No more talk about patience, empty cupboards, and rebuilding. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No more talk about patience, empty cupboards, and rebuilding.

Reaction Score
I disagree. I don't think we know what Dunn is or can call because of the head coach and his conservative play calling.

Still not sure why UConn is playing conservative when you have nothing to lose with doing different things on offense and defense.

What do you have to say about Lashlee lighting it up on offense last year? I do think Dunn is calling the plays and it’s inept to be honest.

Reaction Score
Just stop. This is typical Edsall apologist nonsense. We've seen enough of Pindell throwing to know what he is. He is lights out better than his opponent today. He was not allowed to throw . That int was laughable. Lets throw a wheel route down the sideline to the RB we always throw wheel routes to when he's In the game. We will get tricky and disguise it, with a Pindell fake sweep run play.

Outcoached. UMass knew the play was coming and had the rb doubled on the play.

Randy right now is trash on sideline.

I wouldn't call Randy trash. At his best he was an average coach, the game has passed him for some time. Currently he is, at best, a below-average coach.

However this is not new. There was a reason why he was fired from his last gig, a reason why no other college football coach showed any interest in him after he was fired, and a reason why Lashlee (the sole bright spot on coaching staff last year) got out of here as fast as he could after spending one year with Edsall.

Reaction Score
What do you have to say about Lashlee lighting it up on offense last year? I do think Dunn is calling the plays and it’s inept to be honest.
Lashlee turned into an inept oc as soon as uconn got into the redzone...but has a brainfart and couldn't score half the time, he sucked just as much

Reaction Score
AD needs to get the next guy to recruit 4-star guys period. That's the only way the program turns around. Talk about coaching, strategy scheming all you want, we need the thoroughbreds to be competitive.

Reaction Score
AD needs to get the next guy to recruit 4-star guys period. That's the only way the program turns around. Talk about coaching, strategy scheming all you want, we need the thoroughbreds to be competitive.
Also need to get these kids into the weight room....they always get pushed around and have been for 7 years

Reaction Score
Who is going to want to come? Trouble is that we are a distant outpost in a terrible conference.
You have to have something special for a kid to want to come to a now budget strapped university stuck in an uninspiring and financially distressed conference. (We should post a rogues' gallery of all those jerks who started us on the road to ruin.).
So sure Crocker should be fired, but what then? It doesn't get us any closer to solving the problem.

Reaction Score

Dunn is calling the plays that Randy sez he can call.

We can pound the DC/OC all day (and continue to change them out) but @ the end of the day/game this is Edsall’s game planning on both sides of the ball. He hasn’t changed significantly from RE1.0.

Reaction Score
You got everything going against us. There is no tradition first and foremost, no campus stadium. no buzz or enthusiasm on campus itself amongst other things. Need to find a Hurley like guy, someone who commands attention, someone who relates to young people and someone who is skillful in the art of persuasion. It's a difficult task for sure

Reaction Score

We can pound the DC/OC all day (and continue to change them out) but @ the end of the day/game this is Edsall’s game planning on both sides of the ball. He hasn’t changed significantly from RE1.0.
I’ve been all in on RE 2.0 - still am actually, but yesterday was the first serious blow to my confidence. That loss was on Randy. Once they figured out we were not going to pass they adjusted. Also blaming the quarterback’s hand size in his public comments was bad, even if was the reason in his mind.

On to the next. Hopefully he demands as much dedication to improvement in himself as he does in his players.

Reaction Score
Who is going to want to come? Trouble is that we are a distant outpost in a terrible conference.
You have to have something special for a kid to want to come to a now budget strapped university stuck in an uninspiring and financially distressed conference. (We should post a rogues' gallery of all those jerks who started us on the road to ruin.).
So sure Crocker should be fired, but what then? It doesn't get us any closer to solving the problem.
Temple is playing quite well.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call Randy trash. At his best he was an average coach, the game has passed him for some time. Currently he is, at best, a below-average coach.

However this is not new. There was a reason why he was fired from his last gig, a reason why no other college football coach showed any interest in him after he was fired, and a reason why Lashlee (the sole bright spot on coaching staff last year) got out of here as fast as he could after spending one year with Edsall.
Once upon time he did great things here. What we saw yesterday was garbage.

Reaction Score
Unless a booster pony’s up like $20m I don’t see how we have winning football team essentially ever again
No one in their right mind is going to give significant money to this clown show.

Maybe the next president AD combo can change things around. This one has flopped.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Still trying to decide which legacy will be worse for him if this doesn't end in him turning the program around.

Fans will either remember him as the coach who bailed on us and eventually started our collapse or as the coach who came back and made things worse or no better.

I really hope he turns it around because he really should be remembered for all the amazing work he did from our birth in FBS up to the Fiesta Bowl. However, in our short term memory society, he'll only be remembered for how his career ends.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Programs i’d liked to aspire to; army, buffalo, temple. All three here in the northeast dealing with the same recruiting handicaps as UConn, but playing far better than past 5 seasons. And then there is Syracuse and BC too, both playing some exciting football. Well, I mean both manage to win some games and have some fun once in a while.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
AD needs to get the next guy to recruit 4-star guys period. That's the only way the program turns around.

I'm going to try to not over-do it in my criticism of this post, so here goes:

I can count the amount of 4 star recruits that have ever come to UConn on one hand. Literally. I don't need more than 5 fingers to cover them all. The boneyard old timers could rattle them off without looking, I'm sure. Jarell Miller, Dwayne Difton, Zach Frazer (transfer), Chandler Whitmer (transfer) and possibly one more that I'm forgetting about.

What this program DOES need is to stay getting those high quality 3 star recruits that will turn our fortunes around. Kids who are looked at by more than just Old Dominion or URI or Bucknell. Not only is that realistic, but it's happened before. But it only happens if recruits believe in the coach, the program, and the possibility of winning while playing.

Let's hope that belief is still out there on the recruiting trail...

Reaction Score
I'm going to try to not over-do it in my criticism of this post, so here goes:

I can count the amount of 4 star recruits that have ever come to UConn on one hand. Literally. I don't need more than 5 fingers to cover them all. The boneyard old timers could rattle them off without looking, I'm sure. Jarell Miller, Dwayne Difton, Zach Frazer (transfer), Chandler Whitmer (transfer) and possibly one more that I'm forgetting about.

What this program DOES need is to stay getting those high quality 3 star recruits that will turn our fortunes around. Kids who are looked at by more than just Old Dominion or URI or Bucknell. Not only is that realistic, but it's happened before. But it only happens if recruits believe in the coach, the program, and the possibility of winning while playing.

Let's hope that belief is still out there on the recruiting trail...

Thank you - the continual “recruit 4 star players” mantra was gnawing @ me too but each response I tried was over the top and a result of frustration in yesterday’s outcome.

Reaction Score
Programs i’d liked to aspire to; army, buffalo,.

I agree. BTW Monken (Army) and Leipold (Buffalo) were both 2-10 in their second year before turning their program around in year three, lets give Randy 2.0 the same third year opportunity (at least) before deciding he isn't the guy.

Reaction Score
I've decided to look at all this through rose colored glasses. Have been looking at HCRE2.0 and critiquing return of his HCRE1.0 tendencies where he tight butt's his team to losses, wrong view. I should appreciate the fact that I'm not critiquing how he could be losing games by 40+ points.

Reaction Score
I have patience don’t worry all you haters when we do great. I don’t want to hear it I am a supporter all the way. This team will grow and prove you all worng

Reaction Score
I still believe he will turn it around.....eventually. But please, Randy, no more turtle ball like yesterday and let's start getting some reps for next year's QBs. Having lost our best shot at a second victory, I am resigned to a 1-11 season. Give the QBs with the (hopefully) larger hands some experience, and not at turtle ball.

Reaction Score

Question did Randy Edsall tell Lashlee what he can call? The offense is night and day from last year to this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom