No threads on the HS playoffs? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

No threads on the HS playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gotta disagree with ya huskyrob1. I'd say in the last decade the SCC has most cetainly been the best conference in the state top to bottom, especially with Xavier's resurgence over the past 7 years.
Just click on the link I provided below. You can say all you want about how great you feel the SCC has been in CIAC post season play but the fact is from 1976 which is when the CIAC playoffs started until now the FCIAC has ruled the roost.

Reaction Score
Just click on the link I provided below. You can say all you want about how great you feel the SCC has been in CIAC post season play but the fact is from 1976 which is when the CIAC playoffs started until now the FCIAC has ruled the roost.
Notice how I said "last decade", not since 1976. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the state playoffs really only started in the 1980s, so going back that far really doesn't aid your argument.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score

Rob, i don't even have a horse in this race, nor do I really care what the best league in Connecticut High School Football is. However, I feel compelled!

According to the Connecticut Sports Writers 2011 Record Book (pg 54) the SCC has been to 70 State Finals and won 44 and FCIAC has been to 72 and won 42. Once again I am going to have to call a BS on your post, if anyone has "ruled the roost" it would slightly be the SCC.

http://www.ctsportswriters.org/11_CT_FB_Records.pdf

Reaction Score
Notice how I said "last decade", not since 1976. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the state playoffs really only started in the 1980s, so going back that far really doesn't aid your argument.
With all due respect, you are mistaken, the state CIAC football playoffs began in 1976.

Reaction Score
Rob, i don't even have a horse in this race, nor do I really care what the best league in Connecticut High School Football is. However, I feel compelled!

According to the Connecticut Sports Writers 2011 Record Book (pg 54) the SCC has been to 70 State Finals and won 44 and FCIAC has been to 72 and won 42. Once again I am going to have to call a BS on your post, if anyone has "ruled the roost" it would slightly be the SCC.

http://www.ctsportswriters.org/11_CT_FB_Records.pdf
Well Nadav thanks for your input but don't believe everything you read. Yes it's true the FCIAC went to 72 state finals and won 42, I just counted them from the link below that I provided. Strange thing though I counted CIAC finals victories for SCC teams and only counted 38, I'll count them again but I think it's correct.

http://www.casciac.org/pdfs/champions_football.pdf

Reaction Score
Well Nadav thanks for your input but don't believe everything you read. Yes it's true the FCIAC went to 72 state finals and won 42, I just counted them from the link below that I provided. Strange thing though I counted CIAC finals victories for SCC teams and only counted 38, I'll count them again but I think it's correct.

Counted it again and that's a lot of BS, the SCC doesn't have 44 victories. They have 38 or 39. Nadav, maybe you don't have a horse in this race but I do smell a lot of horse dung, but thanks for feeling "compelled" though. I think whoever counted for your "record book" counted championships by Fairfield Prep when they were good back in the 70's and 80's but long before they joined your invincible SCC. Now that they're in the SCC they suck.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Go Conard? Go CCC? What do I know, I played hockey.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Go Conard? Go CCC? What do I know, I played hockey.
if you played hockey then you know that fairfield prep is the shizniz!:D and hamden sucks!!! lol

nadav

Reaction Score
Counted it again and that's a lot of BS, the SCC doesn't have 44 victories. They have 38 or 39. Nadav, maybe you don't have a horse in this race but I do smell a lot of horse dung, but thanks for feeling "compelled" though. I think whoever counted for your "record book" counted championships by Fairfield Prep when they were good back in the 70's and 80's but long before they joined your invincible SCC. Now that they're in the SCC they suck.

Ok so Fairfield Prep doesn't count for the SCC? then St Joseph's doesn't count for FCIAC until 1995? I don't think you want to play that game. I get (now) that you are that guy who can't be wrong, even when you are blatantly wrong -- so I guess I will have to leave it at that.

FYI: It wasn't my "record book", it was the Connecticut Sports Writer's Alliance -- established in 1939. They have a bit more credibility than you.

Reaction Score
Ok so Fairfield Prep doesn't count for the SCC? then St Joseph's doesn't count for FCIAC until 1995? I don't think you want to play that game. I get (now) that you are that guy who can't be wrong, even when you are blatantly wrong -- so I guess I will have to leave it at that.

FYI: It wasn't my "record book", it was the Connecticut Sports Writer's Alliance -- established in 1939. They have a bit more credibility than you.
Yeah right, blatantly wrong. JUST LOOK AT THE NUMBERS, the FCIAC trumps the SCC. Give credit where credit is due or just jump on the "I love the SCC bandwagon" like you did. Talk about credibility while claiming not to have a "horse in this race".

nadav

Reaction Score
I am more on the, "I can't stand obnoxious posters" bandwagon. Shelton joined in 1994 when the league was FORMED and ALL of their titles appear to be post 1994...you ready to part with St Joe's 8 pre FCIAC titles yet???

Reaction Score

Oh yeah, well I do question the credibility of any writer (maybe you?) who counted 44 victories attributed to the SCC going all the way back to 1976 when we all know the SCC wasn't even formed until 1994. Like I said there has been a lot of horse dung and plain unfairness when writers from upstate over the years have wrote about upstate and middle state schools vs those around Bridgeport and points southwest. All I say is give credit where credit is due and let the facts taken from the results on the gridiron, speak for themselves.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The league was formed in 1994, when 20 schools came together from four different leagues:

District League
Wilbur Cross, Hillhouse, Hamden, West Haven
Housatonic League
Amity, Branford, Cheshire, Derby, East Haven, Lyman Hall, North Haven, Sheehan, Shelton
Shoreline Conference
Guilford, Hand
All-Connecticut Conference
Fairfield Prep, Notre Dame-WH, Xavier, Mercy, Sacred Heart Academy

98-career added
04-law/foran added
09-derby left

ships
94- Cheshire L
95- Cheshire L Shelton LL
96- Cheshire LL
97- Cheshire LL Hand L
98-
99-
00- Shelton LL
01- Ndwh L
02- West haven LL Hillhouse SS
03- Shelton L Hand M
04- Hand M
05- Xavier LL Branford MM Hand M
06- Hillhouse M
07-
08-
09- Cheshire LL Ndwh L
10- Xavier LL Hillhouse M

nadav

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, well I do question the credibility of any writer (maybe you?) who counted 44 victories attributed to the SCC going all the way back to 1976 when we all know the SCC wasn't even formed until 1994. Like I said there has been a lot of horse dung and plain unfairness when writers from upstate over the years have wrote about upstate and middle state schools vs those around Bridgeport and points southwest. All I say is give credit where credit is due and let the facts taken from the results on the gridiron, speak for themselves.

The teams that are in the SCC currently are historically slightly more successful than the schools who are currently in the FCIAC in State Title games. That's what the numbers say. There is no other way to compare a league formed in the early 60's to a league formed in the 90's. You are the one who needs to give credit to the SCC, nobody said that the FCIAC wasn't a great league.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if you go back the L was dominated by future scc teams in the 80s early 90s with several other future scc teams winning ships in other classes like prep in 88(LL) over greenwich and hillhouse 85(m-1) over masuk.

nadav

Reaction Score
It looks like it's 21 State Titles for teams in the SCC since 1994, how many wins for FC schools over that time period?

Reaction Score
The teams that are in the SCC currently are historically slightly more successful than the schools who are currently in the FCIAC in State Title games. That's what the numbers say. There is no other way to compare a league formed in the early 60's to a league formed in the 90's. You are the one who needs to give credit to the SCC, nobody said that the FCIAC wasn't a great league.
I guess we can agree on that, but why do you say "slightly more successful" for the SCC vs the FCIAC. One can argue those numbers, I mean 70 appearances and 44 wins vs 72 appearances and 42 wins. I'd call that a draw for the finals, but in state playoff appearances and wins in the quarters and semi's I don't know. One thing I know is the best teams will win on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Can we get back to the original point here, that Xavier would lose 2 games in the FCIAC and not which conference has been better since the 70s or whatever?
I've been to several Xavier games and they run an elite offense and have handled every team they have faced thus far this year. Their BACK UP QB has offers from BCU and Syracuse. They have at least 4 senior players with scholarship offers. I'll stop now because I am quite confident that X will prove the point for me in the coming weeks.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
xavier is the best team in the state imo

casey is the best qb right now, next year boeing/boyle/staff and a few others will compete for that title. 13 is a deep class for this state it looks like

newsome is the best rb and i don't see any1 topping him the next couple years

Reaction Score
Can we get back to the original point here, that Xavier would lose 2 games in the FCIAC and not which conference has been better since the 70s or whatever?
I've been to several Xavier games and they run an elite offense and have handled every team they have faced thus far this year. Their BACK UP QB has offers from BCU and Syracuse. They have at least 4 senior players with scholarship offers. I'll stop now because I am quite confident that X will prove the point for me in the coming weeks.
Xavier's defense is the reason they are so good this year. If they play Staples, I'd be more worried about their D. Xavier will beat Norwalk but I've heard great things about Norwalks defensive front. Will Milano healthy, New Canaan is the best team in the FCIAC this year, though I would call this a down year for the FCIAC top to bottom, St Joes, Trumbull, Darien and even Staples lost alot of great players to graduation. Would of loved to have seen New Canaan play Xavier though.

http://www.thedailynewcanaan.com/sports/new-canaan-qb-breaks-longtime-school-record

Reaction Score
Xavier may very well play both Norwalk and Staples. The result on the field will settle this. And I agree with AJC, the original argument was whether Xavier would already be carrying a couple of losses by being in the FCIAC. So far I've seen nothing offered up that gives any credence to that notion. We'll see if either Norwalk or Staples can back up that claim.

Reaction Score
Don't want to speak too prematurely, but good to see Norwalk show up against Xavier in the first half. Expect more of the same.

Reaction Score
Don't want to speak too prematurely, but good to see Norwalk show up against Xavier in the first half. Expect more of the same.

55-14 Xavier with under 4 left.

Fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member