Non-Key Tweets | Page 144 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I think he was saying the relative footprint of relevancy for either program is fairly small.

Well, I think he was pretty definitive in his remarks. He indicated that both programs have "sucked for decades". Don't think he was talking about footprints.

Reaction Score
Isn't it ironic that anytime someone on this board mentions UCONN playing BC in football a BC fan bring up how no BC fans care about UCONN, but when someone takes a shot at BC for any reason by the speed one of their fans responds you would think one-tenth of their fanbase is trolling our board waiting for BC to be brought up.
Edit: they sure spend a lot of time here for not caring about UCONN at all.

Husky, go back and look at my posts. I think you will see that: (1) I hardly respond to every BC post on this board (2) I don't smack talk other programs (on this board or anywhere else).

If I see a statement made that I think is obviously not consistent with the facts, I will respond. No big deal. Beyond that, i just don't get into all of the smack talk.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Well, at the very least, all of this BC talk has taken place under the proper "non-key" moniker.

BC is a small private that should feel fortunate for being grandfathered into a power conference, just like Wake. Both are afterthoughts inside their own cities. To be fair, the ACC is full of a schools that should feel fortunate for being grandfathered into the power structure.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · Dec 11
3 months ago I tweeted the Irish days of Football Independence was coming to an end. I explained the reasons why, soon I will tell you how.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
Follow

@posas13 I don't know who #16 will become. ACC voted and stayed at 8 Conference games...with the hope of the ND to ACC scenario happening

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
Follow

@posas13 Everyone is being told the ND brass is JUST NOW thinking and talking about this scenario internally. Incorrect..started months ago.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
Follow

@posas13 ND still needs its 4 games of OOC games in its schedule. Many will say Navy #16 for obvious reasons.I'm being told Navy is longshot

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
Follow

@posas13 Not trying to avoid answering because I do not have a single name for #16. But the "how" is part of the "who". I'm getting....

Follow
@posas13 ND setting up negotiations..... More on the "how" later.

Reaction Score
3 months ago I tweeted the Irish days of Football Independence was coming to an end. I explained the reasons why, soon I will tell you how.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
Follow

@posas13 I don't know who #16 will become. ACC voted and stayed at 8 Conference games...with the hope of the ND to ACC scenario happening

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
Follow

@posas13 Everyone is being told the ND brass is JUST NOW thinking and talking about this scenario internally. Incorrect..started months ago.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
Follow

@posas13 ND still needs its 4 games of OOC games in its schedule. Many will say Navy #16 for obvious reasons.I'm being told Navy is longshot

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
Follow

@posas13 Not trying to avoid answering because I do not have a single name for #16. But the "how" is part of the "who". I'm getting....

Follow

If Notre Dame joins the ACC for football, and if the ACC picks a #16 other than us, I may quit life.

We're really the only ACC-like team left, and we'd give them more bragging rights to NYC than they have already (outright ownership in basketball, at least a tie in football).

Reaction Score
Well, at the very least, all of this BC talk has taken place under the proper "non-key" moniker.

BC is a small private that should feel fortunate for being grandfathered into a power conference, just like Wake. Both are afterthoughts inside their own cities. To be fair, the ACC is full of a schools that should feel fortunate for being grandfathered into the power structure.

BC was "grandfathered" into the ACC? Really??

They have been in the ACC for a short 10 years. When they entered back in 2005 they had been one of the most successful established programs in the Northeast. In those 10 years in the ACC, they have had 8 winning seasons out of 10 and have won the Altantic Division of the Comference twice. Even with the Spaz disastor, they are in the top half of the Conference in terms of success since entering.

Now Wake on the other hand! :)

So, I guess we can agree that they have not "sucked for decades"? ;)

Reaction Score
In my world, bc sucks.

Her Marty. I am cool with that. As a fan, I have no issue with thinking another program who you don't like "sucks". No issue at all. That's what being a fan is all about!

My only reason for jumping into this to begin with was to dispute Dooley's more specific inferences that BC was comparable to WF in that both sucked on the field for decades. Something disputed by the actual W-L. That's all. It's all good! :)

Reaction Score
Her Marty. I am cool with that. As a fan, I have no issue with thinking another program who you don't like "sucks". No issue at all. That's what being a fan is all about!

My only reason for jumping into this to begin with was to dispute Dooley's more specific inferences that BC was comparable to WF in that both sucked on the field for decades. Something disputed by the actual W-L. That's all. It's all good! :)
You're pretty articulate. Did you go to BC?

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
"Suck" may be the wrong word for BC. "Irrelevant" is better. They are in that pack of "not likely to win a championship in my lifetime" along with 2/3 of most conferences. When you define success as a "better than .500 program" versus a championship program it shows where they are at. Not saying Connecticut is in the championship discussion either but comparing the two is like trying to pick the tallest dwarf. The middle sucks.

Reaction Score

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
Follow

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
Follow

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
Follow

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
Follow

Follow

Not a tweet, but posted on Irish Envy:

Notre Dame and it's Independence
I know we have all been wondering if there was anything to Jack Arutes comments of bad news or whatever. Tonight on wndu sports broadcast it was mentioned that BK and Jack Swarbrick were going to sit down and talk about whether an 11-1 Notre Dame team could make the playoffs without a conference championship. Sooo I would assume our Independence may be coming to an end.

Reaction Score
And now they've locked themselves into the ACC and lost some negotiating power that they otherwise would have had. Brilliant!

Here's the thread:
http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/notre-dame-football/233498-notre-dame-its-independence.html
That is a pretty innocent thread with quite a few people in favor of joining the ACC. More then I would have imagine, but the younger generation is more excepting of it then the old generation.

That is one of the few threads on IE that are about the ACC or expansion. Notre Dame people don't discuss it much on our boards. As one of the few Irish fans who follow this I was happy to see it discussed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 30m30 minutes ago
Just had a rather lengthy convo about TV markets. Advice for fans of schools wanting in the B12…

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 31m31 minutes ago
Just had a rather lengthy convo about TV markets. Advice for fans of schools wanting in the B12…

Before you brag about your schools TV market its best to make sure your team does well in its home market.

Low national ratings hurt. Low ratings in your home market kills.

‏@itsZacknotZach 19m19 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Exactly why B1G moved away from Missouri when they realized KC was a KU market and StL was an illini market. Good pt

So let’s say the Big 12 was going to expand. It’s not but this is for illustration only - which 3 schools would be tops based on ratings?

1. BYU 2. UCONN 3. UCF

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 29m29 minutes ago
BYU has a national audience built in but also does well in home market.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 29m29 minutes ago
UCONN is #2 because of Basketball. Football is low but basketball ratings rock.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 28m28 minutes ago
UCF has been doing very well in Orlando overnight ratings.

Evan Almighty ‏@EvanWilson12 29m29 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV I think UCF is a sleeping giant that needs woken up

UCONN is in a tough spot. It’s basketball program maybe worth 4x what it’s football program is…

John ‏@Ruknighttime 6m6 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV football drives the Bus ,not basketball.Uconn lost to SMU..they are a dumpster fire in football

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 27m27 minutes ago
Cincy ratings are not great. Ohio State dominates that market.

The phrase “4th banana” was used to describe TV ratings of 99% of AAC schools.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 27m27 minutes ago
Being that those schools, in their own markets, are not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd viewing option in most cases.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 24m24 minutes ago
However it’s Cincy who beats UCF, BYU & UCONN in merchandising - another important metric.

Ed Wirtz ‏@BearcatEd_30 27m27 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV check again hillbilly

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 22m22 minutes ago
@BearcatEd_30 no. You tell me what Cincy’s average TV rating in its own market is.

Matt Niehaus ‏@MattNiehaus 19m19 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @BearcatEd_30 tell us what WVU's ratings are in the B12. 6-7th best in conference. Your point is irrelevant a

Ed Wirtz ‏@BearcatEd_30 19m19 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Ohio state does not dominate the Cincy market. SW OH is UC market

Michael DeCourcy ‏@tsnmike 24m24 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV That is beyond wrong. OSU does not dominate Cincy.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 12m12 minutes ago
@tsnmike The numbers I saw showed OSU dominating the entire state.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 12m12 minutes ago
@tsnmike But they were rarely against one another in time slot.

Michael DeCourcy ‏@tsnmike 11m11 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Everything north of Mason, probably

Michael DeCourcy ‏@tsnmike 9m9 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Lived there nearly 18 years. Never understood why OSU wasn't bigger, but CFB itself not enormous there.

Michael DeCourcy ‏@tsnmike 8m8 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Bearcats a nice job since Big East and Kelly to create something of a market for the game

Reaction Score
That is a pretty innocent thread with quite a few people in favor of joining the ACC. More then I would have imagine, but the younger generation is more excepting of it then the old generation.

That is one of the few threads on IE that are about the ACC or expansion. Notre Dame people don't discuss it much on our boards. As one of the few Irish fans who follow this I was happy to see it discussed.
Apparently the guy who has William T Sherman as he avatar is not fond of being in a Southern Conference. I love it. . Give him a like from this Arizona Yankee.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wake Forest essentially exists because of tobacco money - not sure what principle you've arbitrarily decided to credit them with, but rest assured they will do what they have to in order to maintain their place.
As does Duke. Duke had the Duke family (and changed its name from Trinity not quite a century ago) as its benefactor and RJ Reynolds followed their example with Wake (although Wake did not change the school's name).

I'm still convinced that the P-5 autonomy move was expedited by Wake (while their president was in a position to influence the direction of P-5 college football) out of fear that if they did not do something to protect themselves while they could, at some point they would be eliminated (as they are basically a lesser redundancy of Duke). The ACC would lose zero in terms of market footprint and and high profile athletics if Wake were voted off the island. Wake knows this and likely felt that the next step in this process would be to weed out all redundancies; if an analysis were performed on what value each school independently adds to their conference, Wake would be a loss as replacing them with anyone outside of North Carolina would add something and NC St would be negligible, although they could add value to another conference, which would provide some incentive for the ACC to want them around. It could easily be argued that no school in any P-5 conference is less important to their conference than Wake.

Reaction Score
It could easily be argued that no school in any P-5 conference is less important to their conference than Wake.

True. Though Vanderbilt and Washington st are in contention. And Baylor before its recent FB improvement.

Reaction Score
BC was "grandfathered" into the ACC? Really??

They have been in the ACC for a short 10 years. When they entered back in 2005 they had been one of the most successful established programs in the Northeast. In those 10 years in the ACC, they have had 8 winning seasons out of 10 and have won the Altantic Division of the Comference twice. Even with the Spaz disastor, they are in the top half of the Conference in terms of success since entering.

Now Wake on the other hand! :)

So, I guess we can agree that they have not "sucked for decades"? ;)

To be accurate, BC was only added because Miami asked for them. If the NCAA had allowed 10-team leagues to have championship games, the ACC would have added Miami in 2003, and that's it.

Also, they haven't been a factor in the ACC since their first two seasons, when they made the championship game twice... with Big East players on the roster.

Reaction Score
To be accurate, BC was only added because Miami asked for them. If the NCAA had allowed 10-team leagues to have championship games, the ACC would have added Miami in 2003, and that's it.

Also, they haven't been a factor in the ACC since their first two seasons, when they made the championship game twice... with Big East players on the roster.

Your second paragraph is not accurate. BC was in the ACCCG in their 3rd and 4th seasons in the ACC, not the first two years - so they had a mix of both "Big East"and "ACC" players, whatever that means. Then they had the Spaz years. Fortunately, they are in the process of recovering very nicely from those years.

Reaction Score
Your second paragraph is not accurate. BC was in the ACCCG in their 3rd and 4th seasons in the ACC, not the first two years - so they had a mix of both "Big East"and "ACC" players, whatever that means. Then they had the Spaz years. Fortunately, they are in the process of recovering very nicely from those years.

Yes, you are right - I had my years mixed up - but guys like Matt Ryan chose to attend BC to play in the Big East, and then they ended up taking the team farther than it ever went in the real Big East or has been since.

In fact, you've had an easier time in that league than you did in the Big East. Against teams not named Temple or Rutgers, in the Big East, your record was bad-to-average.

Reaction Score
With all the advances in technology, why would one settle for reading that gibberish line-by-line nonsense such as that posted by CoastAtlantic above? Sentences and paragraphs. We learn that in elementary school. Ridiculous!

Reaction Score

U Miami is an odd school. It is a southern, football power; but, it is private, academically well respected, and draws it's non-football students from all over the county (someone once told me 25% come from the Northeast). The football team has also recruited well from the Northeast, too, especially Jersey. Thus, The U has a strong interest in sending it's football team up to the Northeast at least once every other year for recruiting, enrollment, and endowment opportunities. Most other 'southern' football schools want noting to do with the Northeast outside of TV dollars.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
@ · 5m5 minutes ago
Was told this morning that 2 AAC schools asked the conference to submit to them in writing the process for withdrawal from the conference.

@ · 4m4 minutes ago
Wouldn't tell me which two schools but was told they were schools we've spoken about before.

@ · 2m2 minutes ago
And by "we've" I mean my source and I

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 38s39 seconds ago
@ @theatheistteach Complete and utter Bull .

Oh, that's helpful, just about every AAC school been talked about as a P5 expansion candidate. Talk about covering bases.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom