2025 Recruiting: - Niko Bundalo Update | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Niko Bundalo Update

Reaction Score
You mean Mullins
No...I meant Bundalo.

Just saying that whenever Bundalo announces his commitment, I hope his choice is UConn and Reibe announces his excitement to that news using his trademark line.

awy

Reaction Score
it's fine if he goes to OSU for a year or something. can always circle back in the transfer portal if a need/spot pops up. the staff seem to have good relationship with him.

Reaction Score
The one thing I do wonder about is whether Hurley and staff, now that the brand is almighty and attracting top tier recruits, is if they’re willing to start pushing players out of the program that they’ve seen they can upgrade (ala Duke last season). It’s hasn’t happened much, given the player development model but if you’re attracting 5 stars year over year and you can see a glaring opportunity to upgrade talent, you move on it:
Is that really the one thing you wonder? There will be 15 scholarships next year. Why push anyone out, you want to compete you stay, you see better opportunities elsewhere you leave. Great players will be mostly one and done, maybe some two years. That's a lot of bodies to replace each year (when include graduation and leaving for better fit or non NBA pro opportunities), and given the pay for play how many big upgrade guys can you afford to attract if your guys are already mostly real good.

Reaction Score
With Eric & Darius off the board- how many scholarships do we have left to offer for next season? I know we’re eyeing Bundalo,Mullins, and Furphy. I think it’s safe to assume Meleek & Acaden off to Arkansas and Kentucky
Its very safe

Reaction Score
I
Is that really the one thing you wonder? There will be 15 scholarships next year. Why push anyone out, you want to compete you stay, you see better opportunities elsewhere you leave. Great players will be mostly one and done, maybe some two years. That's a lot of bodies to replace each year (when include graduation and leaving for better fit or non NBA pro opportunities), and given the pay for play how many big upgrade guys can you afford to attract if your guys are already mostly real good.
I wonder many things, but in that split second of wonderment twas my wonder. Thanks for asking.

I’d have to think Hurley would be fair enough to upperclassmen he doesn’t feel fit after 2-3 years, to encourage to find PT elsewhere. If he does in fact choose that method. While loyal he wants to win.

It’s a bit silly to think Hurley is going to turn into an NBA farm and send 3-4 guys to the draft year over year.

awy

Reaction Score
well he's sent that many per year so far and the incoming talent is better. as long as they can keep the moat on the coaching edge, no reason why this can't continue.

Reaction Score
well he's sent that many per year so far and the incoming talent is better. as long as they can keep the moat on the coaching edge, no reason why this can't continue.
He had two first round underclassmen drafted this past draft and one underclsssman drafted the year before.

Sanogo and Jackson were second round pick juniors and Newton and Cam were second round pick 5th year seniors.

We haven't exactly been an NBA factory. We should have more first round pick underclasssmen going forward as Hurley and staff are basically getting whoever they want now and we'll have more 5 stars coming in.

awy

Reaction Score
second rounders with a contract are still pretty decent outcomes for guys that were low to not ranked as high school recruits.

i'm not really entirely sure of the point of the discussion anyway. is it about 'nba factory' or the level of turnover in the roster that would justify recruiting more high schoolers into the program?

Reaction Score
He had two first round underclassmen drafted this past draft and one underclsssman drafted the year before.

Sanogo and Jackson were second round pick juniors and Newton and Cam were second round pick 5th year seniors.

We haven't exactly been an NBA factory. We should have more first round pick underclasssmen going forward as Hurley and staff are basically getting whoever they want now and we'll have more 5 stars coming in.
But we are now. And with talent in getting better, so will the talent out.

Reaction Score
Reibe is a 5, high post and low post, who can step out for a 3.
Bundalo is a 4, who says he wants to be a 3.

Reaction Score

This is an outstanding interview with Bundalo. I know it was posted here someplace but I couldn't easily find it so I'm posting it again. At the 4 minute mark he is absolutely clear he plays as a 4. If this interview doesn't sell you on this kid as a fit for our program I'll be shocked. Invest the 12 min to understand this is a guy we should covet.

Reaction Score
Bundalo has the body for a 4 but has the skills and interest to play the 3/SF. Is a great roster fit for a team/coach who likes positionless flexibility in their players.. Time will tell if Dan wants a bigger freshmen class or wants to sprinkle in some portal adds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom