Next Five Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Next Five Games

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I’ve decided Villanova at home is kinda in the “have to win” category, if we drop that one to begin this stretch it could set us up for negative momentum with 2 real tough go’s on the road at X and providence days apart immediately after.

Reaction Score
This is why I thought it was crazy to think we'd be undefeated longer than Purdue. Purdue just played New Orleans, and has Florida A&M next, followed by Rutgers at home. We have a really tough stretch here.
We are talking about UConn games that go through January 11th. You are quoting Purdue's schedule through January 2nd. January 5 they play at Ohio State, a game Kenpom has them losing .

Reaction Score
From a purely statistical standpoint the odds are probably close to:

0-1 Wins - 2%
2 Wins - 8%
3 Wins - 25%
4 Wins - 40%
5: Wins - 25%

4-5 wins seems like a very reasonable expectation and 3 would be a bit disappointing IMO. Anything less than 3 is a disaster.
According to a probability calculator (KenPom odds that I simplified a tiny bit), yeah basically:

5 wins = 30.09%
4 wins - 41.71%
3 wins - 21.96%
2 wins - 5.48%
0-1 win - 0.68%

So we should win 4 or more ~72% of the time. I am afraid we'll drop 2 in this stretch, and it does seem that would be a decently large disappointment (less than 1/3 chance), unless we're a little bit overrated (which we probably are).

As mentioned, the Nova odds are actually relatively the same with Whitmore back. Creighton has also re-gained all the statistical ground they lost with Kalkbrenner out.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We are talking about UConn games that go through January 11th. You are quoting Purdue's schedule through January 2nd. January 5 they play at Ohio State, a game Kenpom has them losing .
Yes, and we play 3 games we could lose before they play that one. If we win all three and Purdue survives OSU, then we’ve got two more tough games. I don’t know how good Penn State is.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I admit my anaysis goes no further than thinking "we got these guys".

Reaction Score
Yes, and we play 3 games we could lose before they play that one. If we win all three and Purdue survives OSU, then we’ve got two more tough games. I don’t know how good Penn State is.
Penn St is 34th in KenPom, which is higher than Nova (54th) and PC (63rd) and right in line with X (28th) and Marquette (27th)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It would be neat if there was a tool to run the next five games for all the top teams in the country and then compare their probabilities against UConn's probability.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Take care of business Saturday, and I doubt 5-0 is in question.

Reaction Score

we-are-onto-cincinnati.jpg

Reaction Score
Status report: 1-2

But we return home to hopefully stabilize the ship. Not a true a must win at home vs Creighton, but you gotta think it’s a pivotal point in the season. A win would do wonders for this team to get back on track. Follow that up with a good showing against Marquette and we’re right where many thought we’d be going into this 5 game stretch.

Reaction Score
Status report: 1-2

But we return home to hopefully stabilize the ship. Not a true a must win at home vs Creighton, but you gotta think it’s a pivotal point in the season. A win would do wonders for this team to get back on track. Follow that up with a good showing against Marquette and we’re right where many thought we’d be going into this 5 game stretch.

It’s as close to a must win this early in the season as you can get. Danny is 0-4 versus McDermott and if we lose this one the fact is after leaving Wisconsin we could be 3-4 in the Big East. And truthfully they haven’t played all that well even in the 3 wins. Time to put the big boy pants on and win one honestly. Staff included!

Reaction Score
I said before we got into this stretch that we need to get to 3-2 for it to be successful. Still standing by that... it's just much harder now.

Reaction Score
It’s as close to a must win this early in the season as you can get. Danny is 0-4 versus McDermott and if we lose this one the fact is after leaving Wisconsin we could be 3-4 in the Big East. And truthfully they haven’t played all that well even in the 3 wins. Time to put the big boy pants on and win one honestly. Staff included!
No way Sampson isn’t suited up. Playing or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom