Non-Key Tweets | Page 1008 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Why end of summer or mid September? Is it expected if the ACC falls apart then it would take before then and we are basically the back up (again...)?
The football season takes precedence.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'll one up you, tailgating in New England on a crisp October morning at 6-0 and ranked in the top 25. Just support the team.
Lol, don't ask questions if you don't want to know the answer. ;)

For what it's worth, there are a lot of reasons to be optimistic about the team this year. Of course, reasons to be optimistic in July are often easier to come by than reasons to be optimistic in October.

Reaction Score
If the Big 12 get FSU, Clemson and (name any two ACC schools) in the next 12 months I will delete my account.
It actually says “at least 4 to join Clemson and FSU in the B12”. Basically, that would kill the ACC.

Reaction Score
Time for UConn to push Val to go on the offensive and start reaching out to beef up the Big East when the crap hits the fan and show them they can either join the conference that has half of the last 10 NCAA championships in basketball, or they can stay in the ACC with whatever G5 teams they backfill with that has no pull in football or basketball. Would make Big East football a thing again.

We've been waiting for a decade for someone to throw a life line to us.. screw it. Time to build it ourselves.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Time for UConn to push Val to go on the offensive and start reaching out to beef up the Big East when the crap hits the fan and show them they can either join the conference that has half of the last 10 NCAA championships in basketball, or they can stay in the ACC with whatever G5 teams they backfill with that has no pull in football or basketball. Would make Big East football a thing again.

We've been waiting for a decade for someone to throw a life line to us.. screw it. Time to build it ourselves.
So all the schools that separated themselves from the football schools around a decade ago are just going to vote to add football schools back to the conference?

Reaction Score
Assuming it's true (which it's not), what four teams would join the B12 with FSU and Clemson. Doubting UNC, Notre Dame, or UVA who would wait for B1G/SEC. Pitt, VA Tech, Louisville, and Miami? I also don't see the 24 team conferences that many people are envisioning. I think 20 is going to be the sweet spot, possibly 22.

Reaction Score
So all the schools that separated themselves from the football schools around a decade ago are just going to vote to add football schools back to the conference?
Times have changed in the last decade. We just saw the new media deal isn't going to solve the budget deficit we deal with every year. If it brings more money to the conference, why would the basketball only schools complain? They don't have to do anything except keep doing the same thing they've been doing.. concentrate on basketball. "You're gonna pay me more money and I don't have to do anything?" If we could get former Big East basketball members back in Cuse, Pitt or BC and make a pitch to get someone like Duke added to the basketball side of things, why would you turn that down? Maybe our new media partners would be receptive to kicking in more funding with the addition of a slate of football games and gives those schools a path to the playoff that don't involve having to try and beat FSU, Clemson, Michigan or Alabama every year. Have the discussion and see what their appetite is. If the numbers don't work, then they don't work and you bury the idea.

Right now, football being independent is a drag on the AD so it seems we're constantly looking for that escape hatch. The Big East doesn't want UConn to leave. We've got the hot hand and the other schools seem to be trending in the right direction, but right now we're the bell cow. I don't think anybody in UConn wants UConn to leave Big East basketball either. So how does the conference end the constant discussion of UConn leaving at the first jump. If that happens, what happens to the conferences new media deal? Do they cut funding if UConn is gone?

What we've repeatedly seen since 2013 is that, we're not invited to the party.. yet this board is constantly looking in the mailbox for the invitation. Maybe it's time we start looking into what it takes to throw our own party and pull a Jerry Maguire.

If you haven't guessed, this is my elaborately planned scheme to get Clemson and FSU into the Big East. Eat your heart out Yormark.

Reaction Score
I just took a wrong turn onto crazy street.

Wandering through the various boards' realignment threads, I find myself to be one of those lost guys, walking down the sidewalk gesturing and talking to invisible people.

Warning...a diet of realignment talk must highly correlate with the onset of delusional schizophrenia. Football season will be the cure.

Reaction Score
It actually says “at least 4 to join Clemson and FSU in the B12”. Basically, that would kill the ACC.
Wouldn’t those schools have to pay at least $900 million in exit fees and GOR buyout? Those remaining schools are going to be flush with cash to put a group together.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t those schools have to pay at least $900 million in exit fees and GOR buyout? Those remaining schools are going to be flush with cash to put a group together.
Unless the conference is dissolved.

Reaction Score
Unless the conference is dissolved.
If I am FSU or Clemson, I would work to dissolve the conference by getting 8 or 9 ACC schools into the B12. I would not sign a long term GOR, but would try to get into the SEC or the B1G within a few years while being in the B12. This is assuming the payout would be decent with existing media partners if the B12 add 8 or 9 ACC teams.

That would be my plan to save hundreds of millions of dollars in exit fees.

Reaction Score
If the Big 12 get FSU, Clemson and (name any two ACC schools) in the next 12 months I will delete my account.
Assuming it's true (which it's not), what four teams would join the B12 with FSU and Clemson. Doubting UNC, Notre Dame, or UVA who would wait for B1G/SEC. Pitt, VA Tech, Louisville, and Miami? I also don't see the 24 team conferences that many people are envisioning. I think 20 is going to be the sweet spot, possibly 22.
I don’t understand these reactions.
1) This is what needs to happen for UConn to finally join the ACC (or for the BE to merge)
2) if 6 teams leave it would be a watered down ACC with 11 teams plus UConn as #12 but it wouldn’t be “destroyed”
3) if 6 teams join the big12 it would be 22 teams not 24 and ND is the only school that has an open invite to the BIG so why wouldn’t UNC and UVA join big12? If the BIG wanted elite academic schools with strong football tradition they woulda taken Cal & Stanford too

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If I am FSU or Clemson, I would work to dissolve the conference by getting 8 or 9 ACC schools into the B12. I would not sign a long term GOR, but would try to get into the SEC or the B1G within a few years while being in the B12. This is assuming the payout would be decent with existing media partners if the B12 add 8 or 9 ACC teams.

I think that ship sailed when the PAC 12 imploded and the Big 12 went to 16 with the Corner 4. Similarly though, FSU and Clemson could work to dissolve the ACC and have all the members create a new ACC without the GOR. That would have been easier before Calford came on board, and you'd have to have BCU, Wake etc buy in, and I'm sure they wouldn't. Some would then be free to leave if the P2 came calling and the remnants would have to finally accept that they will be in a lesser ACC.

Reaction Score
If I am FSU or Clemson, I would work to dissolve the conference by getting 8 or 9 ACC schools into the B12. I would not sign a long term GOR, but would try to get into the SEC or the B1G within a few years while being in the B12. This is assuming the payout would be decent with existing media partners if the B12 add
That would be entirely up to ESPN to decide.
It isn’t what the conferences want. It is what the networks want.
ESPN controls everything and continues to suck at the teat of the Connecticut taxpayers unabated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom