No Syracuse schadenfreude? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

No Syracuse schadenfreude?

Reaction Score
You've moved the goalposts so many times in this thread that I don't even know what you're arguing anymore. Nobody is blaming Syracuse for taking the money, we're laughing at the fact that Syracuse sucks right now. That's it, it's not some deeply philosophical thing.

Nobody is blaming Syracuse leaving the Big East for why they suck this year. They suck because they have a 100 year old nose picker as head coach, who is more interested in his internal race to see if the number of shots he can get his sons is higher than top recruits he can drive off the team
I guess you didn't follow all the posts. I read them. I read all the reasons. They're in this post and anywhere else they can be mentioned. I haven't changed anything. I simply addressed all the excuses why people feel Syracuse sucks. lol If you're waiting for me to defend a coach recruiting players out of his basement...I'm not there. Still support the team.

Reaction Score
As a Ct taxpayer, you should realize that by your legislators giving a huge tax break to ESPN, the tax payers of Ct are essentially paying the ACC. The same taxpayers cry about UConn's budget, but don't realize how much money is being siphoned away by ESPN.
So true. It still boggles the mind that nobody thought to negotiate in some CR protections or preferences, or guaranteed TV rev subsidy for all the money we gave away.

Reaction Score
First, the poster who referenced cannon fooder said that is what SU basketball has become. Definitely this year, but I would be disappointed in fear being a reason to not join a conference. If we're talking about how SU football will fair...I figure they'll do what they've always done...bad some years, mediocre others and rarely anything worth writing home about. That's just a fact and I guess my acceptable level of entertainment. In fact, sounds like most football programs over the years. Keeps you hoping and dreaming. lol
Honestly I skimmed a lot of the posts when it devolved into a pissing match...

Trust me, I'm a uva guy...I know the rollercoaster haha

Reaction Score
"and without doing any research because I don't care all that much"

that's a ringing endorsement for your arguement
I'm not arguing anything. He asked a question, I gave an answer, which is an opinion based on my casual fandom and certainly open to being persuaded otherwise

Reaction Score
First, the poster who referenced cannon fooder said that is what SU basketball has become. Definitely this year, but I would be disappointed in fear being a reason to not join a conference. If we're talking about how SU football will fair...I figure they'll do what they've always done...bad some years, mediocre others and rarely anything worth writing home about. That's just a fact and I guess my acceptable level of entertainment. In fact, sounds like most football programs over the years. Keeps you hoping and dreaming. lol
1643389412824.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'll bite, I'm not afraid of trolls.

Yes, OF COURSE we would accept an invite to the ACC. Maybe it wouldn't be quite as good for our basketball program as the Big East, but the benefits to our football program would be too big to ignore.

But contrary to Syracuse's experience, I would expect sustainable success for UConn in the ACC. We are much closer to those schools, both geographically and structurally as a flagship state school. We are already the second favorite team of most UNC fans. Unlike Syracuse, the ACC schools would actually care about playing us.

And you know what? UConn joining the ACC would IMPROVE SYRACUSE's POSITION! You would no longer be a forgotten outpost up on the tundra; you would actually have opposing fans in the conference that care about playing you. Your recruiting would improve immediately.

Probably not enough to save your school in the long run, though. Syracuse as a college is at the beginning of a very long death spiral--a victim of college cost inflation. As time goes on, very few people will see the value of paying 3x the tuition to get an inferior education at a mid-tier private school.
ok...so #1 join and stop harassing other schools. And #2 isn't school choice a wonderful concept?! And I have something to admit...full disclosure and all. With the advancement of you know mass transportation and such I'm not into all that nonsense about how close you are geographically. So what? Fly. lol I certainly don't care if some other fans "like" me. Huh? Sounds like the birth of a rivalry. More money! lmao Are you serious?

And if you care to, but it isn't necessary, explain that whole thing about "structurally as a state school" and its significance. I hope it's not part of that tired argument of being culturally similar and therefore we should be in the same conference nonsense.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yawn. I'm a UCONN and Syracuse fan. Messes with you, huh? Try reading. I just don't see the need to lie about the facts. Would you take the invite? No one has answered as if I asked in some new language? Rivalry is great, but make up your mind why Syracuse is so bad...this year. lol Is it because of their conference? If yes, why would you care if they left? Why would you want to go there? I'm trying to follow your logic. I didn't say I cared if they were bad. I still support them no matter what. Oh yea, but you're the real fan. If you're going to suck, I'm just saying make it worth your while. When teams lose or win... the conference isn't to blame. That's a cop out. It makes ZERO sense.
You are posting on a Uconn site talking about the demise of Syracuse basketball, but suggesting that it doesn’t bother you because their financials are better. It is a really, really weird hill to die on, but you do you. It’s been entertaining, in a sad sort of way.

I remember when Syracuse trolls used to be funny at least. I guess, though, when your program is dying and your fanbase is publicly crying out for the sleaziest coach in basketball to save the program, there’s not a lot to work with.

Reaction Score
You are posting on a Uconn site talking about the demise of Syracuse basketball, but suggesting that it doesn’t bother you because their financials are better. It is a really, really weird hill to die on, but you do you. It’s been entertaining, in a sad sort of way.

I remember when Syracuse trolls used to be funny at least. I guess, though, when your program is dying and your fanbase is publicly crying out for the sleaziest coach in basketball to save the program, there’s not a lot to work with.
You are predicting it's a demise and cool...knock yourself out. BC said the same thing about UCONN. I thought it was as ridiculous then as it is now. As far as I can tell, using REALITY and history...demise is not a permanent condition. It's seasonal. NONE of these schools are perennial powerhouses in ANY SPORT...except UCONN WBB. It doesn't bother me because it's entertainment and something fun...win or lose. I boast when they win and concede when they suck. lol I don't go around telling other schools they're evil heathens, that we're the next UCLA dynasty and that they're greedy and all about taking the money. BUT, admittedly, if you could ...you would take the money.

Reaction Score
...full disclosure and all. With the advancement of you know mass transportation and such I'm not into all that nonsense about how close you are geographically. So what?
If you are right about that, then what is YOUR explanation for why none of the other ACC schools give a damn about Syracuse? Or why your recruiting has failed so spectacularly?

I bet your lineup would not be clogged with so many Boeheims if you were anything more than a sad outlier in your own conference.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. UCONN most certainly would have accepted an invite from the ACC. What we fans wouldn't do is feel the need to obsess about other programs who were not invited or the Big East
2. UCONN vs SU is a far better product than SU vs BCU. UCONN vs SU would benefit both programs no matter the conference
3. The ACC is always UNC, Duke, and 1 or 2 wild cards. Every year. SU and Pitt don't change that. SU and UCONN might.
4. The ACC is about North Carolina, over 600 miles away from Canada. UCONN would have added the Southern New England & NYC flavor.

Reaction Score
Another amazing part is how their beat writers never say ANYTHING bad about Boeheim. They all say he deserves to go when he goes. No one challenges him, no one pressures him, no one asks hard-hitting questions and keeps him accountable.

Clearly nepotism has hurt their program and no one dares to bring it up except the fans syracusefan.com. Calhoun had his infamous moments because the press asked him some hard-hitting questions. Jeff Jacobs can be an ass, but at least he has opinions that goes against those of the messaging from inside the program. Honestly it's embarrassing but I love seeing it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Cuse pulled up the ladder on UConn. They can't lose enough to suit me. But in the spirit of unity, I have no qualms with Orange fans jumping on our bandwagon. It's a natural fit since we have so many former Cuse recruits in the program it's easy for them to see what coulda been.

CL82

Reaction Score
You are predicting it's a demise and cool...knock yourself out. BC said the same thing about UCONN. I thought it was as ridiculous then as it is now. As far as I can tell, using REALITY and history...demise is not a permanent condition. It's seasonal. NONE of these schools are perennial powerhouses in ANY SPORT...except UCONN WBB. It doesn't bother me because it's entertainment and something fun...win or lose. I boast when they win and concede when they suck. lol I don't go around telling other schools they're evil heathens, that we're the next UCLA dynasty and that they're greedy and all about taking the money. BUT, admittedly, if you could ...you would take the money.
LOL, I get it it probably feels much more comfortable for you to avoid talking about the fact that Syracuse basketball has reached the point that its fans fans are actively crying for Beoheims removal and instead installing the dirtiest coach in basketball, Rick Pitino. So instead you drift to a topic that most sports fans don’t pay attention to athletic department finances.

I don’t know about you but I don’t sit down at the start of the season and go over financial statements, or did season look who’s made the earnings top 20. I prefer to follow athletics. So preseason I look at how my team is going to do in the projections. And during the year I’ve well, actually watch the games and enjoy it when my team makes the top 25. But I get it, I guess, it’s something that you can desperately cling to. No one else cares, but if it gives you comfort in these dark times for Syracuse basketball, God bless.

Still, though, going on another team’s basketball board to brag about AD revenue? It just seems a little sad doesn’t it?

Reaction Score
If you are right about that, then what is YOUR explanation for why none of the other ACC schools give a damn about Syracuse? Or why your recruiting has failed so spectacularly?

I bet your lineup would not be clogged with so many Boeheims if you were anything more than a sad outlier in your own conference.
I hadn't heard that to be quite honest and if I did I probably would have laughed it off because who cares if other ACC schools (who fans?) don't care about SU. Guess what? It's not like they can cancel. lol Well, I guess they could, but that would be another W!

I don't know if I would say SU recruiting is bad as opposed to what happens recently after they get there. I think I've stated several times...it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Boeheim departed. 45 years is enough. It's probably never been done before at a single school for a reason. People get complacent and abandon recruiting trips and start grabbing new players from the backseat of their SUV. And time aside, when everything is someone else's fault...there's no motivation to look for a solution.

JB has a vocal cult following so...I'll just wait for nature to take over.

Reaction Score
I hadn't heard that to be quite honest and if I did I probably would have laughed it off because who cares if other ACC schools (who fans?) don't care about SU. Guess what? It's not like they can cancel. lol Well, I guess they could, but that would be another W!

I don't know if I would say SU recruiting is bad as opposed to what happens recently after they get there. I think I've stated several times...it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Boeheim departed. 45 years is enough. It's probably never been done before at a single school for a reason. People get complacent and abandon recruiting trips and start grabbing new players from the backseat of their SUV. And time aside, when everything is someone else's fault...there's no motivation to look for a solution.

JB has a vocal cult following so...I'll just wait for nature to take over.
Sure, you bet.

Now here is some "full disclosure" for you:

When Syracuse was poached ten years ago, it was entirely for the purpose of crippling the Big East. It was NOT in any way because Syracuse was some great prize that the ACC could not live without. If that reality has not yet set in for you, it will soon.

UConn or Rutgers, which would have been ACTUAL prizes for the ACC, were not approached then because the ACC did not believe we would leave the Big East. They went for the low-hanging fruits instead.

When Syracuse the college eventually withers and dies--which will happen in our lifetimes--you will see exactly how much the ACC cares about you. Your demise will be met with a hearty "meh" while they happily chop up your share of the TV money.

Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LOL, I get it it probably feels much more comfortable for you to avoid talking about the fact that Syracuse basketball has reached the point that its fans fans are actively crying for Beoheims removal and instead installing the dirtiest coach in basketball, Rick Pitino. So instead you drift to a topic that most sports fans don’t pay attention to athletic department finances.

I don’t know about you but I don’t sit down at the start of the season and go over financial statements, or did season look who’s made the earnings top 20. I prefer to follow athletics. So preseason I look at how my team is going to do in the projections. And during the year I’ve well, actually watch the games and enjoy it when my team makes the top 25. But I get it, I guess, it’s something that you can desperately cling to. No one else cares, but if it gives you comfort in these dark times for Syracuse basketball, God bless.

Still, though, going on another team’s basketball board to brag about AD revenue? It just seems a little sad doesn’t it?
You can characterize what I said to suit whatever makes you happy. I didn't brag about revenue. I addressed why not just SU, but other teams left the BE. Yea...that's such a leap to say after accusing teams of selling their souls ...just for money. I suspect if they could just casually write off millions to taxpayers....they may have stayed. I didn't drift anywhere. You failed to follow..conveniently. I definitely didn't start a topic on SU basketball on "your" site...who isn't in your conference, who you are glad departed, and who you supposedly don't care about because they're doomed. lol. Yea...that is weirdly funny. The problem with fans like yourself...is thinking all fans are shallow and uninterested in aspects of athletics just because...you aren't...or because you don't care to know.

So...when your team falls out of the top 25 what's your plan? Self-harm? Abandonment? Wait until they're good again? Stash all your UCONN apparel in gramma's trunk? Change back to the AAC so you can WIN? LMAO

Reaction Score
You can characterize what I said to suit whatever makes you happy. I didn't brag about revenue. I addressed why not just SU, but other teams left the BE. Yea...that's such a leap to say after accusing teams of selling their souls ...just for money. I suspect if they could just casually write off millions to taxpayers....they may have stayed. I didn't drift anywhere. You failed to follow..conveniently. I definitely didn't start a topic on SU basketball on "your" site...who isn't in your conference, who you are glad departed, and who you supposedly don't care about because they're doomed. lol. Yea...that is weirdly funny. The problem with fans like yourself...is thinking all fans are shallow and uninterested in aspects of athletics just because...you aren't...or because you don't care to know.

So...when your team falls out of the top 25 what's your plan? Self-harm? Abandonment? Wait until they're good again? Stash all your UCONN apparel in gramma's trunk? Change back to the AAC so you can WIN? LMAO
Rick-Jackson-Tyler-Olander-East-Basketball-z2vKlDSRDQHl.jpg

Reaction Score
You lost all credibility when you said there are crazy BC fans. Really? Who are they? Can you count then on one hand?
There is only one crazy BC fan, but one out of one fan means 100% of BC fans are crazy.

Reaction Score
Sure, you bet.

Now here is some "full disclosure" for you:

When Syracuse was poached ten years ago, it was entirely for the purpose of crippling the Big East. It was NOT in any way because Syracuse was some great prize that the ACC could not live without. If that reality has not yet set in for you, it will soon.

UConn or Rutgers, which would have been ACTUAL prizes for the ACC, were not approached then because the ACC did not believe we would leave the Big East. They went for the low-hanging fruits instead.

When Syracuse the college eventually withers and dies--which will happen in our lifetimes--you will see exactly how much the ACC cares about you. Your demise will be met with a hearty "meh" while they happily chop up your share of the TV money.

Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess.
Let's see...ten years ago...so 2011. No, you probably weren't asked because...wait for it...the whole 2003 lawsuit against BC ..who by 2011 was already in the ACC, and any sports fans knows...they blocked you. You could have left with BC in 2003/06. You didn't. And I don't want to rehash the whole lawsuit thing because that's another topic, but in response to your post...the year matters. It's also worth noting they didn't block Pitt even though they were also part of the lawsuit against BC and the ACC.

So yea...they probably did choose Syracuse as the lesser of the remaining evils. I don't see the relevance. What is relevant is none of these moves...in or out of a conference had squat to do with how rabid the school's fans were. And please, point out where I ever said Syracuse was some great prize. You must be confusing me with some other fan. lol And Syracuse is a University...not a college.

CL82

Reaction Score

Sure you did, that’s been your comments in this whole thread. “Yes Syracuse is terrible at basketball. Yes Syracuse, prospects don’t look very good. But, by golly, our AD financials are better than the University of Connecticut’s.“ Who goes on another teams basketball board and does that? Seriously, it’s like the funniest thing I’ve ever heard in my life, or maybe the saddest, I haven’t decided yet.

Reaction Score
Sure you did, that’s been your comments in this whole thread. “Yes Syracuse is terrible at basketball. Yes Syracuse, prospects don’t look very good. But, by golly, our AD financials are better than the University of Connecticut’s.“ Who goes on another teams basketball board and does that? Seriously, it’s like the funniest thing I’ve ever heard in my life, or maybe the saddest, I haven’t decided yet.
You know how to copy and paste, right? Like I said...facts matter. Saying one school left to secure a financial future and that another school is 40 million, in the hole in just athletics are FACTS.But, you're nit worried about their future. What? lol Not bragging. It's a fact. You think a school that's been around since the 1870s is going to just poof, but they make a move to ensure that doesn't happen and that's why (one of many rotating excuses) the basketball team is bad. Now..that is sad logic. And Syracuse isn't terrible at Basketball. They are terrible right now. lol I'm okay with that. You aren't? lmao

Reaction Score
Let's see...ten years ago...so 2011. No, you probably weren't asked because...wait for it...the whole 2003 lawsuit against BC ..who by 2011 was already in the ACC, and any sports fans knows...they blocked you. You could have left with BC in 2003/06. You didn't. And I don't want to rehash the whole lawsuit thing because that's another topic, but in response to your post...the year matters. It's also worth noting they didn't block Pitt even though they were also part of the lawsuit against BC and the ACC.

So yea...they probably did choose Syracuse as the lesser of the remaining evils. I don't see the relevance. What is relevant is none of these moves...in or out of a conference had squat to do with how rabid the school's fans were. And please, point out where I ever said Syracuse was some great prize. You must be confusing me with some other fan. lol And Syracuse is a University...not a college.
Syracuse is a clown college, and its days are numbered. Nobody wants to spend $80,000 a year to send their kids to a clown college.

The reason you "don't see the relevance" is because I am not actually engaging in debate with your trollish and incoherent comments, which are all over the place logically. Waste of everyone's time and keystrokes, really. Your comments should be exhibit A in any evaluation of Syracuse's academic standards, assuming that you actually graduated from there which I seriously doubt.

I am just giving you some real talk about your clown college. But it seems like you are not ready to face certain realities.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You know how to copy and paste, right? Like I said...facts matter. Saying one school left to secure a financial future and that another school is 40 million, in the hole in just athletics are FACTS.But, you're nit worried about their future. What? lol Not bragging. It's a fact. You think a school that's been around since the 1870s is going to just poof, but they make a move to ensure that doesn't happen and that's why (one of many rotating excuses) the basketball team is bad. Now..that is sad logic. And Syracuse isn't terrible at Basketball. They are terrible right now. lol I'm okay with that. You aren't? lmao
You must be fun at parties

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom