Non-Key Tweets | Page 145 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

pj

Reaction Score
Any metric that puts Oregon State ahead of UCLA, Stanford, and Cal is a mighty peculiar metric.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
And there's good ol' Wake at #69. I swear, every time I think that Wake friggin' Forrest is grandfathered into a P5 conference while we get to play the mehs of the AAC, I want to bite Jeff Hathaway in the face.

Reaction Score
Wake is one of the old, old boys...they have been playing UNC and NC State for over a 100 years and Clemson and Duke for 75 years...

Reaction Score
Wake is one of the old, old boys...they have been playing UNC and NC State for over a 100 years and Clemson and Duke for 75 years...

Even worse. They have had a hundred years to foster a sustainable advantage ( brand, facilities, trophies, fan base ) with virtually nothing to show for it. Theirs is a legacy of undeserved belonging. Rah rah.

Reaction Score
A legacy of undeserved belonging...but a legacy none the less.

It's like family if yours is like mine. After 40 years or so, your brother in law is your brother in law, regardless of whether he enhances the family gatherings.

Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Any metric that puts Oregon State ahead of UCLA, Stanford, and Cal is a mighty peculiar metric.

Well it's one measuring that 'Beavers' makes people giggle.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
We know it wasn't us -we know the rules all too well. It's prolly just sse newbie getting up to speed.

Reaction Score
Even worse. They have had a hundred years to foster a sustainable advantage ( brand, facilities, trophies, fan base ) with virtually nothing to show for it. Theirs is a legacy of undeserved belonging. Rah rah.
It would be different if Wake Forest finished last in the league every year in all sports and consistently was not competitive. They are the smallest school in the P5 in terms of enrollment. But they are a founding member of a P5 league, and until they are not competitive at all they aren't getting kicked out. I get the Wake bashing from some of my Hokie friends all the time too. Then Frank Beamer loaded his football team on a bus and drove down to a game in Winston Salem last month and lost the football game to Wake Forest. My school, UVA, has lost 9 straight men's basketball games in Winston Salem.

Wake Forest has 8 NCAA Championships across 4 different sports. I'd bet that there are many other P5 members with less. Their facilities are modern. Their baseball park is larger than UVA's. I get the frustration because UConn deserves to be in a P5 conference. I can't really say that Wake Forest doesn't. Would a P5 league go out of its way to invite Wake in the current climate. Probably not. But they joined in the 1950s.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wake Forest has 8 NCAA Championships across 4 different sports. I'd bet that there are many other P5 members with less.

Boston College only has four, all in hockey. Clemson has three. Florida State has six. Louisville has three. Miami has five. North Carolina State has two. Virginia Tech has never won a title in any sport.

It would seem that Wake Forest is actually rather successful given that some of their conference mates inability to deliver national championships

Reaction Score
U Miami is an odd school. It is a southern, football power; but...
scUM's records over the last decade disagree. Maybe a .600 or, at best .750, winning percentage. We'd happily take that record now, but Miami's no southern, football power now.

pj

Reaction Score
Boston College only has four, all in hockey. Clemson has three. Florida State has six. Louisville has three. Miami has five. North Carolina State has two. Virginia Tech has never won a title in any sport.

It would seem that Wake Forest is actually rather successful given their some of their conference mates inability to deliver national championships

Wake should kick BC, Clemson, Louisville, NC State, and Va Tech out of the ACC.

Reaction Score

It would seem that Wake Forest is actually rather successful given their some of their conference mates inability to deliver national championships
Fishy, I agree 100%. Wake Forest has accomplished more than everyone you mention. How the heck do you kick out some one that has done that? It is not going to happen. UConn has over 20 national championships and belongs in the P5. There is no doubt in my mind that you will be there at some point. I hope my conference will enter expansion mode again.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Well it's one measuring that 'Beavers' makes people giggle.

My wife has a degree from there, she's a "lady Beav". Like there is any other kind...

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 11h 11 hours ago
@tsnmike Huggy said Cincy’s coach told him about meeting with B12 & said Cincy was in.

@tsnmike On his radio show tonight. The host shot him down.

@tsnmike Big 12 contacts tell me rumors are coming from Cincy. Most of them frustrated. But Huggy’s comment was first glimpse of that.

Larry Walker ‏@Manny_Insanity · 11h11 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @tsnmike Huggs said a particular coach told him that he never said the coach's name.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Manny_Insanity Lets make a reasoned deduction shall we. What school in the AAC has close ties to Huggs?

@Manny_Insanity @tsnmike Come on…. Really. You do know where Huggs was before WVU & KSU right?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 11h11 hours ago
@tsnmike Huggy said Cincy’s coach told him about meeting with B12 & said Cincy was in.

Larry Walker ‏@Manny_Insanity 11h11 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @tsnmike Huggins never said that. He said a coach said that to him but he never mentioned Cronin or anyone by name.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @Manny_Insanity @tsnmike Who believes it was anyone other than Cincy’s coach. Raise your hand…

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It would seem that Wake Forest is actually rather successful given that some of their conference mates inability to deliver national championships

Well we only had three last year.

Reaction Score
Just for the record, BC has 5 NC's in hockey. Not 4 as was mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually that is not 100% accurate, although I agree with the larger point being made about WF's contributions. By the standards being used here, Boston College has 11 National Championships. They have 5 in hockey (not 4 as Fishy indicated) plus another 6 in sailing. Frankly, I wouldn't normally count sailing as it is not a major sport, IMO; but if you are going to count WF's golf and field hockey titles, then it is more of an apples-apples situation.
Except no one counts sailing as a national championship sport, including the NCAA. On the other hand, golf and field hockey actually are recognized NCAA sports. Correctly, you are right in stating no one conceives of sailing as a major sport. A sport, in particular when referencing major international regattas, but nothing in any way, shape, or form relevant to 99.9% of college sports fans. Get back to us when you have something worthy to contribute.

Reaction Score
Except no one counts sailing as a national championship sport, including the NCAA. On the other hand, golf and field hockey actually are recognized NCAA sports. Correctly, you are right in stating no one conceives of sailing as a major sport. A sport, but nothing in any way, shape, or form relevant to college sports fans. Get back to us when you have something worthy to contribute.

Agreed. That is why I revised the post, including only the point on hockey.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom