Non-Key Tweets | Page 1022 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Valentines Day Love GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

"I hate UConn so so much…"
"Oh, I hate them even more than you do..."
"They think we're obsessed with them, but we're not!"
"Definitely not!!"
"How can we show them how much we don't care about them?"
"I know! Let's go post on their board!!!!"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You just proved my point. It's pretty obvious that some of you folks can't frame reasonable arguments or counterarguments. Instead, you resort to insinuation or name-calling. How very sad.
LOL. What's sad is that you you have nothing better to do than spend so much time on another teams board.

Reaction Score
If you hate UConn this much, why spend so much time here?
I don't hate UConn, but I have a general interest in realignment. I also have family ties to UConn.

Schools that are comfortably ensconced in P conferences, like BC (not my Alma Mater), don't spend a lot of time discussing realignment but, as outsiders, you folks seem preoccupied with the subject. Thus, there's a lot of entertainment value in following your disparate views, which, to paraphrase Hunter Thompson, might be categorized as Fear and Loathing in Storrs. Sorry, but sometimes I can't resist commenting.

Reaction Score
Schools that are comfortably ensconced in P conferences, like BC (not my Alma Mater), don't spend a lot of time discussing realignment but, as outsiders, you folks seem preoccupied with the subject.
Really? Oklahoma has a thread on realignment that is 1,286 pages. I guess that's not a lot. Kansas has a thread that is 2,586 pages. Virginia Tech has their own realignment board.

All are P-4 schools.

Reaction Score
BC not having a realignment board just kind of reinforces the fact that they do not have any fans
Regardless the big elephant in the room for the Big and SEC is the courts won't let them cicumvent Title 9. They will be tied up in lawsuits for many years, and no way Congress is getting involved to help them.

Reaction Score
Regardless the big elephant in the room for the Big and SEC is the courts won't let them cicumvent Title 9. They will be tied up in lawsuits for many years, and no way Congress is getting involved to help them.
An interesting topic. Given the current administration of NIL's(which I don't have a full handle on), would T9 apply, since these collectives and NIL's are not administered by the schools?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I heard the best thing about playing at BC is eating out after a loss.
That interview was possibly the saddest thing I ever heard and yet simultaneously, it was hysterical.

Reaction Score
Let’s check in on Syracuse Fan Dot Com

View attachment 103077

Idiots think we have debt, like the school sells and holds bonds for the athletic program. We have a deficit in athletic revenue on a yearly basis. No value in a cuse degree. Not being a private school means the finances are different. Comptroller Sean Scanlon today, in a July monthly financial and economic update, projected a Fiscal Year 2024 General Fund surplus of $224.6 million and a Special Transportation Fund surplus of $277.0 million. Comparing us to Rutgers is stupid.

Reaction Score
Let’s check in on Syracuse Fan Dot Com

View attachment 103077
post #2,326
"They bring a state with money and 3.4million people obsessed with UConn and would pay for a streaming service to watch. Big 12 with UConn, Arizona, Kansas, Houston and Baylor is by far the best conference in college basketball.

"And it would be great for our fans to have a rivalry game we actually care about every year.

"You guys are really short sighted about UConn. The Big 12 is positioned to be the 3rd conference standing and we better hope to get a lifeline. If/When the ACC falls apart and we see UConn safely in the Big 12 and Rutgers safely in the Big 10 and then we’ll be here lamenting where it all went wrong.

"UConn should be in the ACC, and at the very least our admin should publicly and loudly advocate for them to be in the ACC so we might have a friendly advocate for us if we need a life raft.

"Edit: their football is also only irrelevant because it’s not in a major conference. If the ACC blows up, our football will be just as irrelevant. UConn in the big 12 means it’s not irrelevant anymore."

Reaction Score
post #2,326
"They bring a state with money and 3.4million people obsessed with UConn and would pay for a streaming service to watch.
I forgot about ESPN+. They wanted UConn women's basketball when we were in the AAC. Could be a factor now.

Reaction Score
Something that would be very difficult is if both the ACC and Big 12 invited UConn. Which conference do you bet on. With the addition of the Corner 4, I think the Big 12 is on more solid footing. You have to believe there will be movement among the ACC, Big 12, and even perhaps the Big East. UConn cannot be left behind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HawleyArmou

Top Bottom