Next chance for a laugh - watching Aresco name this conference | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Next chance for a laugh - watching Aresco name this conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Atlantic Region Group of Others.

The tag line: ARGO yourself!

Reaction Score
A A C = All American Conference
A G C = Atlantic Gulf Conference
C C C = Continental Collegiate Conference

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
The Boneyard should pool its money, buy up the domain names of all potential possibilities, then cybersquat and demand concessions from Aresco when they come calling for the website.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Alright. I wasn't going to, but here goes:

The Forever Underrated Conference (FUC). It will kick off some great conversation lines like:

1) Who in the FUC just beat us?
2) They were number one in the FUC last year, but they are finishing second in the FUC this season.
3) Where in the FUC are we going to next week?
4) We need to get the FUC out of this bowl agreement!
5) We need to get the FUC into the BCS bowl!
6) The FUC we are!

Just some thoughts. Mike Aresco should feel free to pick this one up, since I haven't trademarked it...

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
The name should be

Small Ten Division

We call it the STD!!!!

Reactions: pj

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
However would we survive the loss of Houston or SMU? Would losing those schools damage the lucrative television contract. If they leave put in Tulsa and UMass or Arkansas State and Middle Tennessee. At least Middle Tennessee has a decent basketball team today.

IF we lost Houston or SMU then we never get Tulane... Wait I should have red farther... Arkansas St. an Middle Tennesse... are you kidding me... Football may be driving the bus but you are driving us off the cliff. They may win but to align with schools that have no name cache or market value would be absolutely foolish...

The only teams they should look at are...
Ohio U
Miami of Ohio
UMass

Great Academics, good basketball, football is good for Ohio U., (Miami has a rich history in football and great college town) and Umass has potential and is a rival. Ohio U has no academics but it can't be worse then Seton Hall. The football has to grow but with names that have some pull in overall sports. Hell I can't even convince myself that this is a good decison but please don't throw out Ark. St. and Middle Tenn.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The Boneyard should pool its money, buy up the domain names of all potential possibilities, then cybersquat and demand concessions from Aresco when they come calling for the website.

They'll pick something so stupid, we won't have thought of it,

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Anything using "Big" or "America" will be a failure.

So, expect the Big America Conference and to boot some consulting firm will get half of what UConn makes to "think" of that

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Staying Alive Conference. It good to have place to play but if you are stuck in the league it's like a kick in the SACk.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
IF we lost Houston or SMU then we never get Tulane... Wait I should have red farther... Arkansas St. an Middle Tennesse... are you kidding me... Football may be driving the bus but you are driving us off the cliff. They may win but to align with schools that have no name cache or market value would be absolutely foolish...

Ohio U
Miami of Ohio
UMass

Great Academics, good basketball, football is good for Ohio U., (Miami has a rich history in football and great college town) and Umass has potential and is a rival. Ohio U has no academics but it can't be worse then Seton Hall. The football has to grow but with names that have some pull in overall sports. Hell I can't even convince myself that this is a good decison but please don't throw out Ark. St. and Middle Tenn.

I wasn't being serious about Arkansas St or Middle Tennessee. But once you get to the depths of where this league is trolling there really isn't much difference. I'd actually rather have Arkansas State than Miami (OH). They at least seem interested in fielding a competitive football team.

Reaction Score

Ohio U
Miami of Ohio
UMass

UMass would come, but I think you'd be hard pressed to pull the other two out of the MAC. The MAC may not have a big money TV deal, but they do have stability.

Reaction Score
Just thought of this at 2 am thought I would post it, its not a half bad name:

Greater Metro Conference (or GMC for short)

Try and get GMC car company to sponsor (aka the U.S. tax payer)

"Performance cars, performance athletics" Idk some stupid slogan like that.

Reaction Score
Right now, we have a lot of rift-raft in the conference. All the good schools (except us) have left. Whatever we name the conference, we need to make sure everyone knows we are not rift-raft like everyone else. We don't want people getting confused and thinking we are just another one of these awful, awful schools we are associated with.

That's why we need to make sure our name is prominently featured in the conference name. Something like "The Husky Conference" or "The Super America Conference Featuring Connecticut". I'm sure the other schools would go for it because they probably look up to us and admire us, etc.

Another name I think would be good would be "The Conference Formerly Known as the Big East". That way people know we used to be in the Big East and know how much better we used to have things. They might think we still are in the conference. We can tell people "Yeah, we're still really kind of in the Big East. It's kind of technical. It's really just a bunch of semantics. Everything is still okay."

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
How about... America 12? At least that's what one of our favorite twitter-ers is tweeting.

Reaction Score
I'd stay away from anything with a number attached to it. Whoever gets a chance to bolt will bolt as soon as possible (and no one would blame them..except the ones left behind).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The classic conference names have a geographic bent. Add honesty and togetherness you get the Western Eastern Southern United Conference.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If we are being serious, the ECC, East Coast Conference.

If we aren't, the Big Member Conference.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
"New Big East"? Never seen it mentioned before and it has the unique feature that after further CR additions and subtractions we simply prefix it with another "new" (i.e. NBE becomes NNBE etc.)

We can then have that guy and the little kids from the ATT commercial ask, "which is better 'newer' or 'older', and all the kids shout out, "Newwwwwweeeeeeer".

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Actually, Atlantic Gulf Conference isn't bad. Every school in a state bordering the Atlantic, the Gulf or a river that eventually empties into one or the other. It doesn't make me gag like the actual name is sure to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom