No more talk about patience, empty cupboards, and rebuilding. | The Boneyard

No more talk about patience, empty cupboards, and rebuilding.

Reaction Score
This was coaching negligence. He handed this game away with his pathetic offensive game plan. Trying to run out the clock from the 1st play.

Does anyone believe the UMass QB is a better passer than Pindell? This was not talent this was 100 percent coaching induced loss.

Reaction Score
Does anyone believe the UMass QB is a better passer than Pindell?

Today he was.

Comis - 8/15, 197 Yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT
Pindell - 4/6, 15 Yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT

One of Comis' passes was a deep one, SPOT ON, that the WR dropped early in the game. I remember at least one other UMass drop as well that would've made Comis' stats all the better. Not to mention the perfectly thrown TD Comis threw that was called back for offensive holding.

Comis had more time to throw. Pindell was throwing on the run or forced to tuck and run. Their secondary is better than ours. And Pindell's INT was severely underthrown. Comis looked better than Pindell today. And it wasn't the coaches fault.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Needs to be emphasized that we didn't just lose to UMass, we lost to their backup quarterback.

I agree that the coach speak needs to end about 'buy in' and all that garbage. Win or . You get paid $1 million a year, figure it out.

Reaction Score
....Does anyone believe the UMass QB is a better passer than Pindell? This was not talent this was 100 percent coaching induced loss.

You have it wrong... it was the UMass backup QB... it’s even worse...so, it’s more like 200% coaching induced loss.

Reaction Score
Today he was.

One of Comis' passes was a deep one, SPOT ON, that the WR dropped early in the game. I remember at least one other UMass drop as well that would've made Comis' stats all the better. Not to mention the perfectly thrown TD Comis threw that was called back for offensive holding.

Comis had more time to throw. Pindell was throwing on the run or forced to tuck and run. Their secondary is better than ours. And Pindell's INT was severely underthrown. Comis looked better than Pindell today. And it wasn't the coaches fault.
Just stop. This is typical Edsall apologist nonsense. We've seen enough of Pindell throwing to know what he is. He is lights out better than his opponent today. He was not allowed to throw . That int was laughable. Lets throw a wheel route down the sideline to the RB we always throw wheel routes to when he's In the game. We will get tricky and disguise it, with a Pindell fake sweep run play.

Outcoached. UMass knew the play was coming and had the rb doubled on the play.

Randy right now is trash on sideline.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
We were completely one-dimensional on offense until the very last possession of the game when it was pretty obvious we had to become one-dimensional the other direction.

Just a horrific offensive philosophy which was imposed on the kids. They're not particularly good and they played hard but this one was completely on the coaches for having no damn faith in our ability to anything other than run the ball on offense.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget that our secondary looked awful on passing plays today. If the weather was better, thus more passing, UMASS wins comfortably.

If the weather was better we'd have thrown more than 6 times though too and they wouldn't have stacked the box on defense. Better weather I think would have favored us, but that being said.. we went into a shell and played not to lose. .. And lost

Reaction Score
UMASS had the better secondary. They hit harder on running plays and were better in coverage. Edsall played conservative and if not for the holding call this game would have swung in UMASS's favor earlier. Edsall spent the game walking up and down the sideline with hood on talking to his headset. No interaction with the team. I am not sure at this point that the players care if they win or lose watching them on the sidelines. This team needs leaders badly and I don't see any. Such a pathetic state of affairs.

Reaction Score
We were completely one-dimensional on offense until the very last possession of the game when it was pretty obvious we had to become one-dimensional the other direction.

Just a horrific offensive philosophy which was imposed on the kids. They're not particularly good and they played hard but this one was completely on the coaches for having no damn faith in our ability to anything other than run the ball on offense.
Its a harbinger of thing to come. Randy pregame said with defenses being designed to stop the pass in today's game. They're not used to stopping a power run game. He sees opportunity there.

Reaction Score
UMASS had the better secondary. They hit harder on running plays and were better in coverage. Edsall played conservative and if not for the holding call this game would have swung in UMASS's favor earlier. Edsall spent the game walking up and down the sideline with hood on talking to his headset. No interaction with the team. I am not sure at this point that the players care if they win or lose watching them on the sidelines. This team needs leaders badly and I don't see any. Such a pathetic state of affairs.
They scored on the drive where holding was called about 3 plays later. Not sure that delayed the outcome anymore.

Does Edsall care?

Reaction Score
Its a harbinger of thing to come. Randy pregame said with defenses being designed to stop the pass in today's game. They're not used to stopping a power run game. He sees opportunity there.

Power running game requires a back that knows how to go straight for a yard and half when needed instead of sideways. Mensah is average at best. Edsall is delusional.

Reaction Score
Today he was.

Pindell had forever to pass on the rare ocassions he stayed in the pocket. And we never even tried play action passing which would have given him infinity plus one to throw. What were you watching?

Reaction Score
If was the offense that was just terrible. Nothing more boring than hike it to the QB and see if he can make something happen. They've been doing some interesting things all year, yet today it was back to Diaco mode. I don't get it. All of a sudden he coached like he had great D and just need to eat clock. The fact that the D is weak is no surprise. UConn needed to score points. It's depressing to think that whenever Randy thinks they have a real chance to win, they will go conservative.

Reaction Score
This was coaching negligence. He handed this game away with his pathetic offensive game plan. Trying to run out the clock from the 1st play.

Does anyone believe the UMass QB is a better passer than Pindell? This was not talent this was 100 percent coaching induced loss.

Dunn is not that good of a coordinator either. We’re getting distracted with Crocker, but I haven’t been that impressed with Dunn. Lashlee was the real deal, his offense was impressive.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Dunn is not that good of a coordinator either. We’re getting distracted with Crocker, but I haven’t been that impressed with Dunn. Lashlee was the real deal, his offense was impressive.

I disagree. I don't think we know what Dunn is or can call because of the head coach and his conservative play calling.

Still not sure why UConn is playing conservative when you have nothing to lose with doing different things on offense and defense.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Unless a booster pony’s up like $20m I don’t see how we have winning football team essentially ever again

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom