Next Five Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next Five Games

Reaction Score
We have a lot of bullets , and the toughest job is knowing which ones to put in the chamber. Imagine the pregame planning that goes into the staff for these games for each different team. We have a pretty good brain trust on that bench too.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Neptune
Miller
Cooley
McDermott
Smart

Mostly experienced coaches
Majority hostile crowds
Teams feeling pressure to make up ground after injuries, illness, and close OOC losses

Isn't this what we've wanted?

One
Game
At
A
Time

(That's how we did it against 5 consecutive P5 opponents)

Reaction Score
I think they lose at least 2 of these. Haven’t settled on which ones yet.
“At least” 2 is pretty harsh. Would be bad to lose 3 of these. I’m thinking 1 or 2 losses. Or we go 5-0. 50/50 chance for either.

Nova game will set the bar for how we’ll handle the next 4 games.

Reaction Score
As of now, Marquette and Xavier are probably the 2 best teams after us in the BE. Those are certainly tough teams to beat and probably our most likely loss(es).

Also, many are mentioning how difficult the GTown game was, but don’t forget they played out of their minds-and maybe we overlooked them a little. Danny will make sure that won’t happen again and we’re not likely to run into too many teams that will shoot close to 50% AND outrebound us by 12 again.

Reaction Score
We should beat everyone on our schedule. But this is basketball and it doesn't work that way. The depth helps tremendously. This team is different because we can get points from anyone on the roster. If someone is off - put in someone else.

Reaction Score
As of now, Marquette and Xavier are probably the 2 best teams after us in the BE. Those are certainly tough teams to beat and probably our most likely loss(es).

I feel that way about Villanova and Creighton. They're different teams when healthy.

5-0 would be a tremendous run. I have a little bit of a feeling that we surprised people out of the gate and there might be some catching up going on. But I would love nothing more than for them to prove me wrong and roll through all five of these games.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think the way we wear teams down is underestimated. And teams don't make shots like G'town did routinely. I don't think losing will teach us anything the G'town game didn't.

Reaction Score
12/28 vs. Nova
12/31 @ Xavier
1/4 @ Prov
1/7 vs Creighton
1/11 @ Marq

They were talking about this on The Field of 68 After Dark that this is our toughest stretch of the season.

As much as I want to go 5-0 my gut is saying 4-1, but our depth and energy in last 10 minutes means it’s doable.

Either way, going to be a fun 3 weeks. Let’s get it done boys.
I agree. All those teams “have nothing to lose against a #2 team” so I’m expecting tough games. The Georgetown game was certainly a wake up call.

Reaction Score
12/28 vs. Nova
12/31 @ Xavier
1/4 @ Prov
1/7 vs Creighton
1/11 @ Marq

They were talking about this on The Field of 68 After Dark that this is our toughest stretch of the season.

As much as I want to go 5-0 my gut is saying 4-1, but our depth and energy in last 10 minutes means it’s doable.

Either way, going to be a fun 3 weeks. Let’s get it done boys.
Youre gut is filled with undigested waste and bacteria.

Reaction Score
I agree. All those teams “have nothing to lose against a #2 team” so I’m expecting tough games. The Georgetown game was certainly a wake up call.
Yup. The starters were flat and lacked energy. You could see the difference in energy the second Diarra came in the game and then Joe Cali jumped off of that and took the energy to a whole new level.

Reaction Score
Yup. The starters were flat and lacked energy. You could see the difference in energy the second Diarra came in the game and then Joe Cali jumped off of that and took the energy to a whole new level.
We saw the same game? We started that game hot, 2nd half started badly until Diarra but we shot well early.

Reaction Score
4-1 in this stretch is a tremendous accomplishment in my opinion. 17-1 and 6-1 in BE thru 18 we will be in amazing shape

That being said, I’m mentally conditioning myself for 3-2 and I too cant pin point the two losses.

Whenever we do lose…I do believe that the next opponent is in deep trouble.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
this might come back to bite me, but i am not really worried about marquette for whatever reason
Don’t do that.

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF by CBS

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
We’re the best of these teams but they’re all good enough to beat us on a given night—and Creighton can be elite when firing on all cylinders. I’m still not completely sold on if nova is a great team with whitmore but they are definitely good.

One loss or better in this stretch we would be sitting very pretty. Even with two losses, which I’d vote the most likely scenario, we’d be in solid position for pursuit of BE regular season title.

As we have already been reminded, with the familiarity and scouting etc, conf games will be much more difficult to gain real separation from teams.

Reaction Score
4-1 in this stretch is a tremendous accomplishment in my opinion. 17-1 and 6-1 in BE thru 18 we will be in amazing shape

That being said, I’m mentally conditioning myself for 3-2 and I too cant pin point the two losses.

Whenever we do lose…I do believe that the next opponent is in deep trouble.

Villanova has been a completely different team since Whitmore came back. That said, we're at home and we beat Villanova at home last year when we were not as good as we are now, and they were a lot better than they are now. We should win that one

@ Xavier and @ Marquette are the ones that scare me the most. They've both shown flashes of being really good teams and we'll be in their house where they'll probably set their season record for highest turnout against a top 3 team.

We "should" go 5-0 but we all know that undefeated seasons are nearly impossible. I agree 4-1 would be great but I'm mentally preparing for 3-2. If I HAD to pick 2 losses, it would be Xavier and Marquette. I hope we beat the brakes off Providence and take care of Nova. The other 3 will be very tough games (as long as Kalkbrenner is healthy and playing)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom