2025 Recruiting: - Niko Bundalo Update | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Niko Bundalo Update

Reaction Score
You don't have to convince me. I think Reibe and Bundalo would be an absolute nightmare for opponents and an absolute joy for UConn fans to watch.
I still believe in the adage, you can't have too much talent. Seems recruits are fine with coming hear knowing that they can earn PT, develop their craft and willing to wait their turn which seems to be of late some PT year 1, solid year 2 and if talented and are still around for year 3, significant PT. Hurley seems to be be able to keep everyone on board and okay with their roles.

Now if Hurley told Reibe that it was either him or Bundalo, then I'm sure he'll keep to his word, but who knows what was was discussed.

IMO, Bundalo is too talented to pass up if he wants to be a f.n. Husky, and rather he land here than to some rival.

Reaction Score
I still believe in the adage, you can't have too much talent. Seems recruits are fine with coming hear knowing that they can earn PT, develop their craft and willing to wait their turn which seems to be of late some PT year 1, solid year 2 and if talented and are still around for year 3, significant PT. Hurley seems to be be able to keep everyone on board and okay with their roles.

Now if Hurley told Reibe that it was either him or Bundalo, then I'm sure he'll keep to his word, but who knows what was was discussed.

IMO, Bundalo is too talented to pass up if he wants to be a f.n. Husky, and rather he land here than to some rival.
This does bear watching as my sense is Bundalo would kill to play for Hurley. Question is more on the UConn end and if they feel they can make room and find NIL. Making room would really be saying Hurley open to upgrading talent and making kids “earn” their spot on the team. I don’t sense that’s the direction he wants to go as too much of a loyalist.

If a kid loves hoops, is fiery, and loves to be developed then what other coach can come close? The alternative sounds like OSU, where Diebler landed the role out of default.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Stew would be the lightest PF I've seen at UConn in some time: Adrien, Boone, Freeman, Oriakhi, Donyell, all 235-255 lbs. Guess times are a changing.
Maybe Roscoe but he was Loooooooong.

Reaction Score
If Bundalo and Abraham played 4, whoever returns shares 3 with Ross, leaving Adams and Mullins at 2, Nowell and Mahaney at 1. That's a full ten man rotation
if liam and either stew or ball both gro pro then yeah bundalo fits right in as the starting PF, but that's a big if. what if stew and ball both return? someone show me how that 11 man rotation (not even including singare) is workable

Reaction Score
Could we even take Bundalo, if Mullins takes the only available Scholly we have right now or would he have to commit at the end of the year once AK, Hassan and Samson are all gone?

Reaction Score
if liam and either stew or ball both gro pro then yeah bundalo fits right in as the starting PF, but that's a big if. what if stew and ball both return? someone show me how that 11 man rotation (not even including singare) is workable
He could commit and then pull a Liam and decommit In the spring if the roster doesn’t shake out as he expects

Reaction Score
Could we even take Bundalo, if Mullins takes the only available Scholly we have right now or would he have to commit at the end of the year once AK, Hassan and Samson are all gone?
They go up to 15 as noted, but you don't need to have open scholarships anyway. I don't expect UConn to do it, but you can go over the limit with commits, someone just has to move on after the season before they enroll

Reaction Score
Yes, easily.

Two players run out of eligibility and it's baked in that two others will leave early for the NBA which will put us at 11 used scholarships once Braylon Mullins announces for UConn on Wednesday. 15 avaliable scholarships now with the rule change.

Reaction Score
I don't see any issue at all in comparison to this year unless the staff only expects the nba to be interested in Alex.
Diarra replaced by Adams
Johnson replaced by Reibe
Alex replaced by Bundalo
Liam/or Ball/ or Stewart to draft replaced by Mullins
Nearly 90 minutes a game become up for grabs

Reaction Score
There are at least 4 schollies open for next year. SJ, Hassan, Karaban, and the open 13th. Bundalo is our man, maybe Furphy, we haven't heard anything positive lately about Lewis or Thomas. Maybe McNeely jumps in the draft if he has a solid year opening up a 5th. Maybe we only take 4 players, McNeeley goes in the draft and we keep that 13th open still for flexibility. Hurley seems to like having that open just in case he wants to make a move. I don't know if this program even wants the proposed 15 players; I'm sure it would be harder to keep everything tight.

Reaction Score

With Eric & Darius off the board- how many scholarships do we have left to offer for next season? I know we’re eyeing Bundalo,Mullins, and Furphy. I think it’s safe to assume Meleek & Acaden off to Arkansas and Kentucky

Reaction Score
With Eric & Darius off the board- how many scholarships do we have left to offer for next season? I know we’re eyeing Bundalo,Mullins, and Furphy. I think it’s safe to assume Meleek & Acaden off to Arkansas and Kentucky
Pleased read the messages before yours

Reaction Score
I don't see any issue at all in comparison to this year unless the staff only expects the nba to be interested in Alex.
Diarra replaced by Adams
Johnson replaced by Reibe
Alex replaced by Bundalo
Liam/or Ball/ or Stewart to draft replaced by Mullins
Nearly 90 minutes a game become up for grabs
The missing piece here is the guys on this year's team who are not getting minutes and will need/have earned minutes next year. At least 1 and maybe 2 of Nowell, Ross, Abraham are not going to be in the rotation this season and take a decent portion of those 90 minutes next year

Reaction Score
Bundalo has said he wants to commit before the season starts, so he can concentrate on playing.
He is sentimental about OSU, and particularly Diebler, who's been cultivating him for years,
But he is crazy ambitious, and ready to run through walls for his coach to reach stardom. Hmmm.

Reaction Score
The missing piece here is the guys on this year's team who are not getting minutes and will need/have earned minutes next year. At least 1 and maybe 2 of Nowell, Ross, Abraham are not going to be in the rotation this season and take a decent portion of those 90 minutes next year
And hopefully singare finally cracks the rotation as a junior

Reaction Score
I think at this point, Hurley has earned the trust of the fans on his roster construction and recruiting plans. Nobody denies that Bundalo is talented. I think Hurley and the staff have the best pulse on which guys on the current roster are likely to be back next year and get significant minutes. If the staff isn’t making a full court press push on Bundalo at the moment, then it could well be about the fit and available minutes for next year. I used to get aggravated by the In Bill We Trust portion of the Patriots fan base. But Bill did deserve trust until he didn’t any longer. Hurley and the staff has done nothing so far to show us why we shouldn’t relax and enjoy the ride.

Reaction Score
This does bear watching as my sense is Bundalo would kill to play for Hurley. Question is more on the UConn end and if they feel they can make room and find NIL. Making room would really be saying Hurley open to upgrading talent and making kids “earn” their spot on the team. I don’t sense that’s the direction he wants to go as too much of a loyalist.

If a kid loves hoops, is fiery, and loves to be developed then what other coach can come close? The alternative sounds like OSU, where Diebler landed the role out of default.
As for Bundalo, you make a good point about the NIL.

Outlook with the bigs over the next 2 seasons:

Reed (5) who will be a Sr next sesson, we hope develops and adjusts to Hurley's Motion offense and pressure help D, will have the starting 1 to lose.

Karaban (3/4) will likely enter the NBA draft this coming summer.

McNeeley (3/4) is an assumed 1-and-done. Time will tell.

Singare (5) is starting to look like a player who will be ready to earn some solid solid minutes next season and capable to give UConn a few this season if needed due to foul trouble or injuries. As you noted Hurley is loyal to his players who work hard and show they are capable of earning PT. He'll have 2 more years of eligibility to develop and increase his PT.

Stewart & Ross are both 3/4 combos that look to earn solid PT this season. Will be interesting to see if Stewart will develop enough and get the PT to be a possible NBA draft pick this coming summer. There's a ton of competition for minutes at the 3 and 4 this season, so not sure how things will play out at those positions this and next season.

Bundalo (4/5) So the PT situation at the 3, 4 and even the 5 next season does look pretty crowded since Reibe, in addition to getting minutes at the 5, could play the 4 next to Reed at times. Hard to pass on a talent like Bundalo who would provide UConn a Swiss Army knife big who provides size and stretch (out to 3) type attributes at the 4.

I'd love to see him land here but the more I break it down the less hopeful I get.

Reaction Score
In this world of NIL can’t a player use the NIL money to pay for his one years tuition and then be a walk on?

Reaction Score
Correct, that's it.

Ross is very good and he's sacrificing playing time his first 2 seasons here. He's in line for a pretty major role next season. Stewart would be the best player on some teams and he is most likely our 8th man this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom