Next Five Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Next Five Games

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I think they lose at least 2 of these. Haven’t settled on which ones yet.
It’s hard but I think so too. It’s totally possible we go 5-0. But I expect 2 in this run, and accept it. but I can’t say where. What I don’t want is 3. I’m kinda like storrsroars. Not providence.

Shocked you think we will lose 2 out of our next 5 games. I think we will win the next 5. Thought you bled national flag blue.
Bleeding national flag blue has nothing to do with the ebb and flow of a college hoops season

Reaction Score
Shocked you think we will lose 2 out of our next 5 games. I think we will win the next 5. Thought you bled national flag blue.

Refresh my memory, was it you that was calling for us to trade Hawkins for Akok in the chat during the Georgetown game or was that someone else?

I’m realistic. Those are all losable games. There’s more tape on these guys than there was in November. They’re due for a loss. I’m pretty measured about this stuff. I’m not one of those people who is insulted by the idea that Purdue is ranked number one and then complaining in the chat about Hurley being outcoached when the score is 6-4.

Like I said, I’d be pretty damn impressed if they went 5-0 in that stretch but I don’t think it’s happening.

Reaction Score
Refresh my memory, was it you that was calling for us to trade Hawkins for Akok in the chat during the Georgetown game or was that someone else?

I’m realistic. Those are all losable games. There’s more tape on these guys than there was in November. They’re due for a loss. I’m pretty measured about this stuff. I’m not one of those people who is insulted by the idea that Purdue is ranked number one and then complaining in the chat about Hurley being outcoached when the score is 6-4.

Like I said, I’d be pretty damn impressed if they went 5-0 in that stretch but I don’t think it’s happening.
Certainly wasn’t me. I have been a fan and coach for many years and understand the game.

Reaction Score
We saw the same game? We started that game hot, 2nd half started badly until Diarra but we shot well early.
did i say we started the game flat? I was talking at the time Diarra came in. Not sure why this needs to be explained. It seems everyone else understood this.

Reaction Score
Villanova has been a completely different team since Whitmore came back. That said, we're at home and we beat Villanova at home last year when we were not as good as we are now, and they were a lot better than they are now. We should win that one

@ Xavier and @ Marquette are the ones that scare me the most. They've both shown flashes of being really good teams and we'll be in their house where they'll probably set their season record for highest turnout against a top 3 team.

We "should" go 5-0 but we all know that undefeated seasons are nearly impossible. I agree 4-1 would be great but I'm mentally preparing for 3-2. If I HAD to pick 2 losses, it would be Xavier and Marquette. I hope we beat the brakes off Providence and take care of Nova. The other 3 will be very tough games (as long as Kalkbrenner is healthy and playing)
I fear the Providence game because prob toughest place we will play AND it may be a look ahead spot to Creighton. BUT we should want to beat PC with similar fury so lets just beat em both

Reaction Score
Georgetown played as well as they can play and we went cold from the field for a long stretch. I wouldn't draw many conclusions for the rest of the season based on that game.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I fear the Providence game because prob toughest place we will play AND it may be a look ahead spot to Creighton. BUT we should want to beat PC with similar fury so lets just beat em both
@ Xavier is the tougher game and they match up better with us. Providence, albeit a tough environment, will only beat us if Bynum and Hopkins each go for 20+ which I don’t think happens. One might, not both.

I see 4-1 but wouldn’t be surprised at 3-2. As @BigErnMcCracken pointed out we are no secret anymore. Teams will learn how to gameplan and scheme to our weaknesses.

Reaction Score
@ Xavier is the tougher game and they match up better with us. Providence, albeit a tough environment, will only beat us if Bynum and Hopkins each go for 20+ which I don’t think happens. One might, not both.

I see 4-1 but wouldn’t be surprised at 3-2. As @BigErnMcCracken pointed out we are no secret anymore. Teams will learn how to gameplan and scheme to our weaknesses.
Oh yeah Xaviers the better team for sure. Providence is just 30-1 in their last 31 at home so its a tough environment. Hopefully we have the place lined a little. I know ill be there.

Reaction Score
Mostly concerned about Creighton because it's the fourth game in about ten days. But as has been stated, our guys just need to focus on the current game. It's just a lot of ball against good teams. So it's really the last two games but I haven't checked any schedules to see if either compare to ours.

Reaction Score
Marquette has no picnic during this stretch but Creighton gets a pretty decent break in the schedule one game before they play us. Could be a little fresher but maybe the rotation can keep us from overextending anyone. Big picture.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think the way we wear teams down is underestimated. And teams don't make shots like G'town did routinely. I don't think losing will teach us anything the G'town game didn't.
Teams get tired of chasing us around.

Reaction Score
They are all tough. We struggled for a while against both Butler and GTown until they found a run. Someone will eventually not allow that run, it’s the Big East and the target is as big as ever.

Let’s see again who these guys are. 4-1 would be really good!

Reaction Score
They can scheme and gameplan until the cows come home. Do they have the goods to implement whatever they come up with? And don't you think we are scheming their schemes?
They might have the trace buster - but we have the trace buster buster!

Attachments

• D5077037-50BB-42F7-AA72-28E09B3901AA.jpeg
    D5077037-50BB-42F7-AA72-28E09B3901AA.jpeg
    831.4 KB · Views: 90

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
5-0. We are better than all of them at this point in the season and we have a chip on our shoulders. We owe Creighton and Providence and if we put down the hammer early, then everyone is chasing us.

Reaction Score
They can scheme and gameplan until the cows come home. Do they have the goods to implement whatever they come up with? And don't you think we are scheming their schemes?
Key to victory will be scheming their scheme of our schemes!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I know we’re due for a loss, but part of me wonders if the Georgetown game was the wake-up call they needed. They coulda lost to a team hadn’t beat a P6 team in 26 games. I’m sure Hurley has drilled into them they can’t sleepwalk into conference games like that anymore. At Xavier is probably the best game left on our schedule, maybe a healthy Nova or Creighton down the road if they figure it out. Assuming we handle Nova at home, and come through against Xavier on the road, I won’t be scared of Providence or Marquette. 5-0 is probably unrealistic, but it’s not out of the question imo. Especially if they are the best team in the country.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I know we’re due for a loss, but part of me wonders if the Georgetown game was the wake-up call they needed. They coulda lost to a team hadn’t beat a P6 team in 26 games. I’m sure Hurley has drilled into them they can’t sleepwalk into conference games like that anymore. At Xavier is probably the best game left on our schedule, maybe a healthy Nova or Creighton down the road if they figure it out. Assuming we handle Nova at home, and come through against Xavier on the road, I won’t be scared of Providence or Marquette. 5-0 is probably unrealistic, but it’s not out of the question imo. Especially if they are the best team in the country.

If we're as good as we all think then I wouldn't say going 5-0 is unrealistic at all. Maybe it's more likely we lose a game than not, but I'd like to think we have a pretty good shot.

Reaction Score
From a purely statistical standpoint the odds are probably close to:

0-1 Wins - 2%
2 Wins - 8%
3 Wins - 25%
4 Wins - 40%
5: Wins - 25%

4-5 wins seems like a very reasonable expectation and 3 would be a bit disappointing IMO. Anything less than 3 is a disaster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom