Next up... Ezi? | The Boneyard

Next up... Ezi?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
She's doing pretty well for an 18 year old in the WNBL:
Stats - UC Capitals

While not one of the strongest leagues on the planet, there's enough talent there to test a young player. I hope the coaching is high level. If we can acquire this 6'4" 2016 U17 Championship MVP I would concede that the end is not near. ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
In considering CW and ONO, Ezi unfortunately won't be that easy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In considering CW and ONO, Ezi unfortunately won't be that easy.
Actually, I think she's Ezi. :D

magbegor-named-mvp.jpg

Eziyoda Macbegor on the left.

Reaction Score
Ezi’s decision may rely on Z’s decision, to enter the draft in the spring

Reaction Score
Stats - UC Capitals

While not one of the strongest leagues on the planet, there's enough talent there to test a young player. I hope the coaching is high level. If we can acquire this 6'4" 2016 U17 Championship MVP I would concede that the end is not near. ;)

PS, ps, remember what Geno said about finding playing time for all of his talented recruits. Soon we'll be in position where only Number One players will be able to start. What a problem!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
OMG can't we even take one day to bask in the glow of one of the best 7-day recruiting periods in history???!!! ;)
Seriously. People round here with some short attention spans. It's like the kid who opens an awesome Christmas gift and then tosses it aside after two seconds because he just wants more gifts.

Reaction Score
I haven't been following this closely.

Is Ezi even being recruited?

Does she even want to come into the American university system rather than going pro early?

Reaction Score
I think we're going to have too many players. Close the book '18 and start looking ahead to '19.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Does she even want to come into the American university system rather than going pro early?

UConn is trying to set up a visit early next year so I'd say she is being recruited.

Reaction Score
Stats - UC Capitals

Christine and Geno have taken on projects with potential in the past: Jessica Moore.
Eventually she earned her keep. You can't teach 6.4 but 6'4's can be taught.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Christine and Geno have taken on projects with potential in the past: Jessica Moore.
Eventually she earned her keep. You can't teach 6.4 but 6'4's can be taught.
Plus Jessica Moore came all the way from Alaska... so I'm not sure a miles comparison but you know... that's a long way, at least a quarter of the distance from Australia by comparison right?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

As Sluconn notes, yes, she is being recruited. She and her family are discussing the American university option. In his media session on Friday, Geno mentioned one player he was waiting to hear from this week (Olivia) and maybe something happening in the spring (Ezi).

Reaction Score
Plus Jessica Moore came all the way from Alaska... so I'm not sure a miles comparison but you know... that's a long way, at least a quarter of the distance from Australia by comparison right?
Yes and probably Geno et al did not get to see this Moore s game. Best part for Jessica: She came to Uconn for the warm weather. (joke). J. Moore was really bad her first 2 years--last 2 she was aggressive, and tough under the basket (for all concerned), as a Senior she too her "leadership" role very seriously. During her final 2 years Uconn needed what she became.
In one game a teammate , under the basket with J Moore, could not split 2 defenders : Jessica Moore put her hands on her teamates butt and pushed her though the defense--that aggressive.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Yes. Geno in an interview before the Stanford game said that there is one recruit they were expecting to hear from soon- that happened today. He also said there is another recruit that will carry over into the spring time- that can only be Ezi because she is the only fish left in the deep end of the pool where UCONN is acoustomed to swimming.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes. Geno in an interview before the Stanford game said that there is one recruit they were expecting to hear from soon- that happened today. He also said there is another recruit that will carry over into the spring time- that can only be Ezi because she is the only fish left in the deep end of the pool where UCONN is acoustomed to swimming.
Bingo! :)

Reaction Score
Yes and probably Geno et al did not get to see this Moore s game. Best part for Jessica: She came to Uconn for the warm weather. (joke). J. Moore was really bad her first 2 years--last 2 she was aggressive, and tough under the basket (for all concerned), as a Senior she too her "leadership" role very seriously. During her final 2 years Uconn needed what she became.

1. Moore was at UConn five years, including one redshirt year. She played very well her last three years and was a three-year starter.

2. No doubt Geno and CD saw her play a number of times prior to signing her. She played three years of AAU ball for a team in Oregon that played in many tournaments in various parts of the country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom