New Uni's next year? | The Boneyard

New Uni's next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone noticed this morning on twitter but Lagow and another recruit (not sure who it was specifically) mentioned something about new uni's next year. Lagow mentioned white helmets and then another recruit chimmed in and said he was told they will be getting all new uniforms next year when he visited this past weekend. I haven't been able to find any pictures but I'm def. pumped and hope this happens! Did anyone else see this or possibly see pictures of what they were talking about?

We need some buzz around the team and this is probably the quickest and easiest way to do it. How much this type of stuff matters to recruits can be debated but what I think cannot is the fact that it does matter to them.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It was clear that they were excited at the prospect of new unis, and that's what matters.

Reaction Score
It was clear that they were excited at the prospect of new unis, and that's what matters.

Only if we follow up with it!

Just my two cents, but I kind of like our classic uniforms, though I'd definitely be up for a change-of-pace uniform once or twice a year. No idea about the associated costs, though.

Reaction Score
Repeat after me: WHITE HELMETS SUCK! I hated UConn's white helmets of the 70's (exclude Bob Casciola's 1 year in Royal Blue helmets) & 80's. Was very happy when Skippy changed the helmet color to National Flag Blue.
White helmets are boring. Anyone remember the first few years post the AFL-NFL merger when all 5 teams in the AFC EAST sported white helmets?(Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, & Colts). White helmets show a lack of creativity or individualism. Absolutely despise them.

Reaction Score
I would really like to see the new husky on a blue chrome helmet and not too busy. Some of the chrome helmets look like walking ads with all the crap written on them.

Reaction Score
We should have added a metallic component to the blue on our present helmets, the flat blue is pretty boring. Not a fan of white helmets.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Why do some need to conclude that a new look is going to suck? We haven't even seen anything yet to pass any judgement. I, for one, am confident that Nike isn't going to disappoint. Have faith. Coaching changes and a solid recruiting class, things are looking up.

Also, it is obvious that uniforms do have some impact with recruits. Note the feedback above.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Repeat after me: WHITE HELMETS SUCK! I hated UConn's white helmets of the 70's (exclude Bob Casciola's 1 year in Royal Blue helmets) & 80's. Was very happy when Skippy changed the helmet color to National Flag Blue.
White helmets are boring. Anyone remember the first few years post the AFL-NFL merger when all 5 teams in the AFC EAST sported white helmets?(Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, & Colts). White helmets show a lack of creativity or individualism. Absolutely despise them.

Tell us how you REALLY feel about white helmets coach!! WOW! Come back from the darkside

No ducking MERLOT!

Reaction Score
Michigan State just unveiled a new chrome helmet

http://totheathletes.lockerdome.com/media/105324281

f542004bfdf3544db6fc763ee94d8cd7_large

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm typically a traditionalist, but we need something - anything - to give the program some juice.

Black jerseys, chrome helmets, white outs, blue matte, I really don't give a . The recruits like this stuff and that is all that matters.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm in the CoachCap camp. White helmets....not so much. Still, I'll reserve judgment until the changes are made, but I am a gigantic fan of national flag blue. I hope our helmets stay blue, regardless of design changes...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks some of these "chrome" helmets look like Christmas ornaments?
No. I for one can deal with a little bling to satisfy the younger generation but I want the block C to defeat the block M.......Do the folks looking for ballarina outfits realize we are talking football here? I say let a player that choses a school over a uniform to do so, we do not need the dumbing down.
I want players that care more about kicking ass than they do about what they are wearing while doing so...

Reaction Score
This is a general Question - Why the heck are some of you guys so hung up on keeping the C? It's boring and screams tradition, and we we have NO D1 tradition. You are basically saying you want us to fake being something that we are not.

We, of all programs, should be the ones running out there with the crazy a** uniforms, assuming they are of the Oregon variety and not the Maryland variety (They look like someone threw up a McDonald's logo). We are brand new to D1, we have no design that people identify with. NO ONE OUTSIDE OF CT identifies UConn with the block C. There is no brand equity built up. One could actually debate we have negative equity due to the bad press we got from the Fiesta Bowl.

Putting the pieces together with various comments on this board and the comments from Lagow, the uniform change is part of a larger re-branding that the University is doing, including updating the Husky and all Logos. The logos, whatever ones are chosen, will be used across ALL sports, with the exception of the Baseball team keeping the old English C. It is quite possible that the Block C gets thrown out all together, or that the block C gets used for everything. This has been in the works for 4 or 5+ years, so they have done their due diligence and gathered market data on the various logos and what resonates (I know I personally took at least 1 survey via Email). THIS IS GREAT NEWS. It is another step towards catching up with the big boys.

The change is coming, so hopefully it's tasteful and represents the university well. No point in fighting it.

Reaction Score
This is a general Question - Why the heck are some of you guys so hung up on keeping the C? It's boring and screams tradition, and we we have NO D1 tradition. You are basically saying you want us to fake being something that we are not.

We, of all programs, should be the ones running out there with the crazy a** uniforms, assuming they are of the Oregon variety and not the Maryland variety (They look like someone threw up a McDonald's logo). We are brand new to D1, we have no design that people identify with. NO ONE OUTSIDE OF CT identifies UConn with the block C. There is no brand equity built up. One could actually debate we have negative equity due to the bad press we got from the Fiesta Bowl.

Putting the pieces together with various comments on this board and the comments from Lagow, the uniform change is part of a larger re-branding that the University is doing, including updating the Husky and all Logos. The logos, whatever ones are chosen, will be used across ALL sports, with the exception of the Baseball team keeping the old English C. It is quite possible that the Block C gets thrown out all together, or that the block C gets used for everything. This has been in the works for 4 or 5+ years, so they have done their due diligence and gathered market data on the various logos and what resonates (I know I personally took at least 1 survey via Email). THIS IS GREAT NEWS. It is another step towards catching up with the big boys.

The change is coming, so hopefully it's tasteful and represents the university well. No point in fighting it.

Exactly, people need to get that we don't come close to D1 tradition like Alabama, Michigan, Penn State etc... and eventually even these schools will jump the ship! It's 2013 not 1990, it's a whole new era and these kids like to wear new uniforms. just because a kid likes a school for the uniform doesn't mean they won't work or play hard. Lagow and Joseph both were raving about Uconn getting new uniforms, so if thats what it takes for us to get big time recruits im down. Plus it seems like we're the only program that almost every sport has different logos. Its about time Uconn stepped up and gave the whole Uconn athletics one logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom