2025 Recruiting: - Niko Bundalo Update | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Niko Bundalo Update

Reaction Score
Hurley said he wants Aidan to hit his scoring average from the last 2 years but with fewer shot attempts/better efficiency
I’d love it if he does I’m pulling for him. But I see Ball and then Stewart as the next most likely guys to be the third leading scorer. But I think we both realize too that this year’s team won’t be quite as good defensively as last year’s and will need to get some scoring from the supporting cast.

Reaction Score
I'm beginning to think some of you people aren't happy without something to complain about. We could have the #1 class in the country and some of you would still complain about the guys we didn't get

Attachments

• IMG_3231.jpeg
    IMG_3231.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 91

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
4 freshmen in your top 8 rotation makes you awfully young for a championship contender in the transfer portal era. The last 2 years, none of the Final Four had more than 2 freshmen in their end of season rotation. Even without COVID seniors next year, teams will still grab veterans from midmajors and the resource-lacking high majors.

You can take 4 freshman, but taking top 50 guys means they expect to be in the rotation. If they're not, they'll leave anyways, so you don't gain much benefit from having them. So taking a 4th top 50 guy has a big opportunity cost. 3 and a development guy is much better than 4 top 50 guys IMO.
This reasoning suggests that getting Mullins would create a Final Four problem.

It’s not an easy decision to pass on a player that fits the character and skill set Hurley values. He has to weigh that against the maturity and experience that can be gained through the portal.

He also puts value in keeping his current players happy. Recruiting over them can be perceived negatively depending on what they were told and could impact team chemistry this year.

It’s fascinating that the coaches might be in a position that forces them to turn away incredible talent who would prefer coming here.

Reaction Score
Exactly why I am not buying the Duke hype. Their freshmen might be really good but tough to to rely on several freshmen and win a championship. And while we may have a terrific freshmen class coming in next year we all need relax with expectations

Reaction Score
We would have the #1 class with Bundalo and I have a feeling bendm would complain about it.
Then You missed the point of every post I’ve made in this thread. I said I couldn’t be happier with a class of Adams/Reibe/Mullins. If Hurley takes Bundalo too that’s gravy and I 100% trust him. It’s The posters that are coveting Bundalo without recognizing how it could affect current players or that are going even further and declaring it’s fine if some are forced out, that I’m taking issue with.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Then You missed the point of every post I’ve made in this thread. I said I couldn’t be happier with a class of Adams/Reibe/Mullins. If Hurley takes Bundalo too that’s gravy and I 100% trust him. It’s The posters that are coveting Bundalo without recognizing how it could affect current players or that are going even further and declaring it’s fine if some are forced out, that I’m taking issue with.
I covet him but I trust the staff on roster construction because they’ve earned it 100%.

Reaction Score
Would've saved yourself a lot of posts in this thread.
I have said that… It’s The posters that are coveting Bundalo without recognizing how it could affect current players or that are going even further and declaring it’s fine if some are forced out, that I’m taking issue with. These arent contradictory viewpoints.

Reaction Score
I have said that… It’s The posters that are coveting Bundalo without recognizing how it could affect current players or that are going even further and declaring it’s fine if some are forced out, that I’m taking issue with. These arent contradictory viewpoints.
Exactly. I’ll trust Hurley regardless of what he decides but people wanting to stockpile talent like Duke and Kentucky when UConn has been winning natties with a different approach. I’d be very surprised if Hurley decided to run off experienced players just to sign more highly rated freshman. Team chemistry and morale are a big part of this as well.

Reaction Score
We don't know the roster for next year yet you're assigning starting positions and minutes to players 13 months before the season. You were saying you couldn't believe how difficult recruiting is for Hurley yet you're talking about Hurley turning away a 5 star recruit because our talent is too good and you don't want any players leaving. Again, trust the coach.

Reaction Score
I covet him but I trust the staff on roster construction because they’ve earned it 100%.
I think if he does not take Bundalo it will be to leave space for a veteran or 2 in transfer portal to compliment the outstanding youth and maximize chance to win number 8

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This was my thought initially and then I realized one of the few victory laps left for Hurley to take is to win a freshman-based championship in this era, essentially telling squid and scheyer to suck it
Interesting thoughts but doesn't seem like the kind of motivation DH has consistently stressed in his culture formation.

Reaction Score
You were saying you couldn't believe how difficult recruiting is for Hurley yet you're talking about Hurley turning away a 5 star recruit because our talent is too good and you don't want any players leaving
counting Mullins I posted that two 5* commits ago so yes mission accomplished

Reaction Score
I'm beginning to think some of you people aren't happy without something to complain about. We could have the #1 class in the country and some of you would still complain about the guys we didn't get
It’s Connecticut after all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom