Non-Key Tweets | Page 1012 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I didn't take anything from anyone. I just threw out the idea of realignment between the P2. And I personally could see why it would be good for Nebraska. You threw out all these wild arguments why it would be bad for Nebraska. So be it.

Less money and tougher competition would be bad for Nebraska.

Reaction Score

This would be very interesting and quite the power play.
Grab West Virginia, Kansas, Cincinnati, and UConn. Plus two of TCU, TTU, Baylor, or OK St.
Shores up Northeast basketball market with 4 blue bloods. Grabs decent share of Texas. Makes Big 12 look like a watered down PAC. And probably appeases FSU and Clemson.
Doubt it happens but would be an excellent counterpunch.

Reaction Score
Grab West Virginia, Kansas, Cincinnati, and UConn. Plus two of TCU, TTU, Baylor, or OK St.
Shores up Northeast basketball market with 4 blue bloods. Grabs decent share of Texas. Makes Big 12 look like a watered down PAC. And probably appeases FSU and Clemson.

Only more money appeases fsu and Clemson

Reaction Score
Only more money appeases fsu and Clemson
Agree. But B1G or SEC is not offering (at least that we know of). And one could argue that speculated line up has more value than what the Big12 would have left. And would not have to pay exit fees.

As I said. I doubt it happens but would be interesting.

Reaction Score

So explain to me why a B12 school is going to want to move to a conference whose 2 most valuable members have openly stated they want out.

Reaction Score
Why the Acc has failed in conference realignment

ACC Football Championships

South Carolina 1
Pitt 1
Louisville 0
Miami 0
Syracuse 0
Boston College 0
Notre Dame 0

Reaction Score
So explain to me why a B12 school is going to want to move to a conference whose 2 most valuable members have openly stated they want out.
Did I start the rumor? No.
Did I say I doubt it would happen? Yes.
Did I say it would be interesting? Yes.

Do you want to argue for the sake of arguing? I don’t, so find someone else.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
The Big12 Twitterati (WVU and Swaim) are out in full force now. It sure seems that they are pushing narratives that really try to make the Big12 look as on level with the Big10 and SEC as possible. Trying to show the one of them (the Big10) is looking as weak.

The Big10/SEC and FSU are in negotiations. Each side is showing just a part of their hands. FSU is showing they have other options (Big12 with help getting them out of their exit fees) while the Big10/SEC stating publicly they don’t need/want to expand or FSU is a rabble rouser. USC held all of the power in 2022. The SEC would have snatched them up in a heartbeat. Oregon and Washington had no leverage. It was the Big10 or a lousy media deal with the PAC or the less desired Big12. FSU will be in either the Big10 or the SEC when they leave. All that’s left is how much of the pie they will get.

Reaction Score
The Big12 Twitterati (WVU and Swaim) are out in full force now. It sure seems that they are pushing narratives that really try to make the Big12 look as on level with the Big10 and SEC as possible. Trying to show the one of them (the Big10) is looking as weak.

The Big10/SEC and FSU are in negotiations. Each side is showing just a part of their hands. FSU is showing they have other options (Big12 with help getting them out of their exit fees) while the Big10/SEC stating publicly they don’t need/want to expand or FSU is a rabble rouser. USC held all of the power in 2022. The SEC would have snatched them up in a heartbeat. Oregon and Washington had no leverage. It was the Big10 or a lousy media deal with the PAC or the less desired Big12. FSU will be in either the Big10 or the SEC when they leave. All that’s left is how much of the pie they will get.
I don't want to see FSU in Big10.
Would much rather see Carolina/Duke or Georgia Tech

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
IMG_3440.jpeg

lol @kobe you guys aren't even earning a full share yet and people already want to dump you.

Kendrick Lamar Reaction GIF by SZA

Reaction Score
Florida State only ends up in the Big XII if it feels it has to save face by leaving the ACC. They're making this move for Big Ten / SEC money to try to remain level with Florida, Alabama, Ohio State, etc; not to remain level with UCF. In fact, UCF approaching their earning level is precisely what prompted FSU to look to move. I do believe that FSU would be in the Big Ten's top-4 picks from the ACC, if that was a direction they were inclined to move. I think Clemson's participation is an attempt to secure their spot as FSU's +1 as if they aren't an elite program, they have nowhere near the value to the Big Ten or SEC.

Reaction Score
Did I start the rumor? No.
Did I say I doubt it would happen? Yes.
Did I say it would be interesting? Yes.

Do you want to argue for the sake of arguing? I don’t, so find someone else.
Plus, it's no secret, all the big players in the ACC and XII want out. They just haven't been invited or are imprisoned.

In the meantime all we can do is speculate. Both conferences have pluses and minuses. Combining the best of both would make it a great conference. They could merge or dissolve and start anew and somehow jettison the drag (bcu). I think the XII is the better situation. 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, literally.

Reaction Score
This would be a disaster for UConn. Fortunately it’s non non non key.
Yes, but this is what the future looks like for college football and how the weak members get kicked away

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
broke boys always love to talk from outside the club. #CL82LikesToWatch

club check GIF
Lol, Do you mean watching like what your team did this year once the NCAA tournament rolled around? I mean, at least when Cronin was your coach you got to play one NCAA tournament game.

First Round Lol GIF by NCAA March Madness

Reaction Score
Lol, Do you mean watching like what your team did this year once the NCAA tournament rolled around? I mean, at least when Cronin was your coach you got to play one NCAA tournament game.

Oh look. The old guys are have GIF off.

Reaction Score
another non----on X, FWIW....

If 8 ACC schools were of a mind to get into the Big12, couldn't they convince ND or another school to vote to dissolve the conference? If the Big12 is so ready to take 8 ACC schools, then couldn't they earmark funds to each school to pay off the 9th to vote to dissolve?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score

don’t worry. when we (big 12, power conference) add clemson and florida state there just might be room for you (uconn, mid major) to join a depleted and gutted acc to reunite with your big brothers boston college and syracuse. keep the faith lil fella!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom