No threads on the HS playoffs? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No threads on the HS playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah I know that, just trying to stir the pot, sorry. Nice catch though.

You try to stir the pot by making false statements?
That's not stirring the pot, that's losing your credibility.

Reaction Score
I would say two years ago the FCIAC looked like the toughest league in the state. Last year seemed to be a wash. This year? I'm not real sure. I watched Danbury-Bethel in the preseason and Bethel looked much more physical than the Hatters. When I watched Greenwich this year they just looked a lot less physical and talented than previous years Greenwich teams. Those are just examples.

I think if the FCIAC was broken down in a similar manner to the SCC - for example let's say this:

FCIAC Division 1 North
Danbury
Ridgefield
Trumbull
Darien
New Canaan

FCIAC Division 1 South
Greenwich
Staples
Stamford
Central
Norwalk

FCIAC Division 2 East
Westhill
McMahon
Harding
Bassick

FCIAC Divison 2 West
Wilton
Warde
Ludlowe
Trinity Cath
St. Joe's

Then schedule like the SCC does with their Div 1 and Div 2 formats, then sure the FCIAC Div 1 would be just as brutal as SCC Div 1 schedules. But that's not how they do it. Each of the better teams usually face 2-3 really tough games. Sometimes 4. If Xavier had to play a FCIAC Div 1 schedule, it would be a real tough road. But nobody in the FCIAC currently plays that type of schedule.

Reaction Score
And to be fair this would not only toughen up the schedules of the FCIAC's better teams, but it would cut a break to the FCIAC teams that tend to struggle year in and year out.

Reaction Score
I'd pick New Canaan with Milano healthy but that being said, Staples or Norwalk will give Xavier all it can handle. Don't get me wrong, Xavier's got a great club this year but they play in a weaker conf. Ridgefield, Staples, New Canaan, Norwalk all made the CIAC playoffs, and the only reason one of them lost was because Ridgefield had to play their game against Staples. I would have loved to have seen Xavier/Ridgefield but the upstate powers that be played politics. I will agree, this is not the FCIAC's best year but I still think Xavier at the very least is severely tested and could lose. I know several FCIAC coaches as well, played HS football with two of them.

They all made the playoffs because they're guaranteed 7 wins against the bottom teams in the FCIAC. Go and look at who each team played. Like I said in my earlier post, each "top tier" FCIAC team plays another top tier team 3 times out of 10 games. With 8 teams making the playoffs in each class, if you win one of those tough games your in the playoffs. There are 3 winless teams in the league. The FCIAC's best played at least one of them. Greenwich played all three.

Reaction Score
You can't compare in conference records as though they were absolutes. That's just crazy home cookin. I mean is 4-6 Amity better than Danbury, Warde, or Trumbull? No way. I also think if Greenwich or Darien played in the SCC this season, both would have made the playoffs. I will say that Xavier probably beats Norwalk but against Staples, I don't know.

Let's take a look at those 6 losses Amity had:

vs. West Haven (7-3)
vs. Hand (10-0)
vs. Xavier (10-0)
vs. Fairfield Prep (5-5)
vs. Shelton (8-2)
vs. North Haven (9-1)

Amity really isn't too bad of a team. They're usually really tough to play. But that schedule is pretty tough.

Reaction Score
With all due respect kris and Boots, you guys don't have a frkin clue. All your home cookin stats won't make a cake, OK. Name the last time an SCC team with 2 or 3 losses won a CIAC championship, never, but it has happened several times with FCIAC clubs. Why do you think SCC teams like Xavier or Valley powers like Ansonia never play OOC games against FCIAC powers? Reason, because they don't want to risk that 1 loss and a ruined unblemished season.

Hillhouse won the Class M last season with 3 losses. How's your foot taste?

Reaction Score
I would say two years ago the FCIAC looked like the toughest league in the state. Last year seemed to be a wash. This year? I'm not real sure. I watched Danbury-Bethel in the preseason and Bethel looked much more physical than the Hatters. When I watched Greenwich this year they just looked a lot less physical and talented than previous years Greenwich teams. Those are just examples.

I think if the FCIAC was broken down in a similar manner to the SCC - for example let's say this:

FCIAC Division 1 North
Danbury
Ridgefield
Trumbull
Darien
New Canaan

FCIAC Division 1 South
Greenwich
Staples
Stamford
Central
Norwalk

FCIAC Division 2 East
Westhill
McMahon
Harding
Bassick

FCIAC Divison 2 West
Wilton
Warde
Ludlowe
Trinity Cath
St. Joe's

Then schedule like the SCC does with their Div 1 and Div 2 formats, then sure the FCIAC Div 1 would be just as brutal as SCC Div 1 schedules. But that's not how they do it. Each of the better teams usually face 2-3 really tough games. Sometimes 4. If Xavier had to play a FCIAC Div 1 schedule, it would be a real tough road. But nobody in the FCIAC currently plays that type of schedule.
Interesting but I don't think it would work, this or that coach would hate it. I mean isn't McMahon L or LL and the other three Mor S? An L or LL coach in the North bracket might scream unfair.

Reaction Score
Let's take a look at those 6 losses Amity had:

vs. West Haven (7-3)
vs. Hand (10-0)
vs. Xavier (10-0)
vs. Fairfield Prep (5-5)
vs. Shelton (8-2)
vs. North Haven (9-1)

Amity really isn't too bad of a team. They're usually really tough to play. But that schedule is pretty tough.
Amity can't be that good if they lost to Fairfield Prep. Prep sucks, though they are better than they were when they went 0-10 last year or the year before. Though it does make my point, Amity loses to 5 Valley or SCC clubs with stellar records and it's 6th loss is to lowly Fairfield Prep.

Reaction Score
Do your homework. Talk about not having a freaking clue.

He is obviously fishing. SCC is and has been the toughest conference in the state the last 15 years. FCIAC. Good stuff. A notch above the CCC at best.

Reaction Score
Do your homework. Talk about not having a freaking clue.
I know who they lost to, but I guess you don't want to say. I understand. Better yet, who did they beat for the title, and what was their record?

Reaction Score
With all due respect kris and Boots, you guys don't have a frkin clue. All your home cookin stats won't make a cake, OK. Name the last time an SCC team with 2 or 3 losses won a CIAC championship, never, but it has happened several times with FCIAC clubs. Why do you think SCC teams like Xavier or Valley powers like Ansonia never play OOC games against FCIAC powers? Reason, because they don't want to risk that 1 loss and a ruined unblemished season.

I know who they lost to and who they beat so. You said, an SCC team with 3 losses "NEVER" won a state title. You sir, were wrong. It doesn't matter who they lost to or who they beat, the fact is, an SCC team has won a state title with 3 losses. That foot must taste really good.

Reaction Score
I'm an FCIAC guy, but the SCC has more depth. The bottom of the FCIAC (Bassick, Harding, Westhill, Ludlowe etc.) is really bad.
Jonathan Law is the worst team this year in the SCC and 3 years ago went 9-1.

Reaction Score
I'm an FCIAC guy, but the SCC has more depth. The bottom of the FCIAC (Bassick, Harding, Westhill, Ludlowe etc.) is really bad.
Jonathan Law is the worst team this year in the SCC and 3 years ago went 9-1.
You know as well as I that Bassick and Harding were recent and controversial additions to the FCIAC when the old MBIAC was dissolved. A lot of the FCIAC teams didn't want them. I will say though that Harding was once a state power in football as was Ludlowe.

Reaction Score
I know who they lost to and who they beat so. You said, an SCC team with 3 losses "NEVER" won a state title. You sir, were wrong. It doesn't matter who they lost to or who they beat, the fact is, an SCC team has done. That foot must taste really good.
What I mean't to say was that several FCIAC teams with 2 or 3 losses have won CIAC football championships by defeating undefeated teams from the valley or SCC, and that is something that an SCC team HAS NEVER done.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
What I mean't to say was that several FCIAC teams with 2 or 3 losses have won CIAC football championships by defeating undefeated teams from the valley or SCC, and that is something that an SCC team HAS NEVER done.
Are you sure about that, or are you just pulling it out of your ass like every other comment?

Reaction Score
Are you sure about that, or are you just pulling it out of your ass like every other comment?
Yes wise ass, I am sure about that. I'm also sure that if someone wants to do the research on the FCIAC vs the SCC head to head in the CT state playoffs over the past 20 or 30 years, they will find that FCIAC teams won the majority of the time.

Reaction Score
Gotta disagree with ya huskyrob1. I'd say in the last decade the SCC has most cetainly been the best conference in the state top to bottom, especially with Xavier's resurgence over the past 7 years.

Reaction Score
Here's the breakdown for Class L and LL FINALS games from 2000-2010:

FCIAC Record: 5-9
vs. SCC 1-5
vs. SWC 1-2
vs. CCC 2-2
vs. ECC 1-0

SCC Record: 8-3
vs. FCIAC 5-1
vs. CCC 1-2
vs. SWC 1-0
vs. ECC 1-0

Not looking at Class M yet which would give more wins for the FCIAC (New Canaan) but would also give more to the SCC (Hand). Didn't bother to look at quarters or semi's but if you want to claim victory there, have at it. Class LL and L encompass tha majority of good teams from the FCIAC and SCC (Div 1) which is the base argument here (since the original claim was that Xavier couldn't be as successful in the FCIAC). In all fairness although the FCIAC had a worse record in my comparison it should be noted they had more teams reach the finals than the SCC (14 to 11).

Reaction Score
I'm guessing if I look at the lower divisions there will also be wins for St. Joe's (FCIAC) but also Hillhouse (SCC) and Branford (SCC)

Reaction Score
I'm guessing if I look at the lower divisions there will also be wins for St. Joe's (FCIAC) but also Hillhouse (SCC) and Branford (SCC)
Actually you can tally them up right here if you click the link below, no guessing here Boots, but keep in mind this is only the finals, the FCIAC has hands down more wins over the years statewide, and head to head against the SCC it wins that number game as well but not by much I will say. Again, keep in mind that this is only the finals but if you include the early rounds I would guess the FCIAC wins that numbers game as well. Hey Kris how does your foot taste?:D

From 1976 to today.....FCIAC rules...... http://www.casciac.org/pdfs/champions_football.pdf

Bloomfield was so dominant in the late 90's though they did play some close games with Darien. I do have a question for anyone out there....when did Fairfield Prep and Shelton join the SCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom