Next chance for a laugh - watching Aresco name this conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This should be good.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We provided several great choices over the last year. SunBeast has grown on me.

With Tulane, maybe "Who Dat?" since nobody will know what it is or who is in it.

Reaction Score
They'll pay big money to someone to come up with a name. We've taken guesses in the past but for the life of me I couldn't even venture a true guess.

Well maybe I could. NAC 12 - National American Conference 12

Or just go with B1G 11. We've seen the number not needing to match the teams.

Reaction Score
Did you see Mike Brey's comments about the C7 taking the Big East name?

"It almost seems fitting that they should have the name,” Brey said. “I only say that just from the impression and who they’ve been in the league and how they’ve carried the flag for the Big East, those Catholic schools."

Really Mike? How do you define "carrying the flag"?

Reaction Score
Really the best thing we could do is sell the naming rights of the conference to the highest bidder anything to generate more revenue.

On second thought this conference is so bad no one will want to associate themselves with it. We would end up having to pay them.

Reaction Score
Did you see Mike Brey's comments about the C7 taking the Big East name?

Really Mike? How do you define "carrying the flag"?
No, he was misquoted, what the really said was "carry the bag" and he was referring to the bags of money they earned while living off the efforts of UConn, Louisville et al.

Oh, and as for a name, how about Bill? Just Bill.

Reaction Score
Looks like of the $60 million to get split, the football schools will get $40 million an the C7 $20 million, the name and the ok to leave in July. League presidents to make official in the next few days. Man, it was a great league while it lasted

Reaction Score
Blaud is suggesting Big American Conference...

"Once the Big East name is sold, the football conference must find a new name and forge a new identity–perhaps the Big American Conference–as well as a new marketing strategy for a league which has been literally torn apart in the past 10 years of conference reconfiguration." (http://ajerseyguy.com/)

I say go with Great American Conference (GAC!!!!!)

Family-Guy-Vomit.gif

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Please let it not use the word Big. It's just so overdone and easily overshadowed by the other Bigs. And nothing geographic, since we have no logical geography. Maybe the "New America Conference"?

Or better yet, just the symbols from Led Zeppellin IV.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Pets.com

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The only thing logical is he knows the conference is dead and he is trying to pile in the money

Reaction Score
Looks like of the $60 million to get split, the football schools will get $40 million an the C7 $20 million, the name and the ok to leave in July. League presidents to make official in the next few days. Man, it was a great league while it lasted

Hope that's not true. If it is, Aresco is an Aresco.

Reaction Score
I like the idea of a Led Zeppelin symbol with an asterisk * the conference formerly known as...

Reaction Score
The name should be the Big Disaster.....what a pile of next year will be if Lvlle, ND, RU bail early as well. I thought we would have 1 more year to "survey the landscape" but C7 said i don't think so.

UConn aligning itself with this mess of a conference is a mistake....beg the C7 for an invite if ACC/BG10 don't put us out of our misery, go Ind in football until next CR, whatever. I would rather play BB in the A10 than this mess.

Just say no mas to the Big Disaster.

Reaction Score
The name should be the Big Disaster.....what a pile of next year will be if Lvlle, ND, RU bail early as well. I thought we would have 1 more year to "survey the landscape" but C7 said i don't think so.

UConn aligning itself with this mess of a conference is a mistake....beg the C7 for an invite if ACC/BG1 don't put us out of our misery, go Ind in football until next CR, whatever. I would rather play BB in the A10 than this mess.

Just say no mas to the Big Disaster.

How many times do we have to go over this?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
.what a pile of next year will be if Lvlle, ND, RU bail early as well.

Actually, POS has a ring to it, and Aresco can always say it stands for "Partnership of Schools"

Reaction Score
How about: the Extra Special Peons of the Network conference?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UCAEE - "University of Connecticut And Everybody Else". The great part about this is the other decent athletic program in the conference will debate whether it really stands for University of Cincinnati. Could be a nice little rivalry for a few years until both schools find new conference homes.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Federated Academic Troop of Atlantic and Southern Schools

or

Conference Representing Athletic Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors