No Point Guard | Page 4 | The Boneyard

No Point Guard

Reaction Score
ur kind of a 24/7, always triggered loon, with dry feet.
my posts that you stroked out on didn't mention you, or anyone else for that matter, yet somehow, and as usual, u take them as a personal affront.

Not personal Cliffy just whacked on your part. Easy as saying you make no sense.

That’s replying Susan!

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, Newton will likely be one of our top three productive players. Is he a pure pg, of course not. He’s a scorer, who can create and dish to some extent. Newton is a combo guard.
Hawkins is a 2 Guard. Diarra is primarily a defensive stopper. Jackson is perhaps a point forward who rebounds like a power forward but passes like a point guard, but perhaps without the penetration. Jackson is good on defense and the hope is that the work he’s put in on his shot will present when the bright lights go on.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think the OP is preposterous. But let's be honest with ourselves, we really don't know what we have in this team this year. How could we? its fun to talk about it, but any definite stance at this point in the year is pure posturing.

This is the posture I'm taking and I stand by it.

Reaction Score
I think the OP is preposterous. But let's be honest with ourselves, we really don't know what we have in this team this year. How could we? its fun to talk about it, but any definite stance at this point in the year is pure posturing.
I agree with everything you said. Lots to be excited about, but just as many unknowns. One thing I know for sure is that a returning trio of Sanogo, Jackson and Hawkins is really strong, so if Newton and ANYBODY else play really well we have a Top 15 squad. Can't wait to see it unfold.

Reaction Score
You must be a “super casual fan”

Maybe you should follow the team more cause this is one of the dumbest posts that I’ve seen in a while. Newton was a first team all AAC point guard and he’s 6’5”, Diarra played for Texas A&M(?) last year and is a more than capable backup at point guard and Jackson will fill the role of point forward.
Thank you...

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I would love to hear more about how Newton is looking. He is the biggest unknown to me that seems to have a real shot at changing the trajectory of this team.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This post inspired me place a +6600 title futures bet on our Huskies.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Word from insiders is we don't have a point guard. With all the excitement about the starting lineup we don't have a season without a point guard.
What would last season have been without Cole? The Greeks aren't paying him because he's a. Smuck. Best point guard in BE last year will be sorely missed without a ball handling replacement for him.
Jackson and Hawkins haven't ever shown they can replace Cole.
Haven’t been on in awhile. Same ole dolts! Never changes lol

Reaction Score
Word from insiders is we don't have a point guard. With all the excitement about the starting lineup we don't have a season without a point guard.
What would last season have been without Cole? The Greeks aren't paying him because he's a. Smuck. Best point guard in BE last year will be sorely missed without a ball handling replacement for him.
Jackson and Hawkins haven't ever shown they can replace Cole.
Are you high? Newton averaged 5 assist last season. What a pointless post.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I do think turnovers will be a problem. Newton averaged 3.5! Jackson averaged a couple, Diarra had an even TO to assist ratio. No real safe guard of the ball on this team. Anyone saying they don’t foresee turnovers being a problem is lying. With that said we should play uptempo and force lots of turnovers so it shouldn’t matter as much..

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I do think turnovers will be a problem. Newton averaged 3.5! Jackson averaged a couple, Diarra had an even TO to assist ratio. No real safe guard of the ball on this team. Anyone saying they don’t foresee turnovers being a problem is lying. With that said we should play uptempo and force lots of turnovers so it shouldn’t matter as much..
Newton was fifth in the AAC in assist-to-turnover ratio last season.

Reaction Score
Admittedly, I’ve only seen highlights of Newton and read about him. It seems worth mentioning that he had the 24th best assist rate in the country at 34.4% last year. Cole was 24.9%, FYI.
BF81B877-8E06-4603-8733-BAE5E78A0504.jpeg

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I would love to hear more about how Newton is looking. He is the biggest unknown to me that seems to have a real shot at changing the trajectory of this team.
How is a PG that played 30+ mpg over three years in the AAC "the biggest unknown". I'm genuinely curious. I would put Samson, Hawkins, Karaban, maybe even Andre's development as bigger unknowns. It feels like Newton and Adama are probably the two most known quantities at this point. Is your point just that you haven't personally watched him?

Reaction Score
How is a PG that played 30+ mpg over three years in the AAC "the biggest unknown". I'm genuinely curious. I would put Samson, Hawkins, Karaban, maybe even Andre's development as bigger unknowns. It feels like Newton and Adama are probably the two most known quantities at this point. Is your point just that you haven't personally watched him?
I think his point is that we've heard little nuggets about all those other guys but not Newton. Jackson's improved form on his shot, lots of talk about him stepping up as a leader. Been talk about Johnson turning potential into production and Karaban pushing him and it being a legit competition at the 4 spot. There hasn't been much of anything said about Newton though

Reaction Score
I think his point is that we've heard little nuggets about all those other guys but not Newton. Jackson's improved form on his shot, lots of talk about him stepping up as a leader. Been talk about Johnson turning potential into production and Karaban pushing him and it being a legit competition at the 4 spot. There hasn't been much of anything said about Newton though

Yeah but Newton has played a ton of college games, which you'd think would be more revealing than the BS anecdotal stuff that leaks out during the summer about these other guys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom