New Uni's next year? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New Uni's next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No. NO! Nononononononononono!

THE LAST thing we need is YET ANOTHER LOGO. Pick 1 or 2, and live with it.

Block C
Men's UC
Women's Basketball C
Baseball C
Husky Dog
Twig and Berries
Etc etc etc

Those 1998 helmets scream I-AA, appropriately.

Just recalling a simpler time when I could watch see the south end of Memorial Stadium from my window on 6th Floor Ellsworth.

Reaction Score
Now that the cat is out of the bag (a.k.a. Rich Lagow's tweet), what are the chances that new uniforms will be unveiled at the Signing Day Event next week at the RENT?

Reaction Score
Now that the cat is out of the bag (a.k.a. Rich Lagow's tweet), what are the chances that new uniforms will be unveiled at the Signing Day Event next week at the RENT?

I would think low. Larger athletic department re-brandings like this, especially by Nike (see Arizona State) and/or Under Armour (see Maryland) are part of a larger press conference that has the new logos, and the uniforms of various sports teams, not just football. These usually get a ton of press, so I HOPE UConn is going in this direction. See the video at the bottom of the link below for an idea of what I am talking about

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_southeast_valley/tempe/new-asu-logo

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I would think low. Larger athletic department re-brandings like this, especially by Nike (see Arizona State) and/or Under Armour (see Maryland) are part of a larger press conference that has the new logos, and the uniforms of various sports teams, not just football. These usually get a ton of press, so I HOPE UConn is going in this direction. See the video at the bottom of the link below for an idea of what I am talking about

At the B1G press conference, next Tuesday.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Dream01.jpg

I think I'll just drop your treat in the bowl and....run!

Reaction Score
I won't lie - maybe it's my hockey roots, but I've had uniform envy for the new Northwestern unis and their "Habs Stripes" (and I HATE THE CANADIENS).

Something like this in national flag blue:
northwestern-uniform.jpg

...combined with these helmets, or something close:
6849814715_fce82e2c34_z.jpg

Done.
Helmet definitely a good look, but the uni, not so much...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

while thats a great insider idea cap, i struggle to believe they would ever have the leadership/creativeness/balls/fanvision to think of something like that. if we did do that, then its a huge sign that someone in there has woken up and gets it...

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

Yes. Should be its own event. We had one a few years ago when we went killed Connecticut from the front of football jerseys. It wasn't a big deal but still got national press.

Reaction Score
Rather have white helmet with blue C....black sucks and is not a UConn color, but would probably work here at UConn being 10 years behind the curve on everything.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Lagow's latest tweet: "All black unis would be legit"

Of course, it's not a deciding factor in him coming to UConn, but more interest and excitement is always a good thing.

Reaction Score
Personally, I'd say white helmets look classy.

you know... I tend to disagree with alot of what you post but I'm totally with you here. White helmet 2 or 3 times/yr would be awesome!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i want all balck unis with a cute puppy husky god on the fornt of the jersey. no numbers or school name

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Which channel is Princeton commonly on? When you see the flying wing, do you think Princeton or Michigan? When you see the oblong G, Do you see think Bulldogs or Packers? How about numbers on the side of the helmet? 'Bama? T.C. Williams High School? Syracuse?

Who cares where the design originated in 1946? What matter is the current meaning. This is a message board and I'm give you my unsolicitated opinion, just like everyone else.

The problem with Delaware is that the colors are almost exactly the same.

I don't want any black helmets or black jerseys. It's a tacky play to gangbangers.

Like white and I could go for the metallic helmets as well, if blue or white. UConn - Huskies works because of Yukon - Huskies. We need to play up the white. Snow, winter...create a "Blizzard Zone" at the Rent. Mount snow machines and have the players emerge in a mini blizzard. We have probably the cleverest combination of school nickname and mascot in all of sports, it's time to leverage it. That includes a more fierce Husky mascot.

Looking forward to seeing what UConn and Nike can come up with.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The problem with Delaware is that the colors are almost exactly the same.

I don't want any black helmets or black jerseys. It's a tacky play to gangbangers.

Like white and I could go for the metallic helmets as well, if blue or white. UConn - Huskies works because of Yukon - Huskies. We need to play up the white. Snow, winter...create a "Blizzard Zone" at the Rent. Mount snow machines and have the players emerge in a mini blizzard. We have probably the cleverest combination of school nickname and mascot in all of sports, it's time to leverage it. That includes a more fierce Husky mascot.

Looking forward to seeing what UConn and Nike can come up with.
Love this idea. Of course the Rent would be a sea of neon yellow and pink, but still, in theory this is great!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Chrome has been done to death.

We need to set a new path.

How about carbon fiber? Gorilla Glass? Copper? Diamonds? Formica?

I like our uniforms, but I think a change is a good thing. I'm not crazy about white helmets, but let's see 'em before we complain.

Reaction Score
Fur fur fur! Lets put fur on the uniform, done and done. Our players would intimidate anyone who tries to dump red paint on them and shout, "Fur is murder." I could see smallwood and vann laying out someone in a "fur-y!" Plus it will keep our players warm during the late season games at the Rent. Practical and we would become new york's team in terms of the fashion world.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Chrome has been done to death.

We need to set a new path.

How about carbon fiber? Gorilla Glass? Copper? Diamonds? Formica?

I like our uniforms, but I think a change is a good thing. I'm not crazy about white helmets, but let's see 'em before we complain.
I don't know if you were being 100% facetious or just mostly, but carbon fiber would be BADASS.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I love the idea of a faux-carbon fiber weave pattern in the helmets.

The greatest looking piece of sporting equipment I have ever owned is a naked carbon-fiber road bike.

My second choice is copper because, well, what the hell. It'd be horrific, but by God, we'd be noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom