New Uni's next year? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New Uni's next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The problem with Delaware is that the colors are almost exactly the same.

I don't want any black helmets or black jerseys. It's a tacky play to gangbangers.

Like white and I could go for the metallic helmets as well, if blue or white. UConn - Huskies works because of Yukon - Huskies. We need to play up the white. Snow, winter...create a "Blizzard Zone" at the Rent. Mount snow machines and have the players emerge in a mini blizzard. We have probably the cleverest combination of school nickname and mascot in all of sports, it's time to leverage it. That includes a more fierce Husky mascot.

Looking forward to seeing what UConn and Nike can come up with.

That is to forward thinking for Connecticut. I expect a leather helmet with grey and white uniforms.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Pepband: what a contrast in the photo. Lame-0 Northwestern uney with stripes like junior high tube socks from the '70s, and an awesome Husky helmet.
Good work though

Reaction Score
I actually like the basketball logo but I'm guessing they're fading it out

UCLogoInterlock.jpg

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
This is a general Question - Why the heck are some of you guys so hung up on keeping the C? It's boring and screams tradition, and we we have NO D1 tradition. You are basically saying you want us to fake being something that we are not.

We, of all programs, should be the ones running out there with the crazy a** uniforms, assuming they are of the Oregon variety and not the Maryland variety (They look like someone threw up a McDonald's logo). We are brand new to D1, we have no design that people identify with. NO ONE OUTSIDE OF CT identifies UConn with the block C. There is no brand equity built up. One could actually debate we have negative equity due to the bad press we got from the Fiesta Bowl.

Putting the pieces together with various comments on this board and the comments from Lagow, the uniform change is part of a larger re-branding that the University is doing, including updating the Husky and all Logos. The logos, whatever ones are chosen, will be used across ALL sports, with the exception of the Baseball team keeping the old English C. It is quite possible that the Block C gets thrown out all together, or that the block C gets used for everything. This has been in the works for 4 or 5+ years, so they have done their due diligence and gathered market data on the various logos and what resonates (I know I personally took at least 1 survey via Email). THIS IS GREAT NEWS. It is another step towards catching up with the big boys.

The change is coming, so hopefully it's tasteful and represents the university well. No point in fighting it.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
while thats a great insider idea cap, i struggle to believe they would ever have the leadership/creativeness/balls/fanvision to think of something like that. if we did do that, then its a huge sign that someone in there has woken up and gets it...

Disagree. Don't double dip on promotional opportunities. Have a second, stand-alone event to unveil the new uniforms, and yet another for the logo/branding. We need to increase, not consolidate, good promotions.

I get that "CONNECTICUT" over "UConn" is a lost cause, but please no red trim, and please retain Block C as primary logo.

Bring on chrome, black, frosted white, alternative uniforms and whatever else Nike can dream up...

Oh, I'm well over 30 and support all that, so go l-uck yourself, HFD....

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I love the idea of a faux-carbon fiber weave pattern in the helmets.

The greatest looking piece of sporting equipment I have ever owned is a naked carbon-fiber road bike.

My second choice is copper because, well, what the hell. It'd be horrific, but by God, we'd be noticed.

Carbon Fiber - I really liked that part of Cinci's bowl helmets. The chrome claw marks, not so much.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe we can bring Hyper Elite Platinum to football.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I actually like the basketball logo but I'm guessing they're fading it out

UCLogoInterlock.jpg
The interlocking UC actually goes back to the 60s,maybe early 70s, I think.

On edit: I checked it's '67.

CL82

Reaction Score
Disagree. Don't double dip on promotional opportunities. Have a second, stand-alone event to unveil the new uniforms, and yet another for the logo/branding. We need to increase, not consolidate, good promotions.

I get that "CONNECTICUT" over "UConn" is a lost cause, but please no red trim, and please retain Block C as primary logo.

Bring on chrome, black, frosted white, alternative uniforms and whatever else Nike can dream up...

Oh, I'm well over 30 and support all that, so go l-uck yourself, HFD....

I gotta say I like red trim, even though it isn't one of our colors.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yeah. Adidas get some low marks from me for the Wisconsin and Nebraska unis.

Wow. I was thinking the exact opposite.
I would love a Huge "C" on the front of ours.

I suppose no matter what they look like...some will hate them ,and some will love them.

Reaction Score
Wow. I was thinking the exact opposite.
I would love a Huge "C" on the front of ours.

I suppose no matter what they look like...some will hate them ,and some will love them.
Yeah, you can't please everyone. But a change shows that someone is awake in the AD. :)

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Pepband: what a contrast in the photo. Lame-0 Northwestern uney with stripes like junior high tube socks from the '70s, and an awesome Husky helmet.
Good work though
I would have hated the tube sock stripes in the '90's, but now I love that look. These things go in cycles. When I was a kid it was lame to wear a backpack with both straps on your shoulders, you had to sling your backpack over one shoulder to look cool. But by the the time I got to college, putting your backpack on both shoulders was fine again.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Put me down as the first vote for tacky uniforms. Let's wake this state up from the coma its been in for the last 100 years.

CL82

Reaction Score
Jerseyfront.jpg

Make it National Flag Blue, change the orange to red and put a Husky instead of Gator (or a block C for you faux traditionalists) and sign me up. Oh and you'd have to change the SEC symbol to a B1G....

CL82

Reaction Score
I could live with this too:

See now with the center one (w/darker blue) and the white helmet I'm 100% good with the block C on the helmet. Please just not the platinum elite puke gray uni. I hated that when BB did it and it looks just as bad as a FB uni. Link to more unis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom