No more talk about patience, empty cupboards, and rebuilding. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

No more talk about patience, empty cupboards, and rebuilding.

Reaction Score
My solution is to be a human being with a brain and not throw temper tantrums because impossible things don’t happen.
What temper tantrum did he make? He's simply stating that UConn needs four star recruits and a coach that knows the modern game of football to be successful. Pretty simple to understand...even with a "brain"

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Foook you, what the heck are you going to preach. Another defender of mediocrity. Got any guts to call out Uconn, C'mon man the University needs criticism in any way shape or form.

You clearly know nothing about college football and football recruiting if you think a school in this conference and this part of the country will be able to recruit four-star players. Who the coach is or isn’t has nothing to do with that. If that’s your standard, then the program will indeed be “mediocre” forever and there isn’t a single thing you can do about it.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
What temper tantrum did he make? He's simply stating that UConn needs four star recruits and a coach that knows the modern game of football to be successful. Pretty simple to understand...even with a "brain"

UConn is not getting four star recruits. It reflects terribly on both your and his brain capacity that you can’t understand that.

Reaction Score
My solution is to be a human being with a brain and not throw temper tantrums because impossible things don’t happen.

Thats right the I give up attitude that things are impossible is what makes UConn a failure right now. Its going to take determination, blood and guts to turn our situation around and maybe just maybe the AD will have the intestinal fortitude to let this guy go. In otherwards you have no solution.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Thats right the I give up attitude that things are impossible is what makes UConn a failure right now. Its going to take determination, blood and guts to turn our situation around and maybe just maybe the AD will have the intestinal fortitude to let this guy go. In otherwards you have no solution.

If the solution is four-star recruits, there is zero solution. Maybe someday you’ll get that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Its a harbinger of thing to come. Randy pregame said with defenses being designed to stop the pass in today's game. They're not used to stopping a power run game. He sees opportunity there.
Don't know whether to intrigued or frightened by this.

In a monsoon REv2 decided to exploit his teams biggest strengths a mobile QB and decent RB. I'm not troubled by that though I fully agree that more passing would have made that plan more successful.

For everyone yelling for a new coach, 1) who are we going to get who's any better than Edsall and 2) what coach who is worth a damn is going to take the job after we fire REv2 after two years?

Reaction Score
UConn is not getting four star recruits. It reflects terribly on both your and his brain capacity that you can’t understand that.
So why root for UConn football then..... satisfied with twelve fans in the stands and losing records every year? Simple mind

Reaction Score

Hey superhero, Einstein wannabe, it doesn't take a brain to understand whats going on with the program. I know nothing about college football my ass and your gods gift because you have brain. C'mon man. Sounds to me you are giving up saying 4-star recruits are impossible. Nothing is impossible. Where there is a will there's a way. AD Dave is capable of finding that guy to get those recruits otherwise settle for mediocrity for years to come.

Everyone on this board cares about the program or they wouldn't be here, but we can't settle for mediocrity year after year.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Hey superhero, Einstein wannabe, it doesn't take a brain to understand whats going on with the program. I know nothing about college football my ass and your gods gift because you have brain. C'mon man. Sounds to me you are giving up saying 4-star recruits are impossible. Nothing is impossible. Where there is a will there's a way. AD Dave is capable of finding that guy to get those recruits otherwise settle for mediocrity for years to come.

Everyone on this board cares about the program or they wouldn't be here, but we can't settle for mediocrity year after year.

“Where there’s a will, there’s a way” doesn’t mean jack . That’s not how the world works.

Reaction Score
“Where there’s a will, there’s a way” doesn’t mean jack . That’s not how the world works.

In your world it doesn't mean jack. You obviously don't care about losing. Lets stay the way we are with Edsall at the helm for another ten years. Losing every week is ok with you, so lets celebrate getting those 2/3 star guys every year.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
In your world it doesn't mean jack. You obviously don't care about losing. Lets stay the way we are with Edsall at the helm for another ten years. Losing every week is ok with you, so lets celebrate getting those 2/3 star guys every year.

No coach will be able to bring 4-star recruits here.

Not one.

Painting me as someone who wants to keep Edsall around for 10 years is rich considering the fact that I started the thread asking people who they want to see replace him within the next year or two.

The program can clearly be run much better than it is. That does not involve 4-star recruits. Your mental fixation on something that is never gong to happen regardless of who the coach is, well, it's getting weird at this point.

Seriously, we'll lose every week unless we get 4-star recruits? I'm curious to hear how your brain approaches everyday life situations.

Reaction Score

Not one.

Painting me as someone who wants to keep Edsall around for 10 years is rich considering the fact that I started the thread asking people who they want to see replace him within the next year or two.

The program can clearly be run much better than it is. That does not involve 4-star recruits. Your mental fixation on something that is never gong to happen regardless of who the coach is, well, it's getting weird at this point.

Seriously, we'll lose every week unless we get 4-star recruits? I'm curious to hear how your brain approaches everyday life situations.
He's saying that a coach can come in here and with motivation and a solid pitch can attempt to bring in 4star guys, will it help with winning, who knows, but it's a suggestion that he feels is necessary in his mind to solve the pathetic coaching we have had and lack of a solid roster. PP, disco and edsall are all the same....limited philosophy with a set player in mind to run their limited 1960s football strategy. Firstinline wants someone new with a modern mindset...that is closer to today's game. Will that yield a four star recruit or two.......it's possible.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
He's saying that a coach can come in here and with motivation and a solid pitch can attempt to bring in 4star guys, will it help with winning, who knows, but it's a suggestion that he feels is necessary in his mind to solve the pathetic coaching we have had and lack of a solid roster. PP, disco and edsall are all the same....limited philosophy with a set player in mind to run their limited 1960s football strategy. Firstinline wants someone new with a modern mindset...that is closer to today's game. Will that yield a four star recruit or two..it's possible.

He is saying that we will continue to be terrible until we get 4-star recruits. Anyone who watches any of the other teams in this conference will tell you how blatantly untrue that is.

Reaction Score

Not one.

Seriously, we'll lose every week unless we get 4-star recruits? I'm curious to hear how your brain approaches everyday life situations.[/QUO

What ++k do you care about my life sutuations. Hey brain man, grow some grapefruits and have some guts to tell us your real solutions and answers to the future of the program. The program can be run much better than it is. Wow that took a lot of thought.

Just so you know, I talked to an All American, believe me or not who lived on the street behind me and this goes back to Edsalls first stint here and he told me there was no mutual interest. He went to a Big Ten school. We need someone who is more aggressive and persuasive at recruiting. Enough with the put downs, we need someone relentless. A coach that coaches for today not yesteryear should be priority now.

Reaction Score
He is saying that we will continue to be terrible until we get 4-star recruits. Anyone who watches any of the other teams in this conference will tell you how blatantly untrue that is.
At least he's making an effort to a suggest a solution...you haven't

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
At least he's making an effort to a suggest a solution...you haven't

He might as well be suggesting we go recruit aliens from another planet. Stupid and unfeasible solutions aren't solutions.

Reaction Score

Not one.

Didn't even make a suggestion on who you want in that thread either.....

Reaction Score
He might as well be suggesting we go recruit aliens from another planet. Stupid and unfeasible solutions aren't solutions.

Hey I was just thinking of Edsall getting recruits from the planet Argon. You wouldn't know the difference. We are waiting for your response for a better life in the AAC. No balls

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Didn't even make a suggestion on who you want in that thread either.....

Joe Harasymiak, Andrew Breiner, Rob Ambrose...all of them have the capacity to improve the program, and none of them would ever be able to bring a 4-star recruit here...

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Hey I was just thinking of Edsall getting recruits from the planet Argon. You wouldn't know the difference. We are waiting for your response for a better life in the AAC. No balls

You want a better life in the AAC? Look at AAC teams that beat us. That's right, they do it with 2 and 3 star players...they have good coaches who are good at identifying talent, and they are able to craft a modern scheme. Your obsession with 4-star players being the end-all be-all of how a team is turned around is so far off base. It's so infuriating arguing with people who don't know jack about this level of football and don't know jack about recruiting, but think they're geniuses.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
In other words you have zero to offer, just as I thought.

Your stupidity clogs up the board and deters people with actual solutions from entering into the conversation.

Spitting out impossible solutions that come from a place devoid of actual knowledge of college football is much worse than keeping quiet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom