Non-Key Tweets | Page 1011 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Here's some possible moving parts w/ facility details ( according to Swaim's tweet, FWIW) and what could be left of the ACC, in his game of musical chairs (click to enlarge):

View attachment 102437
It's weird to put UConn in indy but ND in the ACC to be honest. If we're doing football affiliation, they are also indy

Reaction Score

Assisted access <<

-> On Wednesday, the school announced that it finished third in in the Men’s Capital One Cup standings, which rank each school in the country based on athletic success across all sports. The Huskies finished 24th in the women’s standings.<-

-> UConn, which took home the men’s basketball national title and had the baseball team advance to the Super Regionals, tied with Clemson for third with 60 points. The third-place finish is the best in school history.

UConn was one of seven schools to rank in the Top 25 on both the men’s and womens’ side.<-

It is truly amazing the success UConn has had without P5 resources.

Reaction Score

Assisted access <<

-> On Wednesday, the school announced that it finished third in in the Men’s Capital One Cup standings, which rank each school in the country based on athletic success across all sports. The Huskies finished 24th in the women’s standings.<-

-> UConn, which took home the men’s basketball national title and had the baseball team advance to the Super Regionals, tied with Clemson for third with 60 points. The third-place finish is the best in school history.

UConn was one of seven schools to rank in the Top 25 on both the men’s and womens’ side.<-

None of this ever matters. And the schools who do nothing are grandfathered in P4 conferences and collecting millions. None of it makes sense anymore.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
None of this ever matters. And the schools who do nothing are grandfathered in P4 conferences and collecting millions. None of it makes sense anymore.
Absolutely. It's more like a Pyrrhic victory...yeah we got a bronze for the Capital One Cup...who gives a cr@p?! Did it come with a Px invitation or extra funding for our athletic programs? No, then it's worth as much as used toilet paper. I hate sounding defeatist, but CR has nothing to do with our accolades (including BBall championships).

Reaction Score
It's weird to put UConn in indy but ND in the ACC to be honest. If we're doing football affiliation, they are also indy
Well that's why I had them right under the ACC, as a half in program( who's been playing a partial ACC FB schedule for the last decade).
But if the ACC did end up with only the 7 or so remnants left, as in the post I responded to, you have to wonder which direction Notre Dame would go too ? Join a (full in) conference somewhere ? Or at that point does Notre Dame go complete Indy FB again and maybe even back with their Catholic brethren in the Big East for everything else.

If one thing's for certain with the ACC lawsuits, Pac 2, etc, it still seems like there's a lot of moving parts.

Reaction Score
That is such a short-term simplistic question.

No it’s grounded in reality.

It’s Big 10 alums on both coasts that control everything. The B1G will always have the upper hand.

Reaction Score

Assisted access <<

Next year we are going to win the FA Cup.

Reaction Score
Nebraska on the other hand....

.... what?

Whether NE feels kinship with it's BiG members is irrelevant, because there's a better chance I surpass Bill Gates's wealth, than the SEC having any interest in a rural has-been.

Reaction Score
Why would a Big 10 school take a pay cut and move to the SEC?
Why would the SEC have interest in a school that has finished in the top 20 once in the last two decades, and whose largest metro area isn't even in the top 50?

Reaction Score
No it’s grounded in reality.

It’s Big 10 alums on both coasts that control everything. The B1G will always have the upper hand.
Why would the SEC have interest in a school that has finished in the top 20 once in the last two decades, and whose largest metro area isn't even in the top 50?
Geez you guys really are like vultures. I bring up a query about whether a program would want to switch conferences between the P2 and you get wrapped up on Nebraska. I mean if that is your basis for shooting down a question, have at it

I throw out Nebraska, an old-time college football blue-blood and you guys treat it like Rutgers. Forget the fact that there are dozens of reasons a program might prefer the opposite conference over its current one

Metro Area? We're talking about the SEC! I get it though. Norman, Jackson, and Mississippi State are like Gotham compared to Lincoln

Top 20? Once in 20 years?! I don't know about that. Gee, you think Nebraska joining the B1G didn't have an effect? Would going back to playing in Oklahoma and Texas regularly help recruiting, maybe? In Florida? Georgia?

Revenue? I didn't know the B1G payout was so much more than the SEC with a fixed differential forevermore

B1G alums control everything? Oh, OK. I suppose actually being a better football conference is meaningless in CR. Yes, recruiting in the mid-west is the ticket to success for Nebraska. Being the only non-AAU school in the conference is gravy

Bonus: Baseball

OK, forget Nebraska. Go ahead and discuss the other 33 programs now

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Maybe Maryland....that's the only one I could envision
I believe there was a time last November that many Michigan alumni were talking about leaving the Big10. It didn’t last long, but there was certainly anger toward Tony Petiti and certain members of the Big10.

Reaction Score
Geez you guys really are like vultures. I bring up a query about whether a program would want to switch conferences between the P2 and you get wrapped up on Nebraska. I mean if that is your basis for shooting down a question, have at it

I throw out Nebraska, an old-time college football blue-blood and you guys treat it like Rutgers. Forget the fact that there are dozens of reasons a program might prefer the opposite conference over its current one

Metro Area? We're talking about the SEC! I get it though. Norman, Jackson, and Mississippi State are like Gotham compared to Lincoln

Top 20? Once in 20 years?! I don't know about that. Gee, you think Nebraska joining the B1G didn't have an effect? Would going back to playing in Oklahoma and Texas regularly help recruiting, maybe? In Florida? Georgia?

Revenue? I didn't know the B1G payout was so much more than the SEC with a fixed differential forevermore

B1G alums control everything? Oh, OK. I suppose actually being a better football conference is meaningless in CR. Yes, recruiting in the mid-west is the ticket to success for Nebraska. Being the only non-AAU school in the conference is gravy

Bonus: Baseball

OK, forget Nebraska. Go ahead and discuss the other 33 programs now

Why would Nebraska take a pay cut and get their butts kicked in the SEC?

Reaction Score
Why would Nebraska take a pay cut and get their butts kicked in the SEC?
Why would Nebraska want to play in the best football conference in the best football recruiting area of the country playing its best football rivals while becoming elite again? Those are simple questions Zoo.

Reaction Score
I'm a huge soccer fan and college sports could definitely use some promotion/relegation like they have over in Europe. No doubt in my mind we would soon replace one of these dregs that never win anything and were grandfathered in. For example, Kansas State has NEVER won a national title in any team sport, but what a phenomenal "power conference" school they are, am I right? What a joke.

Reaction Score
Why would Nebraska want to play in the best football conference in the best football recruiting area of the country playing its best football rivals while becoming elite again? Those are simple questions Zoo.

They are moving the campus into the southeast?

The SEC Commish just said they aren’t looking.

Why are you pushing this? It’s strange as hell.

Reaction Score
They are moving the campus into the southeast?

The SEC Commish just said they aren’t looking.

Why are you pushing this? It’s strange as hell.
Dude, I'm not pushing anything. But you continue to bring up arguments which make no sense whatsover in CR anyway. Haven't you heard? USC joined a midwest/east coast conference.

Reaction Score
Dude, I'm not pushing anything. But you continue to bring up arguments which make no sense whatsover in CR anyway. Haven't you heard? USC joined a midwest/east coast conference.

You literally took some bogus info from an MHVER tweet and ran with it.

Nobody is leaving the Big 10 voluntarily dude.

Reaction Score

Yeah. Of all the schools in the Big 10. Why this one? Good grief. Maybe the SEC wants the Volleyball or a cupcake hoop program.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Of all the schools in the Big 10. Why this one? Good grief. Maybe the SEC wants the Volleyball or a cupcake hoop program.

A lot of Southern drinks and sweets do rely on corn syrup .....

Reaction Score
You literally took some bogus info from an MHVER tweet and ran with it.

Nobody is leaving the Big 10 voluntarily dude.
I didn't take anything from anyone. I just threw out the idea of realignment between the P2. And I personally could see why it would be good for Nebraska. You threw out all these wild arguments why it would be bad for Nebraska. So be it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom