Non-Key Tweets | Page 1024 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
This is one of the better you tube videos discussing UConn. Lots of facts (some incorrect like not knowing that Connecticut gives tax breaks to ESPN). UConn discussion starts at 39:33.

Reaction Score
This is one of the better you tube videos discussing UConn. Lots of facts (some incorrect like not knowing that Connecticut gives tax breaks to ESPN). UConn discussion starts at 39:33.

So many people equate the size of the state with the population. They don't realize that Connecticut has more citizens than Iowa and many of the B12 states (and these states are split into 2 universities). They don't understand that 1/3rd of the state is inside NYC's market. They falsely assume that ESPN is tipping the scales while we know that in the past ESPN has done the opposite when they gave the ACC directions to exclude UConn. They have absolutely no awareness of UConn baseball, hockey and soccer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No hockey or men’s soccer in b12
Not yet. It doesn't need hockey although AZ State has a team.

WVU and UCF now play in the Sun Belt along with Kentucky and South Carolina from the SEC. UConn could go to the Sun Belt or perhaps remain in the Big East.

Reaction Score

"The numbers say one thing, but NO... and i don't know why but NO.. absolutely not" - Narrow minded Big12 experts

The Big 12 conference doesn't compare to the strength and prestige of the Big Ten (B1G) and SEC. However, they are fortunate to have Brett Yormark as their commissioner during this crucial time. Hopefully, the university presidents remain realistic about the conference's actual football value and avoid the narrow-mindedness sometimes seen among the fan base.

Reaction Score
Not yet. It doesn't need hockey although AZ State has a team.

WVU and UCF now play in the Sun Belt along with Kentucky and South Carolina from the SEC. UConn could go to the Sun Belt or perhaps remain in the Big East.

Hockey doesn’t matter. We already have a league for it.

Men’s soccer. Also who cares? NCAA Men’s Soccer has never been less relevant now that the best players don’t play college soccer. Defund it, let it play in the NEC or something. Seriously.

Reaction Score
Every time I watch these youtubers, I wish I could reach through my computer to correct them. As upstater said, they all think that ESPN is in our corner while we know that they haven't done a thing to help UConn, all the while getting tax breaks from Connecticut.

There is one guy who has done several shows about UConn and always mentions the deficit in the Athletic Department. He never mentions that we have been getting peanuts in media revenue for years.

In the above video, which I said was one of the better ones, those guys cite the football statistics, but don't break out our statistics when we were in a BSC conference. They also trashed the stadium and the gameday experience. I would like to make them aware of Robert Griffin's quote about playing at the Rent: "When we played at UConn my freshman year, that was the loudest place I've ever been as a football player. The stands are right next to the field, it was packed, and everyone was yelling. That was probably the coolest place for me to play at aside from Texas, Texas A&M, and Nebraska". They think all of our football facilities are sub-par. They should watch a video of the Burton Football Center.

I could go on...

Reaction Score
Every time I watch these youtubers, I wish I could reach through my computer to correct them. As upstater said, they all think that ESPN is in our corner while we know that they haven't done a thing to help UConn, all the while getting tax breaks from Connecticut.

There is one guy who has done several shows about UConn and always mentions the deficit in the Athletic Department. He never mentions that we have been getting peanuts in media revenue for years.

In the above video, which I said was one of the better ones, those guys cite the football statistics, but don't break out our statistics when we were in a BSC conference. They also trashed the stadium and the gameday experience. I would like to make them aware of Robert Griffin's quote about playing at the Rent: "When we played at UConn my freshman year, that was the loudest place I've ever been as a football player. The stands are right next to the field, it was packed, and everyone was yelling. That was probably the coolest place for me to play at aside from Texas, Texas A&M, and Nebraska". They think all of our football facilities are sub-par. They should watch a video of the Burton Football Center.

I could go on...
Totally agree. Mostly lazy opinions by part-timers, but also some fulltime media members are lazy in their research as well. You'd think these guys could understand basic AD accounting and revenue/expsense drivers by now.

The facilities can easily be found on YouTube and you'd think they'd have checked it out by now. SMH.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
No field hockey too. Ice hockey has a home in Hockey East. Men’s soccer and field hockey could remain in the Big East as an associate member or seek an affiliation with an other conference.
Field hockey stayed in the Big East when the AAC split happened. I imagine they’ll want our national championship field hockey to stay this time too.

Reaction Score
No field hockey too. Ice hockey has a home in Hockey East. Men’s soccer and field hockey could remain in the Big East as an associate member or seek an affiliation with an other conference.
BE Soccer and field hockey may have concerns with schools dropping soccer in the near future, especially as we see the paycut from NCAA shares and all these Catholic schools suffering during the demographic cliff. Then again, sports may be one way to attract student athletes to fill seats, especially if schools aren't giving them half scholarships.

Reaction Score

"Gut instinct 60/40 UConn does not end up in the Big12" but thinks its a major first step in UConn potentially joining "way way down the road"

Reaction Score

"Gut instinct 60/40 UConn does not end up in the Big12" but thinks its a major first step in UConn potentially joining "way way down the road"

Another guy who does not know about UConn's football history in a BCS conference.

He wonders about the money; if media partners will pay for UConn. But Yormark has that nailed down with ESPN.

He was talking about GCU. I had no idea who he was talking about. Had to google it. Grand Canyon University.

Reaction Score

Internet clown show

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HawleyArmou

Top Bottom