Non-Key Tweets | Page 1010 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There is a big difference between the p12 situation a year ago and today with the ACC. The ACC has a media deal with another year on it and it is very likely to get that deal extended at with an increase (albeit well short of the B1G and SEC) in the next year with espn. The p12 collapsed because it literally had no media deals and the clock was up. Maybe I am wrong, but I think ESPN would rather extend the ACC at a 30 per team level then let it collapse and have to pay more for most of the same schools in an expended power 3.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So the B-12's gambit is that they can convince more than half of the ACC to leave (allowing for those schools to dissolve the conference) just so that they can be part of a ridiculously large B-12, with basically everything else being similar?

A lot of this is people blowing smoke for the sake of blowing smoke.

Reaction Score
So the B-12's gambit is that they can convince more than half of the ACC to leave (allowing for those schools to dissolve the conference) just so that they can be part of a ridiculously large B-12, with basically everything else being similar?

I don't care what happens anymore, including with us, as long as Cuse and BC get left behind and feel the pain deep. Also likely gives us annual regional hate games.

Reaction Score

I think the Big 12 wants to become "too big to fail." They've determined that there will be 3 power conferences and they are determined to be number 3. Maybe seeing their potential demise with the losses of Missou, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and A&M allowed them to be more unified in going after the PAC and ACC.

The Big 12 is A (not THE) bad guy here. They helped blow up the PAC by taking enough schools that others had to follow or be left behind. They could do the same with the ACC.

I personally can't see UConn getting a full spot in the Big 12. I think they've been using us for years. But there may only be a handful of okay programs left in the ACC by the time the Big 12, Big 10 and SEC are done. I don't believe the Big 10 or SEC want to take on any ACC teams now, but they will.

Reaction Score
I think the Big 12 wants to become "too big to fail." They've determined that there will be 3 power conferences and they are determined to be number 3. Maybe seeing their potential demise with the losses of Missou, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and A&M allowed them to be more unified in going after the PAC and ACC.

The Big 12 is A (not THE) bad guy here. They helped blow up the PAC by taking enough schools that others had to follow or be left behind. They could do the same with the ACC.

I personally can't see UConn getting a full spot in the Big 12. I think they've been using us for years. But there may only be a handful of okay programs left in the ACC by the time the Big 12, Big 10 and SEC are done. I don't believe the Big 10 or SEC want to take on any ACC teams now, but they will.
100%.

Reaction Score
In terms of P3 I personally don’t think we will be picked. For our future I think It’s either Big East/indy, Big East merge with ACC remnants, or ACC leftovers. This sucks but football over the last 14 years has really hurt us. 3 terrible hires in a row.

Reaction Score
In terms of P3 I personally don’t think we will be picked. For our future I think It’s either Big East/indy, Big East merge with ACC remnants, or ACC leftovers. This sucks but football over the last 14 years has really hurt us. 3 terrible hires in a row.
Another 100%.

Reaction Score
Looking back to 12 months ago…that was the chance. Unfortunately, the entirety of the PAC12 realized it too.

Reaction Score
Yeah if the networks want to move to a power 3 then we're probably left out. We only hitch a ride if just 2-4 leave the ACC. And at that point the ACC is just an AAC 1.0 with better basketball. Which is fine. We'd probably make $15-$20m annually

Reaction Score
Except, if the sec and big ten are saying no to Clemson and fsu, it’s clearly not just about on field success. Can’t imagine a new landscape without the northeast corridor and our basketball success may just be enough to propel us.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yeah if the networks want to move to a power 3 then we're probably left out. We only hitch a ride if just 2-4 leave the ACC. And at that point the ACC is just an AAC 1.0 with better basketball. Which is fine. We'd probably make $15-$20m annually
Yeah, maybe......but if UConn BB continues anything close to what we have been the last 24 months we ought to get that last ticket.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My evergreen reminder:

People behave strategically.

The B12-FSU/Clem rumor could be
(a) True
(b) Dangled by the B12 (or a member) to lure other ACC teams
(c) Dangled by the B12/Yormark to show its members it's working for them
(d) Dangled by FSU/Clem to make others believe they might be off the market soon
(e) None of the above

(A) seems the least likely to me

Problem with these Twitter dudes is they have no editor or journalism standards that would push them to get multiple sources and not getting played by a 'source' with an agenda.

Or (f) The product of a fever dream of one of the many Internet wannabe conference realignment "experts."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, maybe......but if UConn BB continues anything close to what we have been the last 24 months we ought to get that last ticket.
Logical, but the specter of CR #1 occupies a whole lot of real estate in my head.

I like our chances, somewhat, if the P conferences are expanding membership, but, as we saw with last summer's big 12 dalliance, if it's a contraction there is a predisposition to take from existing members of of the club.

Reaction Score
Stuff being thrown at the wall…

Imagine how desperate you have to be post this.

IMG_5299.jpeg

Reaction Score
It always depended on how big the P2 and now Big 12 want to get. I think some version of the ACC could still be an excellent conference perhaps slotted in between the P3 and G5. PG1 :(

UConn will need to decide if the eventual ACC has enough quality left to make it worth joining
  • UConn
  • ACC remnants
  • AAC callups such as Temple, USF, Tulane
  • MWC? SDSU
  • PAC 2?

Reaction Score
Stuff being thrown at the wall…

Imagine how desperate you have to be post this.

View attachment 102434
With all the CR activity, I was wondering if there would eventually be any movement betwixt the P2. Read some stuff about TAMU. Ohio State and Michigan could cause an earthquake if they went to the SEC, but I think the Academic Alliance is too important. Nebraska on the other hand....

Reaction Score
UConn will need to decide if the eventual ACC has enough quality left to make it worth joining

• ACC remnants
  • PAC 2?
Here's some possible moving parts w/ facility details ( according to Swaim's tweet, FWIW) and what could be left of the ACC, in his game of musical chairs (click to enlarge):

1721318468413.jpeg

Reaction Score
Except, if the sec and big ten are saying no to Clemson and fsu, it’s clearly not just about on field success. Can’t imagine a new landscape without the northeast corridor and our basketball success may just be enough to propel us.

6 ships in 25 years has not been enough. When we get #7 this year does that tilt the scales? I don’t think so.

Reaction Score
6 ships in 25 years has not been enough. When we get #7 this year does that tilt the scales? I don’t think so.
Honestly, it helps. Conferences are saying they want to make more money on basketball and strengthen their basketball profiles. That’s a new thing and we are certainly peaking at the right time on that angle.

We need to win football games and keep basketball on top. It’s always a question as to whether we can compete in football but the bar for football will be even higher if basketball slips. Another dominant basketball season with an Elite 8 or better and a solid comeback for our football team would be ideal.

Reaction Score
With all the CR activity, I was wondering if there would eventually be any movement betwixt the P2. Read some stuff about TAMU. Ohio State and Michigan could cause an earthquake if they went to the SEC, but I think the Academic Alliance is too important. Nebraska on the other hand....

Why would a Big 10 school take a pay cut and move to the SEC?

Reaction Score

Assisted access <<

-> On Wednesday, the school announced that it finished third in in the Men’s Capital One Cup standings, which rank each school in the country based on athletic success across all sports. The Huskies finished 24th in the women’s standings.<-

-> UConn, which took home the men’s basketball national title and had the baseball team advance to the Super Regionals, tied with Clemson for third with 60 points. The third-place finish is the best in school history.

UConn was one of seven schools to rank in the Top 25 on both the men’s and womens’ side.<-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom