Next up... Ezi? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next up... Ezi?

Reaction Score
Seriously. People round here with some short attention spans. It's like the kid who opens an awesome Christmas gift and then tosses it aside after two seconds because he just wants more gifts.

PLEBE: You got that about right. Gimme mo gifs . Love em.

Reaction Score
WAIT!
You're overlooking something here
Who is the girl in the "Red" shirt on the right hand side?
We can only see her upper half, but even that half would look good in Husky blue.

magbegor-named-mvp.jpg

Reaction Score
1. Moore was at UConn five years, including one redshirt year. She played very well her last three years and was a three-year starter.

2. No doubt Geno and CD saw her play a number of times prior to signing her. She played three years of AAU ball for a team in Oregon that played in many tournaments in various parts of the country.

Thanks for the reply. I don't recall her playing AAU in Oregon, what team did she play for?
You are correct she was a redshirt--that gave Geno time to rebuild the project. Jess Moore was NOT one of my favorite players. But she did come along well from the effort Christine (as reported) put into working with her. t

The above original post was to indicate Geno takes on PROJECT with potential. Usually he is successful, actually can't remember when he wasn't.

Reaction Score
Sara Madera, #14, plays for a team in Venice. She's 17; I'm not sure if she's a professional or amateur.
Does it matter, if she is still in school or just graduated is there some NCAA rule against her playing for USA College--if she wants to?? (note: after UNC ruling ; Im not sure the NCAA matters.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
WAIT!
You're overlooking something here
Who is the girl in the "Red" shirt on the right hand side?
We can only see her upper half, but even that half would look good in Husky blue.

magbegor-named-mvp.jpg
Her name is Xu Han not sure if she is has USA college aspirations but she does have good skills. She did not have a very good U17 tournament was sloppy and foul prone defensively even against the weaker teams in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the reply. I don't recall her playing AAU in Oregon, what team did she play for?
You are correct she was a redshirt--that gave Geno time to rebuild the project. Jess Moore was NOT one of my favorite players. But she did come along well from the effort Christine (as reported) put into working with her. t

The above original post was to indicate Geno takes on PROJECT with potential. Usually he is successful, actually can't remember when he wasn't.

1. Here is one example, a quote from Moore: "That was what I did – played AAU. And I didn`t play with the Alaska team. I played with the team in the state of Oregon. Portland city area. My team was called Oregon City All Stars. In June, after high school was over, I went down there to play with them until the end of July or August. And then I came home for the high school but the whole summer I was playing in those different tournaments. And they saw me in the one of those tournaments." . News - Jessica Moore: All my teammates are the most important for me!

2. My OP wasn't intended so much to point out that she redshirted but rather to point out that she had three very good seasons for UConn, not just two.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't understand why the word "project" is being used when discussing Jess Moore or Ezi Magbegor. Jessica was not a project. Ezi is considered the best, young player in Australia right now. She was MVP of the U17 world championships and Australia's leading scorer (and 4th overall) at the U19 world championships in Italy in August. She's not a project.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Well....here's hoping that we see Ezi at a game this season....after that....just keep our fingers crossed.
Hmm....this would be an official visit. I believe that would allow UConn to pay not only for the player's expenses but her parents' as well....correct? Might be a pretty impressive tab! I am almost positive that
Svetlana did not make a visit to UConn before actually arriving as a frosh. If it happens this would be a record for distance....no?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't understand why the word "project" is being used when discussing Jess Moore or Ezi Magbegor. Jessica was not a project. Ezi is considered the best, young player in Australia right now. She was MVP of the U17 world championships and Australia's leading scorer (and 4th overall) at the U19 world championships in Italy in August. She's not a project.
It's that crazy good UCONN grading curve that people are using. Jessica Moore was part of 3 UCONN championship teams, if Ezi can replicate that sign me up- Today!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think we're going to have too many players. Close the book '18 and start looking ahead to '19.
Just MHO, but I think and hope he goes 100% after Ezi. I'll admit I'm not a recruiting analyst, but from seeing her play for Team Australia, she "looks" like she's a legit top 10 kid in the class of 2018, and probably top 5. UCONN still needs post players. If we get her, if that means we lose out on Boston, or someone else from 2019, I still say "a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush".

Honestly, I want them all. I think it was @JordyG who said in a post "I...Want...Them...All" and I totally concur. A class of 3 this year of Williams, ONO, and Magbegor, then a class of 3 or 4 next year out of Amihere, Brunelle, Boston, and Cooke. Cooke is the PG so I think she's the "must get", and then maybe 2 out of the other 3.

There is ZERO wrong with having an overabundance of players. The cream will rise to the top. The others can consider redshirting, or transfer if they choose. I don't think UCONN has ever had an elite player transfer out - it's usually a player who believes they won't get PT (or they want to be closer to home, or other personal reasons)...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Her name is Xu Han not sure if she is has USA college aspirations but she does have good skills. She did not have a very good U17 tournament was sloppy and foul prone defensively even against the weaker teams in the tournament.

Is she related to Yao Ming? ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I totally agree. Ezi is anything but a project. She's a world class player for her age group and is being mentioned as the next Lauren Jackson--and LJ won 3 WNBA MVP awards. If Ezi were in the U.S., she would clearly be top 5 and possibly #1.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Butler did not work out so successfully.

Reaction Score
You are right! My only conclusions are: Geno didn't get her as a Frosh ALSO her physical attributes, other than size, inhibited her from playing successfully in the Uconn system, Uconn plays at a speed other teams don't.

Reaction Score
PSCONN: one of the all time great short posts. Got any salve for that glow-burn? Would s.t. like a mild salsa help?
The last time Geno got this kind of gift ---was--heck it may have been this spring--but it was when Geno got Napheesa, Gabby, KLS, Kia Danger, Z, Walker, Stew, Tuck, Moriah---sorry--my fingers are tire---and OTHERS. But this GIFT could be the savior of an """" off year""?

Reaction Score
This Ezi article is about a month old, sory if it has been posted before.
Talented, hard working kid with Olympic aspirations, cutting her teeth playing against WNBA players and holding her own. Does she scream UCONN or what?

Ezi Magbegor a young star on the rise - Star Weekly
You listed TWO characteristic of the perfect Uconn Recruit: Talented, Hard Working--sign her up!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You are right! My only conclusions are: Geno didn't get her as a Frosh ALSO her physical attributes, other than size, inhibited her from playing successfully in the Uconn system, Uconn plays at a speed other teams don't.
I'm not sure I would say Natalie Butler underachieved at UCONN. As much as people don't want to rely on the rankings coming out of HS, relative to those rankings Natalie did not under achieve. She was able to impact a few games during her UCONN career ( Baylor & Texas) specifically. For a kid that was rated outside the top 150 coming into college to impact games against top 10 teams at a program like UCONN is quite an accomplishment.
If anything, our over inflated expectations of Natalie is what needed to be checked.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm not sure I would say Natalie Butler underachieved at UCONN. As much as people don't want to rely on the rankings coming out of HS, relative to those rankings Natalie did not under achieve. She was able to impact a few games during her UCONN career ( Baylor & Texas) specifically. For a kid that was rated outside the top 150 coming into college to impact games against top 10 teams at a program like UCONN is quite an accomplishment.
If anything our over inflated expectations of Natalie is what needed to be check.

I was thinking about responding to this post but I don't need to now. Perfect response.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This Ezi article is about a month old, sory if it has been posted before.
Talented, hard working kid with Olympic aspirations, cutting her teeth playing against WNBA players and holding her own. Does she scream UCONN or what?

Ezi Magbegor a young star on the rise - Star Weekly
If she ain't I sure am. This young lady has the "P(otential) word written all over her. If she comes to the States to play it had better be for UConn, because facing her would be a HAND.................FULL. I also think the fact that her brother is attending college here in the States helps. I have to think UConn's chances of landing this future star is very good indeed. I had ONO coming to UConn early, and eventually I said 55-45. Right now I have Ezi as a Husky at 60-40. If Geno can arrange a visit, I've got it at 99-1.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was thinking about responding to this post but I don't need to now. Perfect response.
I also don't think Nat underachieved. She gave us key minutes in several important games. My expectations were too high. Nat is built a lot like Stef, and her shooting was roughly comparable to Stefanie's. What separated them was Stef's exceptional footwork and great hands. Nat was average in those categories. But I loved Nat's hard play and sense of team. I miss her and will go watch her at GMU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom