Non-Key Tweets | Page 1023 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Something that would be very difficult is if both the ACC and Big 12 invited UConn. Which conference do you bet on. With the addition of the Corner 4, I think the Big 12 is on more solid footing. You have to believe there will be movement among the ACC, Big 12, and even perhaps the Big East. UConn cannot be left behind.

ACC looks way too wobbly. Best move is Big XII and perhaps they add Pitt/Cuse one day

Reaction Score
Something that would be very difficult is if both the ACC and Big 12 invited UConn. Which conference do you bet on. With the addition of the Corner 4, I think the Big 12 is on more solid footing. You have to believe there will be movement among the ACC, Big 12, and even perhaps the Big East. UConn cannot be left behind.

Not difficult at all, Big 12.

Reaction Score

with the possible exception of Utah the B12 teams that are there want to be there, of course anyone would leave for an invite from the sec or B1G.

In the ACC quite a few teams want out. Why would anyone pick the ACC now, unless it was the only option.

The probability that the B12 goes to 20/24 is high, this is the right place for the Huskies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’ve always thought that MHVER3 was awesome and maybe he does not live in his parents basement
Probably moved up to the guestroom. Good for him!

CL82

Reaction Score
Not difficult at all, Big 12.
What if the ACC countered with immediate full share and immediate membership for football versus the big 12 "we will ease you in" approach?

Reaction Score

You don't ever wait for the ACC. That's an outdated conference that just reacts like the old Big East. They don't think out of the box. This is the conference that has screwed over UConn time and time again. They added Louisville over UConn. They recently added Calford and SMU while UConn is next door. They deserve to die. The ACC is very much like the PAC-12 that just imploded. It is not a surprise that both Clemson and FSU want out.

UConn is better off hitching onto the Big 12 wagon. At minimal, B12 has a great commissioner that's constantly thinking out of the box and innovating.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
What if the ACC countered with immediate full share and immediate membership for football versus the big 12 "we will ease you in" approach?
BC has to be kicked and I'll take the offer, maybe lol

a serious answer, I think the conference is a ship ready to sink, the Big 12 I feel like is going to be okay because no one outside of Kansas is a thought in realignment talks, Big 12 teams don't add enough to provide the SEC and Big 10 value, the ACC has 5 very valuable brands (FSU, Clem, UNC, Miami, ND) and 2 maybe 3 that'd be great pairings (Duke, UVA, maybe VT)

Reaction Score

This idea that UConn would be content to pull a Vandy and go 0-12 every year in football is patently offensive. UConn had very competitive football until the Big East got blown up. The program hit a rough patch is all. If we didn't care about football, we wouldn't be trying to bring our football program into a power conference. Yeesh.

CL82

Reaction Score
BC has to be kicked and I'll take the offer, maybe lol

a serious answer, I think the conference is a ship ready to sink, the Big 12 I feel like is going to be okay because no one outside of Kansas is a thought in realignment talks, Big 12 teams don't add enough to provide the SEC and Big 10 value, the ACC has 5 very valuable brands (FSU, Clem, UNC, Miami, ND) and 2 maybe 3 that'd be great pairings (Duke, UVA, maybe VT)
A new slogan?

The Big 12 Conference:
We've got nowhere else to go!

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
This idea that UConn would be content to pull a Vandy and go 0-12 every year in football is patently offensive. UConn had very competitive football until the Big East got blown up. The program hit a rough patch is all. If we didn't care about football, we wouldn't be trying to bring our football program into a power conference. Yeesh.
none of these people really know the history of the program it's annoying that we even get compared to Vanderbilt, same conference with Kansas State, Iowa State, and Kansas who were insanely uncompetitive in football until they started really investing in it and most importantly made a great coaching hire, I feel like a lot of people don't understand the importance of a great coach, Vanderbilt won 9 games back to back years with James Franklin if it can be done there it can certainly be done at Connecticut.

Reaction Score
A new slogan?

The Big 12 Conference:
We've got nowhere else to go!
It’s bizarre to think that a conference’s greatest strength could actually be the lack of value of its individual members. Yet in 2024 that’s exactly the case. If UConn gets the chance to join they should do so immediately. It might not be the prettiest ship in the fleet but it’s not taking on any water.

Reaction Score

Interesting listen ... somewhat approval I guess? How are they so off about our Athletic brand as a whole?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HawleyArmou

Top Bottom