Non-Key Tweets | Page 1019 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
That and, let's face it, the prisoner's dilemma. If we say no, would St. John's/Nova say yes?
With the Big 12 at 16 schools, that would mean not seeing Kansas, Baylor, Houston, et al on a yearly basis in Connecticut. So, does that change the dynamic of being in that conference? I say it does.

Reaction Score
I mean if B12 is dumb enough to give us a 50% share for bball only then you take it.
Big 12 could be claiming the NCAA Basketball Championship 4 years running. Perhaps 5. :cool:

Is MHver3 having flashbacks because I don't see any hypothetical path being mentioned in the real world.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Big 12 could be claiming the NCAA Basketball Championship 4 years running. Perhaps 5. :cool:

Is MHver3 having flashbacks because I don't see any hypothetical path being mentioned in the real world.
MHver3 is the bottom of the barrel in the conference realignment universe. He throws up anything to get attention. He makes the Dude look sane.

Reaction Score
If the payout is double what we are getting then don’t say no chance.
I don't think the university leadership and the governor would see enough value prop if it only doubled BE revenues. I think it would have to be at least 3x with a non-con FB scheduling agreement. At least.

Reaction Score
C.W. Lambert@InsideTheBig12
·
5h
The Big 12 has not vetted Oregon State or Washington State. The Big 12 composition committee has not met to consider new candidates since last year.

·
5h
The fact is that ESPN and Fox have maxed out their allocations for Big 12 rights. They do not have unallocated resources to fund Big 12 expansion and will not until 2031.

C.W. Lamber@InsideTheBig12
·
5h
The Big 12 will not risk harming its relationship with ESPN by expanding without ESPN's approval.

·
5h
The only caveat to this is what happens to the ACC. ESPN would use funds allocated to ACC rights to move schools to the Big 12 should it be necessary. ESPN wouldn't be allocating new money. It would transferring money from the ACC to the Big 12.

·
5h
ESPN and Fox have budgets. The money in their budgets for Big 12 rights has been maxed out. I don't expect them to reallocate resources to cover more expansion unless the ACC falls apart.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If the payout is double what we are getting then don’t say no chance.
I'm not sure that is a much of an incentive unless there is a path to full membership. Keep in mind that the increase travel cost is likely $ 2M +

Reaction Score
MHver3@MHver3
·
1h
As Pac2 continues talks with B12 on 2025 scheduling a pretty significant development on the ACC front emerges. B12 finally knows what the price tag will be to land FSU/Clemson. If you thought we were getting them with equal revenue sharing then you’ve not been paying attention

MHver3@MHver3
·
1h
$75m per year each for conference revenue disbursement (tv monies, CFP monies, ncaa credits, etc).

MHver3@MHver3
·
1h
Yes it’s high. Big12 can pay it in part with private equity (at least until the next tv deal comes around). Will adding them along with a couple of west coast schools and a few more ACC raise the tv profile enough to pay dividends to all members?

MHver3@MHver3
·
1h
There are many things that need to be vetted and researched. But at least the price of admission is clear now. Tick. Tock.

MHver3@MHver3
·
1h
Concurrently, I’m told the ACC was also made aware what the price tag was to keep FSU and Clemson. Surprise: it’s the same number. So there is a chance that the ACC could remain intact-it would come at a great cost to the other schools.

Reaction Score

i used 20% to arrive at in excess of $20million for the B1G however it’s negotiable and if 30% is correct the Big 12 is in play I ruled them out at 20% because costs would
All sports except those not supported and football will go there .
Early season trips to Arizona for baseball , softball and golf are a no brainer. .

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Pretty cool visual of the B1G and SEC Stadiums

That's a really interesting comparison, thanks for posting @Kolumbo.

What struck me was how small Vanderbilt is stadium is, but hey, PAWSARF can at least compete with the smallest in the SEC, so at least there's some hope for us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HawleyArmou

Top Bottom