2025 Recruiting: - Niko Bundalo Update | Page 22 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Niko Bundalo Update

Reaction Score
it was a discussion of the real good freshman out of new haven, and his propensity to chirp. I don't like the tendency some have to smear recruits so I respected it when you didnt throw his name out. No need for dirty laundry with these 17 year olds. Not to mention the kid out of New haven who is 15?
Not to advocate for smearing, but to play some devils advocate, should they be treated much differently than professional athletes these days? I realize these are 17 year olds, but they’re also signing up for 7 figures to play a game ;).

AJ was mixing it up with the Lakers last night, clearly living it up to the fullest sitting near their bench. And good for him, as he’s seeing privileges very few kids his age get. Have some skepticism to the level of humility there to warrant the price tag for one year we’re hearing. It feels like a one year expo coming more than a contribution to team hoops. Will be really curious to how that one lands and plays out.

Tangientally as don’t feel like starting a new topic, but interesting thread on Rupp talking about UK rival list, with the Huskies popping up. Always interesting to see how we are perceived by “fellow” blue blood fan bases.

Reaction Score
Not to advocate for smearing, but to play some devils advocate, should they be treated much differently than professional athletes these days? I realize these are 17 year olds, but they’re also signing up for 7 figures to play a game ;).

AJ was mixing it up with the Lakers last night, clearly living it up to the fullest sitting near their bench. And good for him, as he’s seeing privileges very few kids his age get. Have some skepticism to the level of humility there to warrant the price tag for one year we’re hearing. It feels like a one year expo coming more than a contribution to team hoops. Will be really curious to how that one lands and plays out.

Tangientally as don’t feel like starting a new topic, but interesting thread on Rupp talking about UK rival list, with the Huskies popping up. Always interesting to see how we are perceived by “fellow” blue blood fan bases.:D

And also on the UK Rupp page they seem pretty hyped to be "beating out" UConn for Acaden Lewis.

Reaction Score
And also on the UK Rupp page they seem pretty hyped to be "beating out" UConn for Acaden Lewis.
Let's give UK their due: Their roster is far easier to break into than UConn's.

UConn will just have to live with sharpshooting 6'5" guards that can't wait to fight it out every day for PT.

Reaction Score
They should be thanking UCONN instead of thumping their chest that they beat out UCONN for Lewis. Fortunately for UK, Hurley got the guys he really wanted

Reaction Score
Interesting bc Bundalo & Furphy are both not Americans (Russian & Australian)

Bundalo is American. He was born here, plays here and was raised here. His parents moved here from Serbia as refugees in the 90s. Serbia is not Russia. I'm pretty sure a good ampunt of Serbians would kick your ass for saying that

@superjohn , right?

Reaction Score
Interesting bc Bundalo & Furphy are both not Americans (Russian & Australian)
Bundalo is an American citizen. Furphy would be playing on a Visa, which has NIL implications, which is probably why we have room for him but not an American player.

Reaction Score
They should be thanking UCONN instead of thumping their chest that they beat out UCONN for Lewis. Fortunately for UK, Hurley got the guys he really wanted
I'm happy with our commits but to act like we didn't prioritize or really want Lewis is incorrect.

We visited with him after White House trip. Seems as though Nil may have been a factor in both him and Thomas, which is fine, but they were at top of our list. Still we'll be more than fine with Nowell surrounded by 3 pt shooters

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
A young 50!!! One of the most relevant classes I ever took. Can probably out type most Gen Zs, which is scary. I see some dudes my age hunting and pecking and I cringe.

what are the funniest David Letterman skits was when he invited the world's fastest typist to compete against one of his secretaries. He changed the head on her typewriter so what she was typing turned out to be nothing but profanity.

she finished first, then handed the paper to David. He said oh my and he handed it to her to proof. She stormed off stage.

Reaction Score
A young 50!!! One of the most relevant classes I ever took. Can probably out type most Gen Zs, which is scary. I see some dudes my age hunting and pecking and I cringe.
Probably used to the phones man, makes it tougher on a normal keyboard. Funny how fast things change. People using Chat GPT, TikTok instead of Google as an entry point now!

Reaction Score
If this is true it means UConn, Michigan State and Ohio State are no longer considering adding Bundalo.
Michigan State and Ohio State should be jumping to add a player like this… must be something sketchy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingDawg

Top Bottom