New UConn Assistant Coach Morgan Valley | Page 9 | The Boneyard

New UConn Assistant Coach Morgan Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My comments would not be positive and I do not want to discuss this any further. I made my position clear. If I cannot say anything good, I do not want to say it.
Then in the future, don't bother saying anything at all if you aren't willing to back it up.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
What shall we make of this stridulous carping?

What on her resume is strong? Geno is just being loyal and charitable to former player.

What on her resume is strong?

Recruited by UConn.
Played on championship teams at UConn.
Employed by many fine wbb programs, helping two to earn their first final four participation.
Lengthy positive relationships with Geno Auriemma, Chris Dailey, Jamelle Elliott.

Geno is just being loyal and charitable to former player.

As he was when he hired Shea Ralph, and as he was when he hired Jamelle Elliott.

Does Geno hire (1) people he trusts to help him win, or (2) dead weight that he thinks will just collect a paycheck without making a strong contribution to the UConn program?

The author of the quoted cheapshots must think Geno is in favor of (2), above.
What does that tell us about the judgment of the cheapshot author?

Reaction Score
Recruiting is analogous to selling a product. If your product isn't good, it's a 'hard sell'. If your product is good, it's an 'easy sell'. UConn is an EZ sell, eh?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You are right BUT it did not take him 7 jobs to get it right. I guess in 2 or 3 years I'll learn if her hire was an act of charity.
You are married to a time and era long gone by where the people in their 50s, 60’s and 70’s had very little job movement in their careers. Now, in all of life, taking on new roles every few years IS the new normal. You also have not been pay8ng attention to any other College Basketball programs and all the movement of assistants year to year. So yes, it I still experience and will be beneficial to our program. Perhaps some google searches for you could enlighten your understanding of the generations that have entered the job market sincerely your era. Just a suggestion so you are not viewed “as that’s old man of yells hey kid get off my lawn”...

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Its amazing the amount of knowledge (not) these couch coaches have. I think the comparison by some posters to Volnation is warranted and correct. These last couple of years have seen more of this negativity showing up on the BY. Some have disappeared and some I have blocked.

Nothing I can say or do will change their minds. Nor will anyone else change their minds/ opinions. And I don't care to.

Bottom line, like it or not, Geno is running the program. And I will add CD, for it has been a co-coaching job since they started. They decide, not the fans. I am perfectly fine with these two choosing who they believe is best for the program. Their record over 30+ seasons speaks for itself. They have earned that right. If you don't like it - to bad. That's on you.

Reaction Score
Uh Oh.
Make nice?
Decision has been made.
Let’s all see how it play’s out.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Some people are losing their minds over this topic. I’ve seen some horrible (no longer visible) responses that I never thought I’d see on the Boneyard. Stop this immature behavior immediately. I’m losing my patience and remember, it’s much easier to get rid of troublesome posters than clean up their messes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom