No Syracuse schadenfreude? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

No Syracuse schadenfreude?

Reaction Score
Key words are...right now. That's a fan timeline...not someone who has to actually plan. And then, there's the other elephant in the room...athletic departments consist of more than just basketball. And rightfully so or not, isn't the narrow focus on UCONN Football the reason why folks don't want them in their conference? Personally, I think that's a scapegoat to an extent because there are other bad football teams.
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Reaction Score
And yet...you still have nothing of substance to add. You could have at least answered...would you take an ACC invitation. Of course, you won't since...that would make you look ...well, silly and bitter.
I think I've added plenty of substance. I goofed on you because you said the initial post in this thread was not about basketball when it was clearly about basketball, then I goofed on you because you said you were done posting then kept posting. That's about as much substance as you can get in a thread like this.

Reaction Score
I think I've added plenty of substance. I goofed on you because you said the initial post in this thread was not about basketball when it was clearly about basketball, then I goofed on you because you said you were done posting then kept posting. That's about as much substance as you can get in a thread like this.
ok..you win. How about answering the question? Would you take an ACC invitation? Yea..that's what I thought. You tough guys crying like you lost your best friend. It's hilarious.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And yet...you still have nothing of substance to add.
That's not true. He warned others like me that there was nothing new to see there, thus saving time. That's counts as substance.

Reaction Score
That's not true. He warned others like me that there was nothing new to see there, thus saving time. That's counts as substance.
Would you take the ACC invite? He warned you...and yet, here you are. That's rich. Oh wait. No, it's not.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ok..you win. How about answering the question? Would you take an ACC invitation? Yea..that's what I thought. You tough guys crying like you lost your best friend. It's hilarious.
Exactly! Well, except that here you are, tissues in hand, on another teams board, a team that you don’t even play anymore, talking about how you don’t mind that your team is bad at basketball as long as the money is okay.

… and just when I thought it couldn’t get any better you go all…

im not crying youre crying GIF

Reaction Score
Would you take the ACC invite? He warned you...and yet, here you are. That's rich. Oh wait. No, it's not.
Congratulation on your program's financial success. It seems to really be working out for your gritty and plucky little program. Boeheim(s) forever!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Exactly! Well, except that here you are, tissues in hand, on another teams board, a team that you don’t even play anymore, talking about how you don’t mind that your team is bad at basketball as long as the money is okay.

… and just when I thought it couldn’t get any better you go all…

im not crying youre crying GIF
Yawn. I'm a UCONN and Syracuse fan. Messes with you, huh? Try reading. I just don't see the need to lie about the facts. Would you take the invite? No one has answered as if I asked in some new language? Rivalry is great, but make up your mind why Syracuse is so bad...this year. lol Is it because of their conference? If yes, why would you care if they left? Why would you want to go there? I'm trying to follow your logic. I didn't say I cared if they were bad. I still support them no matter what. Oh yea, but you're the real fan. If you're going to suck, I'm just saying make it worth your while. When teams lose or win... the conference isn't to blame. That's a cop out. It makes ZERO sense.

Reaction Score
I'll bite, I'm not afraid of trolls.

Yes, OF COURSE we would accept an invite to the ACC. Maybe it wouldn't be quite as good for our basketball program as the Big East, but the benefits to our football program would be too big to ignore.

But contrary to Syracuse's experience, I would expect sustainable success for UConn in the ACC. We are much closer to those schools, both geographically and structurally as a flagship state school. We are already the second favorite team of most UNC fans. Unlike Syracuse, the ACC schools would actually care about playing us.

And you know what? UConn joining the ACC would IMPROVE SYRACUSE's POSITION! You would no longer be a forgotten outpost up on the tundra; you would actually have opposing fans in the conference that care about playing you. Your recruiting would improve immediately.

Probably not enough to save your school in the long run, though. Syracuse as a college is at the beginning of a very long death spiral--a victim of college cost inflation. As time goes on, very few people will see the value of paying 3x the tuition to get an inferior education at a mid-tier private school.

Reaction Score
Now you know how we feel
Actually, would you be offended if I told you that's not my problem? Because...it's not. But, while you're here...would you take an invite from the ACC? Or are you one of those who feel...you would become cannon fodder for the other ACC teams? I don't know about you, but that attitude isn't consistent with the bravado demonstrated in these exchanges. lmao

Reaction Score
Yawn. I'm a UCONN and Syracuse fan. Messes with you, huh? Try reading. I just don't see the need to lie about the facts. Would you take the invite? No one has answered as if I asked in some new language? Rivalry is great, but make up your mind why Syracuse is so bad...this year. lol Is it because of their conference? If yes, why would you care if they left? Why would you want to go there? I'm trying to follow your logic. I didn't say I cared if they were bad. I still support them no matter what. Oh yea, but you're the real fan. If you're going to suck, I'm just saying make it worth your while. When teams lose or win... the conference isn't to blame. That's a cop out. It makes ZERO sense.
Nobody answered you because you came into a thread about the Syracuse basketball team losing and started bragging about how much money they're making. Nobody cares about the money, most people here are basketball fans and you're not, so you like the money

Reaction Score
Nobody answered you because you came into a thread about the Syracuse basketball team losing and started bragging about how much money they're making. Nobody cares about the money, most people here are basketball fans and you're not, so you like the money
SO...in all that you didn't answer. The claim was they are losing because they sold their soul to the ACC and took the MONEY. lol Yea...I mentioned money for no reason at all. GET REAL.

Reaction Score
SO...in all that you didn't answer. The claim was they are losing because they sold their soul to the ACC and took the MONEY. lol Yea...I mentioned money for no reason at all. GET REAL.
I didn't answer because it's a dumb question, 90% of the people on this board would say UConn should accept an ACC invite if it came. I'd accept a date from Beyonce too if you're offering

Reaction Score
I didn't answer because it's a dumb question, 90% of the people on this board would say UConn should accept an ACC invite if it came. I'd accept a date from Beyonce too if you're offering
If it's a dumb question, then certainly it's dumber to use leaving the BE as a reason for Syracuse sucking in bb this year. Or UCONN being in the BE and sucking some other year. You're good or you suck because you either have a good team or you don't not some other nonsense. If you gotta suck anyway...take the money, don't act like it's some evil move.

Reaction Score
Actually, would you be offended if I told you that's not my problem? Because...it's not. But, while you're here...would you take an invite from the ACC? Or are you one of those who feel...you would become cannon fodder for the other ACC teams? I don't know about you, but that attitude isn't consistent with the bravado demonstrated in these exchanges. lmao
The only reason to jump for the ACC is football money...and without doing any research because I don't care all that much (just enough to quickly get this out to maybe make you stop talking...), I say no to the invite.

uconn football is awful...that's not changing anytime soon...but ACC football is so bad that us being "cannon fodder" is pretty funny. Here's the ACC champ game last 10ish years (WF and Ptt this past year got cut out of my copy/paste)
1643386803488.png

Lets notice that the atlantic division is pretty much bogarted by Clemson+FSU, while the coastal is a free-for-all of who's the least bad every year. While conference realignment is seemingly settled for now don't forget that Clemson and FSU would be gone in a second if/when the SEC comes calling, and UVA+UNC have been on the B10 want-list for seemingly forever. Spark notes version - of all the major football conferences, the ACC is short term a 1-2 horse race at best (last year aside, where everyone sucked), and long term is a desperate man hoping like hell their way too hot gf doesn't leave them for the popular guy.

uconn bball is on the up and up. Literally no one in the ACC is scary right now and it pretty closely mirrors the football scene where in this case Clemson football = Duke bball, and UVA bball = FSU football where they snuck in a good run and then quickly faded to mediocre. So again, "cannon fodder" is laughable. not to mention the old guard of HOF coaches is on their way out which will make this dip in form seem like the golden years for at least a while.

BE basketball isn't going anywhere because they've decided that's king for the conference. Football is just a bonus at this point (hopefully). Short term ACC money would be awesome no denying, but long term is too much of a ??? for my basketball preference

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if you are capable of following logic. You say that you are a fan of both UCONN and Syracuse, which in itself is completely unreasonable and surely not proper. With that being said, how could an illogical person be capable of following logic? But to answer your question, with my best guess, I think for the "bottom line" it would be bye bye Big East. 4>1

Reaction Score
If it's a dumb question, then certainly it's dumber to use leaving the BE as a reason for Syracuse sucking in bb this year. Or UCONN being in the BE and sucking some other year. You're good or you suck because you either have a good team or you don't not some other nonsense. If you gotta suck anyway...take the money, don't act like it's some evil move.
You've moved the goalposts so many times in this thread that I don't even know what you're arguing anymore. Nobody is blaming Syracuse for taking the money, we're laughing at the fact that Syracuse sucks right now. That's it, it's not some deeply philosophical thing.

Nobody is blaming Syracuse leaving the Big East for why they suck this year. They suck because they have a 100 year old nose picker as head coach, who is more interested in his internal race to see if the number of shots he can get his sons is higher than top recruits he can drive off the team

Reaction Score
The only reason to jump for the ACC is football money...and without doing any research because I don't care all that much (just enough to quickly get this out to maybe make you stop talking...), I say no to the invite.

uconn football is awful...that's not changing anytime soon...but ACC football is so bad that us being "cannon fodder" is pretty funny. Here's the ACC champ game last 10ish years (WF and Ptt this past year got cut out of my copy/paste)
View attachment 72776
Lets notice that the atlantic division is pretty much bogarted by Clemson+FSU, while the coastal is a free-for-all of who's the least bad every year. While conference realignment is seemingly settled for now don't forget that Clemson and FSU would be gone in a second if/when the SEC comes calling, and UVA+UNC have been on the B10 want-list for seemingly forever. Spark notes version - of all the major football conferences, the ACC is short term a 1-2 horse race at best (last year aside, where everyone sucked), and long term is a desperate man hoping like hell their way too hot gf doesn't leave them for the popular guy.

uconn bball is on the up and up. Literally no one in the ACC is scary right now and it pretty closely mirrors the football scene where in this case Clemson football = Duke bball, and UVA bball = FSU football where they snuck in a good run and then quickly faded to mediocre. So again, "cannon fodder" is laughable. not to mention the old guard of HOF coaches is on their way out which will make this dip in form seem like the golden years for at least a while.

BE basketball isn't going anywhere because they've decided that's king for the conference. Football is just a bonus at this point (hopefully). Short term ACC money would be awesome no denying, but long term is too much of a ??? for my basketball preference
"and without doing any research because I don't care all that much"

that's a ringing endorsement for your arguement

Reaction Score

View attachment 72776

First, the poster who referenced cannon fooder said that is what SU basketball has become. Definitely this year, but I would be disappointed in fear being a reason to not join a conference. If we're talking about how SU football will fair...I figure they'll do what they've always done...bad some years, mediocre others and rarely anything worth writing home about. That's just a fact and I guess my acceptable level of entertainment. In fact, sounds like most football programs over the years. Keeps you hoping and dreaming. lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom