Non-Key Tweets | Page 1005 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Listening to Greg Flugaur, apparently Josh Pate said that he's hearing that something will happen by the end of this week. On twitter, Josh Pate said it was contraction, not expansion.

Reaction Score
If Clemson and FSU exit fees are as big as expected, anyone leaving the ACC would be looking at a huge expense, both in their own exit fees and foregone exit fees from other schools. The SEC and Big 10 may justify that kind of expense, but I don’t see joining the Big 12 justifying that kind of expense.

This is a good point.

Reaction Score
Listening to Greg Flugaur, apparently Josh Pate said that he's hearing that something will happen by the end of this week. On twitter, Josh Pate said it was contraction, not expansion.

So does that mean FSU and Clemson leave the ACC and become Indy until they can get an invite somewhere? ACC condenses and nobody else expands

Reaction Score
Warchant's Owner/Publisher made a statement today when queried about all of the twitterati and their differing inside sources...

Nothing has changed since FSU filed its suit vs. the ACC. As such, there's nothing to comment on. My understanding is that FSU has an informal invite to the B1G. But until there's some clarification with the litigation, or until a settlement is forthcoming, I don't expect any relevant info. to come out.

Frankly, I don't buy any recent "info leaks" because there's nothing to leak. The few at the top making decisions certainly aren't going to give the scoop to so-called insiders while there's litigation pending.

Trust me, if there were even somewhat viable rumors to run with we'd be all over it. We could have made a killing racking up subs and clicks if we put out all the FSU conference garbage that's been on social media the past year.

Reaction Score
If the Big XII took six from the ACC it would be a pretty smart play. You remove your competition to free up more dollars for your member schools, protect your conference long term, and can go to a true two division/conference setup which would give you more potential playoff teams.

The only way this would be good for us is if six teams go from the ACC and UNC is not one of those six. UNC goes to the B1G and somehow Utah gets invited to keep the numbers even. Then there's one more spot in the Big XII
His theories about the B1G and the AAU couldn't be more wrong. Nebraska was added after Michigan and Wisconsin ousted them from the AAU in committee.

Reaction Score
Cal averaged 42,800 for football last year. I suspect that their ACC games will have decent attendance based on the novelty effect.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
His theories about the B1G and the AAU couldn't be more wrong. Nebraska was added after Michigan and Wisconsin ousted them from the AAU in committee.
Actually, I thought they were ousted just after they became a member of the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
Actually, I thought they were ousted just after they became a member of the Big Ten.
Yes. My understanding is that it was known that Michigan and Wisconsin were about to oust them from the AAU when they voted to invite them to the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
The official ouster, yes. The committee that recommended their ouster delivered its verdict an entire year before that. UM President at the time chaired that committee, and UWisconsin was 2nd chair.

The entire B1G knew that Nebraska was out of the AAU before they joined.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HawleyArmou

Top Bottom