Luck, in his role as NCAA vice president of regulatory affairs, addresses the AAC honchos at their spring meeting yesterday. Could he have been on a super secret "for your eyes only" scouting mission for the B12 checking out potential members? Conspiracy Kitty needs to weigh in on this development.
Conspiracy Kitty says:
I haven't heard anything but I'll go check with my source at the car wash.
funny-cat-pictures.jpg

Reaction Score
I hate to see what kind of BB schedule they would give UConn if they were in bad favor with the AAC.
More that *****if***** this were to be true, which I think we still have no reason to believe it is, that they would ease the exit process and fee for us.

Reaction Score
Assuming this could be true, would they configure pods? I could see a possible group of wvu, uc, ucf, uconn and possibly isu. Not sure anyone else in the b12 would be thrilled about being 6-7. From a pure geo perspective this seems like a show stopper. They can go also 14 deep in a single structure, but how do you schedule football.

Does LHN broadcast for all schools?

Just Texas.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · May 28
Just remember who told you the Big 12 was the Hunter & not the hunted.

Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste · 18h18 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I thought the last thing you said was expansion was dead

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 18h18 hours ago
@Mountaineer_Ste On life support. I meant about the B12N.

Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste · 6h6 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Yea, B12 network died when the LHN came in to being. This will be a long term disadvantage between B12 and SEC, PAC, and BIG.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@Mountaineer_Ste No. They are talking about one now. Inquiring about rights.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · May 29
SEC & B1G folks crowing about besting B12 revenues. Big 12 doesn’t have a conf network padding numbers.

Hihoze ‏@hihoze · 7h7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Why doesn't B12 have a network? What happened to Longhorn Network? Is Netflix seriously interested in B12 network?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7h7 hours ago
@hihoze Why? LHN. One is coming. UT sees a LHN/B12 hybrid. Yes. Netflix is very interested. Would give B12 serious bank.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@hihoze The problem is that 4 B12 schools have serious T3 value: UT, OU, KU & WVU. The rest - not so great.

@hihoze So how do you spread the wealth & keep those 4 happy. High school sports. Add Fl & another southern state.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@Mountaineer_Ste There is a way to use LHN.

@theDudeofWV Not sure what you are saying, are you saying LHN will or will not be morphed into B12 network?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6h6 hours ago
@Mountaineer_Ste Since UT is leading the push I suspect LHN will go away when the contract expires or morph.

@Mountaineer_Ste But until then
LHN could dual broadcast UT events with a B12N in exchange for more content -again dual broadcast on LHN.

@theDudeofWV Did not realize UT is leading the chg. They are willing to give up 12-15 mill that the LHN brings to them?

@Mountaineer_Ste B12N could not do a UT coach show but they could do a Big 12 coaches show involving UT.

@Mountaineer_Ste Yea. If in exchange they get more $. Unlikely ESPN will renew LHN. No content.

@Mountaineer_Ste Plus B12 expansion depends on a conf network to be profitable.

@theDudeofWV Uneven pay is what almost pulled the B12 apart the last time. If it goes that direction again, B12 won't last, just my opine

@Mountaineer_Ste It wouldn't be uneven. Dual broadcast. The profit comes Only with expansion.

@Mountaineer_Ste I think LHN expires at same time as B12 contract. B12 could buy LHN from ESPN - at least the last 3 years.

@Mountaineer_Ste Many options on the table made possible by Netflix/ESPN/Fox.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6h6 hours ago
5/29:"Made up talk on Twitter of a Big 12 working on a Conference Network (sunshine pumping) will commence in....7..6..5...4..3..2.."

Yep

Does it scare me that I can predict the frauds next set of makes it up as he goes along comments?

Yep it does.

UT leading the charge? No

Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls · 6h6 hours ago
But without LHN, Texas would probably be in ACC or Pac-12 right now. Careful what you wish for.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@kbohls Correct. LHN keeps Texas in B12....But keeps B12 from reaching its potential total growth

@WesJacksonUSF @chiucfgal Exactly. Texas is not leading the charge of the creation of B12 network..

@OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub anyone who says UT is leading the charge for creation ofB12N does not know B12

@OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub And Netflix is not interested in getting involved in B12N...Come on dude.

@OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub Netflixis not going away from their core..not doing live content..they said it

@OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub You gotta make up your mind dude..is Conf networks bad or good?...

@OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush @theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub There are times when you say bad..and then times you imagine a B12N creation

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did the Dood miss the news where Netflix very publically said they were interested in bidding on sports? For the very obvious reason they are too expensive?

Reaction Score
@texasdobbs @Mountaineer_Ste All these experts in the know... But B12N with UT is old news to me....

@texasdobbs @Mountaineer_Ste All these guys who claim to know... Know nothing like Jon Snow...

@texasdobbs @Mountaineer_Ste Yes. I'm holding back into... But darn & golly I'm bursting at the seams to tell.

All you guys who think UT & OU will jump are missing a big piece of the puzzle. You think you know but you don't.

The funny thing is it's there right under your nose. I laugh and laugh almost busting at the seams to point it out.

The truth is that Texas money. They don't care about your revenue. They have it. OU is almost the same.

Texas and OU are the Big 12. 10 like-minded schools with a passion for football. With fans that live & die with the fortunes of their school

Big 12 football is great. Better than the B1G, ACC & P12.

You see the B12 can increase revenues easily. They have the most growth potential of anyone. They can offer the largest share too.

Plus UT & OU love the culture. They love that the B12 isn't bloated with parasite schools that drain equal shares without trying to win.

Join a 16 or 18 member B1G and share money they added with 10 schools who do nothing to deserve it.

Mark my words. If ESPN passes on the ACCN you'll see FSU & Clemson in the Big 12 to kick off the 2018 season.

You really think the Big 12 would start planning a conf network without the blessing of UT & OU?

Or that UT & OU would participate without a plan (expansion dummies) that drastically expands the footprint?

Listen up... A B12 with 12 members, a network and a presence in Fla & SC pulls even in TV money.

More importantly a Big 12 with FSU & Clemson is very close to SEC quality. 12 members. All football schools (KU is trying).

Doubt if you will. But where were you when I told you no CCG for B12? Or that the disbursement would be $25m or more.

I told you about the plans for a B12 network after the last meetings but you didn't believe.

So don't be surprised to hear about a contract extension for the B12 around 2017 or that the GoR has been extended.

Don't be surprised when the Big 12 is paid a sum by Netflix that makes you cry.

And don't be surprised when the Big 12 does expand with a big name or two.

Why? Because you clueless people how did the SEC build their brand? Which came first? SEC money or SEC dominance?

Let the Dude clue you in to a universal truth.... TV $ is important but it's only icing. Texas poops $. They have 0 need.

They have exactly what they want in the Big 12 & it's UT & OU leading the B12 into the future.

pj

Reaction Score
I've never met a university so rich it didn't want more money.

Reaction Score
Jeff or Jeffrey Fann ‏@TalkinACCSports · 28m28 minutes ago
Netflix won't bid on live sports - http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/netflix-wont-bid-on-live-sports.html

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12m12 minutes ago
@TalkinACCSports So what are they doing talking to the Big 12?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 18m18 minutes ago
What do you think happens when the B12 talks network at the meetings? Do they ask UT & OU to leave the room?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 24m24 minutes ago
Do UT & OU cover their ears & hum to cover up the network talk? Do they make pretend calls to Delaney? No!

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 23m23 minutes ago
UT & OU are leading the Big 12. They get what most of you don't.

John bolster ‏@bolster_john · 15m15 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV ESPN is losing money on LHN unfortunately XII network will have to wait til LHN contract runs out

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@bolster_john Think creatively.

Funny how a story on Netflix not bidding on live sports comes out now. So why are they talking to the Big 12 then?

Reaction Score
Jeff or Jeffrey Fann ‏@TalkinACCSports · 28m28 minutes ago
Netflix won't bid on live sports - http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/netflix-wont-bid-on-live-sports.html

@TalkinACCSports So what are they doing talking to the Big 12?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 18m18 minutes ago
What do you think happens when the B12 talks network at the meetings? Do they ask UT & OU to leave the room?

John bolster ‏@bolster_john · 15m15 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV ESPN is losing money on LHN unfortunately XII network will have to wait til LHN contract runs out

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@bolster_john Think creatively.

Funny how a story on Netflix not bidding on live sports comes out now. So why are they talking to the Big 12 then?
Dude is on both sides of every issue and has been getting undressed on this lately by Floog. Here someone else steps and his reply is "netflix and the the big12 are talking" with no evidence on his part.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom