Non-Key Tweets | Page 1020 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I assume UConn is in the mix for ACC and B12

The remaining teams would likely form a new league whose power status would depend on whether the SEC and B1G make moves. This would result in a very unstable league year after year. Basically Big East 2.0

It's highly unlikely that the BIG12's presidents, who now have a higher profile than in the last round, would be interested in UConn again. If Yormark had difficulty convincing them before, it would be even harder with schools like Louisville, Florida State, Clemson, NC State, Pitt, and possibly even BC in the mix.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The remaining teams would likely form a new league whose power status would depend on whether the SEC and B1G make moves. This would result in a very unstable league year after year. Basically Big East 2.0

It's highly unlikely that the BIG12's presidents, who now have a higher profile than in the last round, would be interested in UConn again. If Yormark had difficulty convincing them before, it would be even harder with schools like Louisville, Florida State, Clemson, NC State, Pitt, and possibly even BC in the mix.
No one wants BC. Not even the ACC.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
No one wants BC. Not even the ACC.
If the ACC had any sense, they'd pull a mulligan, kick out BC, and taken UConn. But we know they aren't that intelligent even though they keep saying...
Capture.JPG

Reaction Score
It is possible that someone will take BC, depends on their inside connections. They absolutely cannot be trusted. Cal and Stanford were taken to the ACC over the objections of FSU, Clemson, and I believe initially, UNC, because they had alumni as Presidents of other ACC schools, so therefore they had built in lobbyists. It could be the BC can have the same.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

While I hope the within two weeks rumor is true, I doubt it happens now. There are certainly still talks but the timing doesn’t make sense.

Also, why is our UConn guy so misinformed about when UConn went to the fiesta bowl - 2003 2004 really?

And why is our UConn guy not understand that our revenue in both football and basketball is lower than power conference schools because we’re not in a power conference and not getting a power conference payout?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
While I hope the within two weeks rumor is true, I doubt it happens now. There are certainly still talks but the timing doesn’t make sense.

Also, why is our UConn guy so misinformed about when UConn went to the fiesta bowl - 2003 2004 really?

And why is our UConn guy not understand that our revenue in both football and basketball is lower than power conference schools because we’re not in a power conference and not getting a power conference payout?
Not the most knowledgeable conversation.

Reaction Score

I think Mark admits to being a basketball guy and he does he good job with it. I generally like his podcasts but he’s got to do a lot better with FB if he’s going to be on a B12 podcast discussing the program.

Not saying he needs to sell the program but there’s little understanding of UConn’s past FB success. Yes, the last decade’s been terrible & that’s what B12 country associates with Uconn FB. But few know that Uconn FB had success when they were in a power conference, including several winning seasons, multiple bowls & wins, winning at places like Notre Dame & Baylor, and the BE championship & Fiesta Bowl bid in 2011. Uconn would do it again if could get in a Power conference.

Reaction Score

Talks to leverage our program for ACC pickens. Feels like the same FOMO power play that lead to the PAC12 collapse.

Reaction Score
I think Mark admits to being a basketball guy and he does he good job with it. I generally like his podcasts but he’s got to do a lot better with FB if he’s going to be on a B12 podcast discussing the program.

Not saying he needs to sell the program but there’s little understanding of UConn’s past FB success. Yes, the last decade’s been terrible & that’s what B12 country associates with Uconn FB. But few know that Uconn FB had success when they were in a power conference, including several winning seasons, multiple bowls & wins, winning at places like Notre Dame & Baylor, and the BE championship & Fiesta Bowl bid in 2011. Uconn would do it again if could get in a Power conference.
Also UConn beat Iowa State in Iowa!

Reaction Score

Because these people are regarded

Reaction Score
Well if it is public, it ain't happening.
Not necessarily true. The UConn to the Big East rumor was posted on the Conference Realignment board before it happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HawleyArmou

Top Bottom