Non-Key Tweets | Page 1006 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The guy in the turquoise polo needs to understand the difference between an option and a preference.

Yes, their preferences in order would be P-2; a reduced membership ACC and the B-12. What those are not is options. If a spot in a P-2 conference were an option, they have accepted by now.

Reaction Score
If anything was "accepted" it would be an informal offer while litigation is ongoing and that offer would be contingent on Clemson/FSU having media rights free and clear.

I believe, like in most cases like this, there is an "understanding"...Heck..Texas A&M didn't even know ahead of time that Texas was invited to the SEC...

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Texas A&M, their biggest and most hated rival that they had been avoiding since discontinuing the Lone Star Showdown, the Texas Longhorns, have possibly been having secret meetings with Greg Sankey and the rest of the conference with the intentions of joining the SEC. As reported by ESPN, Texas A&M athletic director Ross Bjork expressed the school was not involved in any conversations on the matter, hinting at the fact they were unaware.

Prominent Big 12 source tells the American-Statesman the Texas-OU move to the SEC is almost done. "They've been working on this for a minimum of 6 months, and the A&M leadership was left out of discussions and wasn't told about it." Move could become official in a week.

Reaction Score
SDSU wanted to go to the Pac 12...or the Big 12....and they said "we gone".

A big difference here is that the MWC said..."OK sports...you are out, then" and there were no takers.

The ACC is fighting to keep FSU...if the conference threatened to throw FSU out....well, we know how that would go. Kind of like the Pharoah saying..."If you guys don't stop rabble rousing, I'll kick you out of Egypt".

I guess one could choose to think that FSU would not have a landing spot...Me? I think that they will. Even if they have to wander in the desert a while as an independent, they would do so before staying in the ACC.

It has never been a happy marriage and is irretrievably broken. The only question I think remains is whether you marry again for love (SEC), money (B1G), or expediency (maybe Big 12).

Reaction Score
But the twitterati seem to all just roll out of bed and think..."what can I post and get clicks"...

The latest

Reaction Score
Here is another story. I believe the ACC will need 8 to disband the conference to get everyone out of the GOR. They need to find homes for 2 more schools.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I believe it becomes 9 needed on August 1st.
If that's true, I wonder if this includes Notre Dame.

I assume it does.

If so, you have Virginia and Notre Dame to the B1G.

I also assume the B1G wouldn't want to stop there. They'd want UNC as well, which would have to be paired up with another school (Miami, FSU, Duke, Virginia Tech, NC State, etc.)

Regardless, the dissolution would have to happen quickly before August 1st, because otherwise, there is little chance that 9 would leave or that 9 would find as much money outside the ACC.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Here is another story. I believe the ACC will need 8 to disband the conference to get everyone out of the GOR. They need to find homes for 2 more schools.

How messed up is that; in 2 years it's possible that 2 major conferences get blown up into virtual nonexistence, meanwhile the B12, which was on life support after the TexOka defections, comes out as the clear #3 conference (until the P2 take what they want). And as usual, UConn is feeling like this:

Good thing I have the Mets to let me down and divert my attention from CR woes.

Reaction Score
The ACC members should vote to dissolve with an invitation to the Big 12 in hand. Then the Big 12 invites a couple of others, UConn & USF, although CR#1 would dictate they take the Pac 2. The Big 12 will have 36 members which can be sliced 3 ways with promotion/relegation within the divisions. They can figure out who makes how much and when. Time for the programs to earn their way if they think they are so valuable. Also gives them the option to put football and basketball in different divisions within one conference.

The Big 12 Divisions are:
The Big 12
The Bigger 12
The Biggest 12

B1G 18
SEC 16

KryHavok

Reaction Score
The ACC members should vote to dissolve with an invitation to the Big 12 in hand. Then the Big 12 invites a couple of others, UConn & USF, although CR#1 would dictate they take the Pac 2. The Big 12 will have 36 members which can be sliced 3 ways with promotion/relegation within the divisions. They can figure out who makes how much and when. Time for the programs to earn their way if they think they are so valuable. Also gives them the option to put football and basketball in different divisions within one conference.

The Big 12 Divisions are:
The Big 12
The Bigger 12
The Biggest 12

B1G 18
SEC 16
Honestly, I kinda like this idea.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
At the moment Yormark is sending shots across the bow of the ACC primarily because he can. In and of itself it will accomplish little beyond some press during a summer lull.

I would be amazed if members of the ACC call an expedited vote (to be the August 1 additions to the conference) and I sero=iously doubt that there would be enough votes to dissolve the conference either way. There are schools that know they won't have a home close to equal to the current ACC and there are schools who really aren't sure if they would find a landing spot. We can project all we want about what a 24 member B-12 would look like but at some point well before 24, there diminshing returns of added content would make it a net loss per B-12 school to add the last few ACC members needed to destroy that conference.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
At the moment Yormark is sending shots across the bow of the ACC primarily because he can. In and of itself it will accomplish little beyond some press during a summer lull.

I would be amazed if members of the ACC call an expedited vote (to be the August 1 additions to the conference) and I sero=iously doubt that there would be enough votes to dissolve the conference either way. There are schools that know they won't have a home close to equal to the current ACC and there are schools who really aren't sure if they would find a landing spot. We can project all we want about what a 24 member B-12 would look like but at some point well before 24, there diminshing returns of added content would make it a net loss per B-12 school to add the last few ACC members needed to destroy that conference.
Is it a net loss if The Big12 removes the only competition for the #3 spot? If they effectively end the ACC, they will stand alone at #3 and no one else is even close. The diminishing returns might not be so the next contract renegotiation. By giving Colorado their “signing bonus” to move before the media deal was presented, they have already succeeded in eliminating the PAC. I’m pretty sure they would do the same to the ACC. An ACC with Duke, Cuse, BC, WF, GT and Pitt is not a threat to the Big12 for football. Think about the renewed interest in UConn. Preemptively taking the one program that could replace UNC in basketball clout. It seems Yormark is playing 3D chess while the PAC and now ACC is playing Go Fish.

Reaction Score
Is it a net loss if The Big12 removes the only competition for the #3 spot? If they effectively end the ACC, they will stand alone at #3 and no one else is even close. The diminishing returns might not be so the next contract renegotiation. By giving Colorado their “signing bonus” to move before the media deal was presented, they have already succeeded in eliminating the PAC. I’m pretty sure they would do the same to the ACC. An ACC with Duke, Cuse, BC, WF, GT and Pitt is not a threat to the Big12 for football. Think about the renewed interest in UConn. Preemptively taking the one program that could replace UNC in basketball clout. It seems Yormark is playing 3D chess while the PAC and now ACC is playing Go Fish.
It was $2m signing bonus.

We're talking about hundreds of millions of dollars here.

Reaction Score
A lot of "stuff" going on...disinformation by click baiters..

And some maybe deliberate....

Psychological operations (PSYOP) are operations to convey selected information and indicators to audiences to influence their motives and objective reasoning, and ultimately the behavior of governments, organizations, groups, and large foreign powers.

I give Yormark and Sankey credit for being the two best Commissioners at furthering their conference's interests....Yormark is determined to position the Big 12 favorably.

In contrast, Phillips at the ACC has been in a desperation mode...

Phillips savings right now has been that North Carolina politics is discouraging potential conferences while the NC BOT dither around in UNC's ability to leave the ACC...The ACC accounts for $100s of millions to the state according to insiders (taxes, visitors to championships, etc). The NC BOT, supposedly is looking out for the "state system of colleges". The guys on Western Mounatin Youtube said that if FSU-Clemson left, they had heard from their sauce there would be a push to replace with App State-ECU . cue emoji for eyes rolling.

KryHavok

Reaction Score
It never ends from these guys....WTF is this about ???? and why would Cincy, SMH !

By sources, does that mean it's some jobless college kid posting something on TikTok, maybe somebody Kobe ticked off?

Reaction Score
Agree. At least Yormark recognizes that BB is undervalued & the sees the value of adding one of the top BB brands & expanding into the northeast. We’re hearing more about P2’s interest in NC & Kansas.

And yet despite all the noise about the ACC’s best BB brands being coveted by the P2 & B12, the ACC isn’t proactive enough to try to lure Uconn & take the top available brand off the board for the B12. They really deserve to go down like the PAC did.

The B12’s basketball reputation is also at risk if Kansas is lured away by one of the P2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom