Next chance for a laugh - watching Aresco name this conference | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Next chance for a laugh - watching Aresco name this conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why is it that you guys just have to keep piling on the already unfortunate circumstances? Can't you guys for once try and use some of that wisdom you have acquired t0 formulate a grand solution even if it's just suggestions from the peanut gallery rather than constantly focusing on the negative aspects? Talk about a buzz kill... come on guys fix the problem, don't sit there like whiny little girls complaining because the pourage isn't hot enough.

The football league isn't nearly as bad as it's being sold out to be. Why they went for 7 years is just bad. In the turbulent times we live in you never make a deal for that long. But...... it still gives UConn football an opportunity to shine on a national stage so you take what you can get and polish it up the best you can. Time for boneyarders to be creative and make this sow's ear into a silk purse. There's no time left to whine.

Reaction Score
We provided several great choices over the last year. SunBeast has grown on me.

With Tulane, maybe "Who Dat?" since nobody will know what it is or who is in it.
Don't need anything that can rhyme with "LEAST".

Reaction Score
I would call it "The Alliance" because that is essentially what it is.

Reaction Score
Whatever they name it, they need to pay close attention to what it will ultimately be called by the masses and the media. The Atlantic Coast Conference is never referred to as that. It's the ACC. The Southeastern Conference is the SEC. So let's be careful. Those of you who are familiar with Insurance giant CIGNA might be interested to know that when the merger first occurred between Connecticut General and Insurance Company of North America (INA) the new name selected and trumpeted was North American General. It was only after the geniuses realized it abreviated to NAG and after faxes flew with employee suggestions for logos (I loved the swayback mule) that they went back to the drawing board, shuffled the letters CG and INA and created CIGNA .

Reaction Score
I'm sort of tired of "Big" this and "Big" that. Find a simple name that fits the makeup of the conference and I'll be happy. If they get really ambitious and blow it then it will just make things that much worse.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Whatever they name it, they need to pay close attention to what it will ultimately be called by the masses and the media. The Atlantic Coast Conference is never referred to as that. It's the ACC. The Southeastern Conference is the SEC. So let's be careful. Those of you who are familiar with Insurance giant CIGNA might be interested to know that when the merger first occurred between Connecticut General and Insurance Company of North America (INA) the new name selected and trumpeted was North American General. It was only after the geniuses realized it abreviated to NAG and after faxes flew with employee suggestions for logos (I loved the swayback mule) that they went back to the drawing board, shuffled the letters CG and INA and created CIGNA .

In that case I'm leaning towards This Was A Travesty or

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Big American Regional Federation

Reaction Score
The Little East. (or "LEAST" - old joke, but hey - it fits.)

The Middle East Conference. (is that already taken?)

Eastern Athletic Conference. (painfully generic)

Northeast Central Southern American Conference.

The Fire Sale Conference.

my favorite is still The Lost World.

Reaction Score

They are all excellent (especially the Lost World). How about instead of Middle East Conference it goes to Middle East Society of Schools (MESS)?

Reaction Score

Stolen from the Women's board:

"The Others"

Reaction Score
Here Lies Uconn Conference or New Orlean's Funeral Conference

Reaction Score
This should be good.

how about:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a//Prince_logo.svg/170px-Prince_logo.svg.png

Reaction Score
Call the new conference the Big 16 (or Big 64 since it really doesn't matter how many teams are in a conference), then when the Big 10/12 want to go to 16, you can negotiate the sale of the conference name if the Big 10/12 absorb the members of the Big 16.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Big 16 I believe is trademarked by Big 12. Think they bought 14 and 16 a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom