Non-Key Tweets | Page 1007 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Jon Grove@jongrove02
KSU 2025 - Executive Sports Producer at @Wildcat919FM, Host of @CatAttackPod
, 2024 KAB Award Winner for On Air Personality, Storm Chasing Enthusiast.

you sob.gif

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There is actually some truth behind it as far as I know.

I’m not saying it will result in anything.

The only way a rumor to be true is for it to happen???

Unless you are saying it's true there is a rumor without attaching any truth to the content of the rumor.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There is actually some truth behind it as far as I know.

I’m not saying it will result in anything.
Lol you are killing me. What does this mean? Does it mean that you're aware, at some level, that there have been actual recent discussions regarding Connecticut joining the big 12? Does it mean that 1 of the towel guys at your local car wash mumbled something about Huskies will be a great big 12 team and then winked as you as he was drying your rims? What? What was it?
Matt Smith Talk GIF by Doctor Who

Reaction Score
Agree. At least Yormark recognizes that BB is undervalued & the sees the value of adding one of the top BB brands & expanding into the northeast. We’re hearing more about P2’s interest in NC & Kansas.

And yet despite all the noise about the ACC’s best BB brands being coveted by the P2 & B12, the ACC isn’t proactive enough to try to lure Uconn & take the top available brand off the board for the B12. They really deserve to go down like the PAC did.

The B12’s basketball reputation is also at risk if Kansas is lured away by one of the P2.
I wouldn't count on Yormark to throw out a life raft...or ESPN for that matter. DeFillipo was right about ESPN pulling all the strings.

Reaction Score
Lol you are killing me. What does this mean? Does it mean that you're aware, at some level, that there have been actual recent discussions regarding Connecticut joining the big 12? Does it mean that 1 of the towel guys at your local car wash mumbled something about Huskies will be a great big 12 team and then winked as you as he was drying your rims? What? What was it?

I means what it means.

Plus there was a Ross Dellenger article the other day that is highly credible.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I’ve heard the same thing…. But what does it mean? It means they are talking- but it’s far from over yet, so we all have to sit tight. We had a seat one year ago and then we didn’t. Let’s hope it works out this time. There is really nothing more to it at this point. Lets hope that by week zero, or perhaps by mid Sept a resolution is at hand.

Reaction Score
I’ve heard the same thing…. But what does it mean? It means they are talking- but it’s far from over yet, so we all have to sit tight. We had a seat one year ago and then we didn’t. Let’s hope it works out this time. There is really nothing more to it at this point. Lets hope that by week zero, or perhaps by mid Sept a resolution is at hand.

This is aligned with the little that I know.

CL82

Reaction Score
I means what it means.

Plus there was a Ross Dellenger article the other day that is highly credible.
Yeah but the Dellenger article is pretty vague faint praise, at best.

CL82

Reaction Score
I will take "they are talking" as an acceptable answer. That's actually saying something, without saying much.

Reaction Score
I will take "they are talking" as an acceptable answer. That's actually saying something, without saying much.
But he had to crawl through god awful stuff to get there ! LOL

Reaction Score
As much as id prefer to be part of a mostly intact ACC from a regional and rivalry perspective, the Big XII really is the best place we could get into. The stability and money alone would be worth so much. If you could promise me the ACC will stick together through 2036 minus FSU and Clemson, it's a better fit, but I just find that so unlikely

Reaction Score
As much as id prefer to be part of a mostly intact ACC from a regional and rivalry perspective, the Big XII really is the best place we could get into. The stability and money alone would be worth so much. If you could promise me the ACC will stick together through 2036 minus FSU and Clemson, it's a better fit, but I just find that so unlikely.
That plus the fact that the ACC has passed us over so many times. That sours me on the ACC.

Reaction Score
As much as id prefer to be part of a mostly intact ACC from a regional and rivalry perspective, the Big XII really is the best place we could get into. The stability and money alone would be worth so much. If you could promise me the ACC will stick together through 2036 minus FSU and Clemson, it's a better fit, but I just find that so unlikely

I think we’re right back to where we were last summer.

Bait. And basically a backup plan. Only if the primary doesn’t work out they might not execute the backup plan.

But possibly what might be unfolding is just my guess based on what I have read (not what I have heard).

Yormark if you listen to him has conceded that they won’t be the #1 football conference. But the next best thing is being the #1 Basketball Conference.

If you can get a basketball league that has the Big 12’s current cast plus UConn and Hurley you have a product that could basically be heads and shoulders above anyone and everyone. You might even rival the NBA in viewers.

He wants to decouple Football and Basketball rights, and let’s face it. The networks have been getting basketball at a bargain.

I think this is where he is going and why the interest is persistent.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well- I’ll take the first offer or the first offer that isn’t the SMU offer.

Reaction Score
@ZooCougar said he heard they were talking before any of this started to leak. Someone said he should have created a fake account to troll but then soon after it came out they're is renewed interest. We've been through this so much its too hard to get excited but hey, its better than not even being an afterthought.

Reaction Score
@ZooCougar said he heard they were talking before any of this started to leak. Someone said he should have created a fake account to troll but then soon after it came out they're is renewed interest. We've been through this so much its too hard to get excited but hey, its better than not even being an afterthought.

Winter
Spring
Summer
UConn getting screwed over
Fall

Reaction Score
I think we’re right back to where we were last summer.

Bait. And basically a backup plan. Only if the primary doesn’t work out they might not execute the backup plan.

But possibly what might be unfolding is just my guess based on what I have read (not what I have heard).

Yormark if you listen to him has conceded that they won’t be the #1 football conference. But the next best thing is being the #1 Basketball Conference.

If you can get a basketball league that has the Big 12’s current cast plus UConn and Hurley you have a product that could basically be heads and shoulders above anyone and everyone. You might even rival the NBA in viewers.

He wants to decouple Football and Basketball rights, and let’s face it. The networks have been getting basketball at a bargain.

I think this is where he is going and why the interest is persistent.
I definitely think we're bait, too, but I'm not as certain the ACC is going to totally implode as much as the PAC did. That was obvious from a mile away. I still think the ACC does blow up and that another 4-6 go to the Big XII but I'm at 90% chance instead of 99.9% chance. Some schools might realize they're better off sticking together or be left out like WSU and Oregon State, and there are more schools thats likely to happen to out of the ACC. If it wasn't for politics 4 schools would have been left behind from the PAC. I also think we could be a school that sneaks in if Yormark gets us. If he goes to the schools and says "look, I got you Colorado, Utah, ASU, Arizona, Miami, Virginia Tech and Pitt - let me have UConn to complete my vision"

Reaction Score
Why end of summer or mid September? Is it expected if the ACC falls apart then it would take before then and we are basically the back up (again...)?

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Is it expected if the ACC falls apart then it would take before then and we are basically the back up to the back up to the back up (again...)?
Slightly reworded your post to be consistent with last year's snafu. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom