No threads on the HS playoffs? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

No threads on the HS playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Xavier may very well play both Norwalk and Staples. The result on the field will settle this. And I agree with AJC, the original argument was whether Xavier would already be carrying a couple of losses by being in the FCIAC. So far I've seen nothing offered up that gives any credence to that notion. We'll see if either Norwalk or Staples can back up that claim.

Norwalk sure didn't.

Reaction Score
Do we still think Xavier isn't good enough to go undefeated in the FCIAC?
I think after that shellacking today those concerns have to be put to rest. Anyone that has seen them perform in person understands that they have some of the best coaching and talent in the state. They run a very advanced style offense (they have the big posters with 4 symbols much like Oregon to call plays in without a huddle). We'll see what happens in the final, but my opinion remains the same as it has been for this entire season, Xavier is a beast.

Reaction Score
Newsome with a huge day. 20 carries 321 yards and 6 tds.
saw that statline and thought there must have been a misprint. Also heard he only took one carry in the second half? WOW

Reaction Score
saw that statline and thought there must have been a misprint. Also heard he only took one carry in the second half? WOW

He scored on his first carry of the game and capped his afternoon on his first carry of the second half. Ansonia went up 41-7 merely seconds into the 3rd quarter and Newsome was done for the day. Ansonia freshmen JaQuan McKnight took over carrying 16 times for 71 yards.

Reaction Score
I think the dominant conference was established today after that Hand-Masuk game. Is there still any doubt that the SCC is once again the states best league? Really impressive game from Hand, thanks Kris1 for the live feed

Reaction Score
I think the dominant conference was established today after that Hand-Masuk game. Is there still any doubt that the SCC is once again the states best league? Really impressive game from Hand, thanks Kris1 for the live feed
I will say the SCC looks really strong this year while the FCIAC is in a rebuilding year. Xavier really looks unbeatable this year but how soon people forget. Remember that New Canaan beat Hand easily last year and beat them in 2007 as well and Staples beat Xavier 2 years ago, while St Joes destroyed Ansonia last year and also won a state title the year before that, I forget who against though. These things go in cycles and this might be the SCC's year.

Reaction Score
I will say the SCC looks really strong this year while the FCIAC is in a rebuilding year. Xavier really looks unbeatable this year but how soon people forget. Remember that New Canaan beat Hand easily last year and beat them in 2007 as well and Staples beat Xavier 2 years ago, while St Joes destroyed Ansonia last year and also won a state title the year before that, I forget who against though. These things go in cycles and this might be the SCC's year.

These things are cyclical and I said that early on in this argument. Next Saturday Xavier-Staples and New Canaan-Hand. We'll see how this all plays out. I didn't get to catch the Xavier-Norwalk game but Hand absolutely physically dominated Masuk. There some real hard hits coming from the Tigers on the Masuk WR's and I think that played a big part in the 2nd half. Hand also owned the battle in the trenches. I though Cochran played pretty well - when he sticks to the bread and butter (short and medium range throws) it worked real well. Everytime they went deep though his accuracy seemed to be way off. The Hand center needs to do a better job of snapping in the gun. He was rolling the ball on the carpet all night. I joked last night the Hand QB Foye should get the MVP of the game based on how many times he scooped up terrible snaps.

Reaction Score
In my opinion the SCC and FCIAC are comparable leagues. Both have their fair share of good and bad teams. I tip my hat to the SCC because of their D-1 and D-2 formats. The SCC D-1 teams IMO have a tough schedule, and if the FCIAC broke down their league in the same way their schedules would be just as tough. I won't say the SCC is better than the FCIAC or vice versa. But I stand my ground in that if Xavier, this year, were in the FCIAC, they'd still have an unblemished record. Saturday will have the answers.

Reaction Score
I have to give it up to Hand's RB Kevin Frey as well. That guy ran HARD. I haven't looked to see yet what his numbers were last night but he does not go down easy.

Reaction Score
In my opinion the SCC and FCIAC are comparable leagues. Both have their fair share of good and bad teams. I tip my hat to the SCC because of their D-1 and D-2 formats. The SCC D-1 teams IMO have a tough schedule, and if the FCIAC broke down their league in the same way their schedules would be just as tough. I won't say the SCC is better than the FCIAC or vice versa. But I stand my ground in that if Xavier, this year, were in the FCIAC, they'd still have an unblemished record. Saturday will have the answers.

OK I'll eat some crow and admit that if Xavier played in the FCIAC THIS year they might go undefeated especially with the FCIAC's present format, but that's hard to predict. I was not surprised at Hand beating Masuk the way they did, I thought Masuk's weak schedule was suspect all year. A lot of those 50 point games they had during the season were against some pretty weak teams in a weaker conf. I actually think they were better last year. Was pleased that a 5 seed (New Canaan) from the FCIAC beat a 1 seed (Windsor) last night.

Reaction Score
FCIAC AND SCC should gain WAYY more points in inner conference games then any other league..especially scc d-1. SCC/FCIAC are much better then all the other leagues just about every year well every year. Im from Shelton and they lost to Xavier and ND west haven two top 10 scc teams.. Sheltons team was good but not great, just using them as an example..Shelton was 8-2 and teams like Hall and Conrad with identical records should NOT be ahead of SCC/FCIAC teams I like that the ciac made the playoff system better but know they need to fix the points rewarded to certain conferences some teams that are 10-0 or 9-1 would be 500 in the two power conferences.

Reaction Score
FCIAC AND SCC should gain WAYY more points in inner conference games then any other league..especially scc d-1. SCC/FCIAC are much better then all the other leagues just about every year well every year. Im from Shelton and they lost to Xavier and ND west haven two top 10 scc teams.. Sheltons team was good but not great, just using them as an example..Shelton was 8-2 and teams like Hall and Conrad with identical records should NOT be ahead of SCC/FCIAC teams I like that the ciac made the playoff system better but know they need to fix the points rewarded to certain conferences some teams that are 10-0 or 9-1 would be 500 in the two power conferences.

Disagree. That's a BCS mentality. The point system is fine the way it is. There are 8 seeds per division now x 4 divisions = 32 seeds overall. When I played there were 12 seeds overall (2x6) and you had to pretty much go undefeated or 1 loss at most if you wanted a shot at the playoffs. Shelton had plenty of chances to get in during the regular season. Win the games.

Reaction Score
OK I'll eat some crow and admit that if Xavier played in the FCIAC THIS year they might go undefeated especially with the FCIAC's present format, but that's hard to predict. I was not surprised at Hand beating Masuk the way they did, I thought Masuk's weak schedule was suspect all year. A lot of those 50 point games they had during the season were against some pretty weak teams in a weaker conf. I actually think they were better last year. Was pleased that a 5 seed (New Canaan) from the FCIAC beat a 1 seed (Windsor) last night.

Exactly. Next year could be a whole different story. And for the record if someone were to claim that say, Staples would have more losses by being in the SCC I'd disagree with that argument as well.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Next year could be a whole different story. And for the record if someone were to claim that say, Staples would have more losses by being in the SCC I'd disagree with that argument as well.
they probably would have..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman